I'm fairly new to photography - particularly digital photography - and I'm really enjoying it! I started off nearly four years ago by purchasing a budget digital camera - a Kodak EasyShare C713 Zoom camera for around £50 - which is a neat little budget camera.
However after a while it became apparent that I needed a better quality digital camera, and I put out a request for a Panasonic Lumix camera with a wide-angle lens. Eighteen long months passed, and I was very generously given a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ6 digital camera (a fantastic piece of kit with a 25mm wide-angle lens)!
I have Temporal Lobe Epilepsy (TLE) which currently severely restricts my ability to work, and inevitably also affects my ability to actually venture out and about to go and take photographs.
My photography journey began by taking photographs of social housing (both council housing and housing association properties). I am interested in social housing in the UK, partly through having been a social housing tenant myself since December 2004. During this time I've lived in three different social-rented properties; two of them owned and managed by a housing association and the third (and current) owned and managed by the local council.
Along the way I've found myself taking pictures of street signs; electricity meters; intercoms; mountain bikes; a disused factory; you name it I've probably got it somewhere here. I've also taken shots of graffiti and street art, which I've stumbled across on my travels.
From December 2010 to present, I've also been taking photographs of public buildings e.g. a mental health unit, emergency ambulances, and other community organisations such as criminal justice centres, JobCentre offices etc.
I hope you enjoy my Flickr site.
- I'm Unique & creative 14,146 photos, 791 members
- Undertakers, Funeral Parlors, Mortuaries, &c : Everywhere 3,121 photos, 449 members
- Children of The World 103,578 photos, 7,697 members
- Make Roads Safe 56 photos, 31 members
- Camper Vans 5,672 photos, 239 members
- Caravans of love 61 photos, 24 members
- gypsy world 360 photos, 68 members
- Natural Oxfordshire 5,058 photos, 210 members
- Police photos (UK only) 24,175 photos, 1,319 members
- ★~Rainbows~★ 6,997 photos, 1,870 members
- Colour Mania 257,973 photos, 16,851 members
- Odd, Head Scratching, Shots 1,986 photos, 139 members
- Somewhat Strange... 26,563 photos, 814 members
- A different point of view - for photographers 179,242 photos, 4,238 members
- Car Parts and Details 13,564 photos, 446 members
- Hubcaps 929 photos, 50 members
- WarwickshireHER Flickr Project-Imaging our past and present 904 photos, 59 members
- Social Landscapes - Unpopulated 31,778 photos, 897 members
- Housing & Houses 462 photos, 38 members
- social housing from france and beyond 6,857 photos, 307 members
- Pubs 37,249 photos, 882 members
- Urban Faithscape 717 photos, 95 members
- Abandoned, Neglected, Weathered, or Rusty 437,691 photos, 12,654 members
- Flags, Flags, Flags 12,426 photos, 2,512 members
- Odd Security 44 photos, 34 members
- Buildings - Around the World 89,594 photos, 1,927 members
- Youth culture 3,345 photos, 226 members
- Leamington Looks Back 376 photos, 56 members
- Satellite dishes 636 photos, 207 members
- Derelict UK 31,638 photos, 1,933 members
- House Abandoned 10,598 photos, 751 members
- REAL LIVING 2,447 photos, 260 members
- Pictures of houses 979 photos, 79 members
- Solar Energy | Solar Power | Renewable Energy 604 photos, 243 members
- British Isles Emergency Services 95,669 photos, 545 members
- Critical Condition: Health, Medicine, and Survival 3,845 photos, 1,008 members
- ~Everything =^.^= Animal ~ 4,221 photos, 187 members
- Anything Goes No Limits 199,790 photos, 1,142 members
- Anything Emergency UK 21,627 photos, 112 members
- Panasonic Lumix Users 193,228 photos, 3,630 members
- Panasonic Lumix 65,064 photos, 780 members
- Emergency Vehicles 146,051 photos, 1,114 members
- Warwick, England 481 photos, 44 members
- Health Care 5,213 photos, 572 members
- Architectural Paparazzi 18,414 photos, 261 members
- Abandonment & Loneliness 1,069 photos, 68 members
- Public Service / Emergency Vehicles 16,708 photos, 113 members
- NHS England 8,546 photos, 175 members
- Hospitals UK 751 photos, 45 members
- Ambulance 33,416 photos, 964 members
lydia_shiningbrightly doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- October 2008
- Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
- West Midlands, United Kingdom
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Social Care worker (currently unable to work due to disability)