- Growing Up Star Wars: 1977-1985 1,024 photos, 1,627 members
- PLM 2011 179 photos, 9 members
- ALAannual11 2,966 photos, 176 members
- Library Renewal 36 photos, 6 members
- The Future We'll Make: TEDxChange Photo Campaign 986 photos, 193 members
- Ploughman's Lunch 649 photos, 104 members
- Whiffies Fried Pies 144 photos, 20 members
- ExperienceWA (Washington State Tourism Photos) 128,282 photos, 2,880 members
- T is for Training 76 photos, 13 members
- Colour Chart 3,198 photos, 1,980 members
- Library 101 610 photos, 64 members
- ALAannual2009 787 photos, 165 members
- ALA Annual 2009 Chicago 287 photos, 19 members
- Michael Jackson 2,858 photos, 1,381 members
- Pop culture 89,022 photos, 4,375 members
- Tribute to Michael Jackson 3,675 photos, 1,398 members
- Geek the Library 3,312 photos, 230 members
- Sign of the Cow (Giant Cows & Signage) 675 photos, 414 members
- Fail play 9 photos, 6 members
- PhotoChallenge.org 18,588 photos, 2,432 members
- Google Street View Cars 912 photos, 528 members
- ROTHKOesque 10,052 photos, 11,098 members
- People Wearing Cindi's Glasses 9 photos, 17 members
- /geeks 83,425 photos, 5,242 members
- Librarian Shoes 359 photos, 159 members
- Librarian Yearbook Photos 6 photos, 7 members
- WoW Libraries and Librarians Guild Photos 586 photos, 23 members
- Folger Shakespeare Library 73 photos, 23 members
- Missouri Libraries, Librarians, Events, etc 1,147 photos, 58 members
- ALA TechSource TechShots 187 photos, 100 members
- ALAAnnual2008 962 photos, 159 members
- gaming @ your library 470 photos, 154 members
- NLW - Day in the Life of SC Libraries Photo Contest 2008 26 photos, 30 members
- Libraries and Librarians With XO Laptops 39 photos, 14 members
- 80s! 17,696 photos, 1,900 members
- Memories of the Crocodile 494 photos, 18 members
- ALAMidwinter08 499 photos, 118 members
- Geocaching 21,200 photos, 2,115 members
- Vintage Computers 6,892 photos, 1,190 members
- Librarians in Showercaps 31 photos, 24 members
- 2012 Library Summer Reading Programs 3,415 photos, 120 members
- Online Community Conferences and Unconferences 50 photos, 2 members
- OCLC 31 photos, 4 members
- Library 2.0 202 photos, 151 members
- Red, Black & White 5,834 photos, 909 members
- Star Wars 69,431 photos, 6,553 members
- Cut Me, Wicked Servant... 502 photos, 274 members
- 24 hours of Flickr 5,097 photos, 17,529 members
- NLW - Day in the Life of SC Libraries 28 photos, 37 members
- Sustainable Seattle! 541 photos, 102 members
"Me gusta Libraryman muchisimo!
April 1st, 2008
Sarah Mae says:
"Libraryman is a kick-ass photographer and advocate for 21st century libraries. He has also survived the Delete Me group to gain a spot in the Vault. Quite commendable."
August 15th, 2007
"Hey, here's a superhero with energy. Reams, stacks and archives of energy! I got hooked to Flickr after being inspired by his Web2.0 presentation at the Internet 2006 Librarian Conference in Monterey. Thanks, Libraryman! You saved the day!"
January 11th, 2007
""Libraryman" is not your typical LIS techie. Yes, he loves his tech toys, and he shows with great humor and enthusiasm, but he keeps reminding librarians why these are important as we try to revision libraries in the present and future."
November 19th, 2006
Kymberlee della Luce says:
"Michael has the rare gift of celebrating the myriad wonders of life with his photos. I am always delighted to see new photos from him and eagerly "open" them like presents on Christmas morning.
His work shows his attention to detail, the lush sensuality that life has to offer and the warmth and absurdity that are always waiting for us if we look for it.
Thank you, Libraryman, for cataloging your life with such beauty and wonder. I am grateful for the opportunity to see life through your eyes."
October 8th, 2005
Random Factor says:
"Libraryman has no bones, but rather is composed of a series of fluid-filled bladders surrounded by a hard exoskeleton. Libraryman can turn light switches on and off with the power of his mind. Libraryman has the Buddha Nature as well as a Tombstone Disposition. Libraryman will kill you three times before you hit the floor. Do not taunt Libraryman."
July 7th, 2005
"libraryman has a great eye for the absurd and a wonderful sense of humor. i just completely admire him, from afar. *sniff*"
July 6th, 2005
"It was the frolicking in the Tuscan field of poppies beneath the bright spring sun that haunts me to this day.
I tried to believe it was just the Brunello, but I knew that wasn't true. It was the sparkle in Libraryman's eyes when he spoke of cataloging, his endless quest for the perfect answer to an obscure reference question. Yes, it was his thirst for knowledge (and wine)."
June 2nd, 2005
oh dr. jack says:
"Libraryman and I have travelled the Orient together and I have been with him since he was sreaming in his crib as a wee lad. He is a survivor and a Renaissance Man; he has a kind heart and a perverse sense of humor and is man enough to love Poodles. It is always a treat to hang with him. 'Nuff said."
June 1st, 2005
"Libraryman and I have traveled the states together, and I can tell you here and now he is a gentleman and a soldier. His love and knowledge of art, food, libraries, and wine is unabashed, and in terms of men's shoes, his style and flair know no peer. He's handy with a camera, too. And a razor."
April 17th, 2005
- Michael Porter
- February 2005
- Seattle, USA
- I am:
- The Libraryman Blog