Townsville, on the tropical North coast of Australia, is a great place for butterflies and other insects. I originally signed up to Flickr to contribute to EoL (www.eol.org/), bringing together my photography and my affection and concern for the environment. That involvement has broadened somewhat over time but the focus is still small wildlife.
I have a blog, malcolmtattersall.com.au/wp/, which complements what I do on Flickr - still mostly environment and wildlife but more words and fewer pictures.
Nearly all of my photos (so far) are unposed shots of free-living subjects, all taken in North Queensland (and mostly in my own garden) except those in specified sets such as 'Thailand', 'Cambodia', 'Victoria' and 'Tasmania', which record trips to those locations.
- Closer and Closer Macro Photography 2015 921,906 photos, 81,425 members
- Townsville 10,365 photos, 228 members
- Birds in Backyards 17,146 photos, 765 members
- Australian Geographic 13,871 photos, 912 members
- Staphylinidae Worldwide - fossils and living 344 photos, 58 members
- Australian Wildlife 46,587 photos, 1,753 members
- Myriapoda (Centipedes, Millipedes, Etc.) 4,266 photos, 953 members
- Field Guide to the Birds of Aus 8,458 photos, 287 members
- Dragonflies 73,238 photos, 7,756 members
- Sea Life 15,477 photos, 736 members
- Neuropterans 991 photos, 117 members
- Australian Native Flora and Fauna 16,284 photos, 204 members
- Best of EOL Images 167 photos, 44 members
- Hoverflies of the world 6,898 photos, 391 members
- International Year of Biodiversity 2010 1,032 photos, 37 members
- Gulf Oil Spill 756 photos, 25 members
- Spiders of Australia 23,360 photos, 600 members
- Field Guide to Insects of Australia 36,674 photos, 726 members
- Encyclopedia of Life Images 225,050 photos, 3,742 members
Malcolm NQ doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Malcolm Tattersall
- April 2010
- I am: