I like capturing what I see, using whatever camera, pencil or pen I have in that moment.
It-is-what-it-is, a moment played out. My photographic and drawing diary.
This is a list of books that have helped me with my photography and drawing:
The Backpacker's Photography Handbook by Charles Campbell.
Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson.
Exposure by Chris Weston.
Simple Art of Black & White Photography by Lee Frost.
The Genius of Photography - How photography has changed our lives by Gerry Badger (BBC Books)
Mindfulness & the Art of Drawing by Wendy Ann Greenhalgh.
Sketch! The non-artist's guide to inspiration, technique, and drawing daily life by France Bellevilk-Van Stone.
To inspire me I have a few National Geographic Books. PHOTOGRAPHS Then & Now, The Life of a Photograph by Sam Abeli and one just called: The PHOTOGRAPHS. Also Photography Field Guide, Secrets to making great pictures. This is an old book mainly talking about film camaras but techniques don't change. It has some great stories at the back about National Geographic photographers. Used copies on Amazon £3/4, bargain.
"It is the photogapher, not just his camera, that catches the moment". Gilbert M. Grosvenor President & Chairman, National Geographic Society.
Not forgetting The English Artist John Constable for his landscapes and wonderful perfect clouds.
Stock photography by Kim Freeman at Alamy Click here to search
Subjects: beekeeping, jaguar, for hire, taxi, blackberries, beach, festival, Shelley Manor, RNLI, Borough Market, Buddha, Worthing, Gas Works, Barclays Cycle Hire, Nigella Damascena, Paris, France, Food, Fontaine du Palmier-Paris, shipwrecks, shipwreck, shopping trolleys, Mercury, bucket and spade, Sacre-Coeur basilica in Montmartre, female blackbird, blackbird, mayday, sunrise, lindisfarne, groyne, surf, surfer, sunrise, steam trains, kimmeridge bay, knotted wrack, seaweed, beadlet anemone, limpet, barnacle, beach huts, beach scenes, lady's bowls, sepia, Chimney, Trumans Brewery, frog, frogs, union jack, union flag
Find me on Twitter @kimfreemanguide
Links I like:
Kimmeridge Bay Tides-Weather
History of Hoxton
Don McCullin - Seeking the light
Nick Cobbing pictures of Ice
Search Creative Commons
How Digital Cameras Work
LX2 my little wonder
Weather. . . .
Tide Tables. . . .
Sunset. . .
Phases of the Moon
I like to walk and take pictures here
If you need a Calm Moment Watch This
- London 1,134,132 photos, 37,161 members
- Rangefinder Cameras 321,380 photos, 8,624 members
- CANONET mon amour 27,752 photos, 10,040 members
- Perfect Imperfections on FILM 55,404 photos, 1,272 members
- GoPro Greats 13,486 photos, 2,266 members
- Be a Hero - GoPro 25,758 photos, 3,857 members
- Oxfords Contemporary Architecture 907 photos, 42 members
- Oxford 54,251 photos, 3,624 members
- Londonist 427,528 photos, 8,499 members
- Flickr Inktober 2018 4,147 photos, 715 members
- MOUNTAIN 195,368 photos, 13,171 members
- CANALBOAT WORLD 9,819 photos, 598 members
- Caffenol 30,183 photos, 3,497 members
- Your Best Shot 2017 5,815 photos, 7,471 members
- Cetacean Cousins Photo Library 881 photos, 54 members
- A STATUE..PLAQUES 7,629 photos, 243 members
- London Streets 138,914 photos, 12,688 members
- I Love Black and White! 2,269,173 photos, 71,819 members
- Canon EF-S 10-18mm F/4.5-5.6 IS STM 38,223 photos, 3,856 members
- I draw, so what? 15,813 photos, 695 members
- the skies above 12,283 photos, 25,112 members
- Cambridge 62,431 photos, 3,411 members
- Sketches 165,517 photos, 7,262 members
- Only Blues 1,394 photos, 52 members
- Draw everything 89,519 photos, 2,334 members
- pen and ink drawings 91,093 photos, 4,451 members
- Let's draw and share ideas 625 photos, 18 members
- Pentax 645,645N,645NⅡ and 645D 28,917 photos, 1,873 members
- Olympus Trip 35 51,763 photos, 7,368 members
- History is All Around Us 202,109 photos, 4,388 members
- UK South Coast Locations 14,794 photos, 381 members
- Signifying the Whale 1,413 photos, 149 members
- CANON DSLR EXPERIENCE - (TR) - 882,465 photos, 5,909 members
- *I Love the Ocean/Sea* (No People Shots, Ocean Only) 58,130 photos, 6,826 members
- #Flickr12Days 79,651 photos, 9,150 members
- Amazing London 36,189 photos, 1,133 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 374,550 photos, 23,773 members
- The Daily Post 364,955 photos, 4,995 members
- Medium Format (120/220 film only) 809,854 photos, 37,270 members
- 6x6 -B&W- *120Film ONLY* NOT toycamera, pinhole & polaroid 129,374 photos, 6,583 members
- Film is not Dead!! 2,300,741 photos, 45,611 members
- AutoCord 11,357 photos, 1,066 members
- Do It Yourself Black & White 423,821 photos, 11,303 members
- Black and White Film 646,217 photos, 14,798 members
- Phototypesetting 449 photos, 80 members
- What's your angle, buddy? 904,351 photos, 43,573 members
- Panasonic LX2 22,695 photos, 993 members
- be Poladroid ! 76,512 photos, 20,605 members
- Canon EOS 7D Owners 608,052 photos, 11,431 members
- Hackney Conservation 7,278 photos, 195 members
"hoxtonboy has such a good eye for composition, lighting, framing - the whole thing really. He's taught me so much about photography, but even so, we can be standing next to each other, taking pictures of the same scene - he takes one that turns out to be a gem, I take ten, all of which are pants.
Oh, and on top of all this, he's a fabulous husband!"
June 17th, 2007
- Kim Freeman
- September 2006
- Always a Londoner
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Professional Tour Guide