I am a software engineer by profession and recently I have developed interest in photography. I still have lot to learn yet. Pictures you see here are just some of my experiments.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Photos of manitoon (7)
- The Great Mughals 1504-1707 2,555 photos, 207 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 661,018 photos, 24,610 members
- Bahrain البحرين 26,045 photos, 2,737 members
- My Pakistan 60,683 photos, 1,600 members
- 6 Photos – SeriesGroup 70,094 photos, 5,284 members
- Gulf Photographers 6,654 photos, 862 members
- Indus Valley 7,255 photos, 595 members
- Mosques in Pakistan 1,060 photos, 204 members
- Pakistan Photographers پاکستانی فوٹو گرافرز 132,477 photos, 5,219 members
- Muslim Photographs (Post 2- Comment on any 5) 20,194 photos, 2,289 members
- ..FourSeasons.. 11,220 photos, 1,275 members
- CONCORDIANS 275,949 photos, 7,481 members
- Waterfalls Around the World 94,073 photos, 12,696 members
- Waterfalls 179,736 photos, 21,437 members
- ◄♣♦♠♥ Together ♥♠♦♣► 157,583 photos, 8,901 members
- Pakistani Weddings 290 photos, 336 members
- China 12,638 photos, 967 members
- ColoursMag 3,995 photos, 445 members
- SAARC 40,129 photos, 2,225 members
- LG Viewty Photo Contest 19,988 photos, 6,763 members
- Favorites: 90 36,558 photos, 3,517 members
- New Abstract Vision Group 18,175 photos, 985 members
- fashion lover 1,535 photos, 345 members
- Pakistan Zindabad! 8,946 photos, 841 members
- Pakistan Photographers Club 99,477 photos, 4,462 members
- Sindh (Mehran) 1,525 photos, 295 members
- 10 million videos 9,366 photos, 788 members
- Coloursplosion! (Post 1, Award 1, Invite 1 to Group) 100,568 photos, 5,275 members
- islam denounces terrorism 874 photos, 504 members
- Almuñecar - La Herradura y la Costa Tropical 8,515 photos, 339 members
- La Belle Epoque ca.1890 - ca.1914 incl. ArtDeco and ArtNouveau 16,470 photos, 1,292 members
- SAARC Photographers Club 4,868 photos, 210 members
- Pakistan Punjab 11,592 photos, 758 members
- Fortresses, forts & fortifications of the World (photo guide) 89,287 photos, 5,522 members
- World Culture 129,584 photos, 4,247 members
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites 162,884 photos, 6,655 members
- Fine Find! 35,169 photos, 921 members
- Lights by Day 1,260 photos, 2,790 members
- Karachi Photographers Group کراچی فوٹوگرافرز 20,767 photos, 978 members
- Holga Action Link 5 photos, 54 members
- photorater - Rate Photos! 2,467 photos, 363 members
- Holga PhotoShop Action Group 30 photos, 178 members
- World Wide Photographers 272,118 photos, 9,681 members
- 6 Million People (Add one portrait of everyone you see) 176,116 photos, 17,946 members
- Sohni Dherti Pakistan 5,945 photos, 205 members
- Abu DhaBi 5,571 photos, 2,314 members
- Give me your best shot!(Post 1-Invite 1) 35,812 photos, 2,172 members
- The Gallery / La Galería - by Invite 416 photos, 714 members
- FLICKR'S EXQUISITE SHOTS (Invite Only! Award 3) 14,454 photos, 4,955 members
- Mosques From Around The Globe 12,945 photos, 1,498 members
"umm Mani g kiya likhoon, while his stay in Dubai i found him very punctual, friendly, some time serious, most of the time humorous :P and creative. He has an excellent eye which you can feel in his artwork. He will guide you without any hesitation. I always learning so many things from him, love you mani :) (note: love brotherhood wala samjhnaa kuch aor nahee heheheheh :D )"
May 25th, 2008
Engineer J says:
"When I started talking on flickrmail to manitoon on a summer noon, my first interaction with him, i never thought that we will go far together for next many seasons. I hope to see many sides of his multi dimensional talent in future. He is the only person i have met the most from a flickr point of view. Alway responsive to my questions and invitations, i found meeting him a refreshing experience. Ending my testimonial here would be plain injustice so here goes some more. Needless to say how he manages difficult situations with his "cool" thoughts. Always inspiring, his pics are a candid representation of his control over camera, yet bearing a mark for the effort he puts in his work. Rock on, brother."
July 30th, 2007
Mayank Austen Soofi says:
"Can Mr. Usman Ahmed aka Manitoon be called Lahore's unofficial portrait-painter? Many of his pictures effectively capture the romance, uniqueness and flamboyancy of his home town. But what about his powerful images of mountains and mustard fields? They are so evocative of the place, so full with the flavour of the location, that they virtually transport his "readers" to those impossible destinations. Perhaps the label of Nature Photographer suits him better then. But is it easy to dismiss his pulsating shots of horses and polo games – frozen in motion? (Can he be a sports photographer, also?) Again, what about his enchanting portrait of cunning cats staring into your eyes? And then there is that magical picture of a glass-fronted office complex that appears to be moving against a background of blue sky. Oh, just how will we define the art of Mr. Ahmed? But do we need to? Let's simply sit back and enjoy…with eyes open of course."
March 21st, 2007
"Ok, my first testimonial for anyone. Consider it an honour Usman. :-)
I like Usman's photos and his personality. Though I've only had two occasions (maybe three) to meet him, he has a very pleasing way of conducting himself. You don't have to talk too much to make a point or come out as being intelligent and Usman does it to the tee. I especially like his way of sitting in a group and letting others do the talking while he lets his work speak for him.
His photos of course speak a lot. He has a great eye for detail but the real reason I like his photos is that in the same shooting situations I'd probably take similar photos, I think photographically we think alike, though i'm not sure if that's praise or not. :-)"
October 5th, 2006
Waheed Khalid says:
have a cigar
ur gonna go far
September 2nd, 2006
Max Loxton says:
""What an amazing talent! I had the distinct pleasure of both shooting with this extraordinary talent as well as being a friend now. He is a genius, he picks up things very quickly and you can see with his photos.
I can tell you first-hand that his shots need very little post-processing. They are spot-on. For a person who has just started photography a couple of months back, the work that he is producing is amazing at least for me.
I must say that he has "the eye". I swear he has two, but nevertheless, he is the genuine article. I love his architectural shots - the one at Masjid Wazir khan especially. Also some of my favorites are ones when we were trying some run of mill shots and he tried some new angle. If only we all had such luck."
May 10th, 2006
- Usman Ahmed
- October 2005
- Lahore, Pakistan
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Software Engineer