Prints are available for most of my photos (excluding January-March 2006). Please contact me if you are interested for sizes and pricing.
It was twenty-eight years ago that I was given a Polaroid camera. I spent the following years photographing my surroundings -- everything from the bike in my backyard to portraits of my relatives.
Beauty can be found in even the most unexpected places. The business districts are filled with slick advertising and crass commercialism. Sometimes the structure that holds the advertising of our time holds more inherent interest than the message it bugles to the masses. And these are like private discoveries, until the the click of my camera. Here there are quiet moments of beauty.
You just need to know where to look.
Nikkor AF-S 24-70mm f2.8 G ED
Nikkor AF 50mm f/1.4D
Nikkor AF-S VR 16-35mm f4G ED
Nikkor Micro AF-S VR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED
DIY Cosmetic Surgery essay.
- Alt Adelaide 1,411 photos, 50 members
- bitches brew | NO PEOPLE!!! 399,338 photos, 4,328 members
- Adelaide's Shutter Bugs 159 photos, 9 members
- Flickr Friday 32,517 photos, 37,624 members
- Svärta (http://svrta.org) 119,088 photos, 3,010 members
- A Stop 13,428 photos, 2,116 members
- Ministract 38,025 photos, 1,123 members
- Port Adelaide character 2,316 photos, 109 members
- Landscapist 2,130 photos, 1,316 members
- Eins 154 photos, 177 members
- Mossless 10,288 photos, 3,601 members
- nofound - new photographers search! 13,173 photos, 5,277 members
- Dazed and Confused - New Photographer Search 952,202 photos, 31,868 members
- Colour Chart 3,198 photos, 1,980 members
- Imaginary Zine 1,611 photos, 2,043 members
- triangletriangle.com secret submission society 153,829 photos, 6,011 members
- HUH. Submissions 416,905 photos, 11,843 members
- ★★★Shutter Bug - Tips & Tricks★★★ 1,771,345 photos, 28,645 members
- haphazart! Abstractions 115,625 photos, 3,872 members
- Melbourne 171,706 photos, 7,670 members
- Great Ocean Road, Victoria 6,325 photos, 806 members
- Urban Urban Urban 374,093 photos, 7,143 members
- altfotonet.org 13,338 photos, 221 members
- 3:1 Landscape 20,610 photos, 2,619 members
- A natural landscapes photo group (please read the rules) 208,848 photos, 12,427 members
- Minimalist Landscapes: take the long view! 23,164 photos, 38,354 members
- Landscapes of Australia (Natural Inland) 50,755 photos, 3,766 members
- Your Design City 760 photos, 785 members
- Cloudporn 277,425 photos, 43,887 members
- WALLS Only WALLS ! 29,363 photos, 6,575 members
- !!Hands, Claws and All Kinds of Paws!! 28,442 photos, 5,663 members
- MACRO MONDAYS 133,482 photos, 12,502 members
- Beauty In the Mundane 72,628 photos, 988 members
- COLOR Street (curatimus maximus) 6,794 photos, 3,717 members
- talk of the town 264 photos, 40 members
- > Musée de la Sculpture Trouvée < 12,829 photos, 605 members
- Adelaide Hills 5,666 photos, 400 members
- domestic spaces/human traces 874 photos, 580 members
- 100 Strangers 49,220 photos, 11,681 members
- Australian Macro Photography 9,118 photos, 319 members
- Gestalt Manifesto 187 photos, 36 members
- urban poetry 243,783 photos, 7,049 members
- church on fire 2,071 photos, 111 members
- Fanfare to the Common Thing 1,176 photos, 58 members
- Urbex :: Urban Exploration 358,902 photos, 12,298 members
- urban explorers 308,218 photos, 10,477 members
- Machinescapes 4,458 photos, 439 members
- Top 12 images that define YOU! 717 photos, 540 members
- What I see when looking upwards 644 photos, 45 members
- Look Down 1,459 photos, 218 members
"It's difficult to speak about someone like Jay, let alone when following such line of wondrous artists who wrote before me. But after travelling through her photographic world from the beginning to the end of her huge collection - and haven't I told you how prolific she can be? - the task is lighter than it'd seem to one just arriving here with the little I've seen from her in the past. Then I know I have to speak about the world of a person who's laid it bare for us to see. The world of the uncanny common, of the gracious animals, of the mundane clotheslines of the tiresome chores, of the fragil self-esteem of women dazed in an age of so many beauty demands, standarts and patterns. The world of the odd wrecks, of the buildings in perspective, of the old backyards, of the giveaways, of the exquisite vegetation all around her that transports one to her everyday life. A life that being common, never leaves you without the touch of the fantastic, be it the fantastic of the things forsaken or the moments of joy and light. My friends, this is no ordinary art."
March 15th, 2006
"jay is an inspiration to me, both personally and photographically. she portrays creativity and strength in a person i know very little of. her photos are always crisp and clean with well thought out concepts and execution. she has an uncanny ability to see and capture simple things with her eyes and camera, making them fresh and new -- while then having the ability to deliver that vision clearly.
March 9th, 2006
"Jay is one person who I can truly say portrays so much of her love of life in her work. She is a beautiful, strong, caring woman, and her love of art & photography inspires me to no end. Her unique style combined with her wonderful ability to make the ordinary look interesting has made her stand out from the crowd.
Much love for the Jaybird :o)"
October 21st, 2005
adriano zanni says:
"Who is Jay?
She's a very sensible girls whith a great poetical sense of photography. She love colors, and the colors are very happy to meet Jay.
Enjoy with her lovely shots."
June 27th, 2005
"Jay has a fantastic, instinctive sense of composition and design. Even better, however, is her exceptional use of colour, which can make the most mundane object appear extraordinary. There is something for everybody to fall in love with in Jay's photographic collection."
June 25th, 2005
"Jay has a way of making ordinary, everyday scenes look like nothing you've ever seen! Her use of saturated color gives her photos a signature look, and her eye for interesting subject matter never ceases to intigue me. She's even inspired me to do some urban photography of my own!"
May 20th, 2005
"Jay is an outstanding friend who is always happy to see you get excited, even about the little things. I am proud to be watching her developing her fantastic foto skills :D"
May 14th, 2005
- Janet Leadbeater
- February 2005
- Adelaide, Australia
- I am:
- Female and Taken