Stephanie Fysh – book editor, photographer (when I have time and motivation), wannabe lottery winner. Enamoured of the world.
Current gear: Nikon Df; Nikon D700; Samsung S7
If you're looking for links, here are some:
• My portfolio site (needs updating)
• Print sales on Etsy (Contact me if you don't see what you're looking for.)
- Spectacular Insects 115,647 photos, 7,739 members
- Arthropods - Studio Stacks 3,616 photos, 663 members
- London: The Square Mile 29,410 photos, 2,971 members
- Scanning Electron Microscopy / SEM 528 photos, 277 members
- Microscopy 11,808 photos, 1,272 members
- MACRO MONDAYS 139,360 photos, 12,941 members
- Adobe Lightroom 49,806 photos, 26,632 members
- Nikkor 50mm 1.8 219,613 photos, 17,691 members
- Nikkor 105mm 2.5 8,827 photos, 1,845 members
- B&W 5,230,996 photos, 228,310 members
- Black and White 6,834,073 photos, 357,657 members
- Bridge Architecture 11,178 photos, 1,392 members
- AI-S lenses 15,030 photos, 582 members
- Nikon Df - Official 65,544 photos, 2,334 members
- Nikon Df Users Group 27,919 photos, 1,196 members
- Less Is More... 61,256 photos, 59,626 members
- FlickrCentral 9,328,197 photos, 273,642 members
- Another Day In The Life Of ... 582 photos, 46 members
- Closer and Closer Macro Photography: 2017 938,034 photos, 89,621 members
- Macro Photography 698,075 photos, 57,327 members
- FLOWERS 1,318,125 photos, 105,473 members
- Landscapes in Black & White 57,970 photos, 3,735 members
- Landscape 1,074,317 photos, 101,341 members
- Still Life/La Nature Morte 12,213 photos, 1,444 members
- Sign City 259,806 photos, 11,834 members
- Neotopografia / New Topographics - A Human Altered Landscape 133,134 photos, 2,867 members
- The Mundane 47,340 photos, 1,078 members
- walls 37,539 photos, 2,153 members
- Toronto Architecture 31,065 photos, 2,142 members
- Fine Art & Gothic Botanical Portraiture 10,382 photos, 592 members
- squareFormat 983,531 photos, 40,808 members
- Toronto Photo Walks - http://torontophotowalks.ca/ 29,696 photos, 1,081 members
- Lyric Documentary 11,745 photos, 836 members
- denoting absence 6,149 photos, 209 members
- Trinity Bellwoods Park 1,120 photos, 134 members
- Torontoist: Toronto Photos 264,790 photos, 6,337 members
- Secrets Of Explore 2,529 photos, 3,717 members
- elegance in art, graphics and design 41,326 photos, 362 members
- Flickr Ideas 1 photo, 11,406 members
- Queen Street West 5,170 photos, 177 members
- Toronto 183,354 photos, 10,614 members
- Utata 461,612 photos, 28,188 members
- Architecture 1,827,811 photos, 102,446 members
Kevin Steele says:
"Steph is a delight and her family is beautiful. Her pictures show all kinds of fearlessness – from trying and sharing all kinds of new ideas to using herself as a model in ways that are sometimes unflattering. Her best pictures deserve to be hung in a gallery."
February 3rd, 2008
Annene von Durchgerockt says:
"You are beautiful."
September 18th, 2007
""The moment one gives close attention to anything, even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious, awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself."
Lù is a force to be reconed with. There is something to be said about a woman who bares herself to the world - who is courageous enough to dare to be sensual and powerful at the same time. She is beauty, guts and grace personified; a friend and role model to so many. (and the ultimate road-trip road warrior!)
In each of her photographs, there is a blade of grass - a shadow, a reflection, and within each of these elements lies a mystery waiting to be explored, experienced, lived. Her visions, through her camera, become a mirror in which she reflects to us the world around her, granting us exclusive insight and a deeper intimate understanding of her work."
March 1st, 2007
"Stephanie has a story going....I'm never sure where...and that's a good thing. There is a narrative always at work, and frankly it makes me a little jealous! Study this work and see real artistry at work. Lú_ can show us all a thing or two about storytelling.....pay attention!"
January 20th, 2007
"I've admired Lu's work for some time. She is a spectacular photographer whose work has a contemporary edge and artistic style that is unique to her. Lu's self-portraits go beyond the mere capture of her likeness but go deeper into her personality and psyche making for very powerful images. Browsing through her photostream is a very inspiring experience and takes you on an intriguing journey seeing the world through her eyes. I also appreciate the thoughtful comments and critique she leaves on my own photostream. One of Flickr's best!"
January 13th, 2007
"Her work is hard-edged and uncompromising. Distance falls away in the face of such vibrancy, and the true essence, the reality, shines through. A journey through her photostream is always an exciting one."
January 13th, 2007
draGnet ★ says:
"Stephanie's canny eye and unique point of view are the two mian reasons why my band must play in Toronto, as soon as possible!! Promoters, take note!"
January 2nd, 2007
"When I first met Stephanie, I wasn't sure what to make of her. I'm glad that I got to know her though, because she is a treasure. I feel lucky to have found her, and privileged to be able to share in her aesthetic through her photography.
Her self-portraiture goes beyond the faddish. I gladly admit that this is the part of her work I enjoy the most: not for the titillation, but for the sheer visual and emotional joy I get from her images. She is able to hit just the right notes with them, and man can this girl play."
August 16th, 2006
Sebastian Methner says:
"Looking at Lu's work, there is so much music in her photos. (looking at her photos is like listening to lou reed, patti smith, talking heads.....a feeling of art school bands) With her own style and her artistic ideas she defines a specially magic. she shows us much of her own world but still keep a secret in it. it's lu's style and it's nice to explore her world. Groove on Lu."
March 16th, 2006
John Goldsmith says:
"Lú's photographic interest, like her "many hands" set are vast, ranging from self-exploration, textures and other small pieces of her life. Her photographs, with or without prose, tell the story about our common existence in an urban world. With her self-titled set, and rooms with woman, Lú is a provocateur. I very much enjoy her experimental photography that is reminiscent of Cindy Sherman's work. I am proud to be the first to write her a testimony. Keep up the good work, Lú!"
March 9th, 2006
- June 2005
- Toronto, Canada