Please do not post photos or graphics in comments to my images. In most cases they will be deleted promptly. Also, if you believe that all photos on Flickr are free for you to use without permission, you are woefully mistaken and need to get a clue.
Biped. Self-regulating temperature. Not into digital watches.
My photographs have appeared in The New York Times, The New York Post, Time Out New York, AMNewYork, and other similar venues in and around the City. They have also been published on some Internet hot spots including Nerve.com, Gothamist, SFist, DCist, and Utata.org, and in numerous issues of New York Cool, among others. Some of my photographs are exclusively represented by Getty Images.
My first photo show was a month-long group exhibit of burlesque photography at the Fog Art Gallery in Chelsea, New York, in late 2010.
My first print publications included photographs in Catherine Jamieson's book Create Your Own Photo Blog, a Coney Island fireworks photo in Time Out New York, and a set of live music shots of the Florida band Humbert in a cover feature in New Times magazine.
...hey! buy stuff here:
I wouldn't mind controlling the world - I understand you get to eat as much barbecue as you want once you're doing it. On the other hand, the hours are daunting.
My old Flickr handle was Corporal Tunnel; you may have seen me under that name in your travels.
I run the (currently inactive) independent record label Home Office Records, and am a writer, poet, and actor, in addition to the photography thing. A day job pays the bills. I graduated cum laude from Harvard in 1987, have hitch-hiked cross country and back, and beyond New York I have lived in Boston, Dallas, London, Paris, Pietrasanta, Roma and Berlin. Next stop: West Coast. One of these days. In the meantime, I'm writing a novel. By fits and starts, and sometimes not at all.
Photos of Linus Gelber (7)
- Movie Theaters & Drive Ins 15,738 photos, 1,116 members
- Movie Theatres 14,965 photos, 639 members
- Brooklyn Bridge Park Visitor Photos 1,345 photos, 178 members
- Empty Chairs & Benches Unlimited 14,636 photos, 1,779 members
- derelict farm 2,512 photos, 196 members
- Writing Machines 5,078 photos, 7,752 members
- Science Fiction Unleashed 33,602 photos, 2,841 members
- The Big Lebowski 680 photos, 213 members
- Don't Panic! 455 photos, 253 members
- Doctor Who! 14,630 photos, 1,459 members
- Comics 47,921 photos, 4,056 members
- Song of Ice and Fire 1,313 photos, 366 members
- Riverside Park, NYC 730 photos, 86 members
- Upper West Side 5,039 photos, 277 members
- MoMA The Museum of Modern Art (Official) 6,171 photos, 2,434 members
- Star Wars Fans United 30,377 photos, 3,161 members
- Hurricane-Sandy 4,917 photos, 649 members
- Up-State New York 20,474 photos, 617 members
- California 260,366 photos, 7,390 members
- Los Angeles 203,363 photos, 10,439 members
- Peeps-tastic! 2,455 photos, 692 members
- Flickr CPR 8,565 photos, 571 members
- FACE Painting. 8,274 photos, 1,284 members
- Cemeteries - Cementerios - Friedhoefe - Cimetières - Cimiteri 126,335 photos, 7,410 members
- Oldtimer/ Vintage cars/ Coches antiguos (WW II - 1970) 33,672 photos, 1,606 members
- Native Voices 3,291 photos, 213 members
- Somerville, MA 3,837 photos, 283 members
- Davis Square 02144 1,651 photos, 325 members
- Santa Monica 11,563 photos, 1,403 members
- California Landscape and Seascape 53,576 photos, 2,456 members
- Sunglasses 6,907 photos, 1,314 members
- American Pow Wow 4,670 photos, 451 members
- Doctor Who 17,697 photos, 2,038 members
- Cowboys & Cowgirls 9,024 photos, 1,314 members
- Graffiti / Street Art 797,199 photos, 17,600 members
- Cleveland, O' High Oh 11,209 photos, 610 members
- New Jersey - The Garden State 53,888 photos, 1,879 members
- #OccupyWallStreet 14,265 photos, 662 members
- New Orleans Photography 57,533 photos, 2,590 members
- Street Musicians - Buskers 14,398 photos, 2,620 members
- New Orleans 65,511 photos, 3,569 members
- Wedding Photography 235,749 photos, 48,399 members
- Atlantic City 6,080 photos, 528 members
- Union Square, NYC 3,594 photos, 1,100 members
- Boing Boing 105,285 photos, 5,205 members
- Modern Pinup Images 11,587 photos, 1,926 members
- Atlantic Antic 561 photos, 50 members
- NPR Look At This 147,740 photos, 6,129 members
- el+ho 19 photos, 3 members
- The Lotus Garden in NYC 20 photos, 10 members
"If it weren't for Linus, I would never have fallen in love with Tigger. But Tigger never comes to Toronto. Do you suppose that if I sent Linus a bill for the resulting trip to New York City, he'd pay up?
Oh, well. I knew that answer. But at least I'd have been paid with a glimpse into the richly coloured he lives in."
July 22nd, 2006
"Linus is surprising and clever and big-hearted and interesting and, even better than that: interested. I think that is his magic. Linus is interested in what is going on around him, and that is evident loud and clear in his photos. One of my favorite flickr peeps."
September 19th, 2005
- Linus Gelber
- April 2005
- New York
- New York, USA
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Pepper of the Earth