"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars"
I began my work as a professional photographer in photo journalism in 1986, working for a local newspaper called "Journal do Brasil" where I spent 5 years as a member of the photography staff. Since then I've worked in many other newspapers and magazines. Although I have a great deal of work in publicity and fashion magazines, photo journalism is where I have spent the greatest amount of my professional career.
I am drawn to photo jornalism because I enjoy being behind the camera shooting and preserving a moment in life. Some days there are many different subjects and people to be photographed. It is the diversity of photo journalism that I enjoy. I am provided the opportunity to be shooting an artist exhibition in the morning, next go to a supermarket for a story about a customer who is a sweepstakes winner. My next shot can be a tragic car accident with fatalities, or i may be sent into a slum where the traffic dealers are having a war with the local police. Then if I'm really lucky, the last shot of the day might be a theatre premier with a movie star, a concert with a major rock star or reception for a local politician. One thing about working in photo journalism, there are times you certainly feel that you've accomplished more than can fit into one day!
I very much enjoy being a member of flickr and I'm looking forward to learning more about this thing I so dearly love and do for a living, which is PHOTOGRAPHY!
The best of luck to you!!
HYPER DYNAMIC RANGE : A world of fantasy and possibility
This is me and my producer shooting for a fashion Magazine.
Se voce pretende usar alguma das minhas fotografias por favor entre em contato, obrigado.
If you intend to use any of my pictures, PLEASE, you need to contact me first before you use any of them. Thank you.
I do not post my images full-resolution on Flickr and most are watermarked.
contatos / contacts: email@example.com
Photos of mauronascimento (2)
- ◇Group with Ҽxperience◆ 2,834,107 photos, 338,883 members
- 2010 London Summer Photo-Classes 1,318 photos, 302 members
- !*Flickr Award Group*! (GIVE 5 AWARDS) 2,779,477 photos, 96,407 members
- ~ Len's Gallery No Need To Join group just add~with my invite~ 508 photos, 64 members
- ♥ Flying Carpet Club ♥ Post 2/comment3 32,957 photos, 2,107 members
- **Platinum Heart Awards** (Only with 8+Heart Awards Invitation!) 207,787 photos, 15,065 members
- Global Photography .....( Only the highest quality and compositi 1,539 photos, 1,089 members
- **Heart Awards** (P.1 Award 5) Moderator Plea!! 1,160,923 photos, 36,096 members
- *****FROM MY LENS***** 461,726 photos, 10,602 members
- ^_________^ 601 photos, 171 members
- HDR Village 210,189 photos, 5,662 members
- The World Through My Eyes - WEEKEND SHOWCASE *OPEN* 3,864,878 photos, 109,007 members
- HDR 973,592 photos, 92,321 members
Bloody Tracks says:
"Amazing images, all in different techiniques! Awesome work over here."
September 10th, 2008
stefan graef says:
"brilliant work and very inspiring. unique photographs and a perfect eye. I learn a lot from your photos."
July 16th, 2008
"I think I could fave just about every photo in here. This is one talented photographer. You should browse a little...it's well worth your time. I could only dream of being half this good. Great work, sir!!!"
June 6th, 2008
"He is one of my favorite photographer and he is a very nice friend.His photostream is full of excellent and creative captures.I am greatly honored to be one of his flickr friend.I am lucky one.Thank you so much my friend :)"
May 16th, 2008
Pedro Olivo Guach says:
"A great and creative photographer and a better friend. Thanks for your advice and comments!!"
May 1st, 2008
"Mauro has got not only excellent processing to show you but also an artistic eye to see things the way most people don't.
His great ideas quickly hatch into superbly composed photos, and like his "pregnant" set, this guy is pregnant with talent :)
Thanks for sharing, Mauro. Keep them coming, my friend!"
April 22nd, 2008
"Mauro is a master of light and perspective. The diversity of his work demonstrates his artistic creativity and versatility. His skill behind the camera leaves me in anticipation of his next work of art. Mauro is a skilled paint and sketch artist as well, which I believe is evident in his artistic eye. I admire and respect him and his work and feel fortunate to call him friend. You are a treasure!"
March 24th, 2008
- Mauro Nascimento
- February 2008
- Rio de Janeiro
- Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Professional Photographer
- mauronascimentobd [at] yahoo.com.br