- Growing Up Star Wars: 1977-1985 992 photos, 1,619 members
- PLM 2011 179 photos, 8 members
- ALAannual11 2,699 photos, 174 members
- Library Renewal 89 photos, 7 members
- The Future We'll Make: TEDxChange Photo Campaign 986 photos, 192 members
- Ploughman's Lunch 664 photos, 106 members
- Whiffies Fried Pies 144 photos, 20 members
- ExperienceWA (Washington State Tourism Photos) 131,813 photos, 2,924 members
- T is for Training 76 photos, 13 members
- Colour Chart 3,121 photos, 1,938 members
- Library 101 610 photos, 60 members
- ALAannual2009 785 photos, 160 members
- ALA Annual 2009 Chicago 268 photos, 19 members
- Michael Jackson 2,625 photos, 1,380 members
- Pop culture 95,748 photos, 4,444 members
- Tribute to Michael Jackson 3,530 photos, 1,382 members
- Geek the Library 3,323 photos, 233 members
- Sign of the Cow (Giant Cows & Signage) 648 photos, 408 members
- Fail play 9 photos, 6 members
- The Trevor Carpenter PhotoChallenge 19,338 photos, 2,412 members
- Google Street View Cars 895 photos, 527 members
- ROTHKOesque 9,783 photos, 11,427 members
- People Wearing Cindi's Glasses 8 photos, 17 members
- /geeks 87,077 photos, 5,212 members
- Librarian Shoes 358 photos, 155 members
- Librarian Yearbook Photos 6 photos, 7 members
- WoW Libraries and Librarians Guild Photos 586 photos, 23 members
- Folger Shakespeare Library 73 photos, 22 members
- Missouri Libraries, Librarians, Events, etc 1,147 photos, 58 members
- ALA TechSource TechShots 195 photos, 97 members
- ALAAnnual2008 818 photos, 152 members
- gaming @ your library 423 photos, 163 members
- NLW - Day in the Life of SC Libraries Photo Contest 2008 23 photos, 28 members
- Libraries and Librarians With XO Laptops 33 photos, 13 members
- 80s! 22,048 photos, 1,965 members
- Memories of the Crocodile 493 photos, 19 members
- ALAMidwinter08 499 photos, 116 members
- Geocaching 20,768 photos, 2,085 members
- Vintage Computers 7,127 photos, 1,219 members
- Librarians in Showercaps 31 photos, 23 members
- 2012 Library Summer Reading Programs 3,388 photos, 117 members
- Online Community Conferences and Unconferences 50 photos, 2 members
- OCLC 31 photos, 4 members
- Library 2.0 227 photos, 150 members
- Red, Black & White 6,374 photos, 921 members
- Star Wars 73,594 photos, 6,644 members
- Cut Me, Wicked Servant... 532 photos, 268 members
- 24 hours of Flickr 4,964 photos, 17,242 members
- NLW - Day in the Life of SC Libraries 28 photos, 36 members
- Sustainable Seattle! 547 photos, 102 members
"Me gusta Libraryman muchisimo!
April 1st, 2008
Sarah Mae says:
"Libraryman is a kick-ass photographer and advocate for 21st century libraries. He has also survived the Delete Me group to gain a spot in the Vault. Quite commendable."
August 15th, 2007
"Hey, here's a superhero with energy. Reams, stacks and archives of energy! I got hooked to Flickr after being inspired by his Web2.0 presentation at the Internet 2006 Librarian Conference in Monterey. Thanks, Libraryman! You saved the day!"
January 11th, 2007
marvelous fall says:
""Libraryman" is not your typical LIS techie. Yes, he loves his tech toys, and he shows with great humor and enthusiasm, but he keeps reminding librarians why these are important as we try to revision libraries in the present and future."
November 19th, 2006
Kymberlee della Luce says:
"Michael has the rare gift of celebrating the myriad wonders of life with his photos. I am always delighted to see new photos from him and eagerly "open" them like presents on Christmas morning.
His work shows his attention to detail, the lush sensuality that life has to offer and the warmth and absurdity that are always waiting for us if we look for it.
Thank you, Libraryman, for cataloging your life with such beauty and wonder. I am grateful for the opportunity to see life through your eyes."
October 8th, 2005
Random Factor says:
"Libraryman has no bones, but rather is composed of a series of fluid-filled bladders surrounded by a hard exoskeleton. Libraryman can turn light switches on and off with the power of his mind. Libraryman has the Buddha Nature as well as a Tombstone Disposition. Libraryman will kill you three times before you hit the floor. Do not taunt Libraryman."
July 7th, 2005
"libraryman has a great eye for the absurd and a wonderful sense of humor. i just completely admire him, from afar. *sniff*"
July 6th, 2005
"It was the frolicking in the Tuscan field of poppies beneath the bright spring sun that haunts me to this day.
I tried to believe it was just the Brunello, but I knew that wasn't true. It was the sparkle in Libraryman's eyes when he spoke of cataloging, his endless quest for the perfect answer to an obscure reference question. Yes, it was his thirst for knowledge (and wine)."
June 2nd, 2005
oh dr. jack says:
"Libraryman and I have travelled the Orient together and I have been with him since he was sreaming in his crib as a wee lad. He is a survivor and a Renaissance Man; he has a kind heart and a perverse sense of humor and is man enough to love Poodles. It is always a treat to hang with him. 'Nuff said."
June 1st, 2005
"Libraryman and I have traveled the states together, and I can tell you here and now he is a gentleman and a soldier. His love and knowledge of art, food, libraries, and wine is unabashed, and in terms of men's shoes, his style and flair know no peer. He's handy with a camera, too. And a razor."
April 17th, 2005
- Michael Porter
- February 2005
- Seattle, USA
- I am:
- The Libraryman Blog