Well-a-day, I've been banned from 'The Contac Group'. This is an interesting achievement, as I didn't know I was in the Contac Group! What, if anything, am I missing, I wonder?
Hi, thanks for looking at my photostream and profile. I hope you like my photos.
My photos are mostly landscapes, but I take other subjects from time to time.
I have my own on-line album on
I scale my photos down to 600/800 pixel maximum measurement; this makes them much faster to load as typically they are less than 100Kb file size. If you really like a photo and want a full quality version please contact me.
I do try and comment as much as I can, but I've now got hundreds of contacts, so, with the best will in the World, I can't get round to everybody.
Happy snapping everyone!
Jim's Non Pompous Invites Faves, etc, policy
I notice a lot of people are putting po-faced notes on their pics saying that they don't accept faves without comments, Glittery invites, etc; so here's my non pompous policy!
I put my photos on Flickr for people to look at and enjoy! You are welcome to look, fave, invite, multi invite, link to blogs, add to galleries. You're even welcome to criticise if you have something constructive to say.
You can make notes too, though I'd rather you didn't! However, it isn't the end of the World if you do.
Please see Using my photosbelow for a slightly more po-faced policy about other use of my photos.
I will be annoyed if you use my pics to advertise your Saturday Morning Shoe Shop or any other venture. In fact not only will I block people who do this, but I'll report them for misuse too.
Using my photos
If you are a charity or educational body and want to use one of my pictures please contact me. I'll probably say yes, but please remember that I don't have time to sort out and submit large numbers of photos. If you want to use my photos and I agree, then I want a reference to my website to be displayed.
Commercial organisations and anyone who looks like a commercial organisation have to pay!
Photos of Martin-James (4)
- Upper Thames Passenger Boats 607 photos, 11 members
- BRIDGES 2 5,515 photos, 817 members
- A.C.M C. . 27,977 photos, 3,086 members
- A COSY COTTAGE. 8,828 photos, 878 members
- AC ISLES. 8,155 photos, 791 members
- A PACIFIC ISLES 5,670 photos, 422 members
- RAILROAD 1 55,770 photos, 930 members
- Feature your photo on www.caption.me (comedy competition) 2,891 photos, 572 members
- MONUMENT 43,715 photos, 2,406 members
- South East England Wildlife 67,494 photos, 1,178 members
- Oxfordshire Wildlife 6,583 photos, 226 members
- Steam Launches 182 photos, 11 members
- British and Irish Bridges, Ferries. Locks, Piers, Fords, etc. 4,022 photos, 181 members
- MOUNTAIN 89,951 photos, 8,966 members
- SW14 - East Sheen & Mortlake 185 photos, 17 members
- Flickr's Best - Unlimited! 97,390 photos, 1,202 members
- PARKS AND GARDENS WOODS 50,042 photos, 1,996 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 91,374 photos, 4,635 members
- ANCIENT RELICS 100,832 photos, 4,248 members
- Hornby-Dublo 196 photos, 18 members
- Master of photoshop 2,003 photos, 727 members
- Corran Narrows and Corran Ferry 1,147 photos, 41 members
- The Shrewsbury Finger 128 photos, 10 members
- Londonist 375,245 photos, 8,220 members
- The Freshwater River Thames 8,472 photos, 421 members
- ! * Winter Beauty ! ✲ P1 - C3 ✲ Admin moderated 14,904 photos, 1,991 members
- Fog and Rain (curated) 258,064 photos, 58,442 members
- Cotswold dreams; add one comment on one 995 photos, 98 members
- THE ENGLISH RECTORY 67 photos, 16 members
- I love Boats 13,212 photos, 800 members
- DREAM LANDSCAPES UK 15,381 photos, 847 members
- !The Old Port / Admin Invite 20,027 photos, 1,355 members
- The Oracle of Photographic Excellence+25 Fav 14,051 photos, 645 members
- Armonia dei colori 2,937 photos, 154 members
- Brilliant Masterpieces 4,131 photos, 187 members
- * The Dog Collar (POST 1 ~ AWARD 1) 12,329 photos, 763 members
- Bewonderde Stad / View on the City 22,205 photos, 788 members
- ! !^Freedom Excellence 25+ Faves (Level 1) (Post 1:Award/Fave 3) 49,558 photos, 3,100 members
- paololivorno'sfriends ( Post 1 - Award 2) 126,214 photos, 4,977 members
- ₪ Worldwide TRAVELOGUE ₪ (Add 1 ~ Award 2) 315,117 photos, 11,212 members
- Creative Photographer on Flickr! (Post 1 - Award 1) 183,234 photos, 7,477 members
- Richard's (admin-invite) 28,219 photos, 1,338 members
- Fabulous Planet Evo (Post 1, Award 4) (Sweeper) 101,605 photos, 4,314 members
- Brilliant Photography! Award 3 , Sweeper is On! 342,021 photos, 13,085 members
- Ancient Britain 113 photos, 37 members
- Steam Boats 3,032 photos, 268 members
- MAW (Mountains Around the World) 12,019 photos, 417 members
- I love that shoot (animals only) 629 photos, 40 members
- Captivated by LIGHT! 744 photos, 59 members
- Sonnenaufgänge und Sonnenuntergänge - Sunsets 1,816 photos, 368 members
"I have known Jim for a while on flickr, since I moved to his old town and he commented on one of my photos. His pictures from in and around London are quite unlike any I see from other big smoke dwellers. His landscapes are truly inspirational and the way he makes the green patches of London look like open countryside is very talented indeed."
November 12th, 2008
My Scotland says:
"Jim is a great photographer and friend.
His photographic skills are stunning and as a flickr contact I regard Martin as one of the best."
August 16th, 2008
Sparkling One says:
"Like John Harris (see testimonial below), I have only been a contact of Jim's for a short time. I have to say, though, that I concur wholeheartedly with John's comments about Jim's outstanding photos and his willingness to correspond and share his ideas with his contacts. I am a neophyte at digital photography and have only been a member of the Flickr family since last Fall; but already I am becoming a better photographer because of some of the things Jim has pointed out to me. Please take the time to view his extensive photo collection (and, I think it will take me a good long while to do just that) ... you are sure to find many beautiful memorable images in his collection. Pamela McLauchlan, Ontario, Canada"
January 12th, 2008
"I have been a contact of Jims for only a short time but have been amazed at the work not only of Architecture but life in general. His ability to produce such detailed work from places we all take for granted on a daily basis. His eye for detail, composition and exposure as well as use of light is not only brilliant but inspiring. He also is very generous with his comments thus encouraging others to attaine a higher awareness of there culture and surrondings not to mention our History. I am privelidged to have him as a cotact. John harris"
October 1st, 2007
- January 2007
- Woodstock (the UK one!)
- Warminster, United Kingdom
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Legal Editor
- Martin-James Scenic Images