Prints are available for most of my photos (excluding January-March 2006). Please contact me if you are interested for sizes and pricing.
It was twenty-eight years ago that I was given a Polaroid camera. I spent the following years photographing my surroundings -- everything from the bike in my backyard to portraits of my relatives.
Beauty can be found in even the most unexpected places. The business districts are filled with slick advertising and crass commercialism. Sometimes the structure that holds the advertising of our time holds more inherent interest than the message it bugles to the masses. And these are like private discoveries, until the the click of my camera. Here there are quiet moments of beauty.
You just need to know where to look.
Nikkor AF-S 24-70mm f2.8 G ED
Nikkor AF 50mm f/1.4D
Nikkor AF-S VR 16-35mm f4G ED
Nikkor Micro AF-S VR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED
DIY Cosmetic Surgery essay.
- Alt Adelaide 1,481 photos, 51 members
- bitches brew | NO PEOPLE!!! 424,223 photos, 4,318 members
- Adelaide's Shutter Bugs 159 photos, 9 members
- Flickr Friday 39,847 photos, 41,326 members
- Svärta (http://svrta.org) 122,462 photos, 2,993 members
- A Stop 13,259 photos, 2,095 members
- Ministract 38,092 photos, 1,098 members
- Port Adelaide character 2,270 photos, 108 members
- Landscapist 2,070 photos, 1,307 members
- Eins 152 photos, 174 members
- Mossless 10,084 photos, 3,544 members
- nofound - new photographers search! 13,006 photos, 5,260 members
- Dazed and Confused - New Photographer Search 923,078 photos, 31,847 members
- Colour Chart 3,154 photos, 1,952 members
- Imaginary Zine 1,595 photos, 2,028 members
- triangletriangle.com secret submission society 156,517 photos, 5,983 members
- HUH. Submissions 433,611 photos, 11,799 members
- ★★★Shutter Bug - Tips & Tricks★★★ 1,801,098 photos, 28,693 members
- haphazart! Abstractions 119,620 photos, 3,912 members
- Melbourne 174,194 photos, 7,654 members
- Great Ocean Road, Victoria 6,441 photos, 825 members
- Urban Urban Urban 400,542 photos, 7,427 members
- altfotonet.org 13,834 photos, 224 members
- 3:1 Landscape 20,758 photos, 2,588 members
- Natural landscapes only (please read the rules) 205,287 photos, 12,308 members
- Minimalist Landscapes: take the long view! 24,198 photos, 38,828 members
- Landscapes of Australia (Natural Inland) 52,385 photos, 3,803 members
- Cloudporn 273,817 photos, 44,564 members
- WALLS Only WALLS ! 29,138 photos, 6,482 members
- !!Hands, Claws and All Kinds of Paws!! 28,505 photos, 5,645 members
- MACRO MONDAYS 163,020 photos, 13,896 members
- Beauty In the Mundane 79,933 photos, 1,067 members
- COLOR Street (curatimus maximus) 7,739 photos, 3,954 members
- talk of the town 264 photos, 38 members
- > Musée de la Sculpture Trouvée < 12,780 photos, 615 members
- Adelaide Hills 5,932 photos, 404 members
- domestic spaces/human traces 861 photos, 574 members
- 100 Strangers 49,668 photos, 11,783 members
- Australian Macro Photography 9,581 photos, 323 members
- Gestalt Manifesto 234 photos, 36 members
- urban poetry 256,558 photos, 7,227 members
- church on fire 2,054 photos, 111 members
- Fanfare to the Common Thing 1,246 photos, 61 members
- Urbex :: Urban Exploration 376,082 photos, 12,465 members
- urban explorers 320,644 photos, 10,580 members
- Machinescapes 4,549 photos, 435 members
- Top 12 images that define YOU! 717 photos, 536 members
- What I see when looking upwards 644 photos, 44 members
- Look Down 1,481 photos, 217 members
- The Common Threads Project 333 photos, 117 members
- Teaming with life II 5 photos
- Tied 1 photo
- Oddities 9 photos
- Black and white 4 photos
- Animal life 10 photos
- The chairs 2 photos
- Landscape, but not as you know it 13 photos
- The reds 7 photos
- Glory 2 photos
- Minimal 7 photos
- Colour space 7 photos
- The ugly truth 3 photos
- Teaming with life 13 photos
- The man's work 18 photos
"It's difficult to speak about someone like Jay, let alone when following such line of wondrous artists who wrote before me. But after travelling through her photographic world from the beginning to the end of her huge collection - and haven't I told you how prolific she can be? - the task is lighter than it'd seem to one just arriving here with the little I've seen from her in the past. Then I know I have to speak about the world of a person who's laid it bare for us to see. The world of the uncanny common, of the gracious animals, of the mundane clotheslines of the tiresome chores, of the fragil self-esteem of women dazed in an age of so many beauty demands, standarts and patterns. The world of the odd wrecks, of the buildings in perspective, of the old backyards, of the giveaways, of the exquisite vegetation all around her that transports one to her everyday life. A life that being common, never leaves you without the touch of the fantastic, be it the fantastic of the things forsaken or the moments of joy and light. My friends, this is no ordinary art."
March 15th, 2006
"jay is an inspiration to me, both personally and photographically. she portrays creativity and strength in a person i know very little of. her photos are always crisp and clean with well thought out concepts and execution. she has an uncanny ability to see and capture simple things with her eyes and camera, making them fresh and new -- while then having the ability to deliver that vision clearly.
March 9th, 2006
"Jay is one person who I can truly say portrays so much of her love of life in her work. She is a beautiful, strong, caring woman, and her love of art & photography inspires me to no end. Her unique style combined with her wonderful ability to make the ordinary look interesting has made her stand out from the crowd.
Much love for the Jaybird :o)"
October 21st, 2005
adriano zanni says:
"Who is Jay?
She's a very sensible girls whith a great poetical sense of photography. She love colors, and the colors are very happy to meet Jay.
Enjoy with her lovely shots."
June 27th, 2005
"Jay has a fantastic, instinctive sense of composition and design. Even better, however, is her exceptional use of colour, which can make the most mundane object appear extraordinary. There is something for everybody to fall in love with in Jay's photographic collection."
June 25th, 2005
"Jay has a way of making ordinary, everyday scenes look like nothing you've ever seen! Her use of saturated color gives her photos a signature look, and her eye for interesting subject matter never ceases to intigue me. She's even inspired me to do some urban photography of my own!"
May 20th, 2005
"Jay is an outstanding friend who is always happy to see you get excited, even about the little things. I am proud to be watching her developing her fantastic foto skills :D"
May 14th, 2005
- Janet Leadbeater
- February 2005
- Adelaide, Australia
- I am:
- Female and Taken