I am a software engineer by profession and recently I have developed interest in photography. I still have lot to learn yet. Pictures you see here are just some of my experiments.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Photos of manitoon (6)
- The Great Mughals 1504-1707 1,876 photos, 154 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 477,993 photos, 16,900 members
- Bahrain البحرين 24,583 photos, 2,684 members
- My Pakistan 51,135 photos, 1,426 members
- 6 Photos – SeriesGroup 59,011 photos, 5,372 members
- Gulf Photographers 6,711 photos, 867 members
- Indus Valley 6,097 photos, 577 members
- Mosques in Pakistan 759 photos, 163 members
- Pakistan Photographers پاکستانی فوٹو گرافرز 114,583 photos, 4,649 members
- Muslim Photographs (Post 2- Comment on any 5) 17,770 photos, 2,115 members
- ..FourSeasons.. 11,377 photos, 1,287 members
- CONCORDIANS 249,312 photos, 7,485 members
- Waterfalls Around the World 73,501 photos, 10,984 members
- Waterfalls 123,810 photos, 16,306 members
- ◄♣♦♠♥ Together ♥♠♦♣► 121,947 photos, 8,620 members
- Pakistani Weddings 305 photos, 280 members
- China 4,407 photos, 483 members
- ColoursMag 3,887 photos, 440 members
- SAARC 30,269 photos, 2,008 members
- LG Viewty Photo Contest 20,524 photos, 6,850 members
- Favorites: 90 2,546 photos, 1,407 members
- New Abstract Vision Group 16,084 photos, 947 members
- fashion lover 943 photos, 338 members
- Pakistan Zindabad! 5,865 photos, 617 members
- Pakistan Photographers Club 81,882 photos, 3,806 members
- Sindh (Mehran) 1,469 photos, 275 members
- 10 million videos 7,143 photos, 618 members
- Coloursplosion! (Post 1, Award 1, Invite 1 to Group) 80,790 photos, 5,166 members
- islam denounces terrorism 669 photos, 490 members
- Almuñecar - La Herradura y la Costa Tropical 8,007 photos, 322 members
- La Belle Epoque ca.1890 - ca.1914 incl. ArtDeco and ArtNouveau 16,625 photos, 1,258 members
- SAARC Photographers Club 3,115 photos, 189 members
- Pakistan Punjab 9,189 photos, 580 members
- Fortresses, forts & fortifications of the World (photo guide) 71,332 photos, 4,931 members
- World Culture 82,998 photos, 3,511 members
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites 112,481 photos, 5,422 members
- Fine Find! 24,587 photos, 924 members
- Lights by Day 1,294 photos, 2,858 members
- Karachi Photographers Group کراچی فوٹوگرافرز 18,941 photos, 903 members
- Holga Action Link 5 photos, 55 members
- photorater - Rate Photos! 2,481 photos, 369 members
- Holga PhotoShop Action Group 31 photos, 183 members
- World Wide Photographers 143,454 photos, 7,423 members
- 6 Million People (Add one portrait of everyone you see) 162,870 photos, 17,132 members
- Sohni Dherti Pakistan 4,228 photos, 150 members
- Abu DhaBi 5,632 photos, 2,328 members
- Give me your best shot!(Post 1-Invite 1) 30,735 photos, 2,206 members
- The Gallery / La Galería - by Invite 434 photos, 728 members
- FLICKR'S EXQUISITE SHOTS (Invite Only! Award 3) 15,257 photos, 5,098 members
- Mosques From Around The Globe 9,014 photos, 1,069 members
"umm Mani g kiya likhoon, while his stay in Dubai i found him very punctual, friendly, some time serious, most of the time humorous :P and creative. He has an excellent eye which you can feel in his artwork. He will guide you without any hesitation. I always learning so many things from him, love you mani :) (note: love brotherhood wala samjhnaa kuch aor nahee heheheheh :D )"
25th May, 2008
Engineer J says:
"When I started talking on flickrmail to manitoon on a summer noon, my first interaction with him, i never thought that we will go far together for next many seasons. I hope to see many sides of his multi dimensional talent in future. He is the only person i have met the most from a flickr point of view. Alway responsive to my questions and invitations, i found meeting him a refreshing experience. Ending my testimonial here would be plain injustice so here goes some more. Needless to say how he manages difficult situations with his "cool" thoughts. Always inspiring, his pics are a candid representation of his control over camera, yet bearing a mark for the effort he puts in his work. Rock on, brother."
30th July, 2007
Mayank Austen Soofi says:
"Can Mr. Usman Ahmed aka Manitoon be called Lahore's unofficial portrait-painter? Many of his pictures effectively capture the romance, uniqueness and flamboyancy of his home town. But what about his powerful images of mountains and mustard fields? They are so evocative of the place, so full with the flavour of the location, that they virtually transport his "readers" to those impossible destinations. Perhaps the label of Nature Photographer suits him better then. But is it easy to dismiss his pulsating shots of horses and polo games – frozen in motion? (Can he be a sports photographer, also?) Again, what about his enchanting portrait of cunning cats staring into your eyes? And then there is that magical picture of a glass-fronted office complex that appears to be moving against a background of blue sky. Oh, just how will we define the art of Mr. Ahmed? But do we need to? Let's simply sit back and enjoy…with eyes open of course."
21st March, 2007
"Ok, my first testimonial for anyone. Consider it an honour Usman. :-)
I like Usman's photos and his personality. Though I've only had two occasions (maybe three) to meet him, he has a very pleasing way of conducting himself. You don't have to talk too much to make a point or come out as being intelligent and Usman does it to the tee. I especially like his way of sitting in a group and letting others do the talking while he lets his work speak for him.
His photos of course speak a lot. He has a great eye for detail but the real reason I like his photos is that in the same shooting situations I'd probably take similar photos, I think photographically we think alike, though i'm not sure if that's praise or not. :-)"
5th October, 2006
Waheed Khalid says:
have a cigar
ur gonna go far
2nd September, 2006
Max Loxton says:
""What an amazing talent! I had the distinct pleasure of both shooting with this extraordinary talent as well as being a friend now. He is a genius, he picks up things very quickly and you can see with his photos.
I can tell you first-hand that his shots need very little post-processing. They are spot-on. For a person who has just started photography a couple of months back, the work that he is producing is amazing at least for me.
I must say that he has "the eye". I swear he has two, but nevertheless, he is the genuine article. I love his architectural shots - the one at Masjid Wazir khan especially. Also some of my favorites are ones when we were trying some run of mill shots and he tried some new angle. If only we all had such luck."
10th May, 2006
- Usman Ahmed
- October 2005
- Lahore, Pakistan
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Software Engineer