i love light, scrabble, coffee, cuba, books, music, poems, languages, springtime, and photographs. i love lots of other things, too.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DO NOT use my work without asking my permission first. If you do, I will probably hate you and take action. None of us want that, so DO NOT USE MY WORK. If you do happen to break this rule, that would be considered STEALING. Understand? Good.
- Female Self-Portrait Artists' Support Group (FSPASG) 5,204 photos, 250 members
- FSPASG ADMINS 0 photos, 29 members
- haunted by waters 1,049 photos, 287 members
- SLIDELUCK POTSHOW Paris 2 photos, 242 members
- Fuji Instax 200 Wide 10,641 photos, 2,411 members
- Felicia.Renee Presets & Other goodies 20 photos, 163 members
- MIL Y UNA OVEJAS 414 photos, 175 members
- If You Leave - Open Submissions 15,754 photos, 5,749 members
- WANE Magazine 763 photos, 1,205 members
- .film.forever. 791,803 photos, 13,325 members
- RAW Magazine Group 127,578 photos, 3,780 members
- Mr. Moog's 52 Weeks Emporium 1,941 photos, 404 members
- Halves 245 photos, 17 members
- Inauguration 2009 12,030 photos, 2,717 members
- It rolls in from the sea. 162 photos, 27 members
- 'Roid Week 2008 2,534 photos, 831 members
- GFY 228 photos, 209 members
- ~FM~ 7 photos, 120 members
- whimsical bullshit 5,062 photos, 316 members
- disposable 31,622 photos, 3,247 members
- Modern Portraits (and Self-Portraits) 74,285 photos, 3,795 members
- SOOC Fridays 1,755 photos, 424 members
- Duets 236 photos, 256 members
- live: be more than just alive. 4,530 photos, 311 members
- Blartsy 2,201 photos, 276 members
- Acción Poética 1,831 photos, 480 members
- Kitteh! 580 photos, 84 members
- Scrunched Selfie!! 233 photos, 175 members
- Diptych Sunday 696 photos, 356 members
- fiddy whores 34,653 photos, 1,339 members
- I Shoot Film 2,594,075 photos, 110,147 members
- Holgagraphy 164,898 photos, 18,266 members
- Holga 252,278 photos, 19,207 members
- yellow bird project 49 photos, 234 members
- NOW CLOSED! Project: Self (Female Self Portraits) 974 photos, 53 members
- Polaroid Passion 28,841 photos, 1,260 members
- Moderate Images are not 18 + Images. 0 photos, 421 members
- 120 606,740 photos, 17,462 members
- 50 selected 6,090 photos, 634 members
- The FSPASG Wandering Wig 21 photos, 20 members
- Creative self-portraits. 209,376 photos, 21,598 members
- The Record - Album Artwork (Images Must Be Square) 1,027 photos, 171 members
- ¡Bokeh! 135,233 photos, 5,146 members
- Napkin blog 49 photos, 228 members
- i hate winter 3,419 photos, 265 members
- Threadless 6,279 photos, 1,632 members
- GHETTO LIGHTING 4,115 photos, 682 members
- Quote Whores 5,788 photos, 422 members
- Kahlo-inspired 665 photos, 178 members
- 80's style Double Exposure portraits 55 photos, 172 members
attractive chance says:
"her portraits are amazing! she is very creative and talented!"
October 4th, 2009
common bulb says:
"without question one of the more honest faces on flickr...not to mention one of its most talented picture-takers. she captures herself just as i hope to capture others. beautiful, beautiful, work."
September 14th, 2009
Anthony J. Martinez says:
"Meg is the reason "add to faves" should be an option for users as well as photos. I would have clicked it by her name many moons ago if I could have. If I can, someone needs to show me how. Such a talent, and such a beauty. Win++"
March 11th, 2009
flightless bird says:
"Meg is magic and inspiration. I can never get enough"
November 18th, 2008
"I am constantly in awe of Megan.
Not only is she unbelievably beautiful, but she posesses immense skill and talent with photography.
Her photos have the perfect lighting, spot-on composition colors that vary from rainbow to black and white, and most of all- personality.
Her self portraits for one, are dazzling in their varation and consistent beauty.
Her photos whether taken on a disposable or a DSLR make me smile and make me want to be there.
She is a lovely soul who also shares my love of light, scrabble, literature, music, poetry, language, and photography."
October 22nd, 2008
Anthony Citrano says:
"At first I added Meg just because she was hot. But what a treat I was in for! I've been so impressed with her images - her soul and mind shine through them in a way that never leaves the observer untouched. Rock on, Meg."
May 28th, 2008
puzzled guitar says:
"meg meg meg meg and meg. and even if there WERE five of her, they would never equal the goodness of just the one of her that there is! i have always been sad by the fact that my mom had a miscarriage after i was born and that i never got to have a little brother or sister. if i was to have one, and could somehow pick: this is her. i am as serious as angina about that. not sure if she found me or i found her or if mariah found me and i found meg through her or if mariah found me and told meg to find me or if we found each other or if i found the lucky decoder ring in my cereal box and that helped me find the GOLDMINE that are the mccormick sisters or whatever the evolution of it all was. and it matters not. but i wish i could somehow calendar that day and celebrate it annually. hmmmm… not a bad idea. there is a st patty’s day and a president’s day… why could there not be “goddess mccormicks day” ??
so, it is almost odd to think back to the time before meg got her “big girl camera” and imagine what kind of awesomeness she was still achieving before that. proving that her imagination, creativity, gumption, sense of wit and humor, artistic capabilities and general fantasticalities rose above the need (pish posh) for a “real” camera.
i have, for over a year now, smiled broadly at the constant imagining of the two sisters sitting in the same room and flickring on separate computers… or working on photos from a joint galavanting. it brings me great joy to know meg as much as i do. any and every time i see that she has posted something new, i cannot wait to see it because i know it IS new… fresh… and another work of art with her very specific and unique fingerprint all over it. she is an inspiration at the tippy top of my inspiration list and i genuinely care about and for her. keep pushing on, meg. the world is a better place with you in it. that is NOT an exaggeration."
