"I am a unique individual... just like everybody else."
(From 'I am my Own Best Casual Acquaintance', by Shanti Goldstein, Contemporary Books)
my web site: currently under construction (ya, that's the name)
videos on YouTube
Listen to some of my original music while swimming thru my photostream.
And don't slouch...
Posting my photos on Flickr started primarily as a means to document some of my more recent travels (and a place to stick my photos to save space on my computer!). But attempts at more creative/artistic stuff is trickling in slowly, thanks to the inspirational work of many of my fellow flickr folk.
Previously I worked in a photo studio for 4 years as a printer & doing digital restorations. But I've also learned a thing or two here on Flickr, and am very happy to share ideas with others too. I consider myself an artist (musician 1st, photographer 2nd, other various odds & ends all tied for 3rd).
One group that I admin (not anymore) which I would like to invite people to check out is the
Highly Competitive Flickr 100 Best group. The title is self explanitory.
In November 2005, I started a group called "Before or After" (Not Now), which I think you may find is conceptually a little different from a lot of the groups you'll find on flickr.
Here are 3 more groups I started:
Your Movie Poster
I've been on Flickr since May, 2005. Spring, a good time for new beginnings...
Thanks for dropping by...
create your own visited countries map
or vertaling Duits Nederlands
Photos of Mr. Mark (2)
- Origins - Stunning Nature 1,953 photos, 25,800 members
- Faces in Places 26,465 photos, 7,287 members
- Young Photographers Network 62,050 photos, 1,401 members
- AI WEIWEI / 艾未未 2,068 photos, 553 members
- Nikon D3100,D3200, D3300,D5100,D5200,D5300,D7000,D7100 group 855,582 photos, 30,296 members
- Nikon D5200 Group 126,511 photos, 6,445 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 5,834 photos, 6,442 members
- Canon Imagination 837,830 photos, 22,378 members
- Graves, Tombs And Cemeteries 290,575 photos, 44,446 members
- Creative self-portraits. 214,446 photos, 21,266 members
- I, Me, Mine - Pictures of you 134,904 photos, 7,742 members
- Sorauren Park Pumpkin Parade 357 photos, 23 members
- Drumheller 1,018 photos, 111 members
- Zombie Walk Canada 4,409 photos, 299 members
- Star Tracing - Stars Trails In Motion 6,485 photos, 1,998 members
- Flickr Hacks 426 photos, 21,856 members
- Montreal ! Group 61,485 photos, 1,966 members
- silhouette 380,327 photos, 59,963 members
- flickr (unofficial) 4,646,444 photos, 105,478 members
- Theater of Surreal,Weird and Strange /P1/C1 8,951 photos, 749 members
- Banksy 23,719 photos, 21,390 members
- Foto Competition - PLATINUM COMPETITION IS HERE!! 33,268 photos, 5,250 members
- Flickr 11|11|11 2,070 photos, 3,149 members
- toronto zombie walk 10,970 photos, 402 members
- R.I.P Steve Jobs 665 photos, 377 members
- The Challenge Factory - Friendly Photo Contests 99,027 photos, 5,190 members
- 10 Million Photos 8,526,036 photos, 83,708 members
- WTF?? 2,962 photos, 97 members
- Selfportraits and Psychology 26,905 photos, 2,629 members
- Photographer's Choice~Hall of Fame (Invitation) 22,190 photos, 2,411 members
- Jacking Around 7,669 photos, 177 members
- Chariots of Artists - Invite Group - Aw 3 - Post 1 NEW CONTEST 174,467 photos, 8,568 members
- totally textures 112,350 photos, 9,502 members
- The Textured Landscape (Quality Texturing Only) 17,525 photos, 1,971 members
- Burning Man! 48,552 photos, 4,882 members
- à travers les brumes 11,953 photos, 1,112 members
- Up!!! 9,284 photos, 352 members
- focusschmocus 13,513 photos, 1,892 members
- LONELY OBJECTS GROUP [POST 1, COMMENT ON 2] add tag to comments! 13,667 photos, 2,333 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 15,025 photos, 18,501 members
- Tom Waits 465 photos, 322 members
- All silhouettes and shadows(P1/C2) 16,596 photos, 1,787 members
- Top Photography Group ~ High Quality Photography 25,633 photos, 3,169 members
- Best VIDEOS on Flickr! 22,933 photos, 6,861 members
- Flickr Photographer Profiles Blog 132 photos, 1,950 members
- ALMOST !! 209 photos, 66 members
- 900+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two) 801 photos, 338 members
- Cuba Photos 39,488 photos, 2,562 members
- *Nature* (2 Comments/Photo W/Code) 385,921 photos, 25,401 members
- Heavenly-Italy 3,298 photos, 658 members
"The thing about Mr. Mark is that he is an enigma. No one knows for sure what makes him tick. Be he cuddly or conniving, bemused or bristling, the one they call Mr. will always keep you guessing. Be that as it may, I can tell you a few things I know for sure: Mark is spiritually enlightened. His wit is crafted to the point of absurdity. He is possessed of an almost canine sensuality. And that's good enough for me."
August 29th, 2006
"Mark is one of those rare individuals who not only consistently takes great photos, but also offers a lot of encouragement and support to fellow photographers. He is full of suprises, and seems to defy any categorisation. I really admire how resourceful and fresh his approach is, and also am very grateful for all his feedback. Mr Mark's photostream epitomises the phrase ... "watch and learn" :)"
June 22nd, 2006
Z 28 says:
"My brother from another mother. I ALWAYS routed for you man."
May 25th, 2006
"Mr. Mark is one of the greatest people that I've met here on Flickr. He's got a rockin' personality! He's hilar (that's short for hilarious in case you were wondering)! His photos will brighten your day in an instant (I recommend looking at his box head collage! It's so funny! Oh! Also, check out his comic strip!) Did I mention that he is a great guy??? His work is full of character and full of life. After looking through his photos, you will feel as though you have traveled the world with him! Oh, he's a great guy by the way.
You will never have a boring day with Mr. Mark! I consider myself lucky to have met him here on Flickr. Thanks Mr. Mark for being such a great guy! :) You are an inspiration to us all!"
May 7th, 2006
"Mr Mark's photos are fantastic, he's also a great bloke to boot.
You'll find some really outstanding stuff in his stream, and you won't regret leaving him a comment, as he's got a fresh personality, and leaves fantastic comments all over the place! :D
Great work Mr Mark!"
April 25th, 2006
jamie B says:
"Forever diplomatic in administering Highly Competitive-Flickrs 100 Best he also provides wonderful photos and insightful commentary. Folks like Mr Mark are what make flickr grand."
January 8th, 2006
Yawp Barbarian says:
"Discovery. The bold frontier. Mark's photostream is a wealth of creativity, and exploration of various cultures, travels, and photographic techniques.
Fearless with composition, creative with photoshop, bold and daring in capturing the ordinary moments that surround us. His photos are funny, wickedly awesome, and continually explores different themes, and unique levels of experimentation.
His creativity is constantly evolving and takes the viewer on a wild journey of discovery. A wickedly crazy ride !!!
Simply awesome !!!"
January 7th, 2006
Hans Speijer says:
"I just love this guy's photos. Good reviews and good personality. One of the more nice DeleteMe people I know."
December 8th, 2005
- May 2005
- Toronto, Canada
- I am: