If you are looking for the relatively well known, British jazz guitarist, of the same name, I'm sorry, but you're in the wrong place.
This Martin Taylor was born in Blackburn, Lancashire at the tail end of the sixties. He went to school at Ripley St. Thomas, Lancaster. He got his degree in English literature at Ripon, N.Yorks. in '91. Since '94 this Martin Taylor has been a professional geek for the world's second largest software developer. He unintentionally emigrated to California in '95 where he works at the Northern tip of Silicon Valley, and lives in an especially foggy part of San Francisco. He married Patti on New Year's Eve 1999 (his tax accountant thought this romantic, but fiscally foolish) and they bought their first home in 2000.
This Martin Taylor played bass in various bar/pub bands in the UK with inane names like "The Pontardawe Folk Club", "Jungle Ted and the Lacy Button Poppers" and "Worlds Apart". If you were unfortunate enough to have seen any of these bands live, Martin would like to take this opportunity to apologize.
This Martin Taylor hardly ever refers refers to himself in the third person but figured it would be OK just this once.
I have kept a regular photoblog since 2003. I am using flickr as a place to play and not worry so much about photography so much as posting pictures and having fun. What does that mean? I wouldn't post nearly so many pictures of dogs on my photoblog as I do here.
“To me, photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place... I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them.”
- Elliott Erwitt
Twitter, TheOtherMartin: twitter.com/TheOtherMartin
- 500 Days Towards Trumplessness 10,864 photos, 674 members
- 365 Moments 2016 1,547 photos, 18 members
- Panasonic LUMIX DMC-G7 12,704 photos, 646 members
- geometric 1,188 photos, 336 members
- GREAT PANOS 73,551 photos, 3,743 members
- the art of car photography 183 photos, 31 members
- Gigapan 336 photos, 131 members
- Canon EOS M Series - Mirrorless 87,851 photos, 4,613 members
- iPad Creative. Art and Design. 49,455 photos, 1,260 members
- The Black Keys 974 photos, 162 members
- the Hives 795 photos, 144 members
- Alien Skin Software 32,044 photos, 2,362 members
- Sci-Fi Starship Modeling zone 2,563 photos, 351 members
- Parkology 6,364 photos, 256 members
- ALIENS AND PREDATOR LOVERS 6,633 photos, 531 members
- Recyclart 3,282 photos, 349 members
- Star Wars 73,277 photos, 6,647 members
- Western Lowland Gorilla 6,199 photos, 419 members
- Adobe Photowalk 539 photos, 111 members
- San Francisco Fire Department 1,071 photos, 96 members
- Only in California 1,203 photos, 282 members
- 365 Moments 2012 4,289 photos, 43 members
- Unicycle! 1,934 photos, 326 members
- Get Olympus 350,914 photos, 4,737 members
- The Outside World 75 photos, 14 members
- My workspace 47 photos, 73 members
- Ibarionex Perello's Chasing the Light 5,019 photos, 335 members
- Audio Recording Studio 7,557 photos, 1,345 members
- Homemade Music 5,679 photos, 911 members
- Faded & Blurred - fadedandblurred.com 3,983 photos, 175 members
- *DIY Photography Equipment 16,533 photos, 7,631 members
- 3D Renderings 8,834 photos, 2,140 members
- Cinematography and life 84 photos, 98 members
- the pocket cinematographer 2,437 photos, 211 members
- Disposable Film Fest 170 photos, 22 members
- Videos taken with an Apple iPhone 1,408 photos, 388 members
- Camera-wiki.org 91,946 photos, 2,551 members
- 8mm App 61 photos, 24 members
- The Art of Imitation 331 photos, 66 members
- 365 Moments 2011 2,347 photos, 17 members
- RC Helicopter - RC Hubschrauber 2,683 photos, 305 members
- Pursuit of all things Nerfly. 599 photos, 174 members
- Martin Mere Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust 8,691 photos, 453 members
- DSLR Video Rigs 178 photos, 88 members
- DIY- Inexpensive Photography 2,110 photos, 572 members
- Sanyo Xacti 828 photos, 115 members
- Flickr Ideas 1 photo, 11,268 members
- Raygun Gothic Rocketship 1,643 photos, 132 members
- Canon 5D Mk II Videos 2,502 photos, 911 members
- Plastic Bullet 5,123 photos, 1,067 members
Ivan Makarov says:
"Martin was one of the first people I found when I came on Flickr almost a year ago and I followed his work with great interest. He's got an eye that I think any photographer hope to have and he finds exciting shapes, objects, combinations, colors, angles and messages anywhere he goes. I also admire Martin's overall creativity, considering he spends majority of his time during the week in the Silicon Valley - not the most exciting place for photo opportunities.
Flickr is a much better place for him being here."
October 8th, 2007
"It's pretty strange I'm the first person to write a testimonial for "the other" Martin Taylor.
He might not be a well known british jazz guitarist, but he certainly has a great eye, giving a glimpse of San Fran through Lancashire eyes. I love the way he shoots those crisp shadows, the way he composes pics and the breathtaking angles of some of his photos.
Check out his "Street parking" set for a brilliant concept and hidden car-gems, his "Boring grey bridge", "Street lights", "Jumping@shadows" ... well everything really.
Plus his "toys" set for a laugh and contemplation, those Stikfas can be so expressive!
Ah, almost forgot, check the utility set for some giant poster quality shots you just really want on your room wall!"
January 14th, 2007
- Martin Taylor
- June 2005
- Lancashire, UK
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Multimedia Producer
- the other Martin Taylor