I'm Ana Luísa, but most people call me Lu. I'm 31 years old and I'm from Porto, Portugal.
I'm a self-portrait artist and fine-art wedding photographer; I'm passionate and loud and I mostly likely won't apologize for it. My academics revolve around Conservation and Restoration of Art, Art History and Art Management, but photography is my source of joy and fulfillment — it's what I do for a living.
My favorite kind of work is conceptual/ fine-art, but I also photograph events, do portrait sessions for couples, families and anyone who wishes for them! I'm willing to travel, so if you're interested on hiring me, just send me a message!
Please DO NOT take any of my pictures without my previous consent. Do no use them to make any kind of graphics (icons, banners) without my previous authorization. Do not post them on tumblr or any other blogging tool without my consent and proper credit. Do not edit them in any way. My work is finished when I say it's finished, and you're not allowed to tweak it.
Please DO NOT instagram my photos without my consent.
Please DO NOT post my pictures on weheartit.com. I've come to realize that it removes the proper credit, and everything I see of mine in there I will report — both the entry and the user.
Also, please do not tag me in photos in which I did not actively participate. If you tag me in a photo that has nothing to do with me (simply for me to see it) I will most likely erase the tag and go on with my life, no second look. If you'd like me to take a look at your work, just message me and I'll do my best to be able to do it.
I've been asked this by several people: my source for textures. I use a few by the lovely pareeerica and some others are of my own making. I don't normally post mine, but check out her work — it's amazing!
Also, credit for other textures I've used:
If you'd like to buy prints of my photos, or iphone cases and other merchandise, please visit my Society6 store. If there's a photo you'd like to see in print but isn't up for sale, let me know through PM and I'll try to put it up for you!
Luminous Photography at Society6
Thank you for visiting my profile! I love talking to people, so feel free to message me and I'll do my best to get back to you as soon as I can!
Also, if you add me as a contact and wish for me to add you back, message me! I don't add back everyone who adds me, so if you'd like me to, let me know!
Ana Luísa Pinto [Luminous Photography]'s favorite photos from other Flickr members (1,937)
- Photo Advent Calendar 2015 24 photos, 30 members
- Let's Get Creative 1,898 photos, 1,303 members
- grateful daily 1,126 photos, 297 members
- Portfolio Explore 110,573 photos, 4,142 members
- Colaboração: Poetas Portugueses 2 photos, 8 members
- Amazing Self-portraits/Auto-portraits on Flickr 221 photos, 940 members
- SELF-PORTRAIT 224,706 photos, 18,079 members
- Self-Portrait Café (SPC) 52,433 photos, 5,629 members
- Dazed and Confused - New Photographer Search 920,170 photos, 31,839 members
- Full of Life 7,901 photos, 1,112 members
- Conceptual photography 491,380 photos, 21,115 members
- JoyYum 2,934 photos, 141 members
- Underwater Portraiture 8,750 photos, 2,515 members
- Item Collaboration 1,533 photos, 255 members
- 365 Days: Rejects 13,408 photos, 788 members
- 365 Explored 11,797 photos, 1,490 members
- Dramatic Photos And Could be Movie Stills 92 photos, 30 members
- The Director's Cut 350 photos, 79 members
- Fake Movie Stills 3,605 photos, 181 members
- Cinemagraphs 1,064 photos, 939 members
- This is what we love 77,531 photos, 1,865 members
- 100 days of summer 2011 344 photos, 19 members
- That's Nice Photography 4,956 photos, 167 members
- the world i see 285,723 photos, 4,148 members
- Fluster Magazine - www.flustermagazine.com 99,550 photos, 1,950 members
- Freelensers 10,548 photos, 288 members
- Freelensing 10,007 photos, 3,567 members
- The Loose Lens - Freelensing 1,547 photos, 347 members
- PhotoDonuts 109,189 photos, 3,256 members
- Creative Writing 4,481 photos, 554 members
- 30 Day Photography Challenge 1,371 photos, 240 members
- FlickrCentral 9,287,583 photos, 277,950 members
- Flickritis: Where 81,000 people are still happily infected! 6,936,043 photos, 81,451 members
- Banque† 2,768 photos, 246 members
- little dreamers 381 photos, 621 members
- Selfie Squared 22,051 photos, 2,723 members
- Dogs! Dogs! Dogs! 1,085,560 photos, 130,237 members
- Puppy Love 51,280 photos, 5,930 members
- Just Puppies! 34,044 photos, 4,691 members
- Dogs & Puppies & Cats! 9,938 photos, 1,042 members
- Project 52x : 2011 556 photos, 41 members
- FOCUS-52 - Now Closed. Thanks everybody for a perfect 2 years! 4,637 photos, 315 members
- Nifty Fifty Friday 14,078 photos, 2,455 members
- Grain Lovers 3,155 photos, 144 members
- Details de PARIS 52,997 photos, 2,120 members
- Paris street photography - photos de rues 3,725 photos, 4,411 members
- Paris 442,466 photos, 49,794 members
- Paris B&W (rules apply) 81,503 photos, 10,904 members
- Portugrafia 60,564 photos, 1,215 members
- nanowrimo 5,373 photos, 2,013 members
"Lu is one of the most amazing people i know,not only as a photographer,but as an artist,person and friend. She amazes me with every single new shoot,she goes from 8 to 80 in a blink of an eye and she will never let you down on your expectation of what else can make you marvelled in her work. She photographs with passion,and as i have the chance and honor to work with her several times,i can honestly say that she's a force of nature, she loves what she does and she is never happy with less,she will always want more, better and much more beautiful. I look up to you,Lu,you know that,and you're one of my role models, inspirations, most brilliant friend and when you doubt of yourself remember of what you told me once 'I am a good photographer'!"
May 4th, 2011
"Ana is amazing. She always manages to create these incredible tones in her pictures. Her entire stream is beautiful. She's also incredibly stunning and so sweet. I love how she can take something so simple and make it beautiful. She's an amazing contact and I know she can go so far if she continues with this."
November 24th, 2010
rosa joy says:
"Lu, you promised me a print of my choice and so today I went through your entire photostream. I've followed your work for months now, and your uploads are always beautiful, but looking at page after page of your work this afternoon left me speechless.
Your photographs remind me of sun-drenched afternoons and sleepy holidays. You have the most amazing gift of being able to capture tiny, real moments and make them into art. The way you see the world, and the way you capture and share it, are beautiful, and I hope this next year is as sunny as the last."
September 22nd, 2010
nikki chicoine. says:
"your work is stunning, you always capture such beauty and you have a great talent in photography. you have an individual style that suites you best. :)) keep up the great work girl."
June 19th, 2010
- Ana Luísa Pinto
- March 2008
- Porto, Portugal
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Photographer and Writer
- Luminous Photography