Both the cultured and uncultured public are drawn to what's visually interesting. Humans are hardwired to react to good design. The eye is drawn into a photograph that incorporates elements and principles of design.
Learning the principles and elements of good design is a life-time journey for me. It's a pre-req for my day job (Web Design and Usability) and part of good photography. Not every photograph is an artistic masterpiece or technical genious, sometimes a photograph is pure emotion.
Who spends time staring at boring or uninteresting imagery wishing it was prettier, more inviting, or provocative? Critics. Not me, I would rather not spend time on the unimaginative and drab but move my focus onto something beautiful.
I'm an artistic photographer. Translation=I hate deadlines, being governed by technical rules and conforming to standards. Just kidding. I just described my day job. ;) I've always been an artist. It's a gift and a curse. I've been involved in fine art since 3rd grade. I am a painter, mostly acrylics. I've put down the brush and picked up the camera in recent years and have never been happier. I like shooting macros, editorial portraiture, and all things nature.
I'm always learning and would appreciate positive and constructive feedback to encourage my ability to convey what is beautiful, imaginative, and emotional.
Thanks to all of my contacts, friends and fans of my work for making Flickr one of the most enjoyable indulgences this side of legal.
Canon 7D, Canon 40D, Canon Rebel T3, Canon G7
Canon 17-85mm f/4.0 - 5.6 IS USM
Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Canon 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 IS
Enjoy site at www.marcykellarstudios.com.
View my Explored Photos.
Thank you all so much for taking the time to comment and view my work! Here is my DNA:
Create your own visitor map!
Photos of thephotographymuse (1)
- New York City 692,324 photos, 51,326 members
- Canon 7D - All Models 402,098 photos, 10,376 members
- I ♥ wireframes 1,051 photos, 3,034 members
- UI Design Showcase 644 photos, 756 members
- User Experience Design 235 photos, 223 members
- UX Sketches 157 photos, 311 members
- Information Anxiety 228 photos, 185 members
- UX Errors 79 photos, 299 members
- Guerilla usability 19 photos, 15 members
- Everyday Usability 181 photos, 197 members
- This Is Broken 1,532 photos, 953 members
- #SPSDC - SharePoint Saturday DC 131 photos, 14 members
- Explain IA 61 photos, 399 members
- IA Discuss 275 photos, 534 members
- Usability & Accessibility 199 photos, 232 members
- Wind Turbines & Wind Farms 12,998 photos, 3,830 members
- July 18th 2009, Scott Kelby's 2nd Annual Worldwide Photo Walk 10,131 photos, 3,350 members
- Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photo Walk 2009: Indianapolis 167 photos, 21 members
- Organized OCD Style 724 photos, 330 members
- SEAVIEW - ALL water pix! 34,749 photos, 1,459 members
- Pregnancy and Birth Photography 1,043 photos, 839 members
- Ten Friends 36,417 photos, 5,964 members
- ±100 AШΑRĐZ for the «5000+» ♥Best♥ Photogs on Flickr!! 178,020 photos, 5,474 members
- Seamless & Cyc 9,079 photos, 2,424 members
- Indy Photo Coach 20,629 photos, 891 members
- Roberts Monthly Photo Contest Submissions 6 photos, 34 members
- Art from All Artists 26,368 photos, 948 members
- Kilroys 15 photos, 20 members
- VISUAL ARTS!! 101,775 photos, 7,729 members
- Deeply Missing you 228 photos, 234 members
- Just Jump 19,139 photos, 4,191 members
- Jumping Project 50,742 photos, 30,132 members
- FashionPhotographyBlog.com 78,789 photos, 15,327 members
- Digital Art 231,748 photos, 10,862 members
- COLOUR PRIORITY 141,797 photos, 3,885 members
- "Flickr's Awesome Blossoms" P1/A3 Sweeper Active 277,241 photos, 13,635 members
- Blooming Flowers(Post 1, Comment 5) 46,676 photos, 4,351 members
- FOTOFANATICS 3,727 photos, 663 members
- Flickr Group's Features Need Improvements: Petition to Flickr 0 photos, 2,009 members
- Mixed Media With ... 986 photos, 307 members
- Project 365 1,767,334 photos, 29,492 members
- Imagination 391,836 photos, 13,768 members
- Fotos Grandiosas! post 2 - award 2 next to yours 30,472 photos, 1,737 members
- Favorite Pictures 81,872 photos, 6,653 members
- Best of Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photo Walk 2008 214 photos, 400 members
- The JURORS / Different Personalities, Different Views (Closed) 6,303 photos, 3,717 members
- ~ A Flower a Day ~ For Flower Lovers 23,764 photos, 2,358 members
- Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photo Walk: Indianapolis 490 photos, 28 members
- Dreamscape Landscape 1,554 photos, 236 members
- The Indianapolis Colts!!! 1,243 photos, 211 members
Davidson-K Photo says:
"I am fairly new to photography. I am still going through the classes, and have a lot to learn, but your work just stands out so much to me. You photography is inspirational. Thank you."
September 8th, 2008
"Beauty is the quality that gives pleasure to the mind or senses. :-)
Beautiful Pictures! You’ve got the POWER!!!"
February 27th, 2008
"I think having fun is the most important element in any creative endeavors. Many photographers sometimes get caught in technicalities and details, but Marcy's stream exhibits a photographer who clearly enjoys taking pictures. I thank Marcy for sharing her pictures."
January 29th, 2008
Susie Surtees says:
"Marcy is a young woman whose photographic work shows abundant evidence of the hands, heart, and head of a true artist. Her hands and camera create crisply focused, beautifully composed and wonderfully lit images. Her warm heart - in its love of the gift of life on this beautiful planet - is evident in the passion that suffuses all the shots she posts. Her head balances the other two - she's a thinker as well as a feeler, choosing accompanying quotes that explore and explain life's mysteries and the human condition. Her work seems to show that she experiences life with an intensity that can be almost painful for her, and that perhaps by expressing this experience through her photographic art and sharing it with others, she can relieve some of that pain. Thankfully, this pain seems to be intertwined with equal strands of pure joy, also liberally woven through her work. We see her loving appreciation of her everyday experiences and her humour, as well as her meditative moments. Thanks Marcy for the gift of your work. Your muse is working for you, and we thank her for it! (And you like Louis Prima - too much!)"
January 19th, 2008
"Well, I finally got all the way thru Marcy's photostream...it is absolutely fantabulous! The compositions, the angles, the lighting, sometimes the titles really hit me. All of the elements in her photos eliciit some sort of feeling, mood, and/or emotion. I'm totally jealous cuz she has a great eye and I think she can "see" shots, angles, perspective, DOF, FOV, and all that stuff. But, it's great photostreams like hers that really help me get better, so for that Marcy I am ever grateful. Thanks so much for posting and sharing your time and talent with the rest of us! =)
December 14th, 2007
"Such a natural, creative, artistic eye makes for images that take your breath away. Her consideration of light, colours and backgrounds add amazing dimension to her nature and landscape photographs. Her evocative portraits convey true emotion. A photographer who's work always causes me to stop and reflect...
...see if you agree.
November 24th, 2007
the sentimental geek says:
"Honestly, one of the best eyes for composition I have ever met. High energy, fun folio without cynicism."
November 24th, 2007
- September 2006
- Fishers, IN
- I am:
- Female and Single
- Solution Architect - Microsoft SharePoint
- Artistic Photography of Marcy Kellar