I have been photographing and traveling from Albuquerque for nearly the past two decades. I started making photos with a Sawyer 120 when I was 9 and I still have all of those photos, but not the Sawyer. Over time, I moved on to an Instamatic, a Ricoh SLR (stolen), Pentax MX (which I loved with a 28 f/2.8), Olympus XA, Elan IIe, and EOS 3 (perhaps the best 35 mm SLR ever); my digital photos started with a Nikon Coolpix 700, then on to Canons 10D, 40D, 5D, and now have started using M4/3s for street and travel, first a G1, now a G3.
After all of this, I know it is not the camera; it is the light and the eye that make great photos -- be there when the light is happening for the eye and camera to do their jobs.
On the official State of New Mexico question, "red or green," I most often pick "green.", chili that is.
Most photos here are at screen resolution. If you need a higher resolution image or a print, drop me an email.
mdmarcus' favorite photos from other Flickr members (5)
- ✧├Group wi†h Ҽxperience┤✧ 3,558,456 photos, 467,041 members
- 1001noisycameras 75,311 photos, 755 members
- Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta 5,678 photos, 656 members
- CITRIT,Best of yours! / Invited shots only/comment 2 / 304,383 photos, 29,216 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 4,538,066 photos, 184,833 members
- **FlickrsBest** 202,302 photos, 16,767 members
- New Mexico Photos by New Mexico Photographers. 27,592 photos, 468 members
mdmarcus doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Mike Marcus
- May 2009