I'm fairly new to photography - particularly digital photography - and I'm really enjoying it! I started off nearly four years ago by purchasing a budget digital camera - a Kodak EasyShare C713 Zoom camera for around £50 - which is a neat little budget camera.
However after a while it became apparent that I needed a better quality digital camera, and I put out a request for a Panasonic Lumix camera with a wide-angle lens. Eighteen long months passed, and I was very generously given a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ6 digital camera (a fantastic piece of kit with a 25mm wide-angle lens)!
I have Temporal Lobe Epilepsy (TLE) which currently severely restricts my ability to work, and inevitably also affects my ability to actually venture out and about to go and take photographs.
My photography journey began by taking photographs of social housing (both council housing and housing association properties). I am interested in social housing in the UK, partly through having been a social housing tenant myself since December 2004. During this time I've lived in three different social-rented properties; two of them owned and managed by a housing association and the third (and current) owned and managed by the local council.
Along the way I've found myself taking pictures of street signs; electricity meters; intercoms; mountain bikes; a disused factory; you name it I've probably got it somewhere here. I've also taken shots of graffiti and street art, which I've stumbled across on my travels.
From December 2010 to present, I've also been taking photographs of public buildings e.g. a mental health unit, emergency ambulances, and other community organisations such as criminal justice centres, JobCentre offices etc.
I hope you enjoy my Flickr site.
- I'm Unique & creative 13,250 photos, 786 members
- Undertakers, Funeral Parlors, Mortuaries, &c : Everywhere 3,029 photos, 441 members
- Children of The World 91,092 photos, 7,177 members
- Make Roads Safe 55 photos, 30 members
- Camper Vans 4,487 photos, 216 members
- Caravans of love 60 photos, 22 members
- gypsy world 336 photos, 59 members
- Natural Oxfordshire 4,758 photos, 199 members
- Police photos (UK only) 23,366 photos, 1,277 members
- ★~Rainbows~★ 6,664 photos, 1,793 members
- Colour Mania 196,561 photos, 15,265 members
- Odd, Head Scratching, Shots 1,859 photos, 135 members
- Somewhat Strange... 24,728 photos, 805 members
- A different point of view - for photographers 156,398 photos, 4,050 members
- Car Parts and Details 13,005 photos, 440 members
- Hubcaps 901 photos, 47 members
- WarwickshireHER Flickr Project-Imaging our past and present 870 photos, 58 members
- Social Landscapes - Unpopulated 29,556 photos, 813 members
- Housing & Houses 445 photos, 28 members
- social housing from france and beyond 6,637 photos, 292 members
- Pubs 34,804 photos, 835 members
- Urban Faithscape 713 photos, 94 members
- Abandoned, Neglected, Weathered, or Rusty 409,057 photos, 12,237 members
- Flags, Flags, Flags 11,590 photos, 2,458 members
- Odd Security 44 photos, 34 members
- Buildings - Around the World 75,169 photos, 1,698 members
- Youth culture 2,398 photos, 174 members
- Leamington Looks Back 335 photos, 56 members
- Satellite dishes 622 photos, 205 members
- Derelict UK 30,774 photos, 1,837 members
- House Abandoned 9,815 photos, 695 members
- REAL LIVING 2,433 photos, 256 members
- Pictures of houses 853 photos, 70 members
- Solar Energy | Solar Power | Renewable Energy 540 photos, 223 members
- British Isles Emergency Services 86,770 photos, 510 members
- Critical Condition: Health, Medicine, and Survival 3,722 photos, 958 members
- ~Everything =^.^= Animal ~ 3,649 photos, 177 members
- Anything Goes No Limits 157,627 photos, 945 members
- Anything Emergency UK 17,893 photos, 96 members
- Panasonic Lumix Users 180,926 photos, 3,532 members
- Panasonic Lumix 60,327 photos, 750 members
- Emergency Vehicles 129,929 photos, 1,067 members
- Warwick, England 431 photos, 41 members
- Health Care 4,559 photos, 516 members
- Architectural Paparazzi 15,573 photos, 258 members
- Abandonment & Loneliness 964 photos, 67 members
- Public Service / Emergency Vehicles 14,665 photos, 103 members
- NHS England 7,553 photos, 155 members
- Hospitals UK 633 photos, 38 members
- Ambulance 31,394 photos, 920 members
lydia_shiningbrightly doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- October 2008
- Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
- West Midlands, United Kingdom
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Social Care worker (currently unable to work due to disability)