I'm a photographer here at Flickr.
I'm a professor at work, an academic and a poet.
I'm Hayes's wife and Laura and Will's mother at home.
I'm MtGQ, Mommy the Great Queen, a name Will made for me years ago when I use to call him William the Great, William the Conquerer. But now the name has taken on a life of its own. :)
I find it hard to separate these various identities--I write poems the same way I make photographs, looking again and again. I feel more free with photography to just shoot and mess up than I do in my writing, and so I take more pictures than I finish poems--and I also have these beautiful children whose childhoods I want to document. Sometimes when I see Hayes watching the kids or me, that changes my vision too... all these, tied together.
Here are the photographs, only part of the picture.
- a certain Slant of light 61 photos, 3 members
- Día de los Muertos 12,231 photos, 1,952 members
- Peeps-tastic! 2,407 photos, 688 members
- The Secret Life of Toys 499,438 photos, 22,312 members
- magnetic poetry snaps 401 photos, 132 members
- easter 7,338 photos, 1,434 members
- Amazon Kindle 2,227 photos, 514 members
- Poem on the Range: Mapping places through iconic American poems 5 photos, 42 members
- numbers 22,738 photos, 3,165 members
- Numb 1,035 photos, 158 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 14,713 photos, 18,032 members
- Sigma 105mm EX DG f/2.8 Macro Lens 72,294 photos, 4,303 members
- Free Verse 561 photos, 592 members
MtGQ doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Lisa Hammond
- January 2009
- Florence, SC
- Lugoff, SC, USA
- Professor of English