i started school thinking i was in love with robotics... studied applied physics biology and human physiology in school and ended up with a degree in Electrical engineering...
now i am getting an MFA with a concentration in photography... i 'think' this is what i am gong to spend the rest of my meaningless little life doing...
As for work, I am the Director of Photography at the 20x24 Studio in New York.
In my spare time I build cameras. Large Cameras, fix motorcycles and recently got into RC trucks and planes.
Lens of any kind... especially the ones with large image circles fascinate me.
I shoot a lot of film and photo paper.
I have been posting a lot on instagram lately so you can check me out there: www.instagram.com/maneeacc
i really didnt think i have to say this... but PLEASEEEEEE dont use my work without permission... and worse... without due credit... i am more then happy to let people blog my images... but PLEASEEE... have the decency to let me know who you are and where you are using it...
Photos of maneeacc (10)
- CineStillFilm 6,937 photos, 2,108 members
- Nikon Large Format Lenses User's Group 656 photos, 55 members
- Panoramic Portraits! 185 photos, 133 members
- Panoramic / Da Yi 532 photos, 132 members
- Portrait Panorama: Panoramic Portraiture 386 photos, 78 members
- Carl Zeiss Planar 110mm F2 2,335 photos, 333 members
- Carl Zeiss Planar 25,020 photos, 914 members
- Hasselblad Carl Zeiss Lenses (V System) 544 photos, 46 members
- Pentax Medium Format 645 / 67 (Cropping Allowed) 16,960 photos, 1,206 members
- medium format digital backs 2,108 photos, 124 members
- Medium Format Digital 23,033 photos, 1,408 members
- Pentax 645 DSLRs with 67 lenses 408 photos, 123 members
- Pentax 645z 976 photos, 151 members
- Pentax 645D/645Z 7,574 photos, 968 members
- Ricoh Pentax 645Z 3,884 photos, 506 members
- Bronica Z, D. S, C, S2, S2A, EC, EC-TL, and EC-TLll 7,700 photos, 1,050 members
- Polaroid Camera Conversions/Modifications 647 photos, 1,109 members
- Gaoersi 617 216 photos, 66 members
- The 6x12 and Wider Group 4,475 photos, 466 members
- Sony A7/A7R/A7S Community 152,672 photos, 6,104 members
- Sony A7 and NEX with Nikon Nikkor Lenses 3,596 photos, 540 members
- Minolta Rokkor ƒ/1.2 10,102 photos, 1,093 members
- Hasselblad 2000 / 200 Series (Focal Plane) 5,622 photos, 443 members
- Fuji g617 users 965 photos, 232 members
- Nikon 35Ti 4,488 photos, 662 members
- I love the square format 5,159 photos, 1,755 members
- Film is not Dead!! 2,196,592 photos, 43,347 members
- Through the lens : Bangladesh 185,909 photos, 6,329 members
- Canon 85mm f1.2 L 4,355 photos, 750 members
- Norita Council 2,685 photos, 326 members
- .Blurred Faces 6,938 photos, 1,506 members
- Polaroid SX 70 109,816 photos, 16,347 members
- SX-70 23,138 photos, 1,567 members
- The Impossible Project Film Manipulation 1,299 photos, 771 members
- Impossible Project PX70 Film 7,509 photos, 622 members
- Impossible 8x10 353 photos, 226 members
- Impossible PX Color 7,597 photos, 652 members
- Camera Images Using X-Ray Films Only 1,170 photos, 213 members
- Home-made large format cameras 965 photos, 352 members
- Skancheli (BlackandWhite Only) 76,447 photos, 6,480 members
- Fine Art Nude Photos 1,314 photos, 11,019 members
- PLYM Magazine 155,588 photos, 4,094 members
- alternative processes printing (read rules please) 13,513 photos, 3,361 members
- Gran Formato / Large Format 1,307 photos, 95 members
- Size Matters 3,764 photos, 362 members
- Ultra Large Format 324 photos, 186 members
- Colour Paper Negatives 169 photos, 105 members
- Victor Hasselblad AB 42,347 photos, 1,038 members
- Analogue Photography 1,168,948 photos, 20,922 members
- 8x10 6,061 photos, 1,037 members
Sarah Croswhite says:
"well lets see. i really love this guy's work. i love the way he works with light. i dont know what else i could say other than he just great!
keep it up forever please :) and sorry for the lame testimonial....haha"
July 8th, 2009
"His work is always in the depth of mystery and extreme a great photographer to watch.. keep inspiring.."
January 31st, 2009
ibán ramón says:
"Extraordinary, individual and sensitive work.
Just a great artist."
December 25th, 2008
"Nafis has a rare and clear vision. Watching him bring each step of it to fruition is an exciting and inspiring journey. His eye for detail and the subtleties of light are impressive. Watch his work and watch what happens. You'll be surprised and delighted. His is an exceptional and true talent."
November 28th, 2008
"It's been said before, but Maneeac is ridiculously amazing. His attention to detail and perfection make his photographs utterly beautiful. He's obviously impossibly creative and I am infinitely jealous of his work. I find it hard to believe such talent can come from just one person: he is inspiring."
August 31st, 2008
Nika Fadul says:
Sit down, take the popcorn and relax!
This gallery is a show of pure talent and art!
I could spend my life admiring every single photo of Nafis Azad!"
August 28th, 2008
"My best friend in college, thank you for what you have given me. You inspire me to be a better person and an even better photographer. Thank you for that and so much more. As-salam alaikum Nafis, love you man."
June 16th, 2008
"Nafis puts so much thought and time into planning and organizing his photographs, and it truly shows through his beautiful lighting techniques and experimental nature. He is amazingly dedicated to the art of photography, and his efforts are apparent as you scroll through his excellent photostream. :)"
June 12th, 2008
"A kind soul, true friend, and a photographer who thinks on his feet."
August 7th, 2007
"Skips class as much as I do to take pictures, gives me cookies in return for modeling (sometimes in the fetal position in trees for prolonged periods of time), and leaves me messages on my phone calling me his "blue eyed gorgeous model". what's not to like?
..and he's a pretty good photographer. Good with those..light..thingies."
April 3rd, 2007
"Attractive women throw themselves at Nafis, begging him to take their picture. What more needs to be said?"
April 2nd, 2007
"Nafis has a way of looking at the world that illuminates the most mundane of objects into a living, breathing presence. His ideas are wonderfully unique, but it is his execution that is truly brilliant. Each image is a graceful combination of geometry and creativity, precision and emotion. To see his photos is to witness the thought process and work of an exceptional artist."
March 6th, 2007
"He lights things so effortlessly that you can see no evidence of him trying to light anything. His photos are great and I happen to love his use of wide format photos. Keep up the great work! I can't wait to see what's next."
February 7th, 2007
"You will became a master of lightening one day ;) all the best for You. Cheers"
February 3rd, 2007
"His work is amazing, his great eye produces great images.... In addition to producing great images he provides really good and healthy criticism on other's photos...."
October 14th, 2006
- February 2005
- I am:
- Male and Single
- student: want to be a photojournalist, studyin Electrical engineering and biology
- nafis azad