I have had a couple people ask me if they could buy an image or if they could use in some manner (wow)
Here is my answer, I have no interest in getting into a commercial arrangement with any of my images, if you like an image that much then feel free to download, all that I ask is that you ask permission, tell me how or why you want to use it and send me a link to the finished product.
I Will not give permission if you want to use just for porn or any other questionable reasons.
55++ years old
just a frustrated "artist" who doesn't know how to draw or paint but try's to show his feelings of life and experience the best way he can.
Most of my insperation comes from a melding of pictures and quotes that have appealed to me.. then the ideas start flowing and evolve to what I produce.
Althouht Photography has been a love for 35+ years because of time allowances I have become obsessed with Digital Art using various tools... this has been a facinating journey during 2009
Doing Photography and digital art for about 35 years, now using Nikon D80 since May.
Relearning all I have forgotton and starting on a new journey of discovery, join me..
*** I have decided to block people who favorite any or my images when they have nothing in thier photostream, I don't have many nudes but it is creepy when they get favorited by people who only collect them and contribute nothing on thier own, if they start sharing then I will be glad to unlblock***
**I apreciate when someone adds me as a contact, but would be nice if you leave a note explaining why!**
I truly believe that....
Hook me up with a great photographer, a clever stylist and an expert retoucher, and together we create a beautiful illusion.
-- Heidi Klum
Art is the imposing of a pattern on experience, and our aesthetic enjoyment is recognition of the pattern.
Alfred North Whitehead (1861 - 1947), Dialogues (1954)
"Photography records the gamut of feelings written on the human face, the beauty of the earth and skies that man has inherited and the wealth and confusion man has created."
Edward Steichen (1879 - 1973)
Times Gone By...
Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen. ~Leonardo da Vinci
I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for. ~Georgia O'Keeffe
Art is your personal diary where you may color your thoughts and emotions on a page. ~Sara, Los Cerros Middle School, 1999
Art is an adventure that never seems to end. ~Jason, Los Cerros Middle School, 1999
What was any art but a mould in which to imprison for a moment the shining elusive element which is life itself - life hurrying past us and running away, too strong to stop, too sweet to lose. ~Willa Cather
A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened. ~Albert Camus
Photos of Maggie-Me (1)
- SURREALART- New challenge is open 5,050 photos, 273 members
- zjf 27,817 photos, 1,060 members
- It's an Addiction (Tutorials and Learning) 8,539 photos, 1,948 members
- Shock of the New!! By Invitation. Comment 2. 65,180 photos, 2,227 members
- Make it Interesting Challenge Group 5,608 photos, 729 members
- Marcus Ranum Models 2,725 photos, 238 members
- Unique:Creations I 83,206 photos, 2,989 members
- Most of disturb minds 5,811 photos, 279 members
- Textures Only (Creative Commons Textures Only) 13,384 photos, 3,987 members
- 88 8 ( SURREAL / CONCEPTUAL / EXPERIMENTAL ) (New adm needed) 3,736 photos, 663 members
- 3D Worlds, Poser, Bryce, Vue, Photoshop, etc. 108,481 photos, 2,784 members
- Grunge Works [ For Grunge Textures ONLY! ] 2,889 photos, 391 members
- PETS PETS & MORE PETS 491 photos, 35 members
- ART UNI STAR - Admin invite only 1,053 photos, 65 members
- Backgrounds ONLY [ Admin Invite ONLY ] 856 photos, 473 members
- THE VISION OF SURREALISM (digitalart) - Admin Invite - P1/C1 948 photos, 185 members
- Art And Pleasure (P1/ C1) No photo please!! 22,122 photos, 942 members
- Max Fudge Award & Excellence Group - Invited & Qualified Photos 23,129 photos, 876 members
- Digital Resonance ~ invite only ~ 11,008 photos, 181 members
