Both the cultured and uncultured public are drawn to what's visually interesting. Humans are hardwired to react to good design. The eye is drawn into a photograph that incorporates elements and principles of design.
Learning the principles and elements of good design is a life-time journey for me. It's a pre-req for my day job (Web Design and Usability) and part of good photography. Not every photograph is an artistic masterpiece or technical genious, sometimes a photograph is pure emotion.
Who spends time staring at boring or uninteresting imagery wishing it was prettier, more inviting, or provocative? Critics. Not me, I would rather not spend time on the unimaginative and drab but move my focus onto something beautiful.
I'm an artistic photographer. Translation=I hate deadlines, being governed by technical rules and conforming to standards. Just kidding. I just described my day job. ;) I've always been an artist. It's a gift and a curse. I've been involved in fine art since 3rd grade. I am a painter, mostly acrylics. I've put down the brush and picked up the camera in recent years and have never been happier. I like shooting macros, editorial portraiture, and all things nature.
I'm always learning and would appreciate positive and constructive feedback to encourage my ability to convey what is beautiful, imaginative, and emotional.
Thanks to all of my contacts, friends and fans of my work for making Flickr one of the most enjoyable indulgences this side of legal.
Canon 7D, Canon 40D, Canon Rebel T3, Canon G7
Canon 17-85mm f/4.0 - 5.6 IS USM
Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Canon 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 IS
Enjoy site at www.marcykellarstudios.com.
View my Explored Photos.
Thank you all so much for taking the time to comment and view my work! Here is my DNA:
Create your own visitor map!
Photos of thephotographymuse (1)
- New York City 702,996 photos, 52,307 members
- Canon 7D - All Models 409,821 photos, 10,440 members
- I ♥ wireframes 1,049 photos, 3,037 members
- UI Design Showcase 645 photos, 763 members
- User Experience Design 235 photos, 226 members
- UX Sketches 157 photos, 313 members
- Information Anxiety 232 photos, 185 members
- UX Errors 79 photos, 299 members
- Guerilla usability 19 photos, 15 members
- Everyday Usability 181 photos, 197 members
- This Is Broken 1,503 photos, 949 members
- #SPSDC - SharePoint Saturday DC 131 photos, 14 members
- Explain IA 61 photos, 399 members
- IA Discuss 275 photos, 531 members
- Usability & Accessibility 199 photos, 231 members
- Wind Turbines & Wind Farms 13,126 photos, 3,851 members
- July 18th 2009, Scott Kelby's 2nd Annual Worldwide Photo Walk 10,131 photos, 3,346 members
- Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photo Walk 2009: Indianapolis 167 photos, 21 members
- Organized OCD Style 631 photos, 330 members
- SEAVIEW - ALL water pix! 35,352 photos, 1,469 members
- Pregnancy and Birth Photography 1,039 photos, 838 members
- Ten Friends 36,832 photos, 5,955 members
- ±100 AШΑRĐZ for the «5000+» ♥Best♥ Photogs on Flickr!! 180,806 photos, 5,477 members
- Seamless & Cyc 9,290 photos, 2,425 members
- Indy Photo Coach 20,744 photos, 900 members
- Roberts Monthly Photo Contest Submissions 6 photos, 34 members
- Art from All Artists 27,629 photos, 964 members
- Kilroys 15 photos, 20 members
- VISUAL ARTS!! 103,279 photos, 7,753 members
- Deeply Missing you 252 photos, 234 members
- Just Jump 19,184 photos, 4,194 members
- Jumping Project 50,823 photos, 30,737 members
- FashionPhotographyBlog.com 79,183 photos, 15,329 members
- Digital Art 239,213 photos, 10,988 members
- COLOUR PRIORITY 147,904 photos, 3,952 members
- "Flickr's Awesome Blossoms" P1/A3 Sweeper Active 280,049 photos, 13,708 members
- Blooming Flowers(Post 1, Comment 5) 46,948 photos, 4,358 members
- FOTOFANATICS 3,770 photos, 664 members
- Flickr Group's Features Need Improvements: Petition to Flickr 0 photos, 2,008 members
- Mixed Media With ... 993 photos, 307 members
- Project 365 1,783,023 photos, 29,638 members
- Imagination 401,733 photos, 13,948 members
- Fotos Grandiosas! post 2 - award 2 next to yours 31,026 photos, 1,741 members
- Favorite Pictures 84,572 photos, 6,696 members
- Best of Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photo Walk 2008 216 photos, 400 members
- The JURORS / Different Personalities, Different Views (Closed) 6,300 photos, 3,711 members
- ~ A Flower a Day ~ For Flower Lovers 25,077 photos, 2,418 members
- Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photo Walk: Indianapolis 490 photos, 28 members
- Dreamscape Landscape 1,564 photos, 233 members
- The Indianapolis Colts!!! 1,245 photos, 211 members
Davidson-K Photo says:
"I am fairly new to photography. I am still going through the classes, and have a lot to learn, but your work just stands out so much to me. You photography is inspirational. Thank you."
September 8th, 2008
"Beauty is the quality that gives pleasure to the mind or senses. :-)
Beautiful Pictures! You’ve got the POWER!!!"
February 27th, 2008
"I think having fun is the most important element in any creative endeavors. Many photographers sometimes get caught in technicalities and details, but Marcy's stream exhibits a photographer who clearly enjoys taking pictures. I thank Marcy for sharing her pictures."
January 29th, 2008
Susie Surtees says:
"Marcy is a young woman whose photographic work shows abundant evidence of the hands, heart, and head of a true artist. Her hands and camera create crisply focused, beautifully composed and wonderfully lit images. Her warm heart - in its love of the gift of life on this beautiful planet - is evident in the passion that suffuses all the shots she posts. Her head balances the other two - she's a thinker as well as a feeler, choosing accompanying quotes that explore and explain life's mysteries and the human condition. Her work seems to show that she experiences life with an intensity that can be almost painful for her, and that perhaps by expressing this experience through her photographic art and sharing it with others, she can relieve some of that pain. Thankfully, this pain seems to be intertwined with equal strands of pure joy, also liberally woven through her work. We see her loving appreciation of her everyday experiences and her humour, as well as her meditative moments. Thanks Marcy for the gift of your work. Your muse is working for you, and we thank her for it! (And you like Louis Prima - too much!)"
January 19th, 2008
"Well, I finally got all the way thru Marcy's photostream...it is absolutely fantabulous! The compositions, the angles, the lighting, sometimes the titles really hit me. All of the elements in her photos eliciit some sort of feeling, mood, and/or emotion. I'm totally jealous cuz she has a great eye and I think she can "see" shots, angles, perspective, DOF, FOV, and all that stuff. But, it's great photostreams like hers that really help me get better, so for that Marcy I am ever grateful. Thanks so much for posting and sharing your time and talent with the rest of us! =)
December 14th, 2007
"Such a natural, creative, artistic eye makes for images that take your breath away. Her consideration of light, colours and backgrounds add amazing dimension to her nature and landscape photographs. Her evocative portraits convey true emotion. A photographer who's work always causes me to stop and reflect...
...see if you agree.
November 24th, 2007
the sentimental geek says:
"Honestly, one of the best eyes for composition I have ever met. High energy, fun folio without cynicism."
November 24th, 2007
- September 2006
- Fishers, IN
- I am:
- Female and Single
- Solution Architect - Microsoft SharePoint
- Artistic Photography of Marcy Kellar