Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
I invite you to join my group:
The Definitive Guide to Realistic High Dynamic Range Images
The Black and White Guide to Monochrome Conversions
¤ ¤ ¤
Other great groups:
Bokeh: Smooth and Silky
True Tone HDR
¤ ¤ ¤
My most interesting pictures, according to Flickr.
My stream in widescreen.
¤ ¤ ¤
All my images are ©opyright by me. I do sell prints, if you have a request, just mail me.
- Landscape 1,082,932 photos, 101,761 members
- artland 1,220,347 photos, 43,066 members
- closed for some time 34,352 photos, 4,631 members
- **Platinum Heart Awards** (Only with 8+Heart Awards Invitation!) 218,211 photos, 15,035 members
- The Gallery Of Fine Photography [DISCONTINUED] 40,299 photos, 5,078 members
- S♥per ♥ Hearts - 10 Pink Hearts - CLOSED! 62,178 photos, 9,518 members
- Photographic Excellence (Post 1 Award 1) 56,720 photos, 3,489 members
- Fl♥ckr Hearts -- Post 1 & Give 3 Hearts - CLOSED 659,223 photos, 33,986 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 4,798,036 photos, 189,290 members
- 1-2-3 502,042 photos, 17,197 members
- ! !^FreedomHawk Level 1 (Post 1:Award/Fave 3) 144,114 photos, 10,111 members
- **Heart Awards** (P.1 Award 5) 1,241,220 photos, 36,906 members
- Something Blue (Only Blue) 456,729 photos, 55,946 members
- Cloud Junkie 489,883 photos, 48,540 members
- Better Than Good 639,552 photos, 47,361 members
- U.S. National Parks 218,428 photos, 19,458 members
- **Brilliant~Eye~Jewels** INVITED PICS ONLY! P1/C2 199,874 photos, 21,631 members
- In Fine Style 40,671 photos, 4,523 members
- Stuck in Customs' Brilliant Cabal - My Cool and Clever Friends 121,057 photos, 4,037 members
- Strobist.com 608,172 photos, 124,165 members
- Galen Rowell Tribute 3,074 photos, 231 members
- Super Shots - Post 1 - Award 2 296,202 photos, 40,529 members
- Bratanesque (invited pics only) 3,187 photos, 627 members
- The 25% MagicDonkey Solution 1,973 photos, 456 members
- MagicDonkey 9,140 photos, 1,036 members
- **FlickrsBest** 245,947 photos, 17,218 members
- Natures Finest (Invited Images Only) 333,079 photos, 39,993 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 285,387 photos, 41,640 members
- Critique Portfolio Pro - Photo Critiques and Discussions 3,424 photos, 1,692 members
- Animal Kingdom (YOUR IMAGE MUST HAVE AN INVITE) 21,674 photos, 5,678 members
- *****FIVE STARS GALLERY***** (invitation only by Admins) 3,684 photos, 1,002 members
- An Awesome Shot! Invited Photos ONLY!! 452,861 photos, 51,139 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 501,765 photos, 21,447 members
- LeggNet's Contacts 25,340 photos, 1,304 members
- Shield Of Excellence 533,840 photos, 40,889 members
- Excellence in Floral Photography_INVITED IMAGES ONLY 32,567 photos, 7,385 members
- Outstanding Shots - Invite Only 21,066 photos, 8,427 members
- ╠Art Libre-Free Art-Arte Libre/Challenge#22 "REFLECTION" 50,977 photos, 8,776 members
- Spectacular Objects - Invited Photos Only 887 photos, 618 members
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only) 485,829 photos, 63,774 members
- Flickr Hacks 420 photos, 22,010 members
- Beautiful Clouds 304,235 photos, 22,353 members
- Spectacular Animals-Invited Photos Only 94,075 photos, 9,813 members
- Leviathor's Labyrinth: Lobotomy Laboratory 3,023 photos, 489 members
- Scientist Photographers 21,278 photos, 3,409 members
- TTHDR (True Tone High Dynamic Range) 36,258 photos, 2,580 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Weekend Showcase *OPEN* 4,525,281 photos, 121,737 members
- Bokeh: Smooth & Silky 1,457,960 photos, 75,188 members
- The Best: BRAVO (INVITED images only) 60,324 photos, 7,478 members
- Utata 463,762 photos, 28,327 members
johopo (john) says:
"Sit back, relax, take your time and enjoy Paul's photostream!
What you will encounter is a talented photographer who has captured a variety of subjects with great skill and style! Images to delight us!
He is also a person who likes to share and educate. I remember reading his write-up on HDR when I first got introduced to the technique and it was very helpful!
Thanks, Paul, for the support and friendship!"
November 1st, 2007
Giuseppe Parisi says:
"Hey if your visiting this photostream it's sure the you've already been struck by this amazing photographer!
He's Paul and he's great!
He has a great technical skill infact he touches every photographic style and always amaze us with shots that are truely pieces of art
As big fan of HDR, I can easyly say that Paul's HDR are the few I like among all Flickr tone mappers!
Real, Clean, Elegant, Precise... stunning!
This is the way to define Leviathor!"
April 20th, 2007
"Paul is definitely a superb photographer. I am honoured to be a contact of his. His words are always encouraging and his dedication to groups is wonderful.
"Thank you for taking the time."
Keep in touch. You are always welcome!
April 20th, 2007
Jeff Clow says:
"Paul (aka Leviathor) is a world class photographer, and one quick dash through his most recent photos posted will confirm that fact. His use of color, composition and light is some of the best you'll see here - or anywhere.
What you may not know about this talented human being is that he is also a world class gentleman.... who is always quick to praise others and always quick to help out if an individual has a question at the site.
Flickr is a much better place because of Paul's involvement, and I'm proud to be able to call him a friend."
December 29th, 2006
"The constant quality of work that Leviathor posts on Flickr is simply amazing. He is able to capture the remarkable color of his subjects and present them in a way that is true art.
Leviathor is a definite asset to the Flickr community."
November 