Originally from New York and France, Maïa Cybelle has called San Francisco home since 2001. She is the Founder and CEO of Carpenter Consulting Partners, Inc. providing leadership and executive coaching and executive operations strategy.
Her films and videos have been exhibited internationally including, The Whitney Museum of American Art, Ars Electronica LInz, Rotterdam International Film Festival, Pacific Film Archives, Ontario Cinematheque, Anthology Film Archives, Exit Art Gallery NY, Directors Guild of America, The British Film Institute, The Berlinale, The Taiwan Cinematheque, and PBS Television. Her films are included in several private collections in North America and her work is distributed by Canyon Cinema (USA), Collectif Jeune Cinema (France) and Canadian Filmmakers Distribution Centre (Canada).
She has served as a visiting curator for the Pleasure Dome in Toronto, was the Programming Coordinator for MIX NYC at Anthology Film Archives, a curator for SF Cinematheque at Yerba Buena Center for the Arts and a programmer for the SF International Film Festival. She was involved for a number of years with Phil Hoffman’s Independent Imaging Retreat in Mt. Forest, Ontario and has completed an artist residency at Liaison of Independent Filmmakers of Toronto (2005).
Maïa Cybelle has taught hand-processing and alternative film technique workshops and given guest lectures at The School of the Art Institute of Chicago, The Academy of Arts, at Mills College, San Francisco State University, Liason of Independent Filmmakers of Toronto and at Phil Hoffman’s Independent Image-Making Retreat in Ontario, Canada.
She has a BA (1997) in Women’s Studies/Film Theory from Barnard College, Columbia University and has a MFA (2001) in Film from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago.
- KITTY ON THE KEYS 2,541 photos, 137 members
- BSA Motorcycles 34,697 photos, 1,299 members
- Your Bicycle is Hot 3,959 photos, 772 members
- Objective Scenes 4,132 photos, 210 members
- FILM - An Abstract Point of View 68,547 photos, 2,850 members
- Experimental Film Photography - Used & Abused 1,895 photos, 247 members
- experimental film photography 2,085 photos, 399 members
- The Bold Italic 1,781 photos, 69 members
- Curbed SF 41,718 photos, 820 members
- Architizer 6,670 photos, 275 members
- Siamese Cats and their Feline Brothers (CLOSED GROUP) 110,877 photos, 9,530 members
- Bike Twine 195 photos, 34 members
- iBOB 3,678 photos, 272 members
- SF Tweed 1,185 photos, 115 members
- Mixte bikes (bicycles) 1,695 photos, 473 members
- Moderncat Gallery Submissions 192 photos, 67 members
- PedalZine - Bicycle Photography 4,471 photos, 1,152 members
- Velo-Orange 2,275 photos, 436 members
- Rivendell Bicycles 11,784 photos, 1,303 members
- Outstanding in the Field Dinners 3,650 photos, 110 members
- TiltShiftMaker photos 20,086 photos, 7,257 members
- Eater SF 14,856 photos, 353 members
- Restaurants / 餐廳 4,950 photos, 557 members
- Abyssinian & Somali Cats 9,730 photos, 513 members
- Walk on the Wild Side Cats 14,660 photos, 1,235 members
- Japanese Manhole Covers 5,208 photos, 891 members
- Rural Decay (no 30/60 limit!) 241,924 photos, 46,614 members
- Cinematic 13,685 photos, 764 members
- The Public Space Group 169,459 photos, 11,631 members
- San Francisco Architecture 39,922 photos, 3,450 members
- ! Best of Berlin architecture / Berliner Architektur 13,154 photos, 929 members
- Toronto Architecture 32,355 photos, 2,184 members
- Light in Architecture 75,737 photos, 5,774 members
- Architecture in Japan - plain 1,453 photos, 151 members
- Contemporary Architecture 234,946 photos, 10,556 members
- Brutalist Architecture (inc. brick, metal and glass) 3,000 photos, 2,156 members
- Glitch Art 12,690 photos, 13,970 members
- The Fake Moustache 1,800 photos, 770 members
Maïa Cybelle doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Maïa Cybelle Carpenter
- July 2006
- New York & South of France
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Founder, Carpenter Consulting Partners, Inc.