I'm fairly new to photography - particularly digital photography - and I'm really enjoying it! I started off nearly four years ago by purchasing a budget digital camera - a Kodak EasyShare C713 Zoom camera for around £50 - which is a neat little budget camera.
However after a while it became apparent that I needed a better quality digital camera, and I put out a request for a Panasonic Lumix camera with a wide-angle lens. Eighteen long months passed, and I was very generously given a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ6 digital camera (a fantastic piece of kit with a 25mm wide-angle lens)!
I have Temporal Lobe Epilepsy (TLE) which currently severely restricts my ability to work, and inevitably also affects my ability to actually venture out and about to go and take photographs.
My photography journey began by taking photographs of social housing (both council housing and housing association properties). I am interested in social housing in the UK, partly through having been a social housing tenant myself since December 2004. During this time I've lived in three different social-rented properties; two of them owned and managed by a housing association and the third (and current) owned and managed by the local council.
Along the way I've found myself taking pictures of street signs; electricity meters; intercoms; mountain bikes; a disused factory; you name it I've probably got it somewhere here. I've also taken shots of graffiti and street art, which I've stumbled across on my travels.
From December 2010 to present, I've also been taking photographs of public buildings e.g. a mental health unit, emergency ambulances, and other community organisations such as criminal justice centres, JobCentre offices etc.
I hope you enjoy my Flickr site.
- I'm Unique & creative 14,979 photos, 789 members
- Undertakers, Funeral Parlors, Mortuaries, &c : Everywhere 3,362 photos, 462 members
- Children of The World 122,595 photos, 8,713 members
- Make Roads Safe 88 photos, 34 members
- Camper Vans 10,168 photos, 315 members
- Caravans of love 69 photos, 28 members
- gypsy world 473 photos, 81 members
- Natural Oxfordshire 6,193 photos, 243 members
- Police photos (UK only) 25,757 photos, 1,409 members
- ★~Rainbows~★ 7,728 photos, 2,033 members
- Colour Mania 409,058 photos, 19,788 members
- Odd, Head Scratching, Shots 2,051 photos, 145 members
- Somewhat Strange... 30,219 photos, 830 members
- A different point of view - for photographers 223,120 photos, 4,411 members
- Car Parts and Details 14,112 photos, 463 members
- Hubcaps 694 photos, 54 members
- WarwickshireHER Flickr Project-Imaging our past and present 1,103 photos, 59 members
- Social Landscapes - Unpopulated 6,482 photos, 1,136 members
- Housing & Houses 663 photos, 65 members
- social housing from france and beyond 6,983 photos, 313 members
- Pubs 46,186 photos, 996 members
- Urban Faithscape 768 photos, 98 members
- Abandoned, Neglected, Weathered, or Rusty 497,158 photos, 13,922 members
- Flags, Flags, Flags 14,219 photos, 2,625 members
- Odd Security 60 photos, 41 members
- Buildings - Around the World 128,352 photos, 2,202 members
- Youth culture 5,111 photos, 287 members
- Leamington Looks Back 382 photos, 53 members
- Satellite dishes 716 photos, 217 members
- Derelict UK 33,291 photos, 2,111 members
- House Abandoned 14,072 photos, 870 members
- REAL LIVING 2,347 photos, 259 members
- Pictures of houses 1,763 photos, 121 members
- Solar Energy | Solar Power | Renewable Energy 966 photos, 298 members
- British Isles Emergency Services 127,110 photos, 640 members
- Critical Condition: Health, Medicine, and Survival 4,306 photos, 1,185 members
- ~Everything =^.^= Animal ~ 5,753 photos, 225 members
- Anything Goes No Limits 377,684 photos, 1,643 members
- Anything Emergency UK 35,019 photos, 162 members
- Panasonic Lumix Users 232,167 photos, 3,838 members
- Panasonic Lumix 79,115 photos, 857 members
- Emergency Vehicles 199,853 photos, 1,238 members
- Warwick, England 524 photos, 41 members
- Health Care 8,609 photos, 754 members
- Architectural Paparazzi 20,084 photos, 271 members
- Abandonment & Loneliness 1,700 photos, 78 members
- Public Service / Emergency Vehicles 22,617 photos, 161 members
- NHS England 12,259 photos, 233 members
- Hospitals UK 1,293 photos, 77 members
- Ambulance 43,515 photos, 1,086 members
lydia_shiningbrightly doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- October 2008
- Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
- West Midlands, United Kingdom
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Social Care worker (currently unable to work due to disability)