I'm fairly new to photography - particularly digital photography - and I'm really enjoying it! I started off nearly four years ago by purchasing a budget digital camera - a Kodak EasyShare C713 Zoom camera for around £50 - which is a neat little budget camera.
However after a while it became apparent that I needed a better quality digital camera, and I put out a request for a Panasonic Lumix camera with a wide-angle lens. Eighteen long months passed, and I was very generously given a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ6 digital camera (a fantastic piece of kit with a 25mm wide-angle lens)!
I have Temporal Lobe Epilepsy (TLE) which currently severely restricts my ability to work, and inevitably also affects my ability to actually venture out and about to go and take photographs.
My photography journey began by taking photographs of social housing (both council housing and housing association properties). I am interested in social housing in the UK, partly through having been a social housing tenant myself since December 2004. During this time I've lived in three different social-rented properties; two of them owned and managed by a housing association and the third (and current) owned and managed by the local council.
Along the way I've found myself taking pictures of street signs; electricity meters; intercoms; mountain bikes; a disused factory; you name it I've probably got it somewhere here. I've also taken shots of graffiti and street art, which I've stumbled across on my travels.
From December 2010 to present, I've also been taking photographs of public buildings e.g. a mental health unit, emergency ambulances, and other community organisations such as criminal justice centres, JobCentre offices etc.
I hope you enjoy my Flickr site.
- I'm Unique & creative 12,922 photos, 784 members
- Undertakers, Funeral Parlors, Mortuaries, &c : Everywhere 2,973 photos, 434 members
- Children of The World 85,117 photos, 6,911 members
- Make Roads Safe 54 photos, 30 members
- Camper Vans 4,168 photos, 202 members
- Caravans of love 60 photos, 20 members
- gypsy world 329 photos, 57 members
- Natural Oxfordshire 4,640 photos, 197 members
- Police photos (UK only) 23,971 photos, 1,260 members
- ★~Rainbows~★ 6,559 photos, 1,770 members
- Colour Mania 174,906 photos, 14,614 members
- Odd, Head Scratching, Shots 1,768 photos, 134 members
- Somewhat Strange... 23,786 photos, 793 members
- A different point of view - for photographers 147,907 photos, 3,960 members
- Car Parts and Details 12,841 photos, 433 members
- Hubcaps 878 photos, 46 members
- WarwickshireHER Flickr Project-Imaging our past and present 863 photos, 59 members
- Social Landscapes - Unpopulated 26,907 photos, 762 members
- Housing & Houses 447 photos, 24 members
- social housing from france and beyond 5,958 photos, 287 members
- Pubs 33,709 photos, 811 members
- Urban Faithscape 713 photos, 94 members
- Abandoned, Neglected, Weathered, or Rusty 396,520 photos, 11,961 members
- Flags, Flags, Flags 11,190 photos, 2,389 members
- Odd Security 44 photos, 34 members
- Buildings - Around the World 71,482 photos, 1,643 members
- Youth culture 2,039 photos, 153 members
- Leamington Looks Back 297 photos, 55 members
- Satellite dishes 621 photos, 203 members
- Derelict UK 30,401 photos, 1,800 members
- House Abandoned 9,364 photos, 669 members
- REAL LIVING 2,432 photos, 259 members
- Pictures of houses 805 photos, 61 members
- Solar Energy | Solar Power | Renewable Energy 524 photos, 217 members
- British Isles Emergency Services 83,061 photos, 499 members
- Critical Condition: Health, Medicine, and Survival 3,652 photos, 949 members
- ~Everything =^.^= Animal ~ 3,544 photos, 176 members
- Anything Goes No Limits 139,212 photos, 890 members
- Anything Emergency UK 18,403 photos, 93 members
- Panasonic Lumix Users 176,241 photos, 3,503 members
- Panasonic Lumix 58,725 photos, 747 members
- Emergency Vehicles 124,950 photos, 1,046 members
- Warwick, England 399 photos, 38 members
- Health Care 4,508 photos, 507 members
- Architectural Paparazzi 14,383 photos, 253 members
- Abandonment & Loneliness 884 photos, 64 members
- Public Service / Emergency Vehicles 14,281 photos, 99 members
- NHS England 7,222 photos, 149 members
- Hospitals UK 595 photos, 37 members
- Ambulance 30,796 photos, 903 members
lydia_shiningbrightly doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- October 2008
- Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
- West Midlands, United Kingdom
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Social Care worker (currently unable to work due to disability)