I have recently published a free e-book. You are welcome to download it, and pass it on. The title is Does the Bible Really Say That?. The book is a Bible study, on such matters as whether the early church prayed much for unbelievers, whether marriages need to be conducted in church, prophecy, whether women can ever be the spiritual leader in a home, homosexuality and eternal security. There are a lot of quotations from the Bible (a modern-language public domain version) in the book. On some issues, I come to a conclusion. On others, I don't. The book is about 100 pages long, with plenty of white space, and in 13 point type.
From this web page, you can download the e-book in Kindle, epub, PDF, Word and html (web page) format, at no charge.
If you prefer, you can purchase the book from Amazon, for $0.99 US.
Some of the material in the book has been published, in graphic form, on Flickr, in my set, Posters and charts, mostly Bible-related.
Senior citizen, interested in science, Christian. My wife took a few of these photos, including some of the best ones. She also told me to take some of the others. I'm responsible for posting, etc.
My blog (mostly not photos) is here. This post, in that blog, sets forth some of my thoughts on photography.
I have set my My Contacts page so that I only see one photo from each Contact at a time. I just can't keep up with those of you who post several at a time. Sorry.
If I'm not conscientiously able to comment on other people's photos, because of travel, sickness, other important parts of my life, I don't post any photos.
I believe that the relationships I have with Flickr Contacts are special. Among other things, I should usually view all their photos, and comment, or otherwise act, on them. (I usually won't comment on photos of pets or family members, or other things I know nothing about, or on pictures in your photos that don't seem to be original. I also won't make an effort to comment on more than one picture from the same person in one day.) If I find I can't conscientiously do this, because of the volume of photos posted, or their content, I usually terminate my end of the Contact relationship. I should help my Contacts in any way I can. I don't always reciprocate when someone takes me as a Contact, usually because I feel that I just can't add any more. I generally don't add anyone as a new Contact if they add me, but don't comment or Favorite my pictures, if they already have a large number of Contacts, or if their photostream consists mostly of pets, family members, or things I'm not comfortable or familiar with. I may remove Contacts if they are posting, but not acting on my pictures.
See my Flickr resolutions, originally posted January 1, 2006, and revised and re-posted November 2, 2007.
I try to do more than required -- if a group asks that I comment on one photo when adding one, I usually comment on 2 or 3, and the like. I know everyone hasn't the time for such behavior, but I'm retired. In other words, I try to apply the Golden Rule. I appreciate other Flickr members who do the same, and there are a lot of them, whether they'd put it that way or not.
I try to thank Flickr users for unsolicited comments or unsolicited Favoriting by reciprocating, not by adding a reply to that comment. If you don't have any photos available to me, I don't usually respond.
Psalm 111:2 Great are the works of the Lord,
studied by all who delight in them.
3 Full of splendor and majesty is his work,
and his righteousness endures forever. (ESV)
- flickr (unofficial) 2,923,179 photos, 92,053 members
- fantasy 79,320 photos, 6,190 members
- Manipulative 856 photos, 124 members
- Alternate Realities: Surreal & Mystical Images 16,939 photos, 1,984 members
- Fairytale 18,848 photos, 1,796 members
- The surreal life 39,003 photos, 1,606 members
- Christians in this World 19,904 photos, 1,204 members
- Talent4Christ (post 1~comment1) 6,309 photos, 277 members
- Christianity 23,537 photos, 1,465 members
- Photoshop Professionals 75,139 photos, 5,586 members
- Molecules 37 photos, 23 members
- The TOLKIEN Group 335 photos, 105 members
- Surreal Creations 5,888 photos, 341 members
- Green Eden 33,276 photos, 2,979 members
- The Light Fantastic 1,066,486 photos, 46,506 members
- Adobe PhotoShop Creations 221,999 photos, 16,736 members
- Sensitive plant - Mimosa Pudica and Desmodium Gyrans - Official 35 photos, 23 members
- ★ Macro - Up Close and Personal ★ 218,463 photos, 11,257 members
- Fine Gold 1,012,303 photos, 33,097 members
- GOTAS :: DROPS 14,969 photos, 2,214 members
- UNFORGETTABLE FLOWERS ~P1/C3~ 147,666 photos, 7,726 members
- Best Images Ever (ADMIN Approval Only | Award 2 or More) 83,491 photos, 3,895 members
- Cladonias of the World 837 photos, 142 members
- Flowers ~ 花卉 ~ Blumen (Post 1 / Award 2) 26,210 photos, 1,609 members
- Crystal Award-- Invited Photos Only 87,338 photos, 14,438 members
- Creative Commons - Showroom - Invite only 7,921 photos, 600 members
- Flora around the World (P 1- A 3) 22,506 photos, 1,465 members
- ALL ABOUT INSECTS & SPIDERS 114,361 photos, 7,765 members
- You Think this is Art - Contest is open: VINTAGE 1,459,456 photos, 64,140 members
- Info Graphics 9,309 photos, 3,976 members
- !Your Best Animal Photo ~~Award 2 65,491 photos, 3,956 members
- Platinum Photo SuperStars INVITATION ONLY *LEVEL 2 2,592 photos, 1,415 members
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V 11,130 photos, 581 members
- Macro Flower Lovers - (P1C2) 104,002 photos, 10,431 members
- All about Reflections 33,956 photos, 2,785 members
- NATURE is LOVELY 124,893 photos, 7,790 members
- Finest Nature - Admin Invite - Post 1 Award 2 16,492 photos, 1,620 members
- THE BEST FLOWER SHOT (POST 1 AWARD 4) Sweeper Active! 1,622 photos, 229 members
- Nature's Finest! 6,597 photos, 308 members
- Spectacular Insects 70,541 photos, 6,591 members
- Flower Center Macro ... Up Close and Personal 39,435 photos, 5,113 members
- Bugs on pixels / Makros und Nahaufnahmen / Macros and Close Ups 27,928 photos, 2,001 members
- What flower is this? 7,982 photos, 1,064 members
- Natural Jewellery 20,810 photos, 3,536 members
- Mushrooms & other fungi (Your Fab Fungi Fotos, FFF) 42,219 photos, 2,529 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 282,587 photos, 42,122 members
- ~♥~Cherish Your Dreams and Visions~♥~ P1 / C3 82,434 photos, 4,271 members
- Flickr Ideas 1 photo, 11,726 members
- NATURAL BEAUTY 2011/2012 / P1 C1 33,262 photos, 1,338 members
- Physics 5,213 photos, 2,102 members
Tess McCoy says:
"Martin is one of the sweetest people here on flickr. He really takes time to make each and every one of his contacts feel appreciated, something which most of us fail to do. Not to mention that his faith and kindness are truly inspirational and shine through in his photographs. It is clear that he tries hard to capture the beauty that God has created all around us. :)"
March 8th, 2012
Lord Cuauhtli says:
"Hi Martin!!! well i wanted to thank your wonderfull friendship!!! every picture you post here is a delightful piece of art!! keep taking beautiful pictures my dear friend!!! and for the flickr fellowship, this is a photostream highly recommended!!!!!"
November 14th, 2007
- Martin LaBar
- December 2004
- Upstate South Carolina
- United States
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- retired science professor
- Sun and Shield (blog)