Please do not post photos or graphics in comments to my images. In most cases they will be deleted promptly. Also, if you believe that all photos on Flickr are free for you to use without permission, you are woefully mistaken and need to get a clue.
Biped. Self-regulating temperature. Not into digital watches.
My photographs have appeared in The New York Times, The New York Post, Time Out New York, AMNewYork, and other similar venues in and around the City. They have also been published on some Internet hot spots including Nerve.com, Gothamist, SFist, DCist, and Utata.org, and in numerous issues of New York Cool, among others. Some of my photographs are exclusively represented by Getty Images.
My first photo show was a month-long group exhibit of burlesque photography at the Fog Art Gallery in Chelsea, New York, in late 2010.
My first print publications included photographs in Catherine Jamieson's book Create Your Own Photo Blog, a Coney Island fireworks photo in Time Out New York, and a set of live music shots of the Florida band Humbert in a cover feature in New Times magazine.
...hey! buy stuff here:
I wouldn't mind controlling the world - I understand you get to eat as much barbecue as you want once you're doing it. On the other hand, the hours are daunting.
My old Flickr handle was Corporal Tunnel; you may have seen me under that name in your travels.
I run the (currently inactive) independent record label Home Office Records, and am a writer, poet, and actor, in addition to the photography thing. A day job pays the bills. I graduated cum laude from Harvard in 1987, have hitch-hiked cross country and back, and beyond New York I have lived in Boston, Dallas, London, Paris, Pietrasanta, Roma and Berlin. Next stop: West Coast. One of these days. In the meantime, I'm writing a novel. By fits and starts, and sometimes not at all.
Photos of Linus Gelber (7)
- Gotham Villains 1,883 photos, 219 members
- City Nights 215,313 photos, 14,538 members
- Paper Craft 32,438 photos, 2,775 members
- Masks, Masks, Masks 6,612 photos, 1,217 members
- Museums! 15,963 photos, 580 members
- museum of natural history 5,299 photos, 309 members
- Manuscripta mediaevalia 3,648 photos, 472 members
- Governors Island 2,135 photos, 184 members
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art 20,555 photos, 2,484 members
- Movie Theaters & Drive Ins 16,557 photos, 1,166 members
- Movie Theatres 15,883 photos, 672 members
- Brooklyn Bridge Park Visitor Photos 1,492 photos, 206 members
- Empty Chairs & Benches Unlimited 15,593 photos, 1,876 members
- derelict farm 2,611 photos, 202 members
- Writing Machines 5,285 photos, 9,078 members
- Science Fiction Unleashed 36,738 photos, 2,995 members
- The Big Lebowski 647 photos, 211 members
- Don't Panic! 466 photos, 256 members
- Doctor Who! 16,174 photos, 1,542 members
- Comics 51,235 photos, 4,163 members
- Song of Ice and Fire 1,438 photos, 402 members
- Riverside Park, NYC 713 photos, 85 members
- Upper West Side 5,006 photos, 277 members
- MoMA The Museum of Modern Art (Official) 6,125 photos, 2,507 members
- Star Wars Fans United 35,313 photos, 3,499 members
- Hurricane-Sandy 4,963 photos, 647 members
- Up-State New York 24,705 photos, 685 members
- California 275,396 photos, 7,597 members
- Los Angeles 212,400 photos, 10,820 members
- Peeps-tastic! 2,465 photos, 693 members
- Flickr CPR 9,471 photos, 578 members
- FACE Painting. 8,255 photos, 1,308 members
- Cemeteries - Cementerios - Friedhoefe - Cimetières - Cimiteri 132,540 photos, 7,713 members
- Oldtimer/ Vintage cars/ Coches antiguos (WW II - 1970) 39,607 photos, 1,755 members
- Native Voices 3,290 photos, 219 members
- Somerville, MA 4,037 photos, 294 members
- Davis Square 02144 1,671 photos, 329 members
- Santa Monica 12,000 photos, 1,459 members
- California Landscape and Seascape 61,707 photos, 2,723 members
- Sunglasses 7,045 photos, 1,329 members
- American Pow Wow 5,217 photos, 469 members
- Doctor Who 19,143 photos, 2,081 members
- Cowboys & Cowgirls 10,150 photos, 1,369 members
- Graffiti / Street Art 880,964 photos, 18,660 members
- Cleveland, O' High Oh 13,023 photos, 618 members
- New Jersey - The Garden State 57,214 photos, 1,912 members
- #OccupyWallStreet 13,830 photos, 657 members
- New Orleans Photography 66,422 photos, 2,746 members
- Street Musicians - Buskers 15,890 photos, 2,767 members
- New Orleans 70,349 photos, 3,656 members
"If it weren't for Linus, I would never have fallen in love with Tigger. But Tigger never comes to Toronto. Do you suppose that if I sent Linus a bill for the resulting trip to New York City, he'd pay up?
Oh, well. I knew that answer. But at least I'd have been paid with a glimpse into the richly coloured he lives in."
July 22nd, 2006
"Linus is surprising and clever and big-hearted and interesting and, even better than that: interested. I think that is his magic. Linus is interested in what is going on around him, and that is evident loud and clear in his photos. One of my favorite flickr peeps."
September 19th, 2005
- Linus Gelber
- April 2005
- New York
- New York, USA
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Pepper of the Earth