April 30th, 2008
"the emotions and range of megan's photos show a true artist at work. looking through her stream is so refreshing, as she displays real creativity and originality in her work. i particularly like what she writes along with her pictures: bits of poems, expressions of emotions, or funny anecdotes because it reveals her unique personality and the the reasons why i'm so glad she is my friend."
April 15th, 2008
i am a mermaid princess. says:
"such fresh and wonderful images, full of emotion that show her warm-hearted spirit. The vibrancy of her images is what strikes me the most. So beautiful"
January 21st, 2008
olivia bee says:
"Wow. I just found her today, but Megan has blown me away. The perfect definition of "wow.""
December 21st, 2007
Bee Brady ♥ says:
"I love range of megan's work, but her self-portraits are particularly inspiring. Visiting her stream is a constant series of " oh ! I wish I had thought of that!" moments. A great photographer."
November 24th, 2007
"i absolutely love megan's work. it's amazing.
her shots are so beautiful and fresh... :-)
you can easily see her talent.
and she's a reallyreally lovely person.
November 15th, 2007
"This is Megan's own little world captured by a lens. Her ingenious portraiture never ceases to shock, amaze, and inspire. Throw in some of her beautiful landscapes and still lives and she has it all! ...but I don't need to tell you this, look for yourself!"
October 28th, 2007
"megan makes the work of identity construction visual, takes herself apart as subject and recombines the elements so i see her as subject, and myself as viewing subject, differently.
a discovery. wonderful work."
September 15th, 2007
possible walk says:
"Une personnalité qui crève l'écran, un style unique et plein de vie, une imagination débordante, un p'tit côté sombre fascinant, une belle maitrise...tous les composants qui font le talent d'une nana extra!"
September 6th, 2007
"Daring, evocative and not afraid to push the envelope. I've gotten so much inspiration from this woman to try new and different things; especially in the realm of self-portraiture. Despite what she inspires in me, there is a sea of calm that floods over me when I sit and stare at her images. She's one for the books!"
July 29th, 2007
Rai Robledo says:
"Photos full of beautiful moments and beautiful colors. Bucolic, tender, nice, funny and raw. I adore all the sensations that me transmit your shots.
Obliged visit every day."
July 10th, 2007
" Experiencing her view through the lens reveals her personality and passion. Nothing is by accident, every detail is accounted for in the quest for a perfect composition. She doesn't even realize how truly good she is."
June 6th, 2007
"Megan is one of the most consistantly creative photographers on Flickr. Her photos show a different reality, a different angle and a different point of view. Her photos and reach out and grab the auidence pulling them into the scene. Sheer brilliance."
May 17th, 2007
Fabio Sabatini says:
"Today I have discovered a genius! It is impossible not to love Meg's stream."
April 18th, 2007
"...its a photostream to get lost in... i mean... one of her is stunning enough.... but when u have more then that... in one photo alone.... there is nothing else to do but drop your jaws... and stare in complete awe....
glad we ran into each other in this weird little world..."
February 11th, 2007
"Sus fotos van mas allá de sus ya perfectos clones, logra encontrar la belleza en cada esquina, con una composicion hermosa y una luz perfecta.. pero no dejes de admirar sus clones!"
January 28th, 2007
diasporate dan says:
"Meg and her sister Maria have shot straight into my flickr chart at joint Number One. Intriguing examples of the Yin and Yan (but not neccesarily in that order) of performance art in the photographic medium, they show and astounding maturity alongside fresh humour of various ages and colours. Steeped in the past yet forward looking, they never cease to amaze and amuse. Maria is confidence, Megan is danger. Megan is Shirley, Maria is Dolly. They are rare and special, all the more so for being so connected, both genetically and spiritually. If anything can be -posed, it is theirs to juxta-. In my estimation they are a modern miracle, and one day I'm sure they will be recognised as a three different resources to be cherish, each, the other, and both."
January 11th, 2007
cold brains unmoved says:
"oh my! this girl doesn't even need a testimonial! but... her photos are amazing! the composition of each shot is something to be envious of for sure..... and photoshop work? so cool!"
December 14th, 2006
"My sister, Megan McCormick, is the genius who taught me about composition in my photos. I owe her my photographical skills. She's also the subject of most of my portraits, a very willing and patient model indeed. She's also got my back.
Meg pays attention to detail, and though her subject may be inanimate, she brings tangible life to objects that can be seen and felt when looked at close enough. She also takes extremely flattering pictures of her sister, Mariah, who is currently single and adores long walks on the beach."
July 6th, 2006
- March 2006
- I am:
- Meg Wethersfield Photography