Well-a-day, I've been banned from 'The Contac Group'. This is an interesting achievement, as I didn't know I was in the Contac Group! What, if anything, am I missing, I wonder?
Hi, thanks for looking at my photostream and profile. I hope you like my photos.
My photos are mostly landscapes, but I take other subjects from time to time.
I have my own on-line album on
I scale my photos down to 600/800 pixel maximum measurement; this makes them much faster to load as typically they are less than 100Kb file size. If you really like a photo and want a full quality version please contact me.
I do try and comment as much as I can, but I've now got hundreds of contacts, so, with the best will in the World, I can't get round to everybody.
Happy snapping everyone!
Jim's Non Pompous Invites Faves, etc, policy
I notice a lot of people are putting po-faced notes on their pics saying that they don't accept faves without comments, Glittery invites, etc; so here's my non pompous policy!
I put my photos on Flickr for people to look at and enjoy! You are welcome to look, fave, invite, multi invite, link to blogs, add to galleries. You're even welcome to criticise if you have something constructive to say.
You can make notes too, though I'd rather you didn't! However, it isn't the end of the World if you do.
Please see Using my photosbelow for a slightly more po-faced policy about other use of my photos.
I will be annoyed if you use my pics to advertise your Saturday Morning Shoe Shop or any other venture. In fact not only will I block people who do this, but I'll report them for misuse too.
Using my photos
If you are a charity or educational body and want to use one of my pictures please contact me. I'll probably say yes, but please remember that I don't have time to sort out and submit large numbers of photos. If you want to use my photos and I agree, then I want a reference to my website to be displayed.
Commercial organisations and anyone who looks like a commercial organisation have to pay!
Photos of Martin-James (4)
- Upper Thames Passenger Boats 699 photos, 13 members
- BRIDGES 2 6,110 photos, 833 members
- A.C.M C. .BRITAIN 33,088 photos, 3,645 members
- A COSY COTTAGE. 9,312 photos, 877 members
- AC ISLES. 8,507 photos, 792 members
- A PACIFIC ISLES 5,901 photos, 424 members
- RAILROAD 1 62,909 photos, 930 members
- Feature your photo on www.caption.me (comedy competition) 2,937 photos, 570 members
- MONUMENT 45,518 photos, 2,402 members
- South East England Wildlife 68,908 photos, 1,185 members
- Oxfordshire Wildlife 6,612 photos, 228 members
- Steam Launches 184 photos, 11 members
- British and Irish Bridges, Ferries. Locks, Piers, Fords, etc. 4,203 photos, 187 members
- MOUNTAIN 96,905 photos, 9,461 members
- SW14 - East Sheen & Mortlake 185 photos, 18 members
- Flickr's Best - Unlimited! 104,239 photos, 1,232 members
- PARKS AND GARDENS WOODS 52,043 photos, 2,003 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 94,432 photos, 4,646 members
- ANCIENT RELICS 104,109 photos, 4,272 members
- Hornby-Dublo 197 photos, 18 members
- Master of photoshop 2,306 photos, 737 members
- Corran Narrows and Corran Ferry 1,159 photos, 44 members
- The Shrewsbury Finger 128 photos, 10 members
- Londonist 379,764 photos, 8,257 members
- The Freshwater River Thames 8,066 photos, 421 members
- ! * Winter Beauty ! ✲ P1 - C3 ✲ Admin moderated 15,116 photos, 2,020 members
- Fog and Rain (curated) 259,609 photos, 58,647 members
- Cotswold dreams; add one comment on one 999 photos, 98 members
- THE ENGLISH RECTORY 67 photos, 16 members
- I love Boats 13,684 photos, 820 members
- DREAM LANDSCAPES UK 16,203 photos, 876 members
- !The Old Port / Admin Invite 19,933 photos, 1,353 members
- The Oracle of Photographic Excellence+25 Fav 13,983 photos, 643 members
- Armonia dei colori 2,935 photos, 154 members
- Brilliant Masterpieces 4,201 photos, 187 members
- * The Dog Collar (POST 1 ~ AWARD 1) 12,370 photos, 762 members
- Bewonderde Stad / View on the City 22,612 photos, 792 members
- ! !^Freedom Excellence 25+ Faves (Level 1) (Post 1:Award/Fave 3) 50,514 photos, 3,154 members
- paololivorno'sfriends ( Post 1 - Award 2) 126,850 photos, 4,969 members
- ₪ Worldwide TRAVELOGUE ₪ (Add 1 ~ Award 2) 318,723 photos, 11,221 members
- Creative Photographer on Flickr! (Post 1 - Award 1) 187,146 photos, 7,499 members
- Richard's (admin-invite) 28,343 photos, 1,357 members
- Fabulous Planet Evo (Post 1, Award 4) (Sweeper) 101,740 photos, 4,311 members
- Brilliant Photography! Award 3 , Sweeper is On! 344,890 photos, 13,098 members
- Ancient Britain 112 photos, 38 members
- Steam Boats 3,045 photos, 272 members
- MAW (Mountains Around the World) 12,228 photos, 423 members
- I love that shoot (animals only) 629 photos, 40 members
- Captivated by LIGHT! 745 photos, 59 members
- Sonnenaufgänge und Sonnenuntergänge - Sunsets 1,848 photos, 375 members
"I have known Jim for a while on flickr, since I moved to his old town and he commented on one of my photos. His pictures from in and around London are quite unlike any I see from other big smoke dwellers. His landscapes are truly inspirational and the way he makes the green patches of London look like open countryside is very talented indeed."
November 12th, 2008
My Scotland says:
"Jim is a great photographer and friend.
His photographic skills are stunning and as a flickr contact I regard Martin as one of the best."
August 16th, 2008
Sparkling One says:
"Like John Harris (see testimonial below), I have only been a contact of Jim's for a short time. I have to say, though, that I concur wholeheartedly with John's comments about Jim's outstanding photos and his willingness to correspond and share his ideas with his contacts. I am a neophyte at digital photography and have only been a member of the Flickr family since last Fall; but already I am becoming a better photographer because of some of the things Jim has pointed out to me. Please take the time to view his extensive photo collection (and, I think it will take me a good long while to do just that) ... you are sure to find many beautiful memorable images in his collection. Pamela McLauchlan, Ontario, Canada"
January 12th, 2008
"I have been a contact of Jims for only a short time but have been amazed at the work not only of Architecture but life in general. His ability to produce such detailed work from places we all take for granted on a daily basis. His eye for detail, composition and exposure as well as use of light is not only brilliant but inspiring. He also is very generous with his comments thus encouraging others to attaine a higher awareness of there culture and surrondings not to mention our History. I am privelidged to have him as a cotact. John harris"
October 1st, 2007
- January 2007
- Woodstock (the UK one!)
- Warminster, United Kingdom
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Legal Editor
- Martin-James Scenic Images