I'm fairly new to photography - particularly digital photography - and I'm really enjoying it! I started off nearly four years ago by purchasing a budget digital camera - a Kodak EasyShare C713 Zoom camera for around £50 - which is a neat little budget camera.
However after a while it became apparent that I needed a better quality digital camera, and I put out a request for a Panasonic Lumix camera with a wide-angle lens. Eighteen long months passed, and I was very generously given a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ6 digital camera (a fantastic piece of kit with a 25mm wide-angle lens)!
I have Temporal Lobe Epilepsy (TLE) which currently severely restricts my ability to work, and inevitably also affects my ability to actually venture out and about to go and take photographs.
My photography journey began by taking photographs of social housing (both council housing and housing association properties). I am interested in social housing in the UK, partly through having been a social housing tenant myself since December 2004. During this time I've lived in three different social-rented properties; two of them owned and managed by a housing association and the third (and current) owned and managed by the local council.
Along the way I've found myself taking pictures of street signs; electricity meters; intercoms; mountain bikes; a disused factory; you name it I've probably got it somewhere here. I've also taken shots of graffiti and street art, which I've stumbled across on my travels.
From December 2010 to present, I've also been taking photographs of public buildings e.g. a mental health unit, emergency ambulances, and other community organisations such as criminal justice centres, JobCentre offices etc.
I hope you enjoy my Flickr site.
- I'm Unique & creative 14,269 photos, 791 members
- Undertakers, Funeral Parlors, Mortuaries, &c : Everywhere 3,167 photos, 451 members
- Children of The World 107,093 photos, 7,873 members
- Make Roads Safe 56 photos, 31 members
- Camper Vans 6,230 photos, 248 members
- Caravans of love 63 photos, 25 members
- gypsy world 372 photos, 70 members
- Natural Oxfordshire 5,153 photos, 215 members
- Police photos (UK only) 24,404 photos, 1,338 members
- ★~Rainbows~★ 7,109 photos, 1,906 members
- Colour Mania 279,863 photos, 17,309 members
- Odd, Head Scratching, Shots 2,066 photos, 139 members
- Somewhat Strange... 27,067 photos, 817 members
- A different point of view - for photographers 186,838 photos, 4,269 members
- Car Parts and Details 13,604 photos, 455 members
- Hubcaps 930 photos, 52 members
- WarwickshireHER Flickr Project-Imaging our past and present 914 photos, 59 members
- Social Landscapes - Unpopulated 32,904 photos, 922 members
- Housing & Houses 462 photos, 39 members
- social housing from france and beyond 6,698 photos, 305 members
- Pubs 38,134 photos, 893 members
- Urban Faithscape 737 photos, 95 members
- Abandoned, Neglected, Weathered, or Rusty 446,227 photos, 12,798 members
- Flags, Flags, Flags 12,735 photos, 2,527 members
- Odd Security 43 photos, 34 members
- Buildings - Around the World 94,111 photos, 1,975 members
- Youth culture 3,647 photos, 244 members
- Leamington Looks Back 378 photos, 56 members
- Satellite dishes 639 photos, 211 members
- Derelict UK 32,244 photos, 1,953 members
- House Abandoned 11,248 photos, 758 members
- REAL LIVING 2,457 photos, 262 members
- Pictures of houses 1,039 photos, 84 members
- Solar Energy | Solar Power | Renewable Energy 609 photos, 248 members
- British Isles Emergency Services 98,672 photos, 547 members
- Critical Condition: Health, Medicine, and Survival 3,796 photos, 1,024 members
- ~Everything =^.^= Animal ~ 4,862 photos, 194 members
- Anything Goes No Limits 228,090 photos, 1,220 members
- Anything Emergency UK 23,405 photos, 119 members
- Panasonic Lumix Users 198,548 photos, 3,657 members
- Panasonic Lumix 67,344 photos, 795 members
- Emergency Vehicles 165,586 photos, 1,130 members
- Warwick, England 494 photos, 43 members
- Health Care 5,750 photos, 581 members
- Architectural Paparazzi 19,421 photos, 265 members
- Abandonment & Loneliness 1,091 photos, 69 members
- Public Service / Emergency Vehicles 17,699 photos, 120 members
- NHS England 8,933 photos, 180 members
- Hospitals UK 769 photos, 49 members
- Ambulance 34,094 photos, 979 members
lydia_shiningbrightly doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- October 2008
- Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
- West Midlands, United Kingdom
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Social Care worker (currently unable to work due to disability)