Having fun being retired .
I take virtually only macro shots, nearly all of them in my own garden so I view it is a seasonal photo diary of interesting things I find there.
Hints/tips /tutorials here
The LordV refers to Lord Vetinari my hero in the discworld book series. RIP Terry Pratchett
Lord V's favorite photos from other Flickr members (7)
- BBC Autumnwatch (Official) 227,287 photos, 15,845 members
- Origins - Stunning Nature 1,889 photos, 24,861 members
- Arachtober 5,925 photos, 164 members
- Macro Seeds 82 photos, 12 members
- This is Nature 29,125 photos, 365 members
- BBC Springwatch (Official) 433,197 photos, 28,648 members
- Orchidée passion 5,536 photos, 209 members
- Honeysuckle - Lonicera's 383 photos, 130 members
- ★ Macro world ★ P1 - C1 ★ 21,960 photos, 1,039 members
- Insect and Creepy Crawly Close Ups & Macro 1,598 photos, 58 members
- British Syrphidae (Hoverflies) 2,524 photos, 55 members
- MacroMeister Gold Award Images 41 photos, 13 members
- Photomacrography 111 photos, 9 members
- Butterflies and Moths of Great Britain & Ireland 60,966 photos, 2,066 members
- Insects Flight 608 photos, 75 members
- Natural Light Macro 16,384 photos, 372 members
- UK Hoppers (of the homopteran sort) 9,949 photos, 182 members
- Arthropods - Studio Stacks 2,202 photos, 497 members
- Insect activity (Invite only) 501 photos, 179 members
- Osteospermum 244 photos, 40 members
- South East England Wildlife 53,712 photos, 1,030 members
- Any kind of wildlife/nature 214,712 photos, 2,353 members
- Water Drop World 211 photos, 22 members
- West Sussex Wildlife 21,079 photos, 466 members
- Arthropoda of Sussex 3,870 photos, 78 members
- TRUE MACRO : MACRO VERDADEIRO 1,814 photos, 108 members
- Shining Photos 196 photos, 33 members
- The Physics Classroom Flickr Group 2,959 photos, 304 members
- Nature Photography (Landscapes, Plants, Animals, Insects, etc.) 1,020 photos, 84 members
- The Poor Man’s Apothecary 3,592 photos, 87 members
- BBC Bee Part Of It! 4,907 photos, 733 members
- ID Please 10,679 photos, 932 members
- Soap Films 957 photos, 370 members
- Great photos of the decade 1,463 photos, 39 members
- The Worlds Best Nature, Wildlife, And Macro Photography 142,603 photos, 5,737 members
- Snowtographers 693 photos, 63 members
- macrofotografia, close-up e microfotografia 6,620 photos, 439 members
- The Motley Pixel: All Photogs Welcome! 9,041 photos, 241 members
- Singin' The Blues - P1/A2 16,869 photos, 5,493 members
- Wildlife Award - Post 1, Award 2 85,777 photos, 5,241 members
- Macro 3D 3,025 photos, 79 members
- I love ... mold ...!? 641 photos, 165 members
- Macro-Life Elite (Moderated Pool ) 733 photos, 65 members
- Macros Amaze Me 538 photos, 35 members
- Butterflies of Sussex 2,514 photos, 254 members
- Wonderful World! 317,399 photos, 7,258 members
- The Gallery Of Fine Photography [DISCONTINUED] 41,415 photos, 5,113 members
- Flickr Photographer Profiles Blog 134 photos, 1,953 members
- Front page favourites 42 photos, 32 members
- Myriapoda (Centipedes, Millipedes, Etc.) 4,429 photos, 980 members
"Brian has always been a great influence in my macro photography. His macro/close-up work has inspired me so much and still continues to do so. I have learned so much from him! Leaf holding trick, macro panorama, focus stacking, animation/gif - just to name a few. Brian's refraction images are out of this world and second to none!
Brian is also one of the nicest and most helpful persons you'll find in any forums!"
July 6th, 2010
"Brian is one of the macro masters on Flickr and in other online and published magazines and sites. He has taken the time to learn his craft and apply it in ways that others can only dream of.
A lot can be learnt simply by viewing the photos in his photo stream. He has also taken the time to answer a lot of questions in his Flickr group “Macro Viewers” which has been received very well by photographers new to the macro world.
Apart from learning from his photos if you simply want to enjoy the small world we take for granted everyday then take the time to go through his portfolio and enjoy."
June 16th, 2010
"Brian (Lord V)
A brilliant photographer but not only that but also a Brilliant friend and teacher, Thank you for all the help! You have Been AMAZING!!!
October 16th, 2008
"I thought it was bad enough to see how Brian could macro something in the chills of winter, but now come summer, gosh.... its like national geographic channel on still motion by the day."
May 3rd, 2008
"First time I viewed Brian's photostream I got hooked rightaway. The macro images he took are absolutely phenomenal. I spent hours looking at his photostream and can't get enough of his work. He is one of my favorite macro photographers and he is truly an inspirational photographer. I am so VERY honored to be one of his contacts. Thank you Brian especially for all the advice you gave me. Truly appreciate it :)"
August 16th, 2007
The Bald Eagle1 says:
"I have been fortunate to have seen many of Brian's fantastic images. He has been a true source of inspiration for me and many others. His willingness to help others is what really makes him stand out head and shoulders above the rest. His body of work in the Macro realm is Magical."
August 12th, 2007
"Brian is far and away the best macro shooter I have ever seen. Not only are his photos good technically, but they have a certain quality about them that is tough to define. His fly pictures look almost surreal. The detail is such that it makes you look twice. His water-drop reflections/refractions are absolutely stunning. His focus-stacks come out looking amazing, and his cross-eyed stereograms work the first time, every time.
Thanks Brian, for being a teacher and an inspiration to me and many others. Keep on shooting those macros!"
September 12th, 2006
"Brian has the best macro I saw around flickr and even beat any Canon EOS-1D Mark II N :) Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II :). He doesn´t need these camera. He is the CAMERA! Sometimes, the photos are just outearth! Brian takes mm level to us with so crisp images. Brian, the brain of macros and a real lord of Nature! :) Thank you, Brian!"
August 15th, 2006
Awais Yaqub says:
"Great macro guy his work is superb always amazed me. Never saw anyone doing macro like he do.
Great teacher always great advice from him !"
September 8th, 2006
"Being able to see more than I ever wanted to know about tiny flies and such
is something I really enjoy about Lord V's amazing photos.
Always worth checking up on what he's found next,
there seem to be years of flickr photos right in his hedges.
His patience and photography skills produce flickr gems for us to peer at.
(Though, the cross-eye stereograms
tire my eyes out just thinking about them.) ;-)"
June 26th, 2006
Digital Gurl says:
"I must admit that I was a fan of Brian's macro photography long before I found his Flickr stream. He posts his fabulous work in forums and galleries across the internet. Each time I view one of his macro shots, my jaw drops to the floor! He seems to have a natural talent for shooting these incredible and amazing images! The detail is beyond belief.
Two words come to my mind whenever I see the name "LordV" ..... WOW and AWESOME! If you are not viewing his fantastic Flickr Stream of macros, you are missing one of the visual treats of a lifetime! Brian is definitely "da man" when it comes to creative and brilliant macro work!
Keep shooting and sharing Brian because this "Flickrette" enjoys your AMAZING MACRO's"
January 1st, 2006
- Brian Valentine
- July 2005
- Worthing W.Sussex, United Kingdom
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- LordV Macros