My name is Melissa A and I am an amateur photographer.
I love taking all kind of photogaphs but vivid color, upclose and nature seem to be my favorite.
I have always loved photography, and now I can persue
my passion. I hope whom visits my gallery will enjoy
what they see and maybe find some inspiration!
*New* Nikon 70-300 VR
Nikon Macro 60mm
I hope you enjoy viewing my gallery!!!
All my photos have a copyright.
© All rights reserved. Use without permission is illegal
© Copyright.. You can not use!
You must have my written permission to use one of my photos.
Thanks to all my new Flickr friends you all are an inspiration to me!
- Nature Watching (Post 1 : Award 2) 244,786 photos, 13,668 members
- The Dictionary Of Image 4,105 photos, 1,529 members
- Platinum Photography Group ~ "Quality Photography" 301,538 photos, 32,868 members
- The Nature Conservancy 1,106,550 photos, 41,826 members
- Only Zoo Pictures 20,190 photos, 309 members
- I'm using "ROAD TRIP" 151 photos, 166 members
- Flickr Special- Post 1- Give 5 Comments 263,441 photos, 13,251 members
- Ultimate GOLD (Post 1 - Give 5 Gold Stars) 214,094 photos, 9,836 members
- TexasFlickr(ers) NO PEOPLE SHOTS>>>JUST TEXAS 16,330 photos, 625 members
- Amazing Shots Gallery! 217,482 photos, 22,164 members
- Eye for Composition - Post 1, Comment 2, Invite 1 2,693 photos, 1,646 members
- ~LMAO~ Animal photography only! 5,679 photos, 2,829 members
- The Best. Nothing Else. 12,337 photos, 1,702 members
- Flamingo 8,373 photos, 2,211 members
- >>> ULTRASELECTED <<< 424 photos, 108 members
- the bird show 5,833 photos, 154 members
- DFW Area Meetup 4,683 photos, 646 members
- Texas Bluebonnets 6,568 photos, 449 members
- *Karma* 906,861 photos, 17,317 members
- FLOWER-POWER 365,742 photos, 19,191 members
- Beautiful Earth 861,253 photos, 19,339 members
- 100+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two) 85,990 photos, 5,820 members
- EXPLORER BOUND post 1, comment/fav any 2 5,464 photos, 491 members
- .Super A+++ Photo group (Post 1, Award 2)-by Invitation Only 36,466 photos, 7,308 members
- 07_07_07 7,794 photos, 4,877 members
- Clic 12,026 photos, 371 members
- Diamond Photographer 782 photos, 170 members
- Flowers Galore 265,356 photos, 10,066 members
- ~Silly Animals~ 1,767 photos, 305 members
- ♥No♥ 337 photos, 603 members
- Fav photographer (Invite Only) 10,344 photos, 2,524 members
- Stock the Wildlife Park 17,390 photos, 1,814 members
- Global Village 2 - CLOSED 208,916 photos, 14,255 members
- Favorite Pictures 125,020 photos, 7,052 members
- Super Shots - Post 1 - Award 2 282,155 photos, 40,612 members
- fd's Flickr Toys 33,840 photos, 18,335 members
- 1-2-3 490,431 photos, 17,135 members
- 3-2-1 166,795 photos, 5,896 members
- The Beauty of Flamingos 2,904 photos, 838 members
- The 25% MagicDonkey Solution 1,987 photos, 458 members
- Interestingness | Must be in Top 10 14,165 photos, 6,547 members
- WowieKazowie! 203,068 photos, 7,728 members
- **FlickrsBest** 202,443 photos, 16,767 members
- 50+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two). 46,834 photos, 7,923 members
- 25+ Faves (25-49): P1, aw & fav 2 on the first newest page 29,878 photos, 6,383 members
- National Geographic: Are You Good Enough? Post 1, Nominate 3 1,204,633 photos, 76,965 members
- Oneness – Labyrinth 47,668 photos, 4,744 members
- Excellence In Avian Photography (EIAP) -- INVITED IMAGES ONLY !! 88,150 photos, 9,099 members
- The World Through My Eyes - TGIF *OPEN* 4,388,949 photos, 118,351 members
- Reflections 699,205 photos, 54,957 members
"Melissa is a kind, friendly lady as well as one heck of a photographer! Her nature shots are amazing! After meeting her in person I am also impressed with the person she is. Generous with her time, eager to teach others and just be a friend. I am honored to be counted as one of her friends!"
