Please do not post photos or graphics in comments to my images. In most cases they will be deleted promptly. Also, if you believe that all photos on Flickr are free for you to use without permission, y'are not correct.
Biped. Self-regulating temperature. Not into digital watches.
My photographs have appeared in The New York Times, The New York Post, Time Out New York, AMNewYork, and other similar venues in and around the City. They have also been published on some Internet hot spots including Nerve.com, Gothamist, SFist, DCist, and Utata.org, and in numerous issues of New York Cool, among others. Some of my photographs are exclusively represented by Getty Images.
My first photo show was a month-long group exhibit of burlesque photography at the Fog Art Gallery in Chelsea, New York, in late 2010.
My first print publications included photographs in Catherine Jamieson's book Create Your Own Photo Blog, a Coney Island fireworks photo in Time Out New York, and a set of live music shots of the Florida band Humbert in a cover feature in New Times magazine.
...hey! buy stuff here:
I wouldn't mind controlling the world - I understand you get to eat as much barbecue as you want once you're doing it. On the other hand, the hours are daunting.
My old Flickr handle was Corporal Tunnel; you may have seen me under that name in your travels.
I run the (currently inactive) independent record label Home Office Records, and am a writer, poet, and actor, in addition to the photography thing. A day job pays the bills. I graduated cum laude from Harvard in 1987, have hitch-hiked cross country and back, and beyond New York I have lived in Boston, Dallas, London, Paris, Pietrasanta, Roma and Berlin. Next stop: West Coast. One of these days. In the meantime, I'm writing a novel. By fits and starts, and sometimes not at all.
Photos of Linus Gelber (7)
- Inspired By King 370 photos, 122 members
- Pumpkin 6,843 photos, 1,433 members
- Historic Hudson Valley 233 photos, 106 members
- jack-o-lantern 3,864 photos, 1,053 members
- Pumpkin Festival 838 photos, 154 members
- Flickr Heroes 38,405 photos, 6,328 members
- Battlestar Galactica 2,364 photos, 540 members
- Your Best Shot 2015 25,309 photos, 43,925 members
- Gotham Villains 2,021 photos, 236 members
- City Nights 244,579 photos, 15,525 members
- Paper Craft 33,413 photos, 2,815 members
- Masks, Masks, Masks 7,458 photos, 1,274 members
- Museums! 30,603 photos, 781 members
- museum of natural history 7,082 photos, 355 members
- Manuscripta mediaevalia 3,598 photos, 500 members
- Governors Island 2,211 photos, 187 members
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art 16,583 photos, 2,500 members
- Movie Theaters & Drive Ins 17,405 photos, 1,231 members
- Movie Theatres 16,821 photos, 698 members
- Brooklyn Bridge Park Visitor Photos 1,557 photos, 230 members
- Empty Chairs & Benches Unlimited 17,196 photos, 1,976 members
- derelict farm 2,798 photos, 224 members
- Writing Machines 5,453 photos, 9,998 members
- Science Fiction Unleashed 40,145 photos, 3,106 members
- The Big Lebowski 642 photos, 213 members
- Don't Panic! 496 photos, 253 members
- The Doctor Who Group 17,050 photos, 1,606 members
- Comics 60,063 photos, 4,265 members
- Song of Ice and Fire 1,449 photos, 428 members
- Riverside Park, NYC 709 photos, 87 members
- Upper West Side 5,282 photos, 293 members
- MoMA The Museum of Modern Art (Official) 5,716 photos, 2,572 members
- Star Wars Fans United 41,421 photos, 3,797 members
- Hurricane-Sandy 4,976 photos, 650 members
- Up-State New York 28,647 photos, 756 members
- California 291,144 photos, 7,789 members
- Los Angeles 221,933 photos, 11,042 members
- Peeps-tastic! 2,377 photos, 691 members
- Flickr CPR 10,300 photos, 580 members
- FACE Painting. 8,422 photos, 1,326 members
- Cemeteries - Cementerios - Friedhoefe - Cimetières - Cimiteri 141,930 photos, 7,916 members
- Oldtimer/ Vintage cars/ Coches antiguos (WW II - 1970) 48,997 photos, 1,965 members
- Native Voices 3,169 photos, 222 members
- Somerville, MA 4,230 photos, 302 members
- Davis Square 02144 1,647 photos, 326 members
- Santa Monica 12,460 photos, 1,499 members
- California Landscape and Seascape 71,203 photos, 2,978 members
- Sunglasses 7,337 photos, 1,330 members
- American Pow Wow 5,907 photos, 490 members
- Doctor Who 19,859 photos, 2,112 members
"If it weren't for Linus, I would never have fallen in love with Tigger. But Tigger never comes to Toronto. Do you suppose that if I sent Linus a bill for the resulting trip to New York City, he'd pay up?
Oh, well. I knew that answer. But at least I'd have been paid with a glimpse into the richly coloured he lives in."
July 22nd, 2006
"Linus is surprising and clever and big-hearted and interesting and, even better than that: interested. I think that is his magic. Linus is interested in what is going on around him, and that is evident loud and clear in his photos. One of my favorite flickr peeps."
September 19th, 2005
- Linus Gelber
- April 2005
- New York
- New York, USA
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Pepper of the Earth