Like Vincent Versace, I view photography as a way "to slow down to the speed of life, make visual poems that take the viewer the way you were taken. To visually speak poetically and to write with light using the language of heightened emotion."
I have always loved photography, both looking at it, and creating it, starting with my first Brownie camera. Photography has helped me to see the world more deeply and clearly and has expanded my view of things. I hope that my creations share some of this experience with my audience. Workshops and fellow photographers have taught me much. Otherwise I am self taught, without any formal photography schooling.
Mostly I photograph what I love, or what moves me. I take my camera with me most places, and take photographs almost every day. I take photographs of nature, from landscapes to macros. My dogs have taught me much about portraiture. I'm more passionate about composition than I am about the technical stuff, but I try to master the technical skills so that I can use my cameras with ease for artistic discovery and expression and creation. I also love street photography and creating portraits of people I encounter in the flow of life. I kayak and swim many days, capturing whatever draws me through the lens with my underwater camera. My years of practice as a clinical psychologist and psychotherapist color my practice of attuning especially to the emotional dimension.
I also practice and teach mindfulness meditation. Mindful or contemplative photography is part of my practice. Creating art is a way for me to be more present and awake in the world, and to invite others to awaken to this dimension.
I live in Key Largo, and work in Miami, FL.
Here is my portfolio, which I think are my top works.
My photographs which have received various awards, or won contests, or been published are here.
Please: Do not blog, copy, or use my photos in any way, without checking with me first. Copyright protected and all rights reserved to me.. Most of my images are for sale. Either e-mail me at LouiseLindsay@live.com, or Flickr mail me.
My photographs which have received the Flickr "Explore" award, which are photos considered among the top 500 most interesting photos uploaded for the day at Flickr, are here.
Please feel free to browse through all of my photographs, sorted according to Flickr's criteria of "interestingness", right here.
Or you can wander through my photostream, where you can see many of my works in progress, in chronological order, and find my photographs organized in sets, by genre and topic, and time frame.
Two of my photos were in a juried gallery exhibit at the www.mainstreetgal.com/links.php?15389 The Main Street Gallery in Groton New York. The photos are for sale, in a limited edition of 30 framed prints:
Angelic (which received "honorable mention" in addition to being accepted for the juried exhibit):
and "Heaven Sent":
" />" />
If you wish to purchase one of these limited edition prints, please contact me at LouiseLindsay@live.com, or by Flickr mail.
Photos of Louise Lindsay (2)
- Maximal minimalism 14,581 photos, 1,092 members
- Life Abounding and Surrounding 0 photos, 3 members
- Blue Hour Group 22,037 photos, 2,903 members
- Lovers of Landscapes / Post 1, Award 2 44,253 photos, 1,442 members
- Nature's Platinum Carousel (Admin Invite Only) Post 1 Award 2 23,984 photos, 1,292 members
- Magic Universe P1/A2 - Active Sweeper 37,293 photos, 2,400 members
- Project Weather 616,360 photos, 88,565 members
- Flickr for iPhone 93,230 photos, 6,541 members
- Great World Architecture 5,542 photos, 434 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 68,860 photos, 6,409 members
- blurism 63,470 photos, 2,450 members
- Get Pushed: 700+ members, sign up for round 63. 3,062 photos, 701 members
- LIGHTROOM ∞ 90,405 photos, 2,580 members
- VPU L01 (P1 / A3) 65,143 photos, 3,417 members
- Welcome To Oz 9,185 photos, 900 members
- From Oz to Kansas 1,202 photos, 180 members
- South Florida Photography 26,505 photos, 1,074 members
- The Art of the Long Exposure Land/Sea Scape (Admin inv) P1 C1 11,517 photos, 1,647 members
- ICM - Intentional Camera Movement - See recent discussions! 34,993 photos, 3,477 members
- Nik Software Photo Share 225,353 photos, 7,427 members
- AdoramaTV 35,298 photos, 2,330 members
- Ministract 36,769 photos, 1,146 members
- The Golden Pinnacle Group (Invite Only) Post1 Award 2 1,796 photos, 789 members
- 52 of 2012 3,268 photos, 135 members
- NPR Look At This 157,447 photos, 6,249 members
- THE NEX-7 GROUP 51,731 photos, 2,211 members
- A Thousand Words! (P1, C1) 27,816 photos, 1,350 members
- The Candid Frame 52,384 photos, 1,886 members
- Professional Pet Photography 9,985 photos, 1,021 members
- Ibarionex Perello's Chasing the Light 3,844 photos, 316 members
- Oceans.. of Talent! ~ (by admin invitation) ~ A2 13,701 photos, 520 members
- Nikon D5100 426,044 photos, 12,826 members
- Mushrooms We Love...Seriously, we fu**ing love fungi! 398 photos, 94 members
- kim klassen texturized 13,153 photos, 1,079 members
- Skinny-Mini eCourse Group 3,113 photos, 1,031 members
- Golden Hour!! 53,537 photos, 6,829 members
- Windsong ~ (Admin invite only) ~ P1 - C2 19,443 photos, 776 members
- NATURE'S PRIME (P1/A4) CONTEST: Butterflies-ENTER 387,071 photos, 19,398 members
- David DuChemin's Within the Frame 17,786 photos, 1,688 members
- frog pond florals.. by invitation ~ P1/C2 21,513 photos, 832 members
- Blink Again Level 3 SUPERSTARS - SHOWCASE 8,900 photos, 2,049 members
- The Best: BRAVO (INVITED images only) 61,008 photos, 7,547 members
- Active Assignment Weekly: Sept. 28 - Oct. 5th "hands on" 8,465 photos, 1,536 members
- Photographers for Shelter Pets 1,082 photos, 110 members
- Photography Critique - Discussion 0 photos, 519 members
- Photography Critique 4,628 photos, 14,917 members
- Photography Critique Assignments 3,237 photos, 1,104 members
- PHOTOTIPS - Photography Tips for everyone 9,536 photos, 735 members
- Macro Viewers 132,277 photos, 5,755 members
- 52 Weeks for Not Dogs 3,279 photos, 15 members
Louise Lindsay doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- May 2008
- I am:
- Female and Taken