Please do not post photos or graphics in comments to my images. In most cases they will be deleted promptly. Also, if you believe that all photos on Flickr are free for you to use without permission, you are woefully mistaken and need to get a clue.
Biped. Self-regulating temperature. Not into digital watches.
My photographs have appeared in The New York Times, The New York Post, Time Out New York, AMNewYork, and other similar venues in and around the City. They have also been published on some Internet hot spots including Nerve.com, Gothamist, SFist, DCist, and Utata.org, and in numerous issues of New York Cool, among others. Some of my photographs are exclusively represented by Getty Images.
My first photo show was a month-long group exhibit of burlesque photography at the Fog Art Gallery in Chelsea, New York, in late 2010.
My first print publications included photographs in Catherine Jamieson's book Create Your Own Photo Blog, a Coney Island fireworks photo in Time Out New York, and a set of live music shots of the Florida band Humbert in a cover feature in New Times magazine.
...hey! buy stuff here:
I wouldn't mind controlling the world - I understand you get to eat as much barbecue as you want once you're doing it. On the other hand, the hours are daunting.
My old Flickr handle was Corporal Tunnel; you may have seen me under that name in your travels.
I run the (currently inactive) independent record label Home Office Records, and am a writer, poet, and actor, in addition to the photography thing. A day job pays the bills. I graduated cum laude from Harvard in 1987, have hitch-hiked cross country and back, and beyond New York I have lived in Boston, Dallas, London, Paris, Pietrasanta, Roma and Berlin. Next stop: West Coast. One of these days. In the meantime, I'm writing a novel. By fits and starts, and sometimes not at all.
Photos of Linus Gelber (7)
- Movie Theaters & Drive Ins 15,908 photos, 1,130 members
- Movie Theatres 15,185 photos, 648 members
- Brooklyn Bridge Park Visitor Photos 1,375 photos, 181 members
- Empty Chairs & Benches Unlimited 14,997 photos, 1,799 members
- derelict farm 2,543 photos, 199 members
- Writing Machines 5,139 photos, 8,061 members
- Science Fiction Unleashed 34,212 photos, 2,875 members
- The Big Lebowski 680 photos, 213 members
- Don't Panic! 480 photos, 254 members
- Doctor Who! 15,401 photos, 1,484 members
- Comics 48,668 photos, 4,077 members
- Song of Ice and Fire 1,327 photos, 373 members
- Riverside Park, NYC 730 photos, 85 members
- Upper West Side 5,059 photos, 277 members
- MoMA The Museum of Modern Art (Official) 6,158 photos, 2,459 members
- Star Wars Fans United 31,327 photos, 3,229 members
- Hurricane-Sandy 4,958 photos, 649 members
- Up-State New York 21,070 photos, 631 members
- California 264,331 photos, 7,441 members
- Los Angeles 205,907 photos, 10,553 members
- Peeps-tastic! 2,479 photos, 697 members
- Flickr CPR 8,808 photos, 570 members
- FACE Painting. 8,286 photos, 1,291 members
- Cemeteries - Cementerios - Friedhoefe - Cimetières - Cimiteri 126,132 photos, 7,479 members
- Oldtimer/ Vintage cars/ Coches antiguos (WW II - 1970) 34,506 photos, 1,620 members
- Native Voices 3,287 photos, 214 members
- Somerville, MA 3,880 photos, 286 members
- Davis Square 02144 1,658 photos, 327 members
- Santa Monica 11,644 photos, 1,412 members
- California Landscape and Seascape 55,666 photos, 2,520 members
- Sunglasses 6,918 photos, 1,315 members
- American Pow Wow 4,691 photos, 451 members
- Doctor Who 18,379 photos, 2,053 members
- Cowboys & Cowgirls 9,143 photos, 1,322 members
- Graffiti / Street Art 815,392 photos, 17,830 members
- Cleveland, O' High Oh 11,451 photos, 612 members
- New Jersey - The Garden State 54,818 photos, 1,886 members
- #OccupyWallStreet 14,084 photos, 659 members
- New Orleans Photography 59,710 photos, 2,636 members
- Street Musicians - Buskers 14,656 photos, 2,652 members
- New Orleans 66,558 photos, 3,590 members
- Wedding Photography 237,629 photos, 48,750 members
- Atlantic City 6,109 photos, 527 members
- Union Square, NYC 3,595 photos, 1,098 members
- Boing Boing 108,534 photos, 5,235 members
- Modern Pinup Images 12,040 photos, 1,951 members
- Atlantic Antic 578 photos, 50 members
- NPR Look At This 150,290 photos, 6,163 members
- el+ho 19 photos, 3 members
- The Lotus Garden in NYC 20 photos, 10 members
"If it weren't for Linus, I would never have fallen in love with Tigger. But Tigger never comes to Toronto. Do you suppose that if I sent Linus a bill for the resulting trip to New York City, he'd pay up?
Oh, well. I knew that answer. But at least I'd have been paid with a glimpse into the richly coloured he lives in."
July 22nd, 2006
"Linus is surprising and clever and big-hearted and interesting and, even better than that: interested. I think that is his magic. Linus is interested in what is going on around him, and that is evident loud and clear in his photos. One of my favorite flickr peeps."
September 19th, 2005
- Linus Gelber
- April 2005
- New York
- New York, USA
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Pepper of the Earth