Describe myself? Anti-social middle aged woman, occasionally with camera, often with German shepherd, happiest when working with dirt, plants, rocks and wood, and avoiding other humans.
Photos of McNeney (1)
- Nature Through The Lens / Invited Photos Only. 13,115 photos, 2,267 members
- "MASIVIDAD EXCLUSIVA"-"Exclusive Mass" 875 photos, 466 members
- Faux Vintage 135,750 photos, 10,034 members
- Right Place / Right Time 41,686 photos, 2,210 members
- This Photo is Very "Me" - Please comment 1 photo in the group 2,314 photos, 180 members
- Al's Discount Sanitarium 247 photos, 16 members
- World's Best Dazzling Shots.(Invited only, post 1/comment 3) 26,372 photos, 8,552 members
- Hippie Chic 3,920 photos, 951 members
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only) 489,900 photos, 63,455 members
- Sharpness is Such a Bourgeois Concept 1,300 photos, 3,252 members
- My Dark Life 3,251 photos, 548 members
- Dark Woods 431 photos, 371 members
- BBlurzz 11,883 photos, 719 members
- Man Ray 14,717 photos, 4,300 members
- Batram`s versatile friends (post3 diff. genres: read the rules!) 3,649 photos, 968 members
- tabby cats 54,589 photos, 3,503 members
- bokeh whores 303,183 photos, 13,027 members
- Analogue of Weirdology 21,144 photos, 992 members
- 1000 words of poetry 9,163 photos, 470 members
- ╠Art Libre-Free Art-Arte Libre Challenge A TRICK OF THE LIGHT 50,321 photos, 8,338 members
- Gorillapod Love 4,832 photos, 1,552 members
- hand project 77 photos, 33 members
- Anti Valentine 401 photos, 256 members
- closed world 506 photos, 133 members
- Madness In The Method 837 photos, 67 members
- Victoria, BC 31,601 photos, 1,748 members
- Fall 7,444 photos, 614 members
- My Most Viewed 141 photos, 212 members
- Swimming in light 65,528 photos, 3,385 members
- Photomanipulation 91,964 photos, 7,354 members
- Clones 17,502 photos, 5,519 members
- a thrill through your backbone 399 photos, 85 members
- Distorted visions 4,212 photos, 622 members
- A Place to find Peace 30,926 photos, 1,624 members
- Houser Stock Photo 0 photos, 329 members
- Aged Cats 3,229 photos, 286 members
- Strange Worlds 14,928 photos, 677 members
- day of the week 85 photos, 282 members
- Utata 445,591 photos, 26,137 members
- Oh My Dog! (Dignified and Regal Poses only!) 10,586 photos, 2,656 members
- They live in our objects 17 photos, 32 members
- Closed for Business - abandoned shops/stores 14,454 photos, 851 members
- Closer and Closer Macro Photography 2015 928,744 photos, 84,354 members
- Out! 7,832 photos, 617 members
- DoF Pics 15,414 photos, 794 members
- upsidey-downsie 247 photos, 62 members
- BEAUTIFULPIX 24,526 photos, 897 members
- Flickr Flower Macros 11,068 photos, 660 members
- The Blink of an Eye 1,961 photos, 2,979 members
- Nightwalkers 1,491 photos, 129 members
"Mary-Anne is a beautiful girl-woman with a gifted imagination and a hell
of a lot of spunk. Willow and I walk with Echo and Mary-Anne sometimes
as we both share the same neighbourhood! Mary-Anne inspired me to
get involved with Flickr and has encouraged all of my artistic attempts.
We are lucky to have her in our community."
April 3rd, 2008
"I wrote an "external testimony" of sorts for McNeney here on my blog:
March 18th, 2008
""your photographs really leaves me speechless each time i view them! with each photo a story is told and left to the mind of the viewer to imagine... not all photographers can achieve this element of mystery in their work! but i congratulate you because you are gifted with this talent!
i love all your works! your just so Wonderful ! ^_^ "
February 2nd, 2008
Decrepit Telephone says:
"This lady is a hoot. If you think McNeney's photostream is fun, you should meet the real McNeney article. She is one of the most fun people I've had the pleasure of meeting, and she's absolutely genuine. One hundred percent. And she's purdy too.
Oh yeah. And she does NOT work for a bank...
She's nuts. Wonderfully so. And that's why we love her."
October 3rd, 2007
"I was going to write something about diversity, creativity and courageousness, but then found out Mary-Anne is a FoC, which raises her inestimably higher in my general hierarchy of beings. The photos are great, though. Really great. A highly engaging and rewarding stream. I would call it a real page-turner..."
September 24th, 2007
"Mary Anne's work is one of the first i latched onto when i joined flick..
it's original,funny,creative and addictive...i'll admit it i crave it.That's just the photography side of her.She's funny ,bright,intelligent,good looking and an all around great person...oh yeah she's also a canuck...and i'm proud to say she's also a friend...long live McNeney.."
