Welcome to my profile page.
I'm a housewife with camera who is constantly struggling to find a way that she can fit Flickr into her daily routine without falling into the addiction of it. So far it's been a losing battle.
The many quotes in my stream are a nod to my mother who seems to have had a never ending supply of quotes in her brain. These two quotes I find could be my life's motto:
“We are shaped and fashioned by what we love.” ~Johann Wolfgang Goethe
"Basically nature is my Genus Loci, or the place where my spirit resides."~Judith Anderson
My mom loved the work of Dr. Leo F. Buscaglia. Here is one of his quotes that I particularly like:
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
A bit of what I have "found" :
-confounded by the time Flickr consumes
-dumbfounded by the amazing talent there is in this world
-newfound interest in all things creative due to my experience on Flickr
-profound respect for the earth and its inhabitants.
I own the rights to all my photos. Please do not use them in blogs or anywhere without my permission.
-----\\\///-----who is living with, survived
------///\-----or has passed away from
Photos of mags_Tag (1)
- #Flickr12Days 84,894 photos, 8,408 members
- Gallery Unique 8,794 photos, 369 members
- L1 - GESTALT poetry&images by invitation P1-C2 20,215 photos, 721 members
- black & blue 3,517 photos, 498 members
- Accumulations-CLOSED until 14th August :-) 17,183 photos, 786 members
- dream forest 14,237 photos, 819 members
- Graphisme + Couleurs, c'est le Bonheur! [ p1 a1 ] 1,110 photos, 144 members
- B Square 332,517 photos, 9,991 members
- ● 11,446 photos, 1,485 members
- 7 Days of Shooting 29,615 photos, 182 members
- ART of ARCHITECTURE (P1/C1) 10,293 photos, 398 members
- Nature as Abstract Artist 55,486 photos, 4,950 members
- @ the Bad Ass Cafe 1,992 photos, 46 members
- Painting everything yellow / ONLY SHADES OF YELLOW PLEASE! 8,587 photos, 351 members
- µ~stract 19,768 photos, 813 members
- Award Free Zone - Photos with 'text only' comments thank you 33,851 photos, 1,036 members
- Vision sound 80,440 photos, 2,080 members
- Génial 1,349 photos, 57 members
- Flickr Friday 23,733 photos, 33,151 members
- A New Niche 15,410 photos, 551 members
- Flair and Square 26,112 photos, 887 members
- WHITE in/on/between WHITE (no black & white) 36,085 photos, 2,018 members
- Wien | Vienna 5,721 photos, 603 members
- White Rose Dragon Award (P1 A3 Sweeper) 1,717 photos, 567 members
- World Pattern 3,020 photos, 136 members
- ***Love with Gold Ribbons ♫ only golden touched work! P1-A2 7,149 photos, 720 members
- Give a Rose 9,975 photos, 869 members
- Pick me! 255 photos, 81 members
- just take a photo ! 3,642 photos, 37 members
- ''''★'''' Photography & Photoshop''''★'''' 14,081 photos, 503 members
- Storefront Tile 1,507 photos, 163 members
- Mosaics (Mainly in shop doorways and panels). 1,443 photos, 201 members
- ♥♥ People around us ♥♥ 449,536 photos, 10,129 members
- Photo Art Square (P1/C2) Quality over quantity, please... 23,932 photos, 641 members
- Cities & their people - Ciudades y su gente - Städte & Menschen 983 photos, 53 members
- The Pony Express Feedbag 233 photos, 10 members
- Major Focus 459 photos, 102 members
- Passionately Pink for the Cure 65,737 photos, 13,050 members
- !Flickr Food & Cuisine Around the world *none food pics will be 236,258 photos, 10,177 members
- FlickrCentral With No Posting Limit 487,952 photos, 2,598 members
- Shakespeare's Words 314 photos, 136 members
- Shakespeare 2,451 photos, 734 members
- Flickr's Fantastic Flowers (3F) - please comment! 45,165 photos, 6,099 members
- Fototrove by Getty Images Archive 0 photos, 612 members
- I NEED A TREE. Post1 / Award 2 Comment before post! 17,312 photos, 1,885 members
- TOPs of THIS 1: needs 4 awards of THIS 1 !!! 5,487 photos, 859 members
- THIS 1 ~ 2 comments! 39,303 photos, 2,194 members
- Monday Blues/ Post 1- Award 2 18,944 photos, 2,232 members
- ART PHOTOGRAPHERS Salon 129,838 photos, 3,122 members
- Red 빨강 Rouge 赤 أحمر רויט vermelho 194 photos, 31 members
"Thank you, Mags for always noticing my photos !!! And really seeing them, like so many of these other contacts of yours have mentioned. You genuinely view our photos with interest and share your genuine thoughts. I love your photos, seeing what your assignments have you creating, and reading your quotes ! You are an outstanding photographer and a precious contact to have !"
December 14th, 2010
"mags, you know I love you to bits, and I love your pics, especially of your garden and of the Austrian landscape around you and your abstracts... and... and :)
I hope that your life is wonderful and filled with happiness, and that is always far more important than flickr.
I hope you find what you're seeking for in life, and that it treats you well!
October 3rd, 2009
"Mags...let's just say she's one of my top flickr friends. Her photos are always interesting and beautiful, and they often convey atmospheres that match their locations. I have enjoyed looking at her artistic, colorful, original, and moving photographs. Aside from being a great photographer, mags frequently visits my photostream and leaves kind, thoughtful comments, which I value and appreciate enormously.
