Like Vincent Versace, I view photography as a way "to slow down to the speed of life, make visual poems that take the viewer the way you were taken. To visually speak poetically and to write with light using the language of heightened emotion."
I have always loved photography, both looking at it, and creating it, starting with my first Brownie camera. Photography has helped me to see the world more deeply and clearly and has expanded my view of things. I hope that my creations share some of this experience with my audience. Workshops and fellow photographers have taught me much. Otherwise I am self taught, without any formal photography schooling.
Mostly I photograph what I love, or what moves me. I take my camera with me most places, and take photographs almost every day. I take photographs of nature, from landscapes to macros. My dogs have taught me much about portraiture. I'm more passionate about composition than I am about the technical stuff, but I try to master the technical skills so that I can use my cameras with ease for artistic discovery and expression and creation. I also love street photography and creating portraits of people I encounter in the flow of life. I kayak and swim many days, capturing whatever draws me through the lens with my underwater camera. My years of practice as a clinical psychologist and psychotherapist color my practice of attuning especially to the emotional dimension.
I also practice and teach mindfulness meditation. Mindful or contemplative photography is part of my practice. Creating art is a way for me to be more present and awake in the world, and to invite others to awaken to this dimension.
I live in Key Largo, and work in Miami, FL.
Here is my portfolio, which I think are my top works.
My photographs which have received various awards, or won contests, or been published are here.
Please: Do not blog, copy, or use my photos in any way, without checking with me first. Copyright protected and all rights reserved to me.. Most of my images are for sale. Either e-mail me at LouiseLindsay@live.com, or Flickr mail me.
My photographs which have received the Flickr "Explore" award, which are photos considered among the top 500 most interesting photos uploaded for the day at Flickr, are here.
Please feel free to browse through all of my photographs, sorted according to Flickr's criteria of "interestingness", right here.
Or you can wander through my photostream, where you can see many of my works in progress, in chronological order, and find my photographs organized in sets, by genre and topic, and time frame.
Two of my photos were in a juried gallery exhibit at the www.mainstreetgal.com/links.php?15389 The Main Street Gallery in Groton New York. The photos are for sale, in a limited edition of 30 framed prints:
Angelic (which received "honorable mention" in addition to being accepted for the juried exhibit):
and "Heaven Sent":
" />" />
If you wish to purchase one of these limited edition prints, please contact me at LouiseLindsay@live.com, or by Flickr mail.
Photos of Louise Lindsay (2)
- Maximal minimalism 17,232 photos, 1,265 members
- Life Abounding and Surrounding 0 photos, 3 members
- Blue Hour Group 24,553 photos, 3,138 members
- Lovers of Landscapes / Post 1, Award 2 47,173 photos, 1,466 members
- Nature's Platinum Carousel (Admin Invite Only) Post 1 Award 2 26,884 photos, 1,338 members
- Magic Universe P1/A2 - Active Sweeper 37,713 photos, 2,396 members
- Project Weather 645,386 photos, 92,148 members
- Flickr for iPhone 102,310 photos, 6,672 members
- Great World Architecture 5,946 photos, 451 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 78,628 photos, 6,799 members
- blurism 65,824 photos, 2,508 members
- ! Get Pushed: Sign up for round 66 ! 3,075 photos, 695 members
- LIGHTROOM ∞ 102,614 photos, 2,791 members
- VPU L01 (P1 / A3) 67,885 photos, 3,404 members
- Welcome To Oz 9,701 photos, 901 members
- From Oz to Kansas 1,314 photos, 182 members
- South Florida Photography 27,302 photos, 1,095 members
- The Art of the Long Exposure Land/Sea Scape (Admin inv) P1 C1 11,331 photos, 1,795 members
- ICM - Intentional Camera Movement - See recent discussions! 37,432 photos, 3,680 members
- Nik Software Photo Share 235,756 photos, 7,504 members
- AdoramaTV 38,881 photos, 2,355 members
- Ministract 37,220 photos, 1,143 members
- The Golden Pinnacle Group (Invite Only) Post1 Award 2 1,817 photos, 795 members
- 52 of 2012 3,245 photos, 135 members
- NPR Look At This 160,173 photos, 6,316 members
- THE NEX-7 GROUP 53,038 photos, 2,231 members
- A Thousand Words! (P1, C1) 28,469 photos, 1,354 members
- The Candid Frame 62,530 photos, 2,116 members
- Professional Pet Photography 10,506 photos, 1,062 members
- Ibarionex Perello's Chasing the Light 3,876 photos, 318 members
- Oceans.. of Talent! ~ (by admin invitation) ~ A2 14,484 photos, 545 members
- Nikon D5100 443,676 photos, 12,983 members
- Mushrooms We Love...Seriously, we fu**ing love fungi! 398 photos, 94 members
- kim klassen texturized 13,192 photos, 1,072 members
- Skinny-Mini eCourse Group 3,119 photos, 1,021 members
- Golden Hour!! 55,574 photos, 6,932 members
- Windsong ~ (Admin invite only) ~ P1 - C2 20,868 photos, 813 members
- NATURE'S PRIME (P1/A4) 403,569 photos, 19,686 members
- David DuChemin's Within the Frame 18,082 photos, 1,687 members
- frog pond florals.. by invitation ~ P1/C2 23,313 photos, 893 members
- Blink Again Level 3 SUPERSTARS - SHOWCASE 9,086 photos, 2,060 members
- The Best: BRAVO (INVITED images only) 61,091 photos, 7,539 members
- Active Assignment Weekly: Feb 8 - 15: The Colour Red 8,577 photos, 1,540 members
- Photographers for Shelter Pets 1,129 photos, 113 members
- Photography Critique - Discussion 0 photos, 526 members
- Photography Critique 4,789 photos, 15,170 members
- Photography Critique Assignments 3,233 photos, 1,119 members
- PHOTOTIPS - Photography Tips for everyone 9,648 photos, 736 members
- Macro Viewers 138,017 photos, 5,936 members
- Blink Again (no children) P1/A3 Your best of 2015 - Challenge 411,338 photos, 17,142 members
Louise Lindsay doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- May 2008
- I am:
- Female and Taken