August 15th, 2007
"I have been following Mary-Anne's photography on Flickr nearly since I joined the community, and I have found her work to be consistently impressive. Not only is she capable of producing beautiful shots, but they possess a refreshing originality that I almost always find interesting. The eloquent writing that is a nice bonus, too."
May 17th, 2007
"MaryAnne's photos were one of the first that caught my eye, her stories captured me and reeled me in, & the cathead - well what can I say about her?? I love her! I love seeing how MaryAnne looks at the world makes me look around and look again,she honestly has made me appreciate little things. I love the self portraits,all the get-ups and fun and she is always willing to share how she did it.. She is an inspiration. Thanks MaryAnne!"
December 2nd, 2006
Kalense Kid says:
"Flickr is a wonderful place. But in all its labyrinths I've never found anything like the delight I have felt since discovering McNeney and her wit, wisdom and photographic skill. You just know, looking at her stream, that she's a person you'd love to have as a friend. Kind, eloquent, modest, intelligent, imaginative, creative and talented - and she takes good photos, too.
McNeney is perhaps my favourite photographer on flickr. So why don't I comment on her photos? Because it seems like chatter, twittering of the sparrows, white noise. McNeney, I'd like to walk up to you and shake your hand, say "thanks," and walk off to let you alone to continue to explore and create your wonderful, imaginative and beautiful world."
November 4th, 2006
Why Not Studios says:
"Mary-Anne may be relatively new to photography... but she has the eye... and her stories have the heart... it's a great combination that has me visiting her site every chance I get!"
August 28th, 2006
"Mary-Anne has become an essential part of my week, along with countless others who follow her lifes work. If you're seeking enlightenment, entertainment, or energy, you've come to the right place... she's a good friend to have :)"
July 22nd, 2006
Richelle Ludwick says:
"One word: OMG.
Wait is that a word?"
July 18th, 2006
"I am, by all accounts, a Flickr addict. An image junkie. I spend gobs of my time bouncing around from image to image and take delight in the fact that I follow no discernable pattern or logic. Some might even call me a photo-tramp!
I click on one Flickerite’s link because I liked the comment that they left me, and then I might check out her/his contacts. That might trigger a sudden yearning for knowledge about Monks in Tibet and so on…until…BAMM! I hit McNeney’s latest upload. The onslaught of visual imagery comes to a halt. I am forced to slow down and proceed at her pace, in her way, according to her direction as her words slowly suck me into her world and lead me to wherever she wants me to be.
I can never look at one of her photos and predict what the words are going to depict. It is always a pleasure to get a glimpse into the wonderful world that is McNeney"
May 24th, 2006
"mary-anne images have most lovely feel to them... and her use of colour simply devine... a great joy to behold ."
May 22nd, 2006
"Ok. I've hit the delete button on this first line of the testimonial for Mc about 7 times. I'm just going to give up on trying to write something amazingly perceptive about this woman, coz, well, she's just so much better at it!
to know a flickr contact right from the beginning and to see their photography evolove in such an enviable pace...to see her stand out so gracefully from others...is just a blast."
May 18th, 2006
Alan Jordan says:
"I was surfing through the favorites of someone's favorites when I stumbled upon the picture of a cat picking up her briefcase to go to work. As if that graphic weren't enough, there was a story to it, and stories throughout her pics.
Now I come to McNeney's stream every morning the way I used to pick up the paper."
May 15th, 2006
"Forever modest and self critical (my photos are.....etc): but beauty and greater appreciation are always in the eye of the beholder:
This stream is definately worth taking time over: go through the photosets: they have beauty and eccentricity, a unique humour and the stories are always worth a read:"
May 4th, 2006
"One of the more unique ways to spend time on flickr is to check out what she's up to. Not only for the photos, but responding to her thoughts and skilled words always brings out some thought of mine that laid buried underneath hundreds of workdays. I'm really glad I found her stream, it's really rewarding."
April 27th, 2006
Ian David Blüm says:
"If I remember correctly Mary-Anne was one of my very first Flickr contacts. I stumbled upon her fantastic body of work while reading the comment that she had left on someones photo I had found through interestingness. I have had the priviledge of watching her grow as a photographer, sometimes in tiny steps, sometimes in leaps and bounds. It seems that we resonate on the same basic level,and our tastes are very similar. Everytime I find an new style of photography to try she beats me to it by a week or two. Everytime I find a new favourite photographer, she's already left dozens of comments on their best work. As for her own work, all I can say is this. Once she puts her mind to something, a new technique or a new style, it does not take her long to master it. Whether through shear persistence or just an innate ability Mary-Anne consistently produces some of my favourite images on Flickr, bar none."
March 27th, 2006
"Mary-Anne’s work is great for me. I love the other-worldliness and the subject matter that is often vague and magical. Her whole style is very distinct and yet wide ranging from a very 50s sci-fi feel in the subtley threatening imagery of the Autophilia set to the haunting, spacious beauty of the 'In the Dark' series. An often unsettling yet inspirational and very beautiful stream, one that I will be sure to visit frequently. I'm looking foward to seeing more from her unique viewpoint."
March 19th, 2006
- June 2005
- Victoria, BC, Canada
- I am:
- Female and Taken