About me? I have a crazy obsession for photography. To be honest, it’s all I think about and, when I am not with my family, I am out with my camera. I have always loved art and design and took up photography in 2006, although it was a good few years later that I really caught the bug. It used to be a solitary pursuit, but in later years I have built a great network of friends who also share my love, many of whom join me on my adventures.
Whilst I typically shoot architecture and landscapes, I just love photography in all its forms. For me, it's all about the enjoyment and not what equipment I am using. I am developing my own style, but I will always be my own biggest critic, so think I still have a way to go.
I love hearing from anyone who, like me, shares this passion. If you ever want any pointers, I am happy to help, although please do not be disappointed if I choose not to share my processing techniques as they are individual to my work.
Comments – since joining I have built up a large amount of contacts, so much so that it has become difficult to manage everything that passes through my contact pages. I have recently adopted a new way of working, and so will leave a considered comment for those that I receive.
Lastly, I ask that you refrain from leaving comments that contain external links or images as they will be removed. If you could use your own photostream to promote your work I would appreciate it.
That's it! I hope that you enjoy your visit.
All my images are ALL RIGHTS RESERVED and are COPYRIGHT © solely to me.
Please contact me if you would like to use any of my images. Thank you
Photos of martinturner (2)
- London: The Square Mile 26,593 photos, 2,853 members
- Oh Comely Magazine Submissions 43,115 photos, 2,841 members
- London Adventures 617 photos, 35 members
- Winners - Open House London 2014 Photography Comp 39 photos, 8 members
- Amateur Photographer Magazine 50,668 photos, 2,456 members
- B&W Adventures 2,097 photos, 81 members
- General Enthusiasts - Open House London 2014 Photography Comp 466 photos, 234 members
- Professionals - Open House London 2014 Photography Comp 67 photos, 38 members
- London Streets 62,424 photos, 7,454 members
- Photography Week 62,624 photos, 1,751 members
- TheDiscerningPhotographer 6,088 photos, 247 members
- TOURISM magazine 90,821 photos, 2,828 members
- Yahoo Picture Of The Day 5,904 photos, 2,850 members
- LONDON CALLING - no big ben please. 93,557 photos, 2,486 members
- Stark-Magazine 7,127 photos, 245 members
- Get Olympus 162,273 photos, 3,596 members
- Severn Estuary 2,259 photos, 103 members
- Your Best Shot 2013 11,260 photos, 14,279 members
- Monochrome Mad 6,317 photos, 643 members
- The Library of Birmingham 766 photos, 69 members
- Birmingham Photography Group 4,189 photos, 296 members
- Birmingham 74,321 photos, 3,011 members
- BRI Photography Project 466 photos, 18 members
- National Geographic Traveller (UK) 39,469 photos, 2,384 members
- Open House Photo comp 2013 576 photos, 328 members
- Samyang 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT 5,764 photos, 601 members
- Absolute Quality Gallery ~ Invite only 682 photos, 1,137 members
- The Official Digital Camera Magazine Flickr Group 89,198 photos, 1,925 members
- Digital Camera World 234,768 photos, 5,485 members
- BBC Britain in Pictures 28,925 photos, 603 members
- London Architecture Blog 3,083 photos, 75 members
- N-Photo Mag 208,975 photos, 3,728 members
- Micro Four Thirds (Micro 4/3) 520,744 photos, 12,397 members
- Olympus OM-D Original (3xO) 71,274 photos, 1,103 members
- Flickr Olympus OM-D E-M1 + E-M5 + E-M10 126,918 photos, 3,908 members
- Olympus OM-D E-M1, E-M10 and E-M5 user 294,119 photos, 10,012 members
- London - the best of 81 photos, 55 members
- Amazing Architectural Photography 1,151 photos, 202 members
- Time Out London 60,799 photos, 1,294 members
- The Beauty of London 33,010 photos, 1,180 members
- Building magazine on Flickr 5,908 photos, 262 members
- Samyang 85mm 1,4 11,396 photos, 1,745 members
- Bristol Harbourside 357 photos, 29 members
- Yahoo Your Pictures 93,392 photos, 3,523 members
- Little London Observationist 13,381 photos, 225 members
- In a Magic World 8,640 photos, 1,294 members
- Bristol Photographers 9,063 photos, 411 members
- Alien Skin Software 21,422 photos, 2,180 members
- Digital SLR Photography Magazine 181,837 photos, 8,469 members
- Enquire Mag 141,035 photos, 7,464 members
Katrin Ray says:
"Martin is an incredibly talented photographer with a well measured feel of composition and an amazing ability to see the beauty around him, especially in architecture! It always impresses me how creatively he can perceive a building inside or outside and capture something very unusual and futuristic about it. I often think that an architect who designed the building would be thrilled to see what Martin did out of it.
