Townsville, on the tropical North coast of Australia, is a great place for butterflies and other insects. I originally signed up to Flickr to contribute to EoL (www.eol.org/), bringing together my photography and my affection and concern for the environment. That involvement has broadened somewhat over time but the focus is still small wildlife.
I have a blog, malcolmtattersall.com.au/wp/, which complements what I do on Flickr - still mostly environment and wildlife but more words and fewer pictures.
Nearly all of my photos (so far) are unposed shots of free-living subjects, all taken in North Queensland (and mostly in my own garden) except those in specified sets such as 'Thailand', 'Cambodia', 'Victoria' and 'Tasmania', which record trips to those locations.
- Closer and Closer Macro Photography 2015 928,616 photos, 84,331 members
- Townsville 10,508 photos, 234 members
- Birds in Backyards 18,955 photos, 815 members
- Australian Geographic 18,097 photos, 1,056 members
- Staphylinidae Worldwide - fossils and living 383 photos, 61 members
- Australian Wildlife 49,670 photos, 1,812 members
- Myriapoda (Centipedes, Millipedes, Etc.) 4,355 photos, 967 members
- Field Guide to the Birds of Aus 9,556 photos, 314 members
- Dragonflies 80,362 photos, 8,168 members
- Sea Life 16,491 photos, 772 members
- Neuropterans 1,055 photos, 125 members
- Australian Native Flora and Fauna 16,724 photos, 206 members
- Best of EOL Images 167 photos, 44 members
- Hoverflies of the world 7,554 photos, 414 members
- International Year of Biodiversity 2010 1,032 photos, 37 members
- Gulf Oil Spill 756 photos, 25 members
- Spiders of Australia 25,919 photos, 632 members
- Field Guide to Insects of Australia 38,862 photos, 752 members
- Encyclopedia of Life Images 236,754 photos, 3,814 members
Malcolm NQ doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Malcolm Tattersall
- April 2010
- I am: