Please check out my albums first :) Do not judge a book by it's cover - as in my photostream - it is not engineered to have eye catching photos on the first page. Instead please have a look at my albums, where things are sorted and ordered the way I would like them seen.
I have recently passed the milestone of 7,500,000 views of my images hosted here on Flickr, thanks to all for checking out my photos. I enjoy sharing my photos and art with you all. Thanks to everyone who has posted comments - they are appreciated. I have avoided using watermarks as I don't like to disfigure the images. I just trust people not to pilfer my images for use elsewhere unacknowledged for their own profit.
I am not really into the tit-for-tat comments and likes thing to drum up view counts and chase the elusive and coveted 'explored' prize. I just don't have the time to spare. If you add me as a contact I may check out your pics, but may not, sorry in advance.
I now have over 40,000 photos on Flickr as I use the website for screen resolution cloud storage of all my photos. I have uploaded them for family and friends to see, and also to share the places I have travelled with everyone in the world. I have a collection of over 30,000 more to go through, so many more still to be metadata edited and uploaded. I try to have GPS data on all my photos and am enjoying making use of Google Earth, Google Maps and Street View in this process. I am using the Map module in Adobe Lightroom to add the metadata.
If I ever get better internet speeds, I would like to upload all my photos at full resolution. Maybe around 2020...
I live in Australia. Nice part of the world. I tinker with all kinds of digital art software programs on my Apple Mac 27inch 5K or Macbook Air laptop and I also like taking photos - especially when traveling overseas.
I also take videos where I travel, but they are second fiddle to my photo taking. You can see my channel here, loads of recent FZ1000 videos are here, all in 1080p HD:
My current camera is a LUMIX FZ1000 20mp camera with a 1inch; sensor, 4K video, and great zoom lens. I mainly use my camera for wildlife and travel photography. Previously, I owned a full frame DSLR: Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 21MP with a 24mm-105mm wide angle zoom lens, 70-200 zoom lens and macro lens. I found the large body and interchangeable lenses to be a drag weight wise when trying to travel light. I intend to travel widely in the next few years and an all in one camera is just easier even if the image quality is only 80% of what is currently possible. The new generation of mirrorless compact interchangeable lens cameras is where I may move to next.
I am also drawn to the fixed prime lens full frame cameras.
Recently I purchased a Ricoh Theta S spherical camera which takes equirectangular photos capable of being seen here as 360 degree panoramas, or manipulated into compelling polar stylised views.
I am slowly editing thousands of 35mm colour slides I took all over the world in the 1980s and 1990s... Eventually they will all be up on Flickr in my account. I decided to use a special slide duplicator macro system attached to my pro DSLR to really get good results. The ravages of time have blighted these slides with mould, scratches, and the colours have faded.
I also have many thousands of digital pics and scanned negatives and prints that will be uploaded here as well, as time (and my enthusiasm level) permits.
I am occasionally selling photos with Getty Images, and other stock agencies are being explored as well. I sell prints of my photos on canvas and photo paper and I held an exhibition of my photographs in 2013. If you would like a print of any of my photos on paper or canvas, drop me a line to negotiate.
I am keen to make some photo books, when I have the time to work through the process. I have found an Australian company that is cheaper than the Flickr partner, with acceptable results. I am looking at over 20 books of 120+pages, so price is a factor.
Let me tell you the story about the very successful photographer and the very successful writer, sitting by a gently flowing brook late one afternoon...
The photographer and the writer were in discussion and the writer said to the photographer "You must have a very expensive camera to take such wonderful pictures".
And the photographer replied "You must have a very expensive typewriter to write such wonderful stories".
Photos of Serendigity (5)
- Make Money Stock Photos. 20 photos, 24 members
- A LONG WALK 16,244 photos, 1,727 members
- Cycling in Monochrome 4,268 photos, 243 members
- Beaches 203,273 photos, 12,730 members
- Beaches - Around the World 156,806 photos, 11,662 members
- LIGHTHOUSE LOVERS 145,032 photos, 21,981 members
- Great Ocean Road, Victoria 6,342 photos, 803 members
- Our Little Planets 5,247 photos, 1,046 members
- Planet 360° 8,009 photos, 1,384 members
- Victoria, Australia 87,238 photos, 2,037 members
- Adelaide 40,677 photos, 1,390 members
- adelaide city 5,414 photos, 230 members
- Adelaide Anywhere 70,022 photos, 227 members
- South Australia 15,561 photos, 626 members
- Tour Down Under 1,108 photos, 60 members
- Art in Public Spaces - 3 per day 66,012 photos, 1,858 members
- Bamboo Bambu 竹 9,218 photos, 3,533 members
- WW II 48,503 photos, 3,301 members
- New Mexico 86,315 photos, 3,119 members
- National Geographic Society 852,386 photos, 17,023 members
- Get closer to the Moon 18,150 photos, 4,286 members
- Moon lovers 38,419 photos, 5,950 members
- MOON Shots 132,118 photos, 26,094 members
- Moon Pictures 20,075 photos, 3,913 members
- Moon in shot! 26,614 photos, 4,890 members
- Moon Full or otherwise 49,985 photos, 10,233 members
- moon and sky photographs 101,457 photos, 10,719 members
- Grand Canyon National Park 5,335 photos, 1,006 members
- Antelope Canyon 7,397 photos, 1,557 members
- Canyons of the World 7,807 photos, 1,615 members
- Desert Beauty 46,007 photos, 2,649 members
- Arizona Discovery 87,471 photos, 3,155 members
- Route 66 47,869 photos, 3,169 members
- Travel Photography - Through the eyes of the world 229,602 photos, 6,419 members
- Grand Canyon 32,475 photos, 5,674 members
- Arizona 92,711 photos, 2,745 members
- Arizona Sky 13,784 photos, 635 members
- Arizona Wonders (up to 3 in a row) 108,962 photos, 11,655 members
- Arizona Nature 52,720 photos, 2,295 members
- Natural Arches and Bridges 4,810 photos, 570 members
- arches and curves 2,978 photos, 537 members
- Arches National Park 13,029 photos, 1,996 members
- PRO CYCLING GROUP 16,692 photos, 984 members
- Flickr Friday 30,660 photos, 37,078 members
- Ricoh Theta S 1,895 photos, 285 members
- Ricoh Theta 2,258 photos, 436 members
- Equirectangular 19,873 photos, 3,201 members
- Bryce Canyon National Park 12,103 photos, 1,998 members
- Zion National Park 14,208 photos, 1,850 members
- Desert 51,179 photos, 4,286 members
Serendigity doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- February 2006
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Photographer and Arts