I have recently published a free e-book. You are welcome to download it, and pass it on. The title is Does the Bible Really Say That?. The book is a Bible study, on such matters as whether the early church prayed much for unbelievers, whether marriages need to be conducted in church, prophecy, whether women can ever be the spiritual leader in a home, homosexuality and eternal security. There are a lot of quotations from the Bible (a modern-language public domain version) in the book. On some issues, I come to a conclusion. On others, I don't. The book is about 100 pages long, with plenty of white space, and in 13 point type.
From this web page, you can download the e-book in Kindle, epub, PDF, Word and html (web page) format, at no charge.
If you prefer, you can purchase the book from Amazon, for $0.99 US.
Some of the material in the book has been published, in graphic form, on Flickr, in my set, Posters and charts, mostly Bible-related.
Senior citizen, interested in science, Christian. My wife took a few of these photos, including some of the best ones. She also told me to take some of the others. I'm responsible for posting, etc.
My blog (mostly not photos) is here. This post, in that blog, sets forth some of my thoughts on photography.
I have set my My Contacts page so that I only see one photo from each Contact at a time. I just can't keep up with those of you who post several at a time. Sorry.
If I'm not conscientiously able to comment on other people's photos, because of travel, sickness, other important parts of my life, I don't post any photos.
I believe that the relationships I have with Flickr Contacts are special. Among other things, I should usually view all their photos, and comment, or otherwise act, on them. (I usually won't comment on photos of pets or family members, or other things I know nothing about, or on pictures in your photos that don't seem to be original. I also won't make an effort to comment on more than one picture from the same person in one day.) If I find I can't conscientiously do this, because of the volume of photos posted, or their content, I usually terminate my end of the Contact relationship. I should help my Contacts in any way I can. I don't always reciprocate when someone takes me as a Contact, usually because I feel that I just can't add any more. I generally don't add anyone as a new Contact if they add me, but don't comment or Favorite my pictures, if they already have a large number of Contacts, or if their photostream consists mostly of pets, family members, or things I'm not comfortable or familiar with. I may remove Contacts if they are posting, but not acting on my pictures.
See my Flickr resolutions, originally posted January 1, 2006, and revised and re-posted November 2, 2007.
I try to do more than required -- if a group asks that I comment on one photo when adding one, I usually comment on 2 or 3, and the like. I know everyone hasn't the time for such behavior, but I'm retired. In other words, I try to apply the Golden Rule. I appreciate other Flickr members who do the same, and there are a lot of them, whether they'd put it that way or not.
I try to thank Flickr users for unsolicited comments or unsolicited Favoriting by reciprocating, not by adding a reply to that comment. If you don't have any photos available to me, I don't usually respond.
Psalm 111:2 Great are the works of the Lord,
studied by all who delight in them.
3 Full of splendor and majesty is his work,
and his righteousness endures forever. (ESV)
- Sony Photographing. 166,114 photos, 3,517 members
- "Flickr's Awesome Blossoms" P1/A3 Sweeper Active 302,787 photos, 14,109 members
- SURREALART 2,772 photos, 219 members
- LEGO 402,584 photos, 17,020 members
- Frame It! ~Level 01~ (P1/A5)COVER CONTEST WINNER ANNOUNCED 158,612 photos, 5,835 members
- Excellent Shots Group - P1 & A3 36,219 photos, 2,081 members
- The StockYard - For Creative Commons Images/Textures Only 8,270 photos, 785 members
- Petals & Flowers P1/A3 9,513 photos, 723 members
- Rubys Treasure Challenge #70 Open + #69 Winners 5,950 photos, 787 members
- Macro World (:: Post 1, comment on any 3! ::) 89,748 photos, 11,521 members
- Fantasy Images 11,078 photos, 807 members
- Magnificent Manipulated Masterpieces - Admin Invitation Only 9,220 photos, 718 members
- Alternate Realities: Surreal & Mystical Images 21,455 photos, 2,647 members
- Fairytale 24,690 photos, 1,954 members
- Christians in this World 25,697 photos, 1,338 members
- Talent4Christ (post 1~comment1) 7,224 photos, 277 members
- Christianity 28,340 photos, 1,610 members
- Molecules 38 photos, 23 members
- The TOLKIEN Group 443 photos, 150 members
- Surreal Creations 12,203 photos, 571 members
- Green Eden 53,995 photos, 4,093 members
- ★ Macro - Up Close and Personal ★ 331,297 photos, 14,568 members
- Fine Gold 1,471,149 photos, 38,848 members
- GOTAS :: DROPS 19,958 photos, 2,645 members
- UNFORGETTABLE FLOWERS (L1) [P1 - A3] (New - ID Thread) 168,970 photos, 7,822 members
- Cladonias of the World 1,127 photos, 165 members
- Flowers ~ 花卉 ~ Blumen (Post 1 / Award 2) 26,925 photos, 1,606 members
- Creative Commons - Showroom - Invite only 7,526 photos, 631 members
- ALL ABOUT INSECTS & SPIDERS 145,392 photos, 8,489 members
- You Think this is Art 1,811,237 photos, 70,319 members
- Info Graphics 10,576 photos, 4,262 members
- !Your Best Animal Photo ~~Award 2 74,575 photos, 4,725 members
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V 12,669 photos, 604 members
- Macro Flower Lovers - (P1C2) 114,018 photos, 10,684 members
- All about Reflections 46,376 photos, 3,587 members
- THE BEST FLOWER SHOT (POST 1 AWARD 4) Sweeper Active! 1,624 photos, 221 members
- Spectacular Insects 100,667 photos, 7,477 members
- What flower is this? 8,520 photos, 1,081 members
- Natural Jewellery 24,545 photos, 3,983 members
- Mushrooms & other fungi (Your Fab Fungi Fotos, FFF) 57,075 photos, 3,323 members
- ~♥~Cherish Your Dreams and Visions~♥~ P1 / C3 141,853 photos, 5,365 members
- Flickr Ideas 1 photo, 11,534 members
- Physics 5,185 photos, 2,167 members
- Posters U Make 24,268 photos, 2,978 members
- Perfect Petals - P1/A3- No Bugs or Man Made Objects ✿ 221,796 photos, 10,687 members
- Wonderful world of flowers (P1/A2) 110,348 photos, 7,206 members
- flickr one million club (GROUP NOW CLOSED) 109 photos, 78 members
- Southern Wesleyan University 3 photos, 4 members
- Flower Buds 4,256 photos, 460 members
- image manipulations - please comment other pix 186,518 photos, 12,016 members
Tess McCoy says:
"Martin is one of the sweetest people here on flickr. He really takes time to make each and every one of his contacts feel appreciated, something which most of us fail to do. Not to mention that his faith and kindness are truly inspirational and shine through in his photographs. It is clear that he tries hard to capture the beauty that God has created all around us. :)"
March 8th, 2012
Lord Cuauhtli says:
"Hi Martin!!! well i wanted to thank your wonderfull friendship!!! every picture you post here is a delightful piece of art!! keep taking beautiful pictures my dear friend!!! and for the flickr fellowship, this is a photostream highly recommended!!!!!"
November 14th, 2007
- Martin LaBar
- December 2004
- Upstate South Carolina
- United States
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- retired science professor
- Sun and Shield (blog)