Prints are available for most of my photos (excluding January-March 2006). Please contact me if you are interested for sizes and pricing.
It was twenty-eight years ago that I was given a Polaroid camera. I spent the following years photographing my surroundings -- everything from the bike in my backyard to portraits of my relatives.
Beauty can be found in even the most unexpected places. The business districts are filled with slick advertising and crass commercialism. Sometimes the structure that holds the advertising of our time holds more inherent interest than the message it bugles to the masses. And these are like private discoveries, until the the click of my camera. Here there are quiet moments of beauty.
You just need to know where to look.
Nikkor AF-S 24-70mm f2.8 G ED
Nikkor AF 50mm f/1.4D
Nikkor AF-S VR 16-35mm f4G ED
Nikkor Micro AF-S VR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED
DIY Cosmetic Surgery essay.
- Alt Adelaide + South Australia 1,510 photos, 52 members
- bitches brew | NO PEOPLE!!! 426,296 photos, 4,302 members
- Adelaide's Shutter Bugs 159 photos, 9 members
- Flickr Friday 41,389 photos, 41,735 members
- Svärta (http://svrta.org) 122,985 photos, 2,969 members
- A Stop 13,078 photos, 2,079 members
- Ministract 37,485 photos, 1,092 members
- Port Adelaide character 2,265 photos, 111 members
- Landscapist 2,054 photos, 1,300 members
- Eins 151 photos, 172 members
- Mossless 9,994 photos, 3,507 members
- nofound - new photographers search! 12,928 photos, 5,243 members
- Dazed and Confused - New Photographer Search 922,760 photos, 31,787 members
- Colour Chart 3,127 photos, 1,939 members
- Imaginary Zine 1,594 photos, 2,017 members
- triangletriangle.com secret submission society 155,740 photos, 5,951 members
- HUH. Submissions 441,116 photos, 11,748 members
- ★★★Shutter Bug - Tips & Tricks★★★ 1,811,848 photos, 28,690 members
- haphazart! Abstractions 119,899 photos, 3,927 members
- Melbourne 174,997 photos, 7,654 members
- Great Ocean Road, Victoria 6,379 photos, 827 members
- Urban Urban Urban 405,882 photos, 7,531 members
- altfotonet.org 14,268 photos, 223 members
- 3:1 Landscape 20,683 photos, 2,581 members
- Natural landscapes only (please read the rules) 205,871 photos, 12,335 members
- Minimalist Landscapes: take the long view! 24,058 photos, 38,933 members
- Landscapes of Australia (Natural Inland) 52,859 photos, 3,816 members
- Cloudporn 268,108 photos, 44,766 members
- WALLS Only WALLS ! 28,733 photos, 6,441 members
- !!Hands, Claws and All Kinds of Paws!! 28,447 photos, 5,651 members
- MACRO MONDAYS 170,396 photos, 14,156 members
- Beauty In the Mundane 80,413 photos, 1,100 members
- COLOR Street (curatimus maximus) 8,246 photos, 4,040 members
- talk of the town 260 photos, 37 members
- > Musée de la Sculpture Trouvée < 12,556 photos, 615 members
- Adelaide Hills 6,043 photos, 407 members
- domestic spaces/human traces 849 photos, 570 members
- 100 Strangers 49,371 photos, 11,770 members
- Australian Macro Photography 9,758 photos, 324 members
- Gestalt Manifesto 236 photos, 36 members
- urban poetry 259,499 photos, 7,308 members
- church on fire 2,054 photos, 110 members
- Fanfare to the Common Thing 1,229 photos, 61 members
- Urbex :: Urban Exploration 376,953 photos, 12,500 members
- urban explorers 322,567 photos, 10,598 members
- Machinescapes 4,569 photos, 434 members
- Top 12 images that define YOU! 707 photos, 535 members
- What I see when looking upwards 640 photos, 45 members
- Look Down 1,446 photos, 218 members
- The Common Threads Project 333 photos, 117 members
- Teaming with life II 5 photos
- Tied 1 photo
- Oddities 9 photos
- Black and white 4 photos
- Animal life 10 photos
- The chairs 2 photos
- Landscape, but not as you know it 13 photos
- The reds 7 photos
- Glory 2 photos
- Minimal 7 photos
- Colour space 7 photos
- The ugly truth 3 photos
- Teaming with life 13 photos
- The man's work 18 photos
"It's difficult to speak about someone like Jay, let alone when following such line of wondrous artists who wrote before me. But after travelling through her photographic world from the beginning to the end of her huge collection - and haven't I told you how prolific she can be? - the task is lighter than it'd seem to one just arriving here with the little I've seen from her in the past. Then I know I have to speak about the world of a person who's laid it bare for us to see. The world of the uncanny common, of the gracious animals, of the mundane clotheslines of the tiresome chores, of the fragil self-esteem of women dazed in an age of so many beauty demands, standarts and patterns. The world of the odd wrecks, of the buildings in perspective, of the old backyards, of the giveaways, of the exquisite vegetation all around her that transports one to her everyday life. A life that being common, never leaves you without the touch of the fantastic, be it the fantastic of the things forsaken or the moments of joy and light. My friends, this is no ordinary art."
March 15th, 2006
"jay is an inspiration to me, both personally and photographically. she portrays creativity and strength in a person i know very little of. her photos are always crisp and clean with well thought out concepts and execution. she has an uncanny ability to see and capture simple things with her eyes and camera, making them fresh and new -- while then having the ability to deliver that vision clearly.
March 9th, 2006
"Jay is one person who I can truly say portrays so much of her love of life in her work. She is a beautiful, strong, caring woman, and her love of art & photography inspires me to no end. Her unique style combined with her wonderful ability to make the ordinary look interesting has made her stand out from the crowd.
Much love for the Jaybird :o)"
October 21st, 2005
adriano zanni says:
"Who is Jay?
She's a very sensible girls whith a great poetical sense of photography. She love colors, and the colors are very happy to meet Jay.
Enjoy with her lovely shots."
June 27th, 2005
"Jay has a fantastic, instinctive sense of composition and design. Even better, however, is her exceptional use of colour, which can make the most mundane object appear extraordinary. There is something for everybody to fall in love with in Jay's photographic collection."
June 25th, 2005
"Jay has a way of making ordinary, everyday scenes look like nothing you've ever seen! Her use of saturated color gives her photos a signature look, and her eye for interesting subject matter never ceases to intigue me. She's even inspired me to do some urban photography of my own!"
May 20th, 2005
"Jay is an outstanding friend who is always happy to see you get excited, even about the little things. I am proud to be watching her developing her fantastic foto skills :D"
May 14th, 2005
- Janet Leadbeater
- February 2005
- Adelaide, Australia
- I am:
- Female and Taken