I am a software engineer by profession and recently I have developed interest in photography. I still have lot to learn yet. Pictures you see here are just some of my experiments.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Photos of manitoon (7)
- The Great Mughals 1504-1707 2,364 photos, 187 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 583,744 photos, 21,642 members
- Bahrain البحرين 25,380 photos, 2,715 members
- My Pakistan 55,182 photos, 1,543 members
- 6 Photos – SeriesGroup 64,379 photos, 5,303 members
- Gulf Photographers 6,736 photos, 863 members
- Indus Valley 6,711 photos, 589 members
- Mosques in Pakistan 992 photos, 191 members
- Pakistan Photographers پاکستانی فوٹو گرافرز 125,229 photos, 5,026 members
- Muslim Photographs (Post 2- Comment on any 5) 19,551 photos, 2,228 members
- ..FourSeasons.. 11,223 photos, 1,276 members
- CONCORDIANS 260,418 photos, 7,475 members
- Waterfalls Around the World 84,488 photos, 11,968 members
- Waterfalls 155,019 photos, 19,196 members
- ◄♣♦♠♥ Together ♥♠♦♣► 137,948 photos, 8,760 members
- Pakistani Weddings 294 photos, 322 members
- China 8,327 photos, 775 members
- ColoursMag 4,076 photos, 442 members
- SAARC 36,764 photos, 2,150 members
- LG Viewty Photo Contest 20,172 photos, 6,796 members
- Favorites: 90 16,075 photos, 2,411 members
- New Abstract Vision Group 17,089 photos, 972 members
- fashion lover 1,278 photos, 341 members
- Pakistan Zindabad! 7,930 photos, 766 members
- Pakistan Photographers Club 92,618 photos, 4,256 members
- Sindh (Mehran) 1,457 photos, 284 members
- 10 million videos 8,069 photos, 700 members
- Coloursplosion! (Post 1, Award 1, Invite 1 to Group) 90,257 photos, 5,206 members
- islam denounces terrorism 753 photos, 498 members
- Almuñecar - La Herradura y la Costa Tropical 8,202 photos, 335 members
- La Belle Epoque ca.1890 - ca.1914 incl. ArtDeco and ArtNouveau 16,471 photos, 1,282 members
- SAARC Photographers Club 3,874 photos, 200 members
- Pakistan Punjab 10,749 photos, 695 members
- Fortresses, forts & fortifications of the World (photo guide) 80,018 photos, 5,247 members
- World Culture 104,423 photos, 3,950 members
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites 138,687 photos, 6,233 members
- Fine Find! 30,445 photos, 918 members
- Lights by Day 1,273 photos, 2,821 members
- Karachi Photographers Group کراچی فوٹوگرافرز 20,173 photos, 957 members
- Holga Action Link 5 photos, 55 members
- photorater - Rate Photos! 2,483 photos, 365 members
- Holga PhotoShop Action Group 30 photos, 181 members
- World Wide Photographers 199,000 photos, 8,784 members
- 6 Million People (Add one portrait of everyone you see) 172,767 photos, 17,605 members
- Sohni Dherti Pakistan 5,053 photos, 187 members
- Abu DhaBi 5,594 photos, 2,318 members
- Give me your best shot!(Post 1-Invite 1) 33,936 photos, 2,186 members
- The Gallery / La Galería - by Invite 429 photos, 719 members
- FLICKR'S EXQUISITE SHOTS (Invite Only! Award 3) 14,632 photos, 4,996 members
- Mosques From Around The Globe 11,692 photos, 1,325 members
"umm Mani g kiya likhoon, while his stay in Dubai i found him very punctual, friendly, some time serious, most of the time humorous :P and creative. He has an excellent eye which you can feel in his artwork. He will guide you without any hesitation. I always learning so many things from him, love you mani :) (note: love brotherhood wala samjhnaa kuch aor nahee heheheheh :D )"
May 25th, 2008
Engineer J says:
"When I started talking on flickrmail to manitoon on a summer noon, my first interaction with him, i never thought that we will go far together for next many seasons. I hope to see many sides of his multi dimensional talent in future. He is the only person i have met the most from a flickr point of view. Alway responsive to my questions and invitations, i found meeting him a refreshing experience. Ending my testimonial here would be plain injustice so here goes some more. Needless to say how he manages difficult situations with his "cool" thoughts. Always inspiring, his pics are a candid representation of his control over camera, yet bearing a mark for the effort he puts in his work. Rock on, brother."
July 30th, 2007
Mayank Austen Soofi says:
"Can Mr. Usman Ahmed aka Manitoon be called Lahore's unofficial portrait-painter? Many of his pictures effectively capture the romance, uniqueness and flamboyancy of his home town. But what about his powerful images of mountains and mustard fields? They are so evocative of the place, so full with the flavour of the location, that they virtually transport his "readers" to those impossible destinations. Perhaps the label of Nature Photographer suits him better then. But is it easy to dismiss his pulsating shots of horses and polo games – frozen in motion? (Can he be a sports photographer, also?) Again, what about his enchanting portrait of cunning cats staring into your eyes? And then there is that magical picture of a glass-fronted office complex that appears to be moving against a background of blue sky. Oh, just how will we define the art of Mr. Ahmed? But do we need to? Let's simply sit back and enjoy…with eyes open of course."
March 21st, 2007
"Ok, my first testimonial for anyone. Consider it an honour Usman. :-)
I like Usman's photos and his personality. Though I've only had two occasions (maybe three) to meet him, he has a very pleasing way of conducting himself. You don't have to talk too much to make a point or come out as being intelligent and Usman does it to the tee. I especially like his way of sitting in a group and letting others do the talking while he lets his work speak for him.
His photos of course speak a lot. He has a great eye for detail but the real reason I like his photos is that in the same shooting situations I'd probably take similar photos, I think photographically we think alike, though i'm not sure if that's praise or not. :-)"
October 5th, 2006
Waheed Khalid says:
have a cigar
ur gonna go far
September 2nd, 2006
Max Loxton says:
""What an amazing talent! I had the distinct pleasure of both shooting with this extraordinary talent as well as being a friend now. He is a genius, he picks up things very quickly and you can see with his photos.
I can tell you first-hand that his shots need very little post-processing. They are spot-on. For a person who has just started photography a couple of months back, the work that he is producing is amazing at least for me.
I must say that he has "the eye". I swear he has two, but nevertheless, he is the genuine article. I love his architectural shots - the one at Masjid Wazir khan especially. Also some of my favorites are ones when we were trying some run of mill shots and he tried some new angle. If only we all had such luck."
May 10th, 2006
- Usman Ahmed
- October 2005
- Lahore, Pakistan
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Software Engineer