Please do not post photos or graphics in comments to my images. In most cases they will be deleted promptly. Also, if you believe that all photos on Flickr are free for you to use without permission, you are woefully mistaken and need to get a clue.
Biped. Self-regulating temperature. Not into digital watches.
My photographs have appeared in The New York Times, The New York Post, Time Out New York, AMNewYork, and other similar venues in and around the City. They have also been published on some Internet hot spots including Nerve.com, Gothamist, SFist, DCist, and Utata.org, and in numerous issues of New York Cool, among others. Some of my photographs are exclusively represented by Getty Images.
My first photo show was a month-long group exhibit of burlesque photography at the Fog Art Gallery in Chelsea, New York, in late 2010.
My first print publications included photographs in Catherine Jamieson's book Create Your Own Photo Blog, a Coney Island fireworks photo in Time Out New York, and a set of live music shots of the Florida band Humbert in a cover feature in New Times magazine.
...hey! buy stuff here:
I wouldn't mind controlling the world - I understand you get to eat as much barbecue as you want once you're doing it. On the other hand, the hours are daunting.
My old Flickr handle was Corporal Tunnel; you may have seen me under that name in your travels.
I run the (currently inactive) independent record label Home Office Records, and am a writer, poet, and actor, in addition to the photography thing. A day job pays the bills. I graduated cum laude from Harvard in 1987, have hitch-hiked cross country and back, and beyond New York I have lived in Boston, Dallas, London, Paris, Pietrasanta, Roma and Berlin. Next stop: West Coast. One of these days. In the meantime, I'm writing a novel. By fits and starts, and sometimes not at all.
Photos of Linus Gelber (7)
- Battlestar Galactica 2,377 photos, 542 members
- Your Best Shot 2015 25,427 photos, 44,127 members
- Gotham Villains 2,137 photos, 233 members
- City Nights 240,258 photos, 15,372 members
- Paper Craft 33,516 photos, 2,810 members
- Masks, Masks, Masks 7,237 photos, 1,270 members
- Museums! 27,952 photos, 736 members
- museum of natural history 6,934 photos, 355 members
- Manuscripta mediaevalia 3,597 photos, 494 members
- Governors Island 2,194 photos, 186 members
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art 20,146 photos, 2,495 members
- Movie Theaters & Drive Ins 17,200 photos, 1,217 members
- Movie Theatres 16,634 photos, 694 members
- Brooklyn Bridge Park Visitor Photos 1,514 photos, 219 members
- Empty Chairs & Benches Unlimited 16,857 photos, 1,963 members
- derelict farm 2,753 photos, 218 members
- Writing Machines 5,437 photos, 9,912 members
- Science Fiction Unleashed 39,657 photos, 3,093 members
- The Big Lebowski 642 photos, 214 members
- Don't Panic! 493 photos, 253 members
- The Doctor Who Group 16,958 photos, 1,602 members
- Comics 58,672 photos, 4,262 members
- Song of Ice and Fire 1,462 photos, 429 members
- Riverside Park, NYC 709 photos, 85 members
- Upper West Side 5,236 photos, 289 members
- MoMA The Museum of Modern Art (Official) 6,031 photos, 2,579 members
- Star Wars Fans United 40,733 photos, 3,777 members
- Hurricane-Sandy 4,975 photos, 649 members
- Up-State New York 27,806 photos, 745 members
- California 288,913 photos, 7,760 members
- Los Angeles 220,458 photos, 11,010 members
- Peeps-tastic! 2,389 photos, 690 members
- Flickr CPR 10,160 photos, 583 members
- FACE Painting. 8,360 photos, 1,324 members
- Cemeteries - Cementerios - Friedhoefe - Cimetières - Cimiteri 140,632 photos, 7,871 members
- Oldtimer/ Vintage cars/ Coches antiguos (WW II - 1970) 47,043 photos, 1,929 members
- Native Voices 3,264 photos, 222 members
- Somerville, MA 4,201 photos, 303 members
- Davis Square 02144 1,647 photos, 330 members
- Santa Monica 12,354 photos, 1,494 members
- California Landscape and Seascape 69,836 photos, 2,954 members
- Sunglasses 7,284 photos, 1,329 members
- American Pow Wow 5,575 photos, 492 members
- Doctor Who 19,810 photos, 2,112 members
- Cowboys & Cowgirls 10,673 photos, 1,394 members
- Graffiti / Street Art 956,096 photos, 19,576 members
- Cleveland, O' High Oh 13,417 photos, 627 members
- New Jersey - The Garden State 60,804 photos, 1,932 members
- #OccupyWallStreet 13,789 photos, 655 members
- New Orleans Photography 73,291 photos, 2,887 members
"If it weren't for Linus, I would never have fallen in love with Tigger. But Tigger never comes to Toronto. Do you suppose that if I sent Linus a bill for the resulting trip to New York City, he'd pay up?
Oh, well. I knew that answer. But at least I'd have been paid with a glimpse into the richly coloured he lives in."
July 22nd, 2006
"Linus is surprising and clever and big-hearted and interesting and, even better than that: interested. I think that is his magic. Linus is interested in what is going on around him, and that is evident loud and clear in his photos. One of my favorite flickr peeps."
September 19th, 2005
- Linus Gelber
- April 2005
- New York
- New York, USA
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Pepper of the Earth