Townsville, on the tropical North coast of Australia, is a great place for butterflies and other insects. I originally signed up to Flickr to contribute to EoL (www.eol.org/), bringing together my photography and my affection and concern for the environment. That involvement has broadened somewhat over time but the focus is still small wildlife.
I have a blog, malcolmtattersall.com.au/wp/, which complements what I do on Flickr - still mostly environment and wildlife but more words and fewer pictures.
Nearly all of my photos (so far) are unposed shots of free-living subjects, all taken in North Queensland (and mostly in my own garden) except those in specified sets such as 'Thailand', 'Cambodia', 'Victoria' and 'Tasmania', which record trips to those locations.
- Closer and Closer Macro Photography: 2016 933,144 photos, 85,961 members
- Townsville 10,632 photos, 235 members
- Birds in Backyards 20,995 photos, 867 members
- Australian Geographic 21,407 photos, 1,130 members
- Staphylinidae Worldwide - fossils and living 402 photos, 65 members
- Australian Wildlife 52,640 photos, 1,867 members
- Myriapoda (Centipedes, Millipedes, Etc.) 4,473 photos, 985 members
- Field Guide to the Birds of Aus 10,566 photos, 332 members
- Dragonflies 81,893 photos, 8,227 members
- Sea Life 17,081 photos, 804 members
- Neuropterans 1,099 photos, 125 members
- Australian Native Flora and Fauna 16,716 photos, 216 members
- Best of EOL Images 167 photos, 43 members
- Hoverflies of the world 7,759 photos, 418 members
- International Year of Biodiversity 2010 1,032 photos, 36 members
- Gulf Oil Spill 756 photos, 24 members
- Spiders of Australia 28,576 photos, 668 members
- Field Guide to Insects of Australia 41,629 photos, 771 members
- Encyclopedia of Life Images 244,516 photos, 3,861 members
Malcolm NQ doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Malcolm Tattersall
- April 2010
- I am: