I am a software engineer by profession and recently I have developed interest in photography. I still have lot to learn yet. Pictures you see here are just some of my experiments.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Photos of manitoon (7)
- The Great Mughals 1504-1707 2,574 photos, 213 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 676,369 photos, 25,042 members
- Bahrain البحرين 26,139 photos, 2,742 members
- My Pakistan 61,710 photos, 1,607 members
- 6 Photos – SeriesGroup 70,824 photos, 5,273 members
- Gulf Photographers 6,654 photos, 862 members
- Indus Valley 7,347 photos, 596 members
- Mosques in Pakistan 1,071 photos, 206 members
- Pakistan Photographers پاکستانی فوٹو گرافرز 133,395 photos, 5,244 members
- Muslim Photographs (Post 2- Comment on any 5) 20,458 photos, 2,306 members
- ..FourSeasons.. 11,204 photos, 1,274 members
- CONCORDIANS 278,671 photos, 7,487 members
- Waterfalls Around the World 95,741 photos, 12,823 members
- Waterfalls 184,322 photos, 21,799 members
- ◄♣♦♠♥ Together ♥♠♦♣► 161,363 photos, 8,918 members
- Pakistani Weddings 290 photos, 337 members
- China 13,902 photos, 1,002 members
- ColoursMag 4,002 photos, 446 members
- SAARC 40,599 photos, 2,234 members
- LG Viewty Photo Contest 19,941 photos, 6,757 members
- Favorites: 90 14,058 photos, 3,780 members
- New Abstract Vision Group 18,375 photos, 999 members
- fashion lover 1,793 photos, 351 members
- Pakistan Zindabad! 9,134 photos, 860 members
- Pakistan Photographers Club 100,152 photos, 4,495 members
- Sindh (Mehran) 1,539 photos, 296 members
- 10 million videos 9,747 photos, 808 members
- Coloursplosion! (Post 1, Award 1, Invite 1 to Group) 102,986 photos, 5,272 members
- islam denounces terrorism 895 photos, 501 members
- Almuñecar - La Herradura y la Costa Tropical 8,734 photos, 340 members
- La Belle Epoque ca.1890 - ca.1914 incl. ArtDeco and ArtNouveau 16,353 photos, 1,298 members
- SAARC Photographers Club 4,981 photos, 211 members
- Pakistan Punjab 11,807 photos, 767 members
- Fortresses, forts & fortifications of the World (photo guide) 91,174 photos, 5,570 members
- World Culture 134,927 photos, 4,291 members
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites 166,966 photos, 6,732 members
- Fine Find! 36,847 photos, 921 members
- Lights by Day 1,260 photos, 2,786 members
- Karachi Photographers Group کراچی فوٹوگرافرز 20,808 photos, 987 members
- Holga Action Link 5 photos, 54 members
- photorater - Rate Photos! 2,467 photos, 361 members
- Holga PhotoShop Action Group 30 photos, 178 members
- World Wide Photographers 287,183 photos, 9,805 members
- 6 Million People (Add one portrait of everyone you see) 175,395 photos, 17,959 members
- Sohni Dherti Pakistan 5,997 photos, 210 members
- Abu DhaBi 5,551 photos, 2,314 members
- Give me your best shot!(Post 1-Invite 1) 35,675 photos, 2,171 members
- The Gallery / La Galería - by Invite 416 photos, 713 members
- FLICKR'S EXQUISITE SHOTS (Invite Only! Award 3) 14,445 photos, 4,942 members
- Mosques From Around The Globe 13,469 photos, 1,519 members
"umm Mani g kiya likhoon, while his stay in Dubai i found him very punctual, friendly, some time serious, most of the time humorous :P and creative. He has an excellent eye which you can feel in his artwork. He will guide you without any hesitation. I always learning so many things from him, love you mani :) (note: love brotherhood wala samjhnaa kuch aor nahee heheheheh :D )"
May 25th, 2008
Engineer J says:
"When I started talking on flickrmail to manitoon on a summer noon, my first interaction with him, i never thought that we will go far together for next many seasons. I hope to see many sides of his multi dimensional talent in future. He is the only person i have met the most from a flickr point of view. Alway responsive to my questions and invitations, i found meeting him a refreshing experience. Ending my testimonial here would be plain injustice so here goes some more. Needless to say how he manages difficult situations with his "cool" thoughts. Always inspiring, his pics are a candid representation of his control over camera, yet bearing a mark for the effort he puts in his work. Rock on, brother."
July 30th, 2007
Mayank Austen Soofi says:
"Can Mr. Usman Ahmed aka Manitoon be called Lahore's unofficial portrait-painter? Many of his pictures effectively capture the romance, uniqueness and flamboyancy of his home town. But what about his powerful images of mountains and mustard fields? They are so evocative of the place, so full with the flavour of the location, that they virtually transport his "readers" to those impossible destinations. Perhaps the label of Nature Photographer suits him better then. But is it easy to dismiss his pulsating shots of horses and polo games – frozen in motion? (Can he be a sports photographer, also?) Again, what about his enchanting portrait of cunning cats staring into your eyes? And then there is that magical picture of a glass-fronted office complex that appears to be moving against a background of blue sky. Oh, just how will we define the art of Mr. Ahmed? But do we need to? Let's simply sit back and enjoy…with eyes open of course."
March 21st, 2007
"Ok, my first testimonial for anyone. Consider it an honour Usman. :-)
I like Usman's photos and his personality. Though I've only had two occasions (maybe three) to meet him, he has a very pleasing way of conducting himself. You don't have to talk too much to make a point or come out as being intelligent and Usman does it to the tee. I especially like his way of sitting in a group and letting others do the talking while he lets his work speak for him.
His photos of course speak a lot. He has a great eye for detail but the real reason I like his photos is that in the same shooting situations I'd probably take similar photos, I think photographically we think alike, though i'm not sure if that's praise or not. :-)"
October 5th, 2006
Waheed Khalid says:
have a cigar
ur gonna go far
September 2nd, 2006
Max Loxton says:
""What an amazing talent! I had the distinct pleasure of both shooting with this extraordinary talent as well as being a friend now. He is a genius, he picks up things very quickly and you can see with his photos.
I can tell you first-hand that his shots need very little post-processing. They are spot-on. For a person who has just started photography a couple of months back, the work that he is producing is amazing at least for me.
I must say that he has "the eye". I swear he has two, but nevertheless, he is the genuine article. I love his architectural shots - the one at Masjid Wazir khan especially. Also some of my favorites are ones when we were trying some run of mill shots and he tried some new angle. If only we all had such luck."
May 10th, 2006
- Usman Ahmed
- October 2005
- Lahore, Pakistan
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Software Engineer