I have recently published a free e-book. You are welcome to download it, and pass it on. The title is Does the Bible Really Say That?. The book is a Bible study, on such matters as whether the early church prayed much for unbelievers, whether marriages need to be conducted in church, prophecy, whether women can ever be the spiritual leader in a home, homosexuality and eternal security. There are a lot of quotations from the Bible (a modern-language public domain version) in the book. On some issues, I come to a conclusion. On others, I don't. The book is about 100 pages long, with plenty of white space, and in 13 point type.
From this web page, you can download the e-book in Kindle, epub, PDF, Word and html (web page) format, at no charge.
If you prefer, you can purchase the book from Amazon, for $0.99 US.
Some of the material in the book has been published, in graphic form, on Flickr, in my set, Posters and charts, mostly Bible-related.
Senior citizen, interested in science, Christian. My wife took a few of these photos, including some of the best ones. She also told me to take some of the others. I'm responsible for posting, etc.
My blog (mostly not photos) is here. This post, in that blog, sets forth some of my thoughts on photography.
I have set my My Contacts page so that I only see one photo from each Contact at a time. I just can't keep up with those of you who post several at a time. Sorry.
If I'm not conscientiously able to comment on other people's photos, because of travel, sickness, other important parts of my life, I don't post any photos.
I believe that the relationships I have with Flickr Contacts are special. Among other things, I should usually view all their photos, and comment, or otherwise act, on them. (I usually won't comment on photos of pets or family members, or other things I know nothing about, or on pictures in your photos that don't seem to be original. I also won't make an effort to comment on more than one picture from the same person in one day.) If I find I can't conscientiously do this, because of the volume of photos posted, or their content, I usually terminate my end of the Contact relationship. I should help my Contacts in any way I can. I don't always reciprocate when someone takes me as a Contact, usually because I feel that I just can't add any more. I generally don't add anyone as a new Contact if they add me, but don't comment or Favorite my pictures, if they already have a large number of Contacts, or if their photostream consists mostly of pets, family members, or things I'm not comfortable or familiar with. I may remove Contacts if they are posting, but not acting on my pictures.
See my Flickr resolutions, originally posted January 1, 2006, and revised and re-posted November 2, 2007.
I try to do more than required -- if a group asks that I comment on one photo when adding one, I usually comment on 2 or 3, and the like. I know everyone hasn't the time for such behavior, but I'm retired. In other words, I try to apply the Golden Rule. I appreciate other Flickr members who do the same, and there are a lot of them, whether they'd put it that way or not.
I try to thank Flickr users for unsolicited comments or unsolicited Favoriting by reciprocating, not by adding a reply to that comment. If you don't have any photos available to me, I don't usually respond.
Psalm 111:2 Great are the works of the Lord,
studied by all who delight in them.
3 Full of splendor and majesty is his work,
and his righteousness endures forever. (ESV)
- 4,000 Views Unlimited 4000 24,567 photos, 1,208 members
- Sony Photographing. 158,668 photos, 3,433 members
- "Flickr's Awesome Blossoms" P1/A3 Sweeper Active 301,800 photos, 14,110 members
- SURREALART 2,513 photos, 215 members
- LEGO 397,709 photos, 16,910 members
- Frame It! ~Level 01~ (P1/A5) 153,877 photos, 5,793 members
- Excellent Shots Group - P1 & A3 35,528 photos, 2,063 members
- The StockYard - For Creative Commons Images/Textures Only 8,267 photos, 783 members
- Petals & Flowers P1/A3 8,484 photos, 677 members
- Rubys Treasure Challenge # 68 Open Now 5,946 photos, 787 members
- Macro World (:: Post 1, comment on any 3! ::) 88,804 photos, 11,499 members
- Fantasy Images 10,648 photos, 785 members
- Magnificent Manipulated Masterpieces - Admin Invitation Only 8,960 photos, 702 members
- Alternate Realities: Surreal & Mystical Images 20,642 photos, 2,615 members
- Fairytale 24,213 photos, 1,950 members
- Christians in this World 25,271 photos, 1,331 members
- Talent4Christ (post 1~comment1) 7,268 photos, 274 members
- Christianity 27,924 photos, 1,606 members
- Molecules 38 photos, 23 members
- The TOLKIEN Group 447 photos, 145 members
- Surreal Creations 11,820 photos, 558 members
- Green Eden - GREEN must be DOMINANT color, please! 52,880 photos, 4,078 members
- ★ Macro - Up Close and Personal ★ 325,039 photos, 14,409 members
- Fine Gold 1,442,432 photos, 38,574 members
- GOTAS :: DROPS 19,845 photos, 2,629 members
- UNFORGETTABLE FLOWERS (L1) [P1 - A3] (New - ID Thread) 168,118 photos, 7,831 members
- Cladonias of the World 1,104 photos, 163 members
- Flowers ~ 花卉 ~ Blumen (Post 1 / Award 2) 26,885 photos, 1,608 members
- Creative Commons - Showroom - Invite only 7,516 photos, 632 members
- ALL ABOUT INSECTS & SPIDERS 143,712 photos, 8,459 members
- You Think this is Art 1,787,091 photos, 69,938 members
- Info Graphics 10,522 photos, 4,251 members
- !Your Best Animal Photo ~~Award 2 73,781 photos, 4,692 members
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V 12,571 photos, 604 members
- Macro Flower Lovers - (P1C2) 113,625 photos, 10,678 members
- All about Reflections 45,371 photos, 3,528 members
- THE BEST FLOWER SHOT (POST 1 AWARD 4) Sweeper Active! 1,623 photos, 222 members
- Spectacular Insects 98,901 photos, 7,455 members
- What flower is this? 8,502 photos, 1,080 members
- Natural Jewellery 24,427 photos, 3,971 members
- Mushrooms & other fungi (Your Fab Fungi Fotos, FFF) 54,742 photos, 3,187 members
- ~♥~Cherish Your Dreams and Visions~♥~ P1 / C3 137,836 photos, 5,317 members
- Flickr Ideas 1 photo, 11,548 members
- Physics 5,187 photos, 2,158 members
- Posters U Make 24,121 photos, 2,968 members
- Perfect Petals - P1/A3- No Bugs or Man Made Objects ✿ 221,031 photos, 10,675 members
- Wonderful world of flowers (P1/A2) 109,643 photos, 7,205 members
- flickr one million club (GROUP NOW CLOSED) 109 photos, 78 members
- Southern Wesleyan University 3 photos, 4 members
- Flower Buds 4,259 photos, 460 members
Tess McCoy says:
"Martin is one of the sweetest people here on flickr. He really takes time to make each and every one of his contacts feel appreciated, something which most of us fail to do. Not to mention that his faith and kindness are truly inspirational and shine through in his photographs. It is clear that he tries hard to capture the beauty that God has created all around us. :)"
March 8th, 2012
Lord Cuauhtli says:
"Hi Martin!!! well i wanted to thank your wonderfull friendship!!! every picture you post here is a delightful piece of art!! keep taking beautiful pictures my dear friend!!! and for the flickr fellowship, this is a photostream highly recommended!!!!!"
November 14th, 2007
- Martin LaBar
- December 2004
- Upstate South Carolina
- United States
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- retired science professor
- Sun and Shield (blog)