- Vision Quality Group (P1/F2/C2) 97,290 photos, 4,665 members
- Starbucks Coffee Company 16,389 photos, 5,381 members
- Artistic Treasure Chest (NO SOOC or SNAP SHOTS) 57,925 photos, 2,499 members
- digital collage art 7,532 photos, 342 members
- Theater of Surreal,Weird and Strange /P1/C1 10,729 photos, 799 members
- The Pyramid (Admin Invite Only) ~Comment 2 9,142 photos, 428 members
- Sail the Seven Seas (Admin invite only)Post1~Award3 35,925 photos, 1,181 members
- The Citadel (Admin Invite) Post 1 / Award 2 5,098 photos, 289 members
- Man Ray 14,330 photos, 4,247 members
- Magic Corner 2,796 photos, 416 members
- FINE ART GALLERY ~ P1-C1 (Admin Invite) 83,658 photos, 4,452 members
- Sorry - group is CLOSED 3,202 photos, 308 members
- This groups is CLOSED 8,014 photos, 1,040 members
- Digital ArtFX2 (Post 1 ~ Award 1) 60,652 photos, 2,492 members
- Textures for Layers 14,933 photos, 16,332 members
- Creative Commons- Free Pictures (no new members!) 14,411 photos, 2,750 members
- *ARTISTIC* Photosworld* 65,260 photos, 1,630 members
- WPC Gallery 3,252 photos, 156 members
- For the Love of Pugs 1,318 photos, 131 members
- Poetry in Stream 949 photos, 186 members
- Poems, Pixels, & Prose! 10,679 photos, 873 members
- Total Photoshop 30,018 photos, 1,731 members
- PHOTOSHOP ART (Celebrating the Art of Photoshop) 233,212 photos, 13,810 members
- Weekly Photoshop Competition ( CLOSED ) 896 photos, 831 members
- Likhang_Sining 8,447 photos, 834 members
- Literary Reference in Pictures: post one, comment one (or two!) 31,961 photos, 1,954 members
- Perpetual Travelers: diaries of journey/Closed to new members 4,804 photos, 131 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Weekend Showcase *OPEN* 4,534,866 photos, 121,847 members
- Creative Photo Group_ BASIC (P1-C3) 575,815 photos, 30,589 members
- Pugography 5,049 photos, 280 members
- Photographic Art 214,842 photos, 5,876 members
- Out of Norm 2 1 photo
- Texture 2 2 photos
- Time 9 photos
- My Backgrounds and Textures 2 photos
- Fine Art II 5 photos
- Free Pictures 2 photos
- Best of WPC II 7 photos
- from my background / texture 2 photos
- Fine Art 2 5 photos
- Out of Norm 2 14 photos
- Abstract 2 photos
- Creative Commons 7 photos
- Pictures to Remember 4 photos
- WPC Nemo 2 6 photos
- WPC Nemo 15 photos
- Fine Art 15 photos
- Out of Norm 13 photos
- Best of WPC 16 photos
- Textures I like 10 photos
FireMane of SC says:
"Joe, for one thing, I would like to thank you for your friendship and kindnesses you have shown me over time here on flickr. You,re a wonderful soul and full of such vision...I only wish I were so gifted. Your works astound me, your humor always gets to me, and shines through your photos of Nemo and Peebee. Your creations make me think about things in such a different way. I think your works should be hung up in galleries everywhere...so many would be thrilled at what you can do. Don't be a "frustrated" artist, because you are an accomplished one. Don't you forget that, either.
Love ya, Joe
March 11th, 2010
Karen Rea says:
"Joe – you’ve given so many of us your time and experience.
I never think it’s an imposition to ask you anything. You make me feel like the time you take is no trouble… that’s a gift. Thank you.
I love the way your photo stream is a combination of the most heart warming shots of Pheebee & Nemo, and many of their predecessors *Maggie was how we met after all*.
Yet the other aspect of your interests is the most amazing digital art… what a strange and wonderful combination! I’m constantly pushing my boundaries after picking up bits and pieces from you Joe. You probably don’t realise how many people you influence.
I’m so grateful for the time you spend on my very ordinary shots with kind comments.
Thank you for the tutorials. Your enthusiasm shows and brushes off on others!
Thanks for sharing bits of your everyday life… and a few of your dreams.
Looking forward to the next chapter.
Your friend from Liverpool – UK
February 2nd, 2008
- May 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken