I have been studying London's fantastic history since moving here 12 years ago. I also regularly explore all its nooks and crannies and deliberaly get lost. As a result I have become quite knowledgeable about this city. At first friends would ask me to take them on walks, which organically has now grown in to a nice and enjoyable little side line for me. If you would like me to show you around the real London for a small donation please send flickr mail.
If you would like to use one of my photo's then I would quite like to be paid please. I'm now a pensioner and officially a pauper and so I need the money. Thank you.
I was born in Oxford and now live in London and spend nearly all my spare time exploring and photographing London.
I use a Canon EOS 600D and a Canon G11 point and shoot.
I am interested in history and architecture and I like to think I take documentary type photo's. For me photography is more about the subject and my desire to 'preserve' it.
I love street art.
I LOVE living in London.
I also love old derelict buildings and any relics from a bygone age - signs, notices, artifacts etc.
Photography is very important in my life. It keeps me sane.
I am a Getty Images Artist.
It also a validates my tendency to traipse the streets of London and if I carry a camera it stops me looking like a street person, as I am quite scruffy. However, I now run the risk of looking like a terrorist thanks to the paranoia of the police.
I have a bit of feeble blog that I post to when I remember.
I also now do that silly twitter thing. twitter.com/MaggieLDNguide
- Milestones 4,564 photos, 188 members
- Humans of London 4,724 photos, 227 members
- in explore 362,008 photos, 29,988 members
- Clocks from the Street 3,343 photos, 720 members
- Wandsworth London. 119 photos, 6 members
- CANALMANIA 19,327 photos, 926 members
- London Sculptures 4,139 photos, 172 members
- dr cream street art 336 photos, 42 members
- London in Black and White 912 photos, 65 members
- Banksy 23,775 photos, 21,342 members
- Rusty Mailboxes - Make Sure Your Pic Shows the Rust! 2,853 photos, 506 members
- General Enthusiasts - Open House London 2014 Photography Comp 466 photos, 233 members
- Almshouses 880 photos, 79 members
- You Park Like an Asshole 2,053 photos, 574 members
- London: The Square Mile 26,863 photos, 2,860 members
- London by Londoners 285,480 photos, 9,295 members
- The Brunel Museum 106 photos, 27 members
- London Streets 64,519 photos, 7,606 members
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, Politics, and News 464,429 photos, 31,084 members
- Time Out London 62,715 photos, 1,327 members
- The London Underground 2,020 photos, 255 members
- Victorian Engineering 148 photos, 36 members
- Crossrail 531 photos, 58 members
- British History Online 2,353 photos, 147 members
- Putney 801 photos, 82 members
- Londonist 303,363 photos, 7,424 members
- The Home Fallen of the Great War 1914 - 1919 1,686 photos, 39 members
- Little London Observationist 13,766 photos, 225 members
- British War Memorials 3,783 photos, 309 members
- Open House London 4,788 photos, 401 members
- The London Underground... For Enthusiasts! 7,016 photos, 257 members
- VisitEngland 9,554 photos, 483 members
- Unusual Street Names 614 photos, 33 members
- World War I 22,803 photos, 1,077 members
- The Great War Archive Flickr Group 10,167 photos, 767 members
- Transport for London (TFL) 18,508 photos, 376 members
- Military headstones 2,777 photos, 91 members
- Art of Grinling GIBBONS 154 photos, 39 members
- Industrial Heritage At Risk 4,607 photos, 343 members
- Coade Stone 184 photos, 16 members
- British and Irish Workhouses 200 photos, 50 members
- Atheists who love (photographing) churches. 15,029 photos, 411 members
- Painted numbers, names and directions. But Not Advertising. 257 photos, 24 members
- Parish Boundary Markers 1,339 photos, 65 members
- London Black Cabs 5,872 photos, 863 members
- Window Skills 2,028 photos, 117 members
- The Magnificent Seven (London's 7 great Victorian cemeteries) 1,817 photos, 170 members
- London Industrial 1,382 photos, 353 members
- Battersea Past & Present 1,510 photos, 206 members
- ☞ Manicule 1,671 photos, 347 members
"I always enjoy looking at Maggie's photographs, she has the ability to capture everyday life around London very well and make it personal...
Her photos gives you an insight into London that most of us past by without seeing and in years to come will have changed beyond all recognition..."
April 1st, 2008
- Maggie Jones
- February 2007
- London, England
- I am:
- Retired Nurse