"I am a unique individual... just like everybody else."
(From 'I am my Own Best Casual Acquaintance', by Shanti Goldstein, Contemporary Books)
my web site: currently under construction (ya, that's the name)
videos on YouTube
Listen to some of my original music while swimming thru my photostream.
And don't slouch...
Posting my photos on Flickr started primarily as a means to document some of my more recent travels (and a place to stick my photos to save space on my computer!). But attempts at more creative/artistic stuff is trickling in slowly, thanks to the inspirational work of many of my fellow flickr folk.
Previously I worked in a photo studio for 4 years as a printer & doing digital restorations. But I've also learned a thing or two here on Flickr, and am very happy to share ideas with others too. I consider myself an artist (musician 1st, photographer 2nd, other various odds & ends all tied for 3rd).
One group that I admin (not anymore) which I would like to invite people to check out is the
Highly Competitive Flickr 100 Best group. The title is self explanitory.
In November 2005, I started a group called "Before or After" (Not Now), which I think you may find is conceptually a little different from a lot of the groups you'll find on flickr.
Here are 3 more groups I started:
Your Movie Poster
I've been on Flickr since May, 2005. Spring, a good time for new beginnings...
Thanks for dropping by...
create your own visited countries map
or vertaling Duits Nederlands
Photos of Mr. Mark (2)
- Yodeling at SXSW 1,644 photos, 179 members
- Nature HQ 5,521 photos, 26,237 members
- Faces in Places 27,255 photos, 7,236 members
- Young Photographers Network 90,117 photos, 1,759 members
- AI WEIWEI / 艾未未 2,267 photos, 565 members
- Nikon D3100,D3200, D3300,D5100,D5200,D5300,D7000,D7100 group 1,067,124 photos, 34,442 members
- Nikon D5200 Group 165,782 photos, 7,231 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 5,694 photos, 6,166 members
- Canon Imagination 809,632 photos, 22,674 members
- Graves, Tombs And Cemeteries 311,484 photos, 45,937 members
- Creative self-portraits. 209,259 photos, 21,583 members
- I, Me, Mine - Pictures of you 133,965 photos, 7,786 members
- Sorauren Park Pumpkin Parade 358 photos, 22 members
- Drumheller 1,023 photos, 110 members
- Zombie Walk Canada 4,345 photos, 306 members
- Star Tracing - Stars Trails In Motion 7,621 photos, 2,244 members
- Flickr Hacks 421 photos, 21,983 members
- Montreal ! Group 65,991 photos, 2,152 members
- silhouette 393,919 photos, 64,157 members
- flickr (unofficial) 6,255,723 photos, 117,905 members
- Theater of Surreal,Weird and Strange /P1/C1 10,689 photos, 799 members
- Banksy 23,357 photos, 21,187 members
- Foto Competition - PLATINUM COMPETITION IS HERE!! 32,835 photos, 5,230 members
- Flickr 11|11|11 2,016 photos, 3,063 members
- toronto zombie walk 10,830 photos, 401 members
- R.I.P Steve Jobs 675 photos, 377 members
- The Challenge Factory - Photo Contest Group 105,327 photos, 5,769 members
- 10 Million Photos 8,463,077 photos, 87,587 members
- WTF?? 2,960 photos, 97 members
- Selfportraits and Psychology 28,051 photos, 2,646 members
- Photographer's Choice~Hall of Fame (Invitation) 22,271 photos, 2,516 members
- Jacking Around 8,076 photos, 173 members
- Chariots of Artists - Invite Group - Post 1 Image Award 3 Images 169,460 photos, 8,332 members
- totally textures 118,416 photos, 9,525 members
- The Textured Landscape (Quality Texturing Only) 18,914 photos, 2,131 members
- Burning Man! 48,656 photos, 5,295 members
- à travers les brumes 12,518 photos, 1,130 members
- Up!!! 10,455 photos, 368 members
- focusschmocus 13,002 photos, 1,865 members
- LONELY OBJECTS GROUP [POST 1, COMMENT ON 2] add tag to comments! 14,226 photos, 2,344 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 14,748 photos, 18,090 members
- Tom Waits 476 photos, 324 members
- All silhouettes and shadows(P1/C2) 21,179 photos, 2,026 members
- Top Photography Group Closed ~RIP George 39,590 photos, 3,426 members
- Best VIDEOS on Flickr! 25,556 photos, 7,069 members
- Flickr Photographer Profiles Blog 124 photos, 1,925 members
- ALMOST !! 208 photos, 65 members
- 900+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two) 2,176 photos, 446 members
- Cuba Photos 51,266 photos, 3,116 members
- *Nature* (2 Comments/Photo W/Code) 421,516 photos, 25,896 members
"The thing about Mr. Mark is that he is an enigma. No one knows for sure what makes him tick. Be he cuddly or conniving, bemused or bristling, the one they call Mr. will always keep you guessing. Be that as it may, I can tell you a few things I know for sure: Mark is spiritually enlightened. His wit is crafted to the point of absurdity. He is possessed of an almost canine sensuality. And that's good enough for me."
August 29th, 2006
"Mark is one of those rare individuals who not only consistently takes great photos, but also offers a lot of encouragement and support to fellow photographers. He is full of suprises, and seems to defy any categorisation. I really admire how resourceful and fresh his approach is, and also am very grateful for all his feedback. Mr Mark's photostream epitomises the phrase ... "watch and learn" :)"
June 22nd, 2006
Z 28 says:
"My brother from another mother. I ALWAYS routed for you man."
May 25th, 2006
"Mr. Mark is one of the greatest people that I've met here on Flickr. He's got a rockin' personality! He's hilar (that's short for hilarious in case you were wondering)! His photos will brighten your day in an instant (I recommend looking at his box head collage! It's so funny! Oh! Also, check out his comic strip!) Did I mention that he is a great guy??? His work is full of character and full of life. After looking through his photos, you will feel as though you have traveled the world with him! Oh, he's a great guy by the way.
You will never have a boring day with Mr. Mark! I consider myself lucky to have met him here on Flickr. Thanks Mr. Mark for being such a great guy! :) You are an inspiration to us all!"
May 7th, 2006
"Mr Mark's photos are fantastic, he's also a great bloke to boot.
You'll find some really outstanding stuff in his stream, and you won't regret leaving him a comment, as he's got a fresh personality, and leaves fantastic comments all over the place! :D
Great work Mr Mark!"
April 25th, 2006
jamie B says:
"Forever diplomatic in administering Highly Competitive-Flickrs 100 Best he also provides wonderful photos and insightful commentary. Folks like Mr Mark are what make flickr grand."
January 8th, 2006
Yawp Barbarian says:
"Discovery. The bold frontier. Mark's photostream is a wealth of creativity, and exploration of various cultures, travels, and photographic techniques.
Fearless with composition, creative with photoshop, bold and daring in capturing the ordinary moments that surround us. His photos are funny, wickedly awesome, and continually explores different themes, and unique levels of experimentation.
His creativity is constantly evolving and takes the viewer on a wild journey of discovery. A wickedly crazy ride !!!
Simply awesome !!!"
January 7th, 2006
Hans Speijer says:
"I just love this guy's photos. Good reviews and good personality. One of the more nice DeleteMe people I know."
December 8th, 2005
- May 2005
- Toronto, Canada
- I am: