Both the cultured and uncultured public are drawn to what's visually interesting. Humans are hardwired to react to good design. The eye is drawn into a photograph that incorporates elements and principles of design.
Learning the principles and elements of good design is a life-time journey for me. It's a pre-req for my day job (Web Design and Usability) and part of good photography. Not every photograph is an artistic masterpiece or technical genious, sometimes a photograph is pure emotion.
Who spends time staring at boring or uninteresting imagery wishing it was prettier, more inviting, or provocative? Critics. Not me, I would rather not spend time on the unimaginative and drab but move my focus onto something beautiful.
I'm an artistic photographer. Translation=I hate deadlines, being governed by technical rules and conforming to standards. Just kidding. I just described my day job. ;) I've always been an artist. It's a gift and a curse. I've been involved in fine art since 3rd grade. I am a painter, mostly acrylics. I've put down the brush and picked up the camera in recent years and have never been happier. I like shooting macros, editorial portraiture, and all things nature.
I'm always learning and would appreciate positive and constructive feedback to encourage my ability to convey what is beautiful, imaginative, and emotional.
Thanks to all of my contacts, friends and fans of my work for making Flickr one of the most enjoyable indulgences this side of legal.
Canon 7D, Canon 40D, Canon Rebel T3, Canon G7
Canon 17-85mm f/4.0 - 5.6 IS USM
Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Canon 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 IS
Enjoy site at www.marcykellarstudios.com.
View my Explored Photos.
Thank you all so much for taking the time to comment and view my work! Here is my DNA:
Create your own visitor map!
Photos of thephotographymuse (1)
- New York City 727,897 photos, 54,142 members
- Canon 7D - All Models 424,156 photos, 10,597 members
- I ♥ wireframes 1,042 photos, 3,066 members
- UI Design Showcase 645 photos, 776 members
- User Experience Design 231 photos, 228 members
- UX Sketches 152 photos, 320 members
- Information Anxiety 242 photos, 186 members
- UX Errors 79 photos, 299 members
- Guerilla usability 19 photos, 15 members
- Everyday Usability 182 photos, 198 members
- This Is Broken 1,508 photos, 947 members
- #SPSDC - SharePoint Saturday DC 131 photos, 14 members
- Explain IA 61 photos, 400 members
- IA Discuss 267 photos, 530 members
- Usability & Accessibility 163 photos, 231 members
- Wind Turbines & Wind Farms 13,500 photos, 3,962 members
- July 18th 2009, Scott Kelby's 2nd Annual Worldwide Photo Walk 10,117 photos, 3,324 members
- Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photo Walk 2009: Indianapolis 167 photos, 21 members
- Organized OCD Style 632 photos, 331 members
- SEAVIEW - ALL water pix! 36,936 photos, 1,490 members
- Pregnancy and Birth Photography 1,036 photos, 835 members
- Ten Friends 37,687 photos, 5,936 members
- ±100 AШΑRĐZ for the «5000+» ♥Best♥ Photogs on Flickr!! 185,344 photos, 5,508 members
- Seamless & Cyc 9,569 photos, 2,420 members
- Indy Photo Coach 21,103 photos, 908 members
- Roberts Monthly Photo Contest Submissions 6 photos, 35 members
- Art from All Artists 30,326 photos, 1,012 members
- Kilroys 15 photos, 20 members
- VISUAL ARTS!! 106,958 photos, 7,793 members
- Deeply Missing you 202 photos, 232 members
- Just Jump 19,251 photos, 4,215 members
- Jumping Project 51,246 photos, 32,012 members
- FashionPhotographyBlog.com 79,518 photos, 15,349 members
- Digital Art 256,143 photos, 11,315 members
- COLOUR PRIORITY 163,317 photos, 4,088 members
- "Flickr's Awesome Blossoms" P1/A3 Sweeper Active 286,210 photos, 13,883 members
- Blooming Flowers(Post 1, Comment 5) 47,558 photos, 4,377 members
- FOTOFANATICS 3,821 photos, 662 members
- Flickr Group's Features Need Improvements: Petition to Flickr 0 photos, 2,002 members
- Mixed Media With ... 995 photos, 306 members
- Project 365 1,814,098 photos, 29,977 members
- Imagination 424,313 photos, 14,414 members
- Fotos Grandiosas! post 2 - award 2 next to yours 32,376 photos, 1,749 members
- Favorite Pictures 90,814 photos, 6,756 members
- Best of Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photo Walk 2008 215 photos, 399 members
- The JURORS / Different Personalities, Different Views (Closed) 6,290 photos, 3,687 members
- ~ A Flower a Day ~ For Flower Lovers 28,398 photos, 2,526 members
- Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photo Walk: Indianapolis 490 photos, 28 members
- Dreamscape Landscape 1,577 photos, 232 members
- The Indianapolis Colts!!! 1,260 photos, 215 members
Davidson-K Photo says:
"I am fairly new to photography. I am still going through the classes, and have a lot to learn, but your work just stands out so much to me. You photography is inspirational. Thank you."
September 8th, 2008
"Beauty is the quality that gives pleasure to the mind or senses. :-)
Beautiful Pictures! You’ve got the POWER!!!"
February 27th, 2008
"I think having fun is the most important element in any creative endeavors. Many photographers sometimes get caught in technicalities and details, but Marcy's stream exhibits a photographer who clearly enjoys taking pictures. I thank Marcy for sharing her pictures."
January 29th, 2008
Susie Surtees says:
"Marcy is a young woman whose photographic work shows abundant evidence of the hands, heart, and head of a true artist. Her hands and camera create crisply focused, beautifully composed and wonderfully lit images. Her warm heart - in its love of the gift of life on this beautiful planet - is evident in the passion that suffuses all the shots she posts. Her head balances the other two - she's a thinker as well as a feeler, choosing accompanying quotes that explore and explain life's mysteries and the human condition. Her work seems to show that she experiences life with an intensity that can be almost painful for her, and that perhaps by expressing this experience through her photographic art and sharing it with others, she can relieve some of that pain. Thankfully, this pain seems to be intertwined with equal strands of pure joy, also liberally woven through her work. We see her loving appreciation of her everyday experiences and her humour, as well as her meditative moments. Thanks Marcy for the gift of your work. Your muse is working for you, and we thank her for it! (And you like Louis Prima - too much!)"
January 19th, 2008
"Well, I finally got all the way thru Marcy's photostream...it is absolutely fantabulous! The compositions, the angles, the lighting, sometimes the titles really hit me. All of the elements in her photos eliciit some sort of feeling, mood, and/or emotion. I'm totally jealous cuz she has a great eye and I think she can "see" shots, angles, perspective, DOF, FOV, and all that stuff. But, it's great photostreams like hers that really help me get better, so for that Marcy I am ever grateful. Thanks so much for posting and sharing your time and talent with the rest of us! =)
December 14th, 2007
"Such a natural, creative, artistic eye makes for images that take your breath away. Her consideration of light, colours and backgrounds add amazing dimension to her nature and landscape photographs. Her evocative portraits convey true emotion. A photographer who's work always causes me to stop and reflect...
...see if you agree.
November 24th, 2007
"Honestly, one of the best eyes for composition I have ever met. High energy, fun folio without cynicism."
November 24th, 2007
- September 2006
- Fishers, IN
- I am:
- Female and Single
- Solution Architect - Microsoft SharePoint
- Artistic Photography of Marcy Kellar