6D 2E 61 2E 78
About CC Licenses - I haven't been very consistent about these. If you see a photo you want to use that has "all rights reserved" then please ask before using - chances are good I will change the license for you.
About me - I'm not particularly fond of describing myself in a textbox. Suffice it to say I love photography, music, reading and I have engineering background, not artistic.
I do not think in terms of 'photostreams.' I'm old fashioned, I guess, but, I don't intend for people to randomly go through all my pictures and have them make sense. That's why I have tons of photosets organized. Other pictures I upload will typically be for a specific 'group.' So if it seems like I upload a lot of stuff that doesn't make sense together, just be aware of that, I guess.
(photo by brookenovak)
Canon 24-70 f/2.8 L
Canon 70-200 f/2.8 IS L
CP-E3 Battery Pack
Canon A300 point and shoot
Various older film cameras
JTL 200W Versalight
JTL 300W Mobilight w/ battery pack (~100 shots @ full power)
JTL heavy light stands
PocketWizard Plus II Radio Slave Tx/Rx
Photoflex 3'x4' Softbox (gold and silver inserts)
Accessory kit for softbox including circle mask, strip mask and louvres.
Heavy duty stand on casters
(2) 45" Adjustable silver brollys.
Full Background Stand (10' I think) w/ black background
Westcott 5'x6' collapsible reversible background (grayish/bluish)
Westcott 4-in-1 42" reflector kit (1 silver/gold, 1 white/ diffuser) w/ boom stand
Sekonic L308 Flash meter
google talk sn: maxshirley /at/ gmail dawt com
- A.I.P.E. 837 photos, 39 members
- Aint Nothin But A Yelp Thang Graffiti Pool 29 photos, 17 members
- Its All About Chris 77 photos, 23 members
- DrSketchy's Atlanta 355 photos, 66 members
- Sigma 10-20 50,740 photos, 3,092 members
- Atlanta Photo Strollers 5,554 photos, 843 members
- Atlanta "Hams With Cams" 1,654 photos, 52 members
- Cameras and Cold Beer 7 photos, 14 members
- Atlanta Photography Exhibit (APE) 411 photos, 418 members
- Crazy Christians 2 photos, 14 members
- ATLANTA PHOTOGRAPHERS GUILD 59,487 photos, 3,468 members
- New VW Rabbit 340 photos, 67 members
- Clubbing Photography 7,020 photos, 707 members
- ATLANTA GROUP SOCIAL 176 photos, 79 members
- Photographer's Tech Resources 2,112 photos, 4,159 members
- Atlanta Photographer Exchange 8,903 photos, 915 members
- WTF Photo Group 0 photos, 274 members
- Underground Atlanta 352 photos, 87 members
- 160 photos, 36 members
- Twenty Five 1,467 photos, 115 members
- DANGER! 6,505 photos, 870 members
- Georgia Tech 3,882 photos, 362 members
- Throne Of Inspiration 120 photos, 69 members
- A Few of My Favorite Things 27,627 photos, 978 members
Velvet G says:
"I'd been meaning to write this for some time now and when I realized I never did, I kicked myself.
Max does brilliant work. I could end with that because it pretty much sums up my thoughts on his photography, but I'll say more. It was through his impressive action shots that I realized that I also wanted a 70-200mm lens. Even though he does inspire the rest of us, he's a good guy and very free to compliment people on the work they do.
It speaks volumes about his character.
I'm always looking for the next big thing to come from Max... and he never disappoints."
August 17th, 2006
JoshN pro says:
"When I started training with Max, he helped me to change my eating habits. I eat so much more healthy now and as a result have better muscle definition to show for it and I feel better. The weight training helped me develop great definition and feel more powerful for my videos and for my photo shoots. I’ve gotten so many compliments from people in the music business and just friends and family. Max absolutely cuts you no slack, but you feel great as a result. So it’s about feeling more powerful as well as being more powerful. He’s the man."
November 3rd, 2005
"Max is a true team player and understands PEOPLE. His personality rocks big time and his creativity is very .... how shall I put it ... CATCHY. His awesome photos were many of my first favs."
June 29th, 2005
"Max is a bastard. He takes brilliant photographs that make mine look like dirt. Starts wonderful groups that leave mine in the mud, and THEN he goes and makes us all look like little kids with daddy's polaroid in the Chase.
I'm going to be waiting for him in an Alley one night..."
October 17th, 2004
"Max is Master Po to my Caine, Quincy to my Sam, Fonzie to my Richie, Batman to my Robin, Hawkeye to my Radar, Picard to my Wesley, Fred to my Barney, Sean Connery to my George Lazenby...
Max is All-Flickr - a photographin', networkin', group-makin' dynamo. When he comments on your photo - and he will - consider yourself blessed. When he adds you to his contacts - and he will - consider yourself annointed. When he invites you to one of his ingenious group - and he will - consider yourself proven. in fact, you will find yourself devoting your entire photographic effort to capture something that will fit cleanly into Max's weltanzeitgeistschaunctgesellschaft - and you will."
October 5th, 2004
- max shirley
- July 2004
- I am:
- Male and Single
- my crappy webpage i never update...