Thanks for being such a wonderful friend...
January 4th, 2009
"An inspirational photographer and an intelligent person who is genuinely supportive of other people's work........... thank you :-)."
December 20th, 2008
"Mags is a treasure. She has a wonderful and unique approach to her photography and her stream is full outstanding images, all of them deservedly rated as interesting by flickr. Her subject matter defies categorisation yet her stream embodies a sense of sincerity and humanity that quite inspiring.
Thankyou Margherita for all your pictures and kind words."
December 15th, 2008
" Surprising I have also not done this long ago.
Margherita's photography has a wonderfully calm quality to it. Her images reflect the peaceful nature of her personality and I am thrilled to have her as a contact and friend. I like to think of her as Flickrs own cultural guru. I enjoy reading her interesting and entertaining quotes. I am always assured I will find something to stimulate my mind or tickle my funnybone when visiting her stream. I love the way she stretches and challenges herself photographically, never resting on her laurels.
She is truly a flickr friend.
October 30th, 2008
"Oh, what a shame, I never wrote you a testimonial!
But now, let me correct this:
Margherita is an amazing person, she says in her profile that she hopes to share a bit of her joy through flickr, and, I have to say that she shares A LOT of her joy with us in every new picture she adds to her photostream, through her lovely comments over our photos and her presence as our flickr contact.
Mags can share the sweetest pictures and the more critical, interesting, wise quotes in every new art she presents us, but, I do have to say that, personally, I love it even more when we´re sharing our musicals on pictures ;o)
I hope you have a great year my friend, one with the wisest words and the most delicious music when you need.
Keep your great work and let us fly on the world you show us.
October 13th, 2008
"Finally I found the words,
I was searching for since weeks:
I wonder how perfectly Margherita correlates
her beautiful photographs with famous matching lyrics
into unique pieces of art !"
October 14th, 2008
"Margherita is always quick to feedback and encourage. She's a terrific photographer and I'm immensely flattered that she takes the time to enjoy my work. Of course Margherita's photos come with the added bonus of fantastic quotes which often serve to brighten up a dull day!"
September 30th, 2008
Luis Eduardo ® says:
"Margherita's stream is not just full of beautiful landscape, impressive compositions and wonderful images, it's full of useful and interesting lessons that let us learn valuable information of sorted subjects.
I enjoy so much each one of her photos and lessons and I'm so glad to found her work on flickr."
September 6th, 2008
"M makes us take that extra step towards discovery of all things beautiful
A amateur? I don't believe so! Sophistication absorbed by Vienna art
R realizes a teacher teaches by example, shares & cares for her fans
G generous both with her time and with the sincerity of her words
H happy in her heart, she finds happiness in every frequency of light
A an innocent girl who still has the spring bloom of a surprised "AH!"
R readily learning about photos "with a little help from her friends"
I interested in discovering different implications of life via photos
T thoughtful in her photo-images word-histories audio-delights
A natural as a Flickr friend... she took to it like a golden fish in water!
. . . .
YES, MARGHARITA, thank you for all you do for all of us. We all adore you!"
August 18th, 2008
André-Guy Robert says:
"mags_Tag, alias Margherita, alias Marg is a fantastic photographer, person and fan. She's been one of the first to comment on my photos and she continues daily (!) to react on most (!) of my new shots. With 235 contacts in her log, she deserves to be nominated for an Oscar in the Faithfulness Category... Marg mention in her profile she's addicted to Flickr. Personally, I would say I'm addicted to Marg! Thank you for your irreplaceable presence on Flickr."
July 28th, 2008
"mags_Tag has a unique vision and a real talent in photography, and is obviously willing to work very hard to make her vision come to life. She has a terrific sense of humor combined with a great visual sense."
June 30th, 2008
"Wanted to write this for sometime.
Lots of Hearts and lots of Tags...A wonderful photographer with an incredible eye on detail. I think she is a kind of a "walking Wikipedia" because most of her pictures and her comments are loaded with tons of information. I always look forward to what she says on my pictures. "Mags, we share the same wavelength this way as I like knowing more about the things and events too."
Great to have a friend like Mags who instantly agreed to administer my group 9-5 and one who has supported me on Flickr all along. Mags, keep clicking, keep smiling.."
June 26th, 2008
"Much more than a photographer, mags is a plethora of information about art, music, family, you name it. In Flickr we 'meet' many people through pictures and comments, but few become real friends. I consider mags a dear friend.
Look through her photos and plan to stay a while, you won't want to leave."
March 28th, 2008
"mags_Tag has an incredible eye and is truly gifted! Her photographs make you feel like you are standing right there. I look forward to her photos every day! Thanks so much for sharing your world with me. I love it!"
March 13th, 2008
"I just want to say what a great person mags is. Ive just met her a short time ago and already know that she is an awesome photographer ,very generous with her comments and awards and an all around good person! I feel very luck to have met her and hope to keep the new friendship going on for a long time!"
March 6th, 2008
I'm enjoying your photos very much :) Very quiet and beautiful photograph. The word of Ralph Emerson is recalled. Thanks for posting them."
February 2nd, 2008
- March 2007
- St. Louis, Missouri, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- mom wife housewife gardner chauffeur and ESL Teacher