Townsville, on the tropical North coast of Australia, is a great place for butterflies and other insects. I originally signed up to Flickr to contribute to EoL (www.eol.org/), bringing together my photography and my affection and concern for the environment. That involvement has broadened somewhat over time but the focus is still small wildlife.
I have a blog, malcolmtattersall.com.au/wp/, which complements what I do on Flickr - still mostly environment and wildlife but more words and fewer pictures.
Nearly all of my photos (so far) are unposed shots of free-living subjects, all taken in North Queensland (and mostly in my own garden) except those in specified sets such as 'Thailand', 'Cambodia', 'Victoria' and 'Tasmania', which record trips to those locations.
- Closer and Closer Macro Photography 2015 926,377 photos, 83,773 members
- Townsville 10,537 photos, 232 members
- Birds in Backyards 18,586 photos, 808 members
- Australian Geographic 17,360 photos, 1,036 members
- Staphylinidae Worldwide - fossils and living 378 photos, 61 members
- Australian Wildlife 48,908 photos, 1,800 members
- Myriapoda (Centipedes, Millipedes, Etc.) 4,351 photos, 964 members
- Field Guide to the Birds of Aus 9,268 photos, 311 members
- Dragonflies 79,208 photos, 8,100 members
- Sea Life 16,392 photos, 765 members
- Neuropterans 1,048 photos, 124 members
- Australian Native Flora and Fauna 16,313 photos, 206 members
- Best of EOL Images 167 photos, 44 members
- Hoverflies of the world 7,486 photos, 413 members
- International Year of Biodiversity 2010 1,032 photos, 37 members
- Gulf Oil Spill 756 photos, 25 members
- Spiders of Australia 25,236 photos, 625 members
- Field Guide to Insects of Australia 38,507 photos, 747 members
- Encyclopedia of Life Images 235,210 photos, 3,796 members
Malcolm NQ doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Malcolm Tattersall
- April 2010
- I am: