Townsville, on the tropical North coast of Australia, is a great place for butterflies and other insects. I originally signed up to Flickr to contribute to EoL (www.eol.org/), bringing together my photography and my affection and concern for the environment. That involvement has broadened somewhat over time but the focus is still small wildlife.
I have a blog, malcolmtattersall.com.au/wp/, which complements what I do on Flickr - still mostly environment and wildlife but more words and fewer pictures.
Nearly all of my photos (so far) are unposed shots of free-living subjects, all taken in North Queensland (and mostly in my own garden) except those in specified sets such as 'Thailand', 'Cambodia', 'Victoria' and 'Tasmania', which record trips to those locations.
- Closer and Closer Macro Photography 2015 926,039 photos, 80,595 members
- Townsville 10,267 photos, 229 members
- Birds in Backyards 16,592 photos, 742 members
- Australian Geographic 12,568 photos, 865 members
- Staphylinidae Worldwide - fossils and living 321 photos, 54 members
- Australian Wildlife 45,709 photos, 1,732 members
- Myriapoda (Centipedes, Millipedes, Etc.) 4,220 photos, 942 members
- Field Guide to the Birds of Aus 8,351 photos, 283 members
- Dragonflies 72,819 photos, 7,727 members
- Sea Life 15,320 photos, 726 members
- Neuropterans 900 photos, 113 members
- Australian Native Flora and Fauna 16,152 photos, 203 members
- Best of EOL Images 167 photos, 44 members
- Hoverflies of the world 6,777 photos, 388 members
- International Year of Biodiversity 2010 1,032 photos, 37 members
- Gulf Oil Spill 756 photos, 25 members
- Spiders of Australia 22,581 photos, 582 members
- Field Guide to Insects of Australia 35,181 photos, 715 members
- Encyclopedia of Life Images 221,237 photos, 3,722 members
Malcolm NQ doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Malcolm Tattersall
- April 2010
- I am: