- 'RoidWeek 2018 2,765 photos, 430 members
- 'RoidWeek 2017 3,741 photos, 634 members
- Talking Books 1,357 photos, 94 members
- *books are friends* 770 photos, 801 members
- a fragile paradise 93 photos, 16 members
- 'RoidWeek 2015 3,401 photos, 690 members
- Autumn Polaroid Week 2014 1,631 photos, 395 members
- European Birds and Wildlife 196,920 photos, 1,810 members
- Reserva Natural Local do Estuário do Douro (Pt 3 -Ct 3) 1,534 photos, 63 members
- Borboletas em Portugal 7,360 photos, 353 members
- 'RoidWeek 2013 2,773 photos, 957 members
- Flickr Friday 41,155 photos, 41,677 members
- Christmas Calendar 2012 20 photos, 33 members
- Parque da Cidade - Porto 503 photos, 55 members
- Orphanpix 7,830 photos, 182 members
- 'RoidWeek 2012 3,044 photos, 1,020 members
- PL▲NTS (on film) 11,115 photos, 1,142 members
- Win a retro style camera 196 photos, 913 members
- THE IMPOSSIBLE PROJECT 153,067 photos, 9,852 members
- life in sketches 20 photos, 13 members
- Christmas Calendar 2011 22 photos, 30 members
- The Known, the Unknown and the Under Known 962 photos, 86 members
- Heron Lake Sailing 59 photos, 11 members
- The Immensity 5,163 photos, 1,025 members
- 'Roid Week 2011 2,999 photos, 1,249 members
- Iker and his world 2,640 photos, 193 members
- Sierra Club's Daily Ray of Hope 65,417 photos, 2,527 members
- portugal on film 1,127 photos, 250 members
- Les Photomatics 892 photos, 227 members
- I shoot paper 4,772 photos, 650 members
- heart tree 2 photos, 16 members
- Aves em Portugal 87,994 photos, 1,094 members
- Mat'sGallery 46,138 photos, 894 members
- Bird Identification Help Group 59,637 photos, 8,594 members
- Urban Imaginary 523 photos, 17 members
- Uzak ( so soft...) 8,426 photos, 1,050 members
- Christmas Advent Calendar 2010 20 photos, 57 members
- Vintage - Retro - Soft 9,264 photos, 584 members
- a grande balda 56 photos, 22 members
- Feliz aniversário j@cque! 16 photos, 14 members
- myspace* 208 photos, 69 members
- BOOKS FOUND AND LOST 543 photos, 132 members
- Descent into dark dreams 1,566 photos, 66 members
- Aquamar 3,467 photos, 479 members
- Cyanotypes 6,347 photos, 1,388 members
- bandeirinhas... ou viva volpi ! 63 photos, 17 members
- Pictures in pictures 3,522 photos, 294 members
- PX / PZ / 8x10 / PQ Silver Shade Film by The Impossible Project 19,051 photos, 2,425 members
- Festival de Jardins - Ponte de Lima 272 photos, 25 members
- alternative photography process 36,357 photos, 2,273 members
"Always poetic,always inspiring. I respect Paula's philosophy about photography."
January 15th, 2011
"De todos os flickrs que visito regularmente, este é o meu preferido.
Obrigada por fornecer-me essa dose de poesia cotidiana, Paula!"
October 7th, 2010
"paula... is the best
the way she sees the world is a constant inspiration to me
she is super creative and its always a delight to look at her work"
November 11th, 2009
"every image here is distinctively paula -- i never fail to feel her love of the world, both material and imaginary, in her stream in the most magical way. and i learn to love to be here."
April 8th, 2009
Orange for you says:
"É Magia, pura!"
June 20th, 2008
"my everyday magic dream is here...
obrigado Paula : )*"
June 4th, 2008
"I found Magic Fly Paula just a few weeks after I started on Flickr and from the moment I stumbled upon Paula's stream and each time I visit, I find beauty, inspiration, support, and a creativity that shines out and lights the way for me to try to follow. Her prolific work is always intriguing and full of wonder and she inspires me as she moves her creativity in directions that are unexpectedly delightful. Pick any of her amazing sets and be prepared for a lovely ride - each image takes me places I have seen in dreams and conjures emotions unlooked-for. Some of my personal favorites are 'The Eccentric Days of the Man in the Red Shoes' and 'The Laboratory' and 'Visions'. Thank you thank you Paula, for sharing so much.
And if that's not enough! the generosity and kindness she shows me with her comments and communiques is astounding! I have had many a smile that I owe to Paula and her visits.
To you, my friend."
May 22nd, 2008
"paula's world is so special and unique, she has a magic talent to change an ordinary life into a fairytale. Every photo of hers is a pure beautiful poem! i wish i could live in her world :)"
November 7th, 2007
"I really respect her sensibility,
Her images(please let me say not photo, but image)
are touching, stylish, and so talented.
and Not only the images, but also I would like to
regard for her sense the title or caption words..
the technique of express her image in a photo is
of course exquisite, but the images are comfortable for me.
Just seeing touch her works or words,
they made me feel a lump in my throat sometimes.
she is one of the photographer whose new work
I'm looking forward to seeing."
August 26th, 2007
"Paula's photos are so magical, so poetic and so unique. :) She one of my good friends and she is from outer space. :p"
June 23rd, 2007
Fabian J. Martinez says:
"en un momento todo cambia,
el contenido se mantiene intacto
en la realidad aparente, sueños y
fantasias nos envuelven, colores y
volumenes que nutren la poesia y
la musica, el detalle magnifico.
la vision penetrante que trasciende
los limites de la imaginacion y nos
llevan de la mano en el vuelo magico
in a while everything changes,
the content stays intact in the
apparent reality, dreams and
fantasies surround to us, colors
and volumes that nourish the
poetry and music, the detail
the penetrating vision that
extends you limit them of the
imagination and they take to
us of the hand in the magical
flight of Paula."
March 5th, 2007
difficult noise says:
"her pix are great
i don't know her, maybe one day
clap clap clap !!!!!
fantastic mood in her art !
Shine on !"
January 14th, 2007
Melanίa Damianou says:
"She can fly. I do believe this.
Paula owns a unique pair of invisible wings. And she flies ~ she flies over the innumerable worlds. She enters the mystic gardens and finds out their most beautiful secrets. She may write a little poem on the top of a crystal mountain. Or... she may visit a remote seashore near the ocean, full of the shadows of the stars...And then, she comes smiling to us, offering her endless fine gifts. Images that contain all the ancient myths about beauty, kindness and generosity...Everyday and everynight she invites us to go deeper, to the luminous In-Land of the next day.
I love the warm lights of her profoundness. I trust her truth."
December 10th, 2006
Stephen R Mingle /Gonzo® says:
"Paula has the great ability to present thoughts and dreams to us in tangible human forms every day (every day) - it is only some form of magic that slows her down!!"
November 25th, 2006
THE FIRST PHOTOS THAT HALLUCINATED TO ME IN FLICKR! DREAMED, SURREALISTIC, EXOTIC, PICTORIAL THIS AND MORE IN THE WORK OF PAULA, ONE OF MY FAVORITES WITHOUT DOUBTS! EXELENT PHOTOGRAPHER, A FULL HEAD OF IDEAS!"
October 17th, 2006
"Paula es magica.
I love all her pictures, she finds the most amazing details everywhere. She makes of every photograph a piece of magic. :)"
October 9th, 2006
"When i'm Journeying on her stream i feel like im on a different world in short i would say "Fly with Magic Paula and she will bring you The Guide To The Galaxy" :-)"
June 24th, 2006
"After careful study and detailed investigation I am convinced that Paula is not of this world. Her world is just over the horizon, in the same orbit as ours, only a few seconds ahead. With this advantage, she intercepts our earth thoughts from years past, strange echoes from empty space and communiqué from other stars and these she blends with her own dreams of time, space and other intangible things to produce fine tapestries and illuminations unique in their perspective and priceless in their insight.
Paula is also a fine and supportive Flickr citizen and friend."
June 24th, 2006
redundant eyes says:
"Things are not the shadows of ideas, nor ideas more real than things. They are identical of the same order. Things are ideas and ideas are things.
In a hallucination my idea and its exteriorization are not 2 things, they are one and the same thing.
Plato was wrong when he attributed to his ideas a reality different to that of things, when he did not see in each thing an idea, but found ideas only in generalities.
16, Philosophical Texts
This quote from Fernando Pessoa I thing that deeply explain the magic fly paula's photostream. I wish I could be more skillful to tell you how her work strikes me. Everyday we are amazed by her fairytales her wonderful collages and her huge generosity to share them with us. So I highly recommend an accurate visit through her marvelous stories and let yourself be part of a great journey…"
June 13th, 2006
"I almost quit adding her pictures as favorites.
she IS one of my top-three flickr favorites ever.
June 5th, 2006
"all yer amazing photography looks like Art*
just fabulous magic fly paula*
thx fer popping by U really brightened my day********************
Cheers!! Billy ;))"
June 2nd, 2006
"Magic Fly takes the ordinary and makes it the extraordinary.
She raises up the common with uncommon perspective, colors, and treatments. I always enjoy visiting her site, it gets me started in new directions."
May 26th, 2006
"I come here religiously, to get my fix on magical world.
Paula's photos are so enchanting and inspirational, you've got to have a dose of them once a day..."
May 23rd, 2006
adaptable soda says:
"whenever i want my heart to beat a little faster; i visit paula. it works every time."
April 28th, 2006
"very intellectual and always right in the target ..enhancing truth and beauty of the known with magic vision - right here ..in us.. and right there - in you ..your point and line of view ..joining the points, crossing the lines with gentle mind unveiling word and life – her magic way make us able to experience the philosophy and aesthetic of her art. It is amazing ..like simultaneously joined expression of these eternal treasures’s last “breath off” and your ..and our “breath on” into these values.. keep doing this, Paula, keep the breathing of eternity with your art and thought. Thank you!"
April 19th, 2006
"Incredibily creative, I am fond of her universe and vision of the world. Glad to meet such a kind and open-minded person like her."
April 6th, 2006
Canna W says:
"She makes my heart sing - time and time again."
March 5th, 2006
"Tempo segundo Kant e um elemento puro .Segundo Decart e algo que se mede em distancia .Segundo Einstein E =mc 2 o que quer dizer uma relaçao.Os poetas dizem que e um aborrecimento .Um beijo Chito"
February 16th, 2006
"She is the essence of enigmatic."
December 22nd, 2005
"En este mundo de la fotografía, en el que todos tenemos una camara en el bolsillo, es gratificante encontrar alguien que ademas tiene ojos en la cara. Pero lo que es ya completmente excepcional es que tenga al mismo tiempo talento en el cerebro para saber contar lo que ve.
gracias por tus fotos."
December 3rd, 2005
[ CK ] says:
"Paula is a true visionary. She constantly takes your imagination deeper into a world of dreams and magic. Teaching us that if we look hard enough, we too can create magic. Thank you Paula for sharing that vision with all of us!"
December 1st, 2005
Mary Bogdan says:
"MAGIC FLY PAULA is one of the very best artists on Flickr! She and her work are very inspiring and her vision is very creative... She is generous with her time and compliments and encouraging to others, but mostly it is her art that stands out and moves us all. She is truly a Renaissance woman, equally brilliant whether it be her photography, her imaginary books or her illustration and collages. Thank you Magic Fly Paula!"
August 31st, 2005
- February 2005
- I am: