I have recently published a free e-book. You are welcome to download it, and pass it on. The title is Does the Bible Really Say That?. The book is a Bible study, on such matters as whether the early church prayed much for unbelievers, whether marriages need to be conducted in church, prophecy, whether women can ever be the spiritual leader in a home, homosexuality and eternal security. There are a lot of quotations from the Bible (a modern-language public domain version) in the book. On some issues, I come to a conclusion. On others, I don't. The book is about 100 pages long, with plenty of white space, and in 13 point type.
From this web page, you can download the e-book in Kindle, epub, PDF, Word and html (web page) format, at no charge.
If you prefer, you can purchase the book from Amazon, for $0.99 US.
Some of the material in the book has been published, in graphic form, on Flickr, in my set, Posters and charts, mostly Bible-related.
Senior citizen, interested in science, Christian. My wife took a few of these photos, including some of the best ones. She also told me to take some of the others. I'm responsible for posting, etc.
My blog (mostly not photos) is here. This post, in that blog, sets forth some of my thoughts on photography.
I have set my My Contacts page so that I only see one photo from each Contact at a time. I just can't keep up with those of you who post several at a time. Sorry.
If I'm not conscientiously able to comment on other people's photos, because of travel, sickness, other important parts of my life, I don't post any photos.
I believe that the relationships I have with Flickr Contacts are special. Among other things, I should usually view all their photos, and comment, or otherwise act, on them. (I usually won't comment on photos of pets or family members, or other things I know nothing about, or on pictures in your photos that don't seem to be original. I also won't make an effort to comment on more than one picture from the same person in one day.) If I find I can't conscientiously do this, because of the volume of photos posted, or their content, I usually terminate my end of the Contact relationship. I should help my Contacts in any way I can. I don't always reciprocate when someone takes me as a Contact, usually because I feel that I just can't add any more. I generally don't add anyone as a new Contact if they add me, but don't comment or Favorite my pictures, if they already have a large number of Contacts, or if their photostream consists mostly of pets, family members, or things I'm not comfortable or familiar with. I may remove Contacts if they are posting, but not acting on my pictures.
See my Flickr resolutions, originally posted January 1, 2006, and revised and re-posted November 2, 2007.
I try to do more than required -- if a group asks that I comment on one photo when adding one, I usually comment on 2 or 3, and the like. I know everyone hasn't the time for such behavior, but I'm retired. In other words, I try to apply the Golden Rule. I appreciate other Flickr members who do the same, and there are a lot of them, whether they'd put it that way or not.
I try to thank Flickr users for unsolicited comments or unsolicited Favoriting by reciprocating, not by adding a reply to that comment. If you don't have any photos available to me, I don't usually respond.
Psalm 111:2 Great are the works of the Lord,
studied by all who delight in them.
3 Full of splendor and majesty is his work,
and his righteousness endures forever. (ESV)
- Sony Photographing. 145,020 photos, 3,254 members
- "Flickr's Awesome Blossoms" P1/A3 Sweeper Active 298,662 photos, 14,093 members
- SURREALART 2,146 photos, 196 members
- LEGO 386,737 photos, 16,685 members
- Frame It! ~Level 01~ (P1/A5)FRAME IT! COVER CONTEST VOTING NOW 144,930 photos, 5,601 members
- Excellent Shots Group - P1 & A3 34,453 photos, 2,034 members
- The StockYard - For Creative Commons Images/Textures Only 8,235 photos, 772 members
- Petals & Flowers P1/A3 5,583 photos, 554 members
- Rubys Treasure Challenge # 66 Open 5,902 photos, 784 members
- Macro World (:: Post 1, comment on any 3! ::) 86,804 photos, 11,427 members
- Fantasy Images 10,042 photos, 758 members
- Magnificent Manipulated Masterpieces - Admin Invitation Only 8,741 photos, 662 members
- Alternate Realities: Surreal & Mystical Images 19,507 photos, 2,521 members
- Fairytale 23,508 photos, 1,927 members
- Christians in this World 24,780 photos, 1,317 members
- Talent4Christ (post 1~comment1) 7,173 photos, 275 members
- Christianity 27,213 photos, 1,593 members
- Molecules 38 photos, 23 members
- The TOLKIEN Group 429 photos, 145 members
- Surreal Creations 11,153 photos, 534 members
- Green Eden 49,741 photos, 3,976 members
- ★ Macro - Up Close and Personal ★ 307,318 photos, 13,996 members
- Fine Gold 1,387,409 photos, 38,148 members
- GOTAS :: DROPS 19,304 photos, 2,588 members
- UNFORGETTABLE FLOWERS (L1) [P1 - A3] (New - ID Thread) 166,234 photos, 7,852 members
- Cladonias of the World 993 photos, 151 members
- Flowers ~ 花卉 ~ Blumen (Post 1 / Award 2) 26,810 photos, 1,612 members
- Creative Commons - Showroom - Invite only 7,517 photos, 628 members
- ALL ABOUT INSECTS & SPIDERS 137,400 photos, 8,329 members
- You Think this is Art 1,739,986 photos, 69,337 members
- Info Graphics 10,389 photos, 4,223 members
- !Your Best Animal Photo ~~Award 2 72,259 photos, 4,625 members
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V 12,310 photos, 599 members
- Macro Flower Lovers - (P1C2) 112,326 photos, 10,662 members
- All about Reflections 43,528 photos, 3,441 members
- THE BEST FLOWER SHOT (POST 1 AWARD 4) Sweeper Active! 1,619 photos, 223 members
- Spectacular Insects 93,912 photos, 7,363 members
- What flower is this? 8,402 photos, 1,073 members
- Natural Jewellery 23,960 photos, 3,923 members
- Mushrooms & other fungi (Your Fab Fungi Fotos, FFF) 52,368 photos, 3,047 members
- ~♥~Cherish Your Dreams and Visions~♥~ P1 / C3 129,349 photos, 5,225 members
- Flickr Ideas 1 photo, 11,583 members
- Physics 5,188 photos, 2,154 members
- Posters U Make 23,918 photos, 2,968 members
- Perfect Petals - P1/A3- No Bugs or Man Made Objects ✿ 219,735 photos, 10,674 members
- Wonderful world of flowers (P1/A2) 108,082 photos, 7,187 members
- flickr one million club (GROUP NOW CLOSED) 110 photos, 79 members
- Southern Wesleyan University 3 photos, 4 members
- Flower Buds 4,205 photos, 460 members
- image manipulations - please comment other pix 180,375 photos, 11,935 members
Tess McCoy says:
"Martin is one of the sweetest people here on flickr. He really takes time to make each and every one of his contacts feel appreciated, something which most of us fail to do. Not to mention that his faith and kindness are truly inspirational and shine through in his photographs. It is clear that he tries hard to capture the beauty that God has created all around us. :)"
March 8th, 2012
Lord Cuauhtli says:
"Hi Martin!!! well i wanted to thank your wonderfull friendship!!! every picture you post here is a delightful piece of art!! keep taking beautiful pictures my dear friend!!! and for the flickr fellowship, this is a photostream highly recommended!!!!!"
November 14th, 2007
- Martin LaBar
- December 2004
- Upstate South Carolina
- United States
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- retired science professor
- Sun and Shield (blog)