On my 28th birthday I decided to start a new personal creative project; taking daily snapshots, and posting 1 photograph per day on this Flickr site, recording my life with everyday images as a photographic diary.
I had the urge to visually record all the inspirational things/items/spaces/buildings/people I saw each day around me while living in NYC / traveling the world, simply because I didn't want to forget. By forcing myself to photograph "that certain something that inspired me" on a daily basis, I got into a rhythm of opening my eyes just a tad bit more and to just look at whats happening around me in a different way, with a different eye.
And now? it's an uncontrollable (and sometimes annoying...) habit; I can not leave the house without my camera, bike around town without my camera, travel through small rural villages or big metropolitan cities without my camera...
Im an architectural designer with a passion for photography and traveling/exploring.
All photographic images are copyright. All rights are reserved. Do not use, copy or edit my photographs without my written permission.
If you want to use my photo for commercial or private use, please contact me.
LIFE N PERSPECTIVE OF A GENUINE BICYCLIST
Life 'n Perspe... Photographs by Mari... By Mariëlle Leenen Book Preview
- bicycle in streets 1,220 photos, 54 members
- interiors my favorite pics 3,094 photos, 114 members
- Burn fat not Oil 729 photos, 44 members
- Pied et Souliers...Foot and Shoes 4,022 photos, 384 members
- pretty much flowers! 1,629 photos, 163 members
- chemtrails worldwide 762 photos, 231 members
- More Digital Photography 47,662 photos, 528 members
- Talking Shoes 3,500 photos, 284 members
- Getty Images on Flickr 0 photos, 16,967 members
- ` FLICKR ´ 1,109,697 photos, 18,468 members
- Pedal Petal Power 1,430 photos, 155 members
- Cycling with style! 1,812 photos, 118 members
- 365 Community 163,662 photos, 368 members
- 365 dagen & 52 weken (Dutch project 365 group) 9,473 photos, 115 members
- 365 Days Project 785,488 photos, 13,076 members
- $elf 24,373 photos, 2,694 members
- change the ground beneath your feet frequently 682 photos, 187 members
- Bicycle Belles 29,750 photos, 1,557 members
- My Destination Amsterdam 21,980 photos, 1,457 members
- Amsterdam - no rules 35,255 photos, 699 members
- Arch Daily 192,759 photos, 8,501 members
- artland 1,021,323 photos, 40,738 members
- FlickrCentral 9,430,999 photos, 259,351 members
- ╠Mains-Hands-Hände-Mani-Manos╣ 7,683 photos, 4,287 members
- Your_Hands 33,632 photos, 6,471 members
- NAIL POLISH LOVE 66,363 photos, 2,848 members
- view from the bars 943 photos, 106 members
- Pés & Feet & Pies & Piedi & Füße & Voeten & Hоги & Láb 45,455 photos, 4,543 members
- Vélo Vogue 4,230 photos, 146 members
- urban cycling 29,844 photos, 1,318 members
- the beauty & the bicycle 1,217 photos, 355 members
- Change Your Life. Ride A Bike! 21,014 photos, 620 members
- Dutch Girls Armed With Cameras 14,283 photos, 288 members
- I ♥ Amsterdam 90,323 photos, 4,855 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 409,671 photos, 105,644 members
- girls on two wheels 13,586 photos, 590 members
- Interesting Portraits ☺ [people] 692,703 photos, 27,671 members
- Ambitious Photographers 262,850 photos, 6,136 members
- Self Taught Photographers - LOOK AT DISCUSSIONS FIRST! 1,547,321 photos, 59,437 members
- Girl Photographers 954,292 photos, 38,118 members
- Arm's Length Self Portrait Experience 88,767 photos, 12,040 members
- Opaque Hosiery 2,497 photos, 1,028 members
- Bikebyshootings 4,825 photos, 637 members
- Velovixens 4,870 photos, 973 members
- bicycle, fiets, Fahrrad, bicicleta, vélo, bicicletta 49,429 photos, 3,959 members
- Dutch Bikes Around The World 1,490 photos, 85 members
- Skirts & Dresses & Bicycles... Oh My 2,539 photos, 651 members
- Cycle 2 Life 1,606 photos, 89 members
- You look better on a bike 7,965 photos, 342 members
- I Want To Ride My Bicycle 71,210 photos, 5,228 members
"Mariëlle's photostream is a tutorial in how to see the magic, beauty and humor in your everyday life. She ought to know; she's been taking a pic.a.day for years. Whether it's an oddly smushed banana peel, an outrageous pair of checkered pants, a beautiful panorama, an unexpected symmetry, or a poignant moment, M shows us the Zen of being a photographer. (Oh, and she has a book! Check her profile!) Thank you, Mariëlle, for your encouragement and friendship - I'm still learning from you every day :-)"
September 1st, 2009
"brooklyn babe´s daily shots - always a hot spot!
October 31st, 2006
- May 2006
- architectural designer