I'm glad our ways have crossed with Martin in Flickr Universe - he is a wonderful Flickr friend and I'm always looking forward to see his new works.
All the best to you, Martin!"
September 25th, 2014
nina's clicks says:
"Martin is a fantastic photographer. His work is stunning.
His sunset photographs are breathtaking and his architecture shots are awesome. His eye for composition is great, unique.
He is also a great contact, always giving his support and writing meaningful comments.
Keep shooting, best of luck Martin!"
March 20th, 2013
"Martin's work is truly inspiring... the way he captures unique shapes and patterns in superbly interesting architecture is a real treat for the eye and is what drew me to his work when I first came across his stream a little over a year ago. There is so much to see in these images and I find myself sitting and staring at them for a long, long time. The colors, tones and light he captures are beautiful too.
I also really love his water images... the work he does with exposure is amazing and something I would love to try some day.
I'm so glad we crossed paths here on Flickr and I wish you the best of luck with your photography Martin. Thank you for your friendship and support and I look forward to more of your amazing work! :-)"
October 6th, 2012
Eyecandi - Rob Hawke says:
"Ever since joining Flickr about 18 months ago I have been fasinated by Martins consistent excellent work. There is never a week that goes by without me checking out what you have posted.
Your eye for a shot and your trademark processing have been a constant inspiration to me. I would like to say that I have learnt a lot by following your work, even if I do not get enough opportunities to put it into practice.
I can see great things happening with the new camera, and to be honest I was constantly amazed at the shots you produced with the D90. Just goes to show that it is always the person behind the lens that makes the difference, not the hardware.
Keep up the inspirational great work, I hope we get a chance to meet one day.
October 1st, 2012
"If it was possible to fav a flickr contact, Martin would be the first. He is sharing fantastic atmospheric photos with straight composition and an outstanding quality.
His comments are always very kind, although his own skills would allow him to criticize other works very strict.
Martin, keep shooting more fantastic works!!!"
September 13th, 2012
"Martin's photos are from a completely different realm ... haunting and surreal and above all, inspiring.
I wish I was as able to capture geometrical lines the way Martin does.
And btw great website.
July 17th, 2012
Mathijs Delva says:
"What can i say about Martin.. He is a fantastic photographer in every aspect. His eye for composition is what strikes me most. Every time he uploads a new photograph, i come to the same conclusion: perfect composition. That, and the fact he mostly shoots nature and architecture, which are my favourite subjects, makes him one of my most inspiring photographers i've been following to date.
He is also extremely helpful when it comes to giving critique, be it positive or negative; and to be honest, that's what keeps this great community alive.
Keep it up!"
April 12th, 2012
"Flickr allows you to admire stunning pictures of very talented photographers all around the world and Martin is one of them but I think he stand a little step further ahead... Every picture he load is to me a mind blowing interesting experience. His architecture/structures perspctives are special! Hope to see much more!"
November 21st, 2011
"i don't know what else to say, apart from Martin has one of the most interesting and consistent photostreams going"
November 5th, 2011
"Martin is not afraid to try something new and keep pushing himself which I see in his ever increasing talent as a photographer."
October 12th, 2009
"Martin Turner... Always friendly, helpful and gives leaves contructive criticism when required, which is invaluable to a beginner like me.
As for his photo's...nothing short of superb. Especially his most recent ones taken at Lanhydrock. His shots are always well composed, well exposed and interesting to the viewer. And I certainly think Martin has developed his own style.
Finally, Martin, I'd like to thankyou for all the comments you have left on my photo's and all the encouragement you have given me. Long may it continue!"
September 23rd, 2008
- Martin Turner
- May 2006
- Bristol, United Kingdom
- Longer Exposure