A RETIRED musician, photographer, pastor, worship leader, guitar teacher, traveler (with my wife)…
Camera: Canon 5dMk3, M, M3 and an array of lenses…
Love portraiture, landscape, HDR, and close up work. Have a multi-strobe setup for portraiture with shoot through soft boxes and shoot through umbrellas
I have an array of vintage ''all-manual'' lenses from the 1970s - old Zuiko, Nikor, Tokina and Sigma glass - a 70-210mm Nikor & a 55mm micro Nikor (1:2), and a Sigma 400mm. All are adapted to work on my Canon bodies, and all can be had for a fraction of the price of new auto-lenses, and take amazing pics.
I have a couple 50mm f/1.8 & f/1.4 Zuikos. And I have a 50mm Nikor f/1.4 as well (very sharp and fast). It lets in twice as much light as an f/2.8 which means one more shutter speed wide open for available light indoor work.
I have a Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, a 50mm EF f/1.4, an EF 100 f/2.8 L, a 70-200 f/4 L, and a 17-35 f/4 "L". All these are above average sharp, quick and typical, and produce the expected Canon color balance.
I have a LensBaby 2.0, Lensbaby Composer and a screw on ultra-wide lens element.
I also have macro extenders tube (25mm) and a cheap set of tubes that go all the way from 11mm all the way to over 60mm when assemled together.
I also have a 12mm and 25mm set of Canon coupled macro extension tubes. I really love close up photography (it's not all macro, but it's closer than expected).
I use the Canon 5dMk3 for portrait work, experimental shoots, macro and other serious work, and the Canon M & M3 (mirrorless) for travel. Actually the M3 is somewhere between a Canon T6i and an 80D stuffed into a very small package.
The M & M3 with 3 lenses, an extension tube, and ND filters weigh about 3 pounds and go in a light over the shoulder bag. Great for hauling around all day.
The Canon M resolution is great, the lenses sharper than most kit lenses, and the EOS-M 11-22mm amazing for landscape (compares to a 17mm-34mm lens). The sharpness on the EOS-M 55-250 is similar to that on my Canon EF 70-300mm. Not as sharp as my "L" glass, but I've printed 20"X30" landscapes with it which have amazing color and contrast. And the EOS-M 18-55mm is great for mid-range shots, and video interviews.
- Canon EF 100 f/2.8L IS Macro 16,784 photos, 1,002 members
- Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 L IS USM Macro 155,212 photos, 7,711 members
- Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D Lens 1,936 photos, 1,229 members
- BCN (Barcelona) 17,185 photos, 959 members
- American Flag 28,525 photos, 4,664 members
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM 10,250 photos, 566 members
- Canon 17-40mm f/4L USM 35,756 photos, 1,520 members
- Canon 17-40 f/4L USM Group 212,436 photos, 10,591 members
- Canon 17-40mm f4 L 17,715 photos, 751 members
- Canon EF 17-40mm 1:4L USM 34,726 photos, 1,848 members
- 5D Mark III only 68,990 photos, 1,593 members
- The Couples Project 4,906 photos, 679 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III 457,638 photos, 11,884 members
- Canon EOS 5D mark iii - Post 2, Comm 2 29,670 photos, 1,101 members
- Headshot Photography 8,916 photos, 2,362 members
- Actor Headshot photography Talk 2,822 photos, 478 members
- Wedding Photographers 226,862 photos, 30,138 members
- Arches National Park 13,536 photos, 2,144 members
- Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado 16,886 photos, 1,553 members
- Old & Aged 35,951 photos, 1,385 members
- Old Stuff 47,003 photos, 1,489 members
- fenced 5,788 photos, 627 members
- Digital SLR Photography Magazine 764,608 photos, 15,948 members
- Custer State Park (South Dakota) 1,605 photos, 183 members
- The Black Hills of South Dakota 6,480 photos, 576 members
- South Dakota Parks - National, State, County and City Parks 4,286 photos, 357 members
- Badlands 6,833 photos, 561 members
- Best of U.S. National Parks 37,436 photos, 3,965 members
- Badlands National Park 4,288 photos, 411 members
- Flower Flower Flower 1,160,927 photos, 71,387 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Mark III 48,224 photos, 892 members
- Digital Black and White (2 per day: no nudity: no colour) 206,237 photos, 9,340 members
- Created by Tonality 1,478 photos, 69 members
- CSC (Compact System Camera) 2,177 photos, 32 members
- Canon EF-M Mount Lenses - Official Tag Required 5,221 photos, 291 members
- National Parks, Monuments and Historical Sites 73,128 photos, 3,024 members
- U.S. National Parks and Places 201,229 photos, 9,832 members
- Wyoming "The Cowboy State" 21,131 photos, 895 members
- WyoFile - People, Places and Policy of Wyoming 2,026 photos, 78 members
- Wyoming Lifestyle Magazine 2,074 photos, 154 members
- Scenics, not just landscapes! 305,042 photos, 11,629 members
- Landschaft/Landscape 315,792 photos, 9,346 members
- landscapes 278,170 photos, 7,346 members
- Landscapes 101 (Unlimited) 749,906 photos, 15,345 members
- Landscape photography 2,422,830 photos, 95,279 members
- Nature and Landscapes 835,888 photos, 19,699 members
- Mirrorless Cameras 15,931 photos, 163 members
- E.V.I.L Cameras 18,448 photos, 146 members
- Mirrorless World 9,467 photos, 164 members
- Mirrorless Minutes 21,925 photos, 261 members
ljguitar doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Larry Jacobsen
- February 2007
- Cheyenne Wyoming
- I am:
- Male and Taken