- Growing Up Star Wars: 1977-1985 1,011 photos, 1,628 members
- PLM 2011 179 photos, 9 members
- ALAannual11 2,970 photos, 175 members
- Library Renewal 36 photos, 6 members
- The Future We'll Make: TEDxChange Photo Campaign 986 photos, 192 members
- Ploughman's Lunch 655 photos, 105 members
- Whiffies Fried Pies 144 photos, 20 members
- ExperienceWA (Washington State Tourism Photos) 130,093 photos, 2,911 members
- T is for Training 76 photos, 13 members
- Colour Chart 3,153 photos, 1,952 members
- Library 101 610 photos, 61 members
- ALAannual2009 787 photos, 162 members
- ALA Annual 2009 Chicago 270 photos, 19 members
- Michael Jackson 2,820 photos, 1,380 members
- Pop culture 91,282 photos, 4,421 members
- Tribute to Michael Jackson 3,621 photos, 1,389 members
- Geek the Library 3,316 photos, 230 members
- Sign of the Cow (Giant Cows & Signage) 671 photos, 411 members
- Fail play 9 photos, 6 members
- The Trevor Carpenter PhotoChallenge 19,172 photos, 2,430 members
- Google Street View Cars 909 photos, 530 members
- ROTHKOesque 9,991 photos, 11,347 members
- People Wearing Cindi's Glasses 8 photos, 17 members
- /geeks 86,511 photos, 5,242 members
- Librarian Shoes 359 photos, 157 members
- Librarian Yearbook Photos 6 photos, 7 members
- WoW Libraries and Librarians Guild Photos 586 photos, 23 members
- Folger Shakespeare Library 73 photos, 22 members
- Missouri Libraries, Librarians, Events, etc 1,148 photos, 58 members
- ALA TechSource TechShots 192 photos, 99 members
- ALAAnnual2008 842 photos, 156 members
- gaming @ your library 482 photos, 157 members
- NLW - Day in the Life of SC Libraries Photo Contest 2008 23 photos, 29 members
- Libraries and Librarians With XO Laptops 39 photos, 13 members
- 80s! 22,021 photos, 1,944 members
- Memories of the Crocodile 493 photos, 19 members
- ALAMidwinter08 499 photos, 116 members
- Geocaching 21,188 photos, 2,098 members
- Vintage Computers 7,153 photos, 1,212 members
- Librarians in Showercaps 31 photos, 23 members
- 2012 Library Summer Reading Programs 3,414 photos, 119 members
- Online Community Conferences and Unconferences 50 photos, 2 members
- OCLC 31 photos, 4 members
- Library 2.0 223 photos, 152 members
- Red, Black & White 6,161 photos, 921 members
- Star Wars 72,561 photos, 6,633 members
- Cut Me, Wicked Servant... 528 photos, 272 members
- 24 hours of Flickr 5,049 photos, 17,360 members
- NLW - Day in the Life of SC Libraries 28 photos, 37 members
- Sustainable Seattle! 548 photos, 102 members
"Me gusta Libraryman muchisimo!
April 1st, 2008
Sarah Mae says:
"Libraryman is a kick-ass photographer and advocate for 21st century libraries. He has also survived the Delete Me group to gain a spot in the Vault. Quite commendable."
August 15th, 2007
"Hey, here's a superhero with energy. Reams, stacks and archives of energy! I got hooked to Flickr after being inspired by his Web2.0 presentation at the Internet 2006 Librarian Conference in Monterey. Thanks, Libraryman! You saved the day!"
January 11th, 2007
marvelous fall says:
""Libraryman" is not your typical LIS techie. Yes, he loves his tech toys, and he shows with great humor and enthusiasm, but he keeps reminding librarians why these are important as we try to revision libraries in the present and future."
November 19th, 2006
Kymberlee della Luce says:
"Michael has the rare gift of celebrating the myriad wonders of life with his photos. I am always delighted to see new photos from him and eagerly "open" them like presents on Christmas morning.
His work shows his attention to detail, the lush sensuality that life has to offer and the warmth and absurdity that are always waiting for us if we look for it.
Thank you, Libraryman, for cataloging your life with such beauty and wonder. I am grateful for the opportunity to see life through your eyes."
October 8th, 2005
Random Factor says:
"Libraryman has no bones, but rather is composed of a series of fluid-filled bladders surrounded by a hard exoskeleton. Libraryman can turn light switches on and off with the power of his mind. Libraryman has the Buddha Nature as well as a Tombstone Disposition. Libraryman will kill you three times before you hit the floor. Do not taunt Libraryman."
July 7th, 2005
"libraryman has a great eye for the absurd and a wonderful sense of humor. i just completely admire him, from afar. *sniff*"
July 6th, 2005
"It was the frolicking in the Tuscan field of poppies beneath the bright spring sun that haunts me to this day.
I tried to believe it was just the Brunello, but I knew that wasn't true. It was the sparkle in Libraryman's eyes when he spoke of cataloging, his endless quest for the perfect answer to an obscure reference question. Yes, it was his thirst for knowledge (and wine)."
June 2nd, 2005
oh dr. jack says:
"Libraryman and I have travelled the Orient together and I have been with him since he was sreaming in his crib as a wee lad. He is a survivor and a Renaissance Man; he has a kind heart and a perverse sense of humor and is man enough to love Poodles. It is always a treat to hang with him. 'Nuff said."
June 1st, 2005
"Libraryman and I have traveled the states together, and I can tell you here and now he is a gentleman and a soldier. His love and knowledge of art, food, libraries, and wine is unabashed, and in terms of men's shoes, his style and flair know no peer. He's handy with a camera, too. And a razor."
April 17th, 2005
- Michael Porter
- February 2005
- Seattle, USA
- I am:
- The Libraryman Blog