Prints are available for most of my photos (excluding January-March 2006). Please contact me if you are interested for sizes and pricing.
It was twenty-eight years ago that I was given a Polaroid camera. I spent the following years photographing my surroundings -- everything from the bike in my backyard to portraits of my relatives.
Beauty can be found in even the most unexpected places. The business districts are filled with slick advertising and crass commercialism. Sometimes the structure that holds the advertising of our time holds more inherent interest than the message it bugles to the masses. And these are like private discoveries, until the the click of my camera. Here there are quiet moments of beauty.
You just need to know where to look.
Nikkor AF-S 24-70mm f2.8 G ED
Nikkor AF 50mm f/1.4D
Nikkor AF-S VR 16-35mm f4G ED
Nikkor Micro AF-S VR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED
DIY Cosmetic Surgery essay.
- Alt Adelaide 1,450 photos, 51 members
- bitches brew | NO PEOPLE!!! 413,017 photos, 4,314 members
- Adelaide's Shutter Bugs 159 photos, 9 members
- Flickr Friday 36,702 photos, 40,868 members
- Svärta (http://svrta.org) 122,865 photos, 3,018 members
- A Stop 13,357 photos, 2,102 members
- Ministract 38,370 photos, 1,116 members
- Port Adelaide character 2,308 photos, 109 members
- Landscapist 2,083 photos, 1,313 members
- Eins 151 photos, 177 members
- Mossless 10,123 photos, 3,580 members
- nofound - new photographers search! 13,043 photos, 5,270 members
- Dazed and Confused - New Photographer Search 965,436 photos, 31,934 members
- Colour Chart 3,185 photos, 1,969 members
- Imaginary Zine 1,596 photos, 2,035 members
- triangletriangle.com secret submission society 155,783 photos, 6,010 members
- HUH. Submissions 426,093 photos, 11,863 members
- ★★★Shutter Bug - Tips & Tricks★★★ 1,813,595 photos, 28,730 members
- haphazart! Abstractions 117,840 photos, 3,917 members
- Melbourne 173,352 photos, 7,681 members
- Great Ocean Road, Victoria 6,394 photos, 818 members
- Urban Urban Urban 394,333 photos, 7,351 members
- altfotonet.org 13,707 photos, 223 members
- 3:1 Landscape 20,730 photos, 2,611 members
- Natural landscapes only (please read the rules) 207,185 photos, 12,333 members
- Minimalist Landscapes: take the long view! 23,896 photos, 38,791 members
- Landscapes of Australia (Natural Inland) 51,816 photos, 3,801 members
- Your Design City 756 photos, 782 members
- Cloudporn 275,268 photos, 44,371 members
- WALLS Only WALLS ! 29,244 photos, 6,547 members
- !!Hands, Claws and All Kinds of Paws!! 28,621 photos, 5,669 members
- MACRO MONDAYS 151,594 photos, 13,495 members
- Beauty In the Mundane 76,831 photos, 1,033 members
- COLOR Street (curatimus maximus) 7,171 photos, 3,853 members
- talk of the town 264 photos, 39 members
- > Musée de la Sculpture Trouvée < 12,839 photos, 614 members
- Adelaide Hills 5,761 photos, 402 members
- domestic spaces/human traces 866 photos, 581 members
- 100 Strangers 49,387 photos, 11,747 members
- Australian Macro Photography 9,507 photos, 322 members
- Gestalt Manifesto 204 photos, 36 members
- urban poetry 254,648 photos, 7,162 members
- church on fire 2,054 photos, 111 members
- Fanfare to the Common Thing 1,213 photos, 58 members
- Urbex :: Urban Exploration 369,524 photos, 12,445 members
- urban explorers 316,271 photos, 10,551 members
- Machinescapes 4,565 photos, 439 members
- Top 12 images that define YOU! 716 photos, 537 members
- What I see when looking upwards 644 photos, 45 members
- Look Down 1,490 photos, 220 members
- Teaming with life II 5 photos
- Tied 1 photo
- Oddities 9 photos
- Black and white 4 photos
- Animal life 10 photos
- The chairs 2 photos
- Landscape, but not as you know it 13 photos
- The reds 7 photos
- Glory 2 photos
- Minimal 7 photos
- Colour space 7 photos
- The ugly truth 3 photos
- Teaming with life 13 photos
- The man's work 18 photos
"It's difficult to speak about someone like Jay, let alone when following such line of wondrous artists who wrote before me. But after travelling through her photographic world from the beginning to the end of her huge collection - and haven't I told you how prolific she can be? - the task is lighter than it'd seem to one just arriving here with the little I've seen from her in the past. Then I know I have to speak about the world of a person who's laid it bare for us to see. The world of the uncanny common, of the gracious animals, of the mundane clotheslines of the tiresome chores, of the fragil self-esteem of women dazed in an age of so many beauty demands, standarts and patterns. The world of the odd wrecks, of the buildings in perspective, of the old backyards, of the giveaways, of the exquisite vegetation all around her that transports one to her everyday life. A life that being common, never leaves you without the touch of the fantastic, be it the fantastic of the things forsaken or the moments of joy and light. My friends, this is no ordinary art."
March 15th, 2006
"jay is an inspiration to me, both personally and photographically. she portrays creativity and strength in a person i know very little of. her photos are always crisp and clean with well thought out concepts and execution. she has an uncanny ability to see and capture simple things with her eyes and camera, making them fresh and new -- while then having the ability to deliver that vision clearly.
March 9th, 2006
"Jay is one person who I can truly say portrays so much of her love of life in her work. She is a beautiful, strong, caring woman, and her love of art & photography inspires me to no end. Her unique style combined with her wonderful ability to make the ordinary look interesting has made her stand out from the crowd.
Much love for the Jaybird :o)"
October 21st, 2005
adriano zanni says:
"Who is Jay?
She's a very sensible girls whith a great poetical sense of photography. She love colors, and the colors are very happy to meet Jay.
Enjoy with her lovely shots."
June 27th, 2005
"Jay has a fantastic, instinctive sense of composition and design. Even better, however, is her exceptional use of colour, which can make the most mundane object appear extraordinary. There is something for everybody to fall in love with in Jay's photographic collection."
June 25th, 2005
"Jay has a way of making ordinary, everyday scenes look like nothing you've ever seen! Her use of saturated color gives her photos a signature look, and her eye for interesting subject matter never ceases to intigue me. She's even inspired me to do some urban photography of my own!"
May 20th, 2005
"Jay is an outstanding friend who is always happy to see you get excited, even about the little things. I am proud to be watching her developing her fantastic foto skills :D"
May 14th, 2005
- Janet Leadbeater
- February 2005
- Adelaide, Australia
- I am:
- Female and Taken