Photography is an important part of my life. Ever since I can remember I have loved capturing precious moments. My Grandmother was always taking photos on her many adventures and her passion for photography seems to have rubbed off onto me.
My earliest photographs were portraits of friends and family. I enjoy freezing a moment in time, capturing images that are fun and full of expression. I am available for local photosessions and product photography.
Most of my photos are licensed Attribution, Non Commercial, No Derivative Works. If you wish to use one of my photos for a commercial purpose please contact me and I am sure we can come to some arrangement.
Attribution should be given if my photo is used. Flickr requires that you link back to the photograph's page. I require that somewhere on the page there is
a link to my profile or photography website. If you wish to use a photo for commercial purposes then please check out my site for listings of stock photography agencies and licensing.
1. Blog style (reference)
valentines day - pink gerbera with a heart of chocolate! by vanessapr
3. Photography by Vanessa Pike-Russell
Some of my most interesting photos
I have a stock photo account with ozstock images, fotolia and gekko images and sell prints and cards through Redbubble.
The easiest way to find my stock photography accounts is to search for vanessa pike russell and fotolia or ozstock images or email me for the link since Flickr doesn't allow external links that aren't approved.
I created the following groups: Illawarra Groups
Illawarra Restaurant Reviews - restaurant and entertainment reviews of the Illawarra (Wollongong and Shellharbour areas)
Nan Tien Temple Group - an amazing place to visit. I'm not buddhist but you don't need to be to appreciate the serene surrounds, cultural significance and museum. The largest buddhist temple in the Southern Hemisphere.
University of Wollongong - I live very close to the university and have studied on and off since 1991. One of the prettiest campuses in Australia.
Definitely worth a visit! Across the road is the Wollongong Botanic Gardens
I'm an admin at New South Wales Group
New South Wales is a very diverse and beautiful state.
- Meringues, Macarons, and Whipped Cream 21,477 photos, 1,040 members
- Calendar Crabs 28 photos, 16 members
- Crabitat of the Month 48 photos, 19 members
- !Flickr Food & Cuisine Around the world *none food pics will be 251,231 photos, 10,552 members
- Filipino Food 3,755 photos, 751 members
- Insects, Spiders, Frogs, Snails and Slugs 52,682 photos, 1,326 members
- Fabulous Foliage -- No flowers as main theme 62,760 photos, 4,451 members
- The Land Hermit Crab Owners Society 8 photos, 2 members
- Brisbane Food Bloggers 71 photos, 2 members
- 'Views: 7 - 25 67,067 photos, 2,652 members
- Pentax K01 Australia 16 photos, 6 members
- Pentax K-01 Street Photography 1,236 photos, 154 members
- Pentax K-01 15,216 photos, 861 members
- Land Hermit Crabs 542 photos, 76 members
- An Instant On The Lips 1,934 photos, 3 members
- Come smell the Flowers 21,223 photos, 414 members
- Orchids 150,843 photos, 10,061 members
- Orchid Portrait (Orchid Flower & Plants Only) 13,856 photos, 520 members
- Brisbane Meetup 2,975 photos, 842 members
- Fish Market 3,399 photos, 443 members
- Gourmet Kitchen Ingredients 3,686 photos, 144 members
- Food Photography That Looks Good 20,125 photos, 1,242 members
- Favorites: 250 7,696 photos, 1,772 members
- favorites 100+ 17,683 photos, 537 members
- Favorites of Flickr 14,994 photos, 320 members
- Favorites: 90 14,235 photos, 3,790 members
- Favorites: 80 17,646 photos, 4,284 members
- Views: 100,000 397 photos, 220 members
- Views: 50,000 1,892 photos, 462 members
- Raby Bay Twilight Makers Market 46 photos, 1 member
- standup comedy 943 photos, 70 members
- Standup 1,208 photos, 100 members
- Comedy 621 photos, 77 members
- Moreton Bay and Islands 687 photos, 21 members
- Brisbane Photojournalism & Culture 80 photos, 12 members
- ABC Brisbane 1,754 photos, 105 members
- Welcome to BNE 1,883 photos, 96 members
- Loud and noisy, NO MORE TRAINS, PLEASE! NO MORE CONCERTS...read 4,802 photos, 204 members
- Magic of photography 517,584 photos, 10,666 members
- HIDDEN TREASURE POST 1 AWARD 3 265,177 photos, 13,181 members
- Creative Commons- Free Pictures (no new members!) 14,526 photos, 2,789 members
- Project Weather 638,749 photos, 94,182 members
- 75,000 Views Unlimited 75000 328 photos, 174 members
- Cholesterol Specials 2,453 photos, 82 members
- Give Us Your Best Shot! 399 photos, 586 members
- 50 View Club (Max 99 Views) 51,595 photos, 1,715 members
- * ❤ SOLO RITRATTI / PORTRAITS ❤ Admin Invite only P1/C2 212,660 photos, 5,506 members
- Macro Melody 707 photos, 41 members
- P&O Australia 899 photos, 67 members
- *Food-a-holiC* ~ post 1, awards 3 10,876 photos, 1,099 members
Yorrick from Oz says:
"Vanessa is out there with her camera carving everything up, from food shots that make you want to lick your screen, people shots that say "people are important", the biggest buildings and the smallest details, flowers, trees, birds and bees, everything is there, and all of it is good :)"
April 6th, 2008
- Vanessa Pike-Russell
- August 2005
- Cleveland, QLD, Australia
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Web Developer, Photographer
- Vanessa Pike Russell Photography
- vanessa.pike.russell [at] gmail.com