November 8th, 2007
Gerla Brakkee says:
"Melissa is one of the friendliest, most helpful, hospitable, funny and generous people I know. Her pictures are a personification of who she is, vibrant, colourful and full of life! Her love of nature shows in each picture she takes. She has a great eye for composition and colors and in her animal shots she brings out the character of each and every animal she captures and that is an amazing accomplishment! I am proud and honoured to have Melissa as a friend."
July 22nd, 2007
"Melissa's photostream is exceptional. She obviously only uploads her very best photos. Either that, or every photo she takes is outstanding. . .=^D
If you want to see the very best flickr has to offer in animal, floral, or nature photography, this is the place to visit. I find her animal portraits especially phenomenal - each one gives a real sense of the character or mood of the animal. In short, one GREAT collection, period."
July 12th, 2007
"I'm really not much of a writer, but after a few months here on Flickr, I felt compelled to say something about the one photographer who more than anyone else here motivated and inspired me to improve my own photography.
If you haven't checked out her photostream, you really should. Her animal shots are amazing. Not only are they technically good, but she captures the personality of each animal. I found myself going to the zoo hoping my pictures would turn out almost as good as hers.
Not content to just be good herself, she is a constant presence in the photostreams of her contacts...commenting, encouraging, and advising. And if that isn't enough, she's the brains behind one of the largest and most popular groups on Flickr - Nature's Finest.
I feel very fortunate to have stumbled across Melissa's photostream, and I feel that I'm a better photographer because of it. Melissa is a huge asset to Flickr. Check out her photostream and Nature's Finest...you may learn something...I did :-)
Oh, that "Amateur Photographer" stuff she put in her profile...don't believe it. She's no amateur. :-)"
June 12th, 2007
"For me Melissa is the epitomy of what Flickn' is all about! She is an amazing photographer, sharing her sense of wonder and humor at the world thru her photos! She never misses the chance to spread her enthusiam by encouraging others with kind words! Each time she comments on one of my photos I feel a real sense of accomplishment and I'm always anxious to see what she is going to post next....."
May 31st, 2007
"The most incredible wildlife photos on flickr. And that's just part of Melissa's wonderful portfolio."
June 1st, 2007
"I don't have to go very far to find beauty.
Just go to Melissa's photostream and you will find a beautiful world.
Thanks Melissa for sharing..
Be back for more."
May 29th, 2007
"It has been said before about Melissa, by no definition she could call herself an "amateur photographer". Going through her stream you will be amazed over and over again by her truly beautiful captures.
The vibrant colors and stunning clarity she is able to capture will leave true amateurs like myself speechless. From the flower pictures, where she is able to catch the essence of the bloom, to the portraits in which she clearly shows the spirit of the person, to the crisp animal pictures she seems to capture at exactly the right moment.
I was amazed by her beautiful photo stream and I know that when I need inspiration for my own pictures, her stream will be one of the first places for me to look for it.
Thank you for sharing your beautiful work and setting an example for others to follow."
April 2nd, 2007
Lerxst Ohio says:
"In her profile, Melissa calls herself an 'amateur photographer'. One needs only to look through her photos here on Flickr to know that she can leave off that 'amateur' label. Her photos seem to be taken at just the right moment in time and make the viewer feel as if they are right there next to her when she took the picture. So many beautiful photos, so many special moments... Thank you, Melissa! You are an inspiration to all of us TRUE amateurs!!!"
March 15th, 2007
"Truly a beast with the camera! I'm sure she really works for the National Geographic, her nature shot are unbelievable! She has such a connection with the animals in her latest series, that look in all there eyes! Always a pleasure viewing your shots Melissa."
March 15th, 2007
(Βαγγελης) Vangelis says:
"Melissa - A Photographer that knows how to catch a moment! Her talent, beautiful shots and colors are an inspiration for me! As a person she is a warm and pleasant friend that is willing to help if she can. She taught me a lot and her enthusiastic photography is pushing me to better photos!
Thank you Melissa for everything and i am glad i met you here!"
March 12th, 2007
"Melissa_A photo are unbelievable. The colors are breathtaking. The detail is amazing. Just a pleasure to view. Thank you Melissa_A"
March 8th, 2007
"Melissa's photos are a study if color! the colors are great. Also her flower and sunsets belong in a frame!"
January 31st, 2007
"Beauty, color, technique, art … all that is Melissa's photography! A magnificent photographer and better friend that I have had the opportunity to know thanks to Flickr. Really I admire your work and invite you all to know about her works, they really are worth it! Bruno"
January 27th, 2007
- Melissa A
- January 2007
- Waxahachie, Texas USA
- Keller Texas, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken