I have been studying London's fantastic history since moving here 12 years ago. I also regularly explore all its nooks and crannies and deliberaly get lost. As a result I have become quite knowledgeable about this city. At first friends would ask me to take them on walks, which organically has now grown in to a nice and enjoyable little side line for me. If you would like me to show you around the real London for a small donation please send flickr mail.
If you would like to use one of my photo's then I would quite like to be paid please. I'm now a pensioner and officially a pauper and so I need the money. Thank you.
I was born in Oxford and now live in London and spend nearly all my spare time exploring and photographing London.
I use a Canon EOS 600D and a Canon G11 point and shoot.
I am interested in history and architecture and I like to think I take documentary type photo's. For me photography is more about the subject and my desire to 'preserve' it.
I love street art.
I LOVE living in London.
I also love old derelict buildings and any relics from a bygone age - signs, notices, artifacts etc.
Photography is very important in my life. It keeps me sane.
I am a Getty Images Artist.
It also a validates my tendency to traipse the streets of London and if I carry a camera it stops me looking like a street person, as I am quite scruffy. However, I now run the risk of looking like a terrorist thanks to the paranoia of the police.
I have a bit of feeble blog that I post to when I remember.
I also now do that silly twitter thing. twitter.com/MaggieLDNguide
- Humans of London 4,121 photos, 216 members
- in explore 347,393 photos, 28,069 members
- Clocks from the Street 3,306 photos, 712 members
- Wandsworth London. 99 photos, 5 members
- CANALMANIA 18,497 photos, 921 members
- London Sculptures 4,093 photos, 170 members
- dr cream street art 333 photos, 42 members
- London in Black and White 874 photos, 64 members
- Banksy 23,776 photos, 21,318 members
- Rusty Mailboxes - Make Sure Your Pic Shows the Rust! 2,832 photos, 507 members
- General Enthusiasts - Open House London 2014 Photography Comp 466 photos, 234 members
- Almshouses 874 photos, 79 members
- You Park Like an Asshole 2,108 photos, 574 members
- London: The Square Mile 26,593 photos, 2,854 members
- London by Londoners 282,889 photos, 9,285 members
- The Brunel Museum 106 photos, 27 members
- London Streets 62,475 photos, 7,457 members
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, Politics, and News 456,713 photos, 30,842 members
- Time Out London 60,830 photos, 1,295 members
- The London Underground 1,980 photos, 247 members
- Victorian Engineering 155 photos, 36 members
- Crossrail 512 photos, 55 members
- British History Online 2,307 photos, 144 members
- Putney 799 photos, 82 members
- Londonist 298,756 photos, 7,350 members
- The Home Fallen of the Great War 1914 - 1919 1,660 photos, 37 members
- Little London Observationist 13,384 photos, 225 members
- British War Memorials 3,761 photos, 304 members
- Open House London 4,783 photos, 401 members
- The London Underground... For Enthusiasts! 6,844 photos, 252 members
- VisitEngland 9,575 photos, 480 members
- Unusual Street Names 607 photos, 33 members
- World War I 18,582 photos, 1,073 members
- The Great War Archive Flickr Group 9,401 photos, 760 members
- Transport for London (TFL) 17,982 photos, 373 members
- Military headstones 2,783 photos, 91 members
- Art of Grinling GIBBONS 154 photos, 38 members
- Industrial Heritage At Risk 4,657 photos, 343 members
- Coade Stone 176 photos, 16 members
- British and Irish Workhouses 200 photos, 50 members
- Atheists who love (photographing) churches. 14,928 photos, 410 members
- Painted numbers, names and directions. But Not Advertising. 256 photos, 24 members
- Parish Boundary Markers 1,338 photos, 64 members
- London Black Cabs 5,867 photos, 865 members
- Window Skills 2,022 photos, 117 members
- The Magnificent Seven (London's 7 great Victorian cemeteries) 1,811 photos, 170 members
- London Industrial 1,371 photos, 349 members
- Battersea Past & Present 1,511 photos, 206 members
- ☞ Manicule 1,662 photos, 347 members
- London Underground Temporary Notices 348 photos, 140 members
"I always enjoy looking at Maggie's photographs, she has the ability to capture everyday life around London very well and make it personal...
Her photos gives you an insight into London that most of us past by without seeing and in years to come will have changed beyond all recognition..."
April 1st, 2008
- Maggie Jones
- February 2007
- London, England
- I am:
- Retired Nurse