I am a software engineer by profession and recently I have developed interest in photography. I still have lot to learn yet. Pictures you see here are just some of my experiments.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Photos of manitoon (7)
- The Great Mughals 1504-1707 2,528 photos, 204 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 637,462 photos, 23,820 members
- Bahrain البحرين 25,867 photos, 2,731 members
- My Pakistan 58,941 photos, 1,592 members
- 6 Photos – SeriesGroup 68,387 photos, 5,285 members
- Gulf Photographers 6,654 photos, 863 members
- Indus Valley 7,057 photos, 594 members
- Mosques in Pakistan 1,047 photos, 203 members
- Pakistan Photographers پاکستانی فوٹو گرافرز 130,769 photos, 5,172 members
- Muslim Photographs (Post 2- Comment on any 5) 19,989 photos, 2,273 members
- ..FourSeasons.. 11,187 photos, 1,277 members
- CONCORDIANS 270,726 photos, 7,465 members
- Waterfalls Around the World 91,057 photos, 12,481 members
- Waterfalls 172,177 photos, 20,888 members
- ◄♣♦♠♥ Together ♥♠♦♣► 151,051 photos, 8,883 members
- Pakistani Weddings 290 photos, 334 members
- China 11,162 photos, 917 members
- ColoursMag 3,995 photos, 445 members
- SAARC 39,286 photos, 2,207 members
- LG Viewty Photo Contest 20,053 photos, 6,772 members
- Favorites: 90 28,108 photos, 3,150 members
- New Abstract Vision Group 18,090 photos, 988 members
- fashion lover 1,499 photos, 345 members
- Pakistan Zindabad! 8,537 photos, 819 members
- Pakistan Photographers Club 97,805 photos, 4,415 members
- Sindh (Mehran) 1,507 photos, 292 members
- 10 million videos 8,679 photos, 755 members
- Coloursplosion! (Post 1, Award 1, Invite 1 to Group) 96,392 photos, 5,237 members
- islam denounces terrorism 858 photos, 504 members
- Almuñecar - La Herradura y la Costa Tropical 8,396 photos, 336 members
- La Belle Epoque ca.1890 - ca.1914 incl. ArtDeco and ArtNouveau 16,507 photos, 1,286 members
- SAARC Photographers Club 4,632 photos, 211 members
- Pakistan Punjab 11,313 photos, 738 members
- Fortresses, forts & fortifications of the World (photo guide) 86,215 photos, 5,452 members
- World Culture 121,226 photos, 4,169 members
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites 156,009 photos, 6,548 members
- Fine Find! 33,823 photos, 922 members
- Lights by Day 1,263 photos, 2,798 members
- Karachi Photographers Group کراچی فوٹوگرافرز 20,656 photos, 972 members
- Holga Action Link 5 photos, 54 members
- photorater - Rate Photos! 2,464 photos, 362 members
- Holga PhotoShop Action Group 30 photos, 180 members
- World Wide Photographers 248,801 photos, 9,422 members
- 6 Million People (Add one portrait of everyone you see) 177,037 photos, 17,892 members
- Sohni Dherti Pakistan 5,815 photos, 203 members
- Abu DhaBi 5,577 photos, 2,315 members
- Give me your best shot!(Post 1-Invite 1) 35,326 photos, 2,174 members
- The Gallery / La Galería - by Invite 416 photos, 717 members
- FLICKR'S EXQUISITE SHOTS (Invite Only! Award 3) 14,533 photos, 4,971 members
- Mosques From Around The Globe 12,578 photos, 1,463 members
"umm Mani g kiya likhoon, while his stay in Dubai i found him very punctual, friendly, some time serious, most of the time humorous :P and creative. He has an excellent eye which you can feel in his artwork. He will guide you without any hesitation. I always learning so many things from him, love you mani :) (note: love brotherhood wala samjhnaa kuch aor nahee heheheheh :D )"
May 25th, 2008
Engineer J says:
"When I started talking on flickrmail to manitoon on a summer noon, my first interaction with him, i never thought that we will go far together for next many seasons. I hope to see many sides of his multi dimensional talent in future. He is the only person i have met the most from a flickr point of view. Alway responsive to my questions and invitations, i found meeting him a refreshing experience. Ending my testimonial here would be plain injustice so here goes some more. Needless to say how he manages difficult situations with his "cool" thoughts. Always inspiring, his pics are a candid representation of his control over camera, yet bearing a mark for the effort he puts in his work. Rock on, brother."
July 30th, 2007
Mayank Austen Soofi says:
"Can Mr. Usman Ahmed aka Manitoon be called Lahore's unofficial portrait-painter? Many of his pictures effectively capture the romance, uniqueness and flamboyancy of his home town. But what about his powerful images of mountains and mustard fields? They are so evocative of the place, so full with the flavour of the location, that they virtually transport his "readers" to those impossible destinations. Perhaps the label of Nature Photographer suits him better then. But is it easy to dismiss his pulsating shots of horses and polo games – frozen in motion? (Can he be a sports photographer, also?) Again, what about his enchanting portrait of cunning cats staring into your eyes? And then there is that magical picture of a glass-fronted office complex that appears to be moving against a background of blue sky. Oh, just how will we define the art of Mr. Ahmed? But do we need to? Let's simply sit back and enjoy…with eyes open of course."
March 21st, 2007
"Ok, my first testimonial for anyone. Consider it an honour Usman. :-)
I like Usman's photos and his personality. Though I've only had two occasions (maybe three) to meet him, he has a very pleasing way of conducting himself. You don't have to talk too much to make a point or come out as being intelligent and Usman does it to the tee. I especially like his way of sitting in a group and letting others do the talking while he lets his work speak for him.
His photos of course speak a lot. He has a great eye for detail but the real reason I like his photos is that in the same shooting situations I'd probably take similar photos, I think photographically we think alike, though i'm not sure if that's praise or not. :-)"
October 5th, 2006
Waheed Khalid says:
have a cigar
ur gonna go far
September 2nd, 2006
Max Loxton says:
""What an amazing talent! I had the distinct pleasure of both shooting with this extraordinary talent as well as being a friend now. He is a genius, he picks up things very quickly and you can see with his photos.
I can tell you first-hand that his shots need very little post-processing. They are spot-on. For a person who has just started photography a couple of months back, the work that he is producing is amazing at least for me.
I must say that he has "the eye". I swear he has two, but nevertheless, he is the genuine article. I love his architectural shots - the one at Masjid Wazir khan especially. Also some of my favorites are ones when we were trying some run of mill shots and he tried some new angle. If only we all had such luck."
May 10th, 2006
- Usman Ahmed
- October 2005
- Lahore, Pakistan
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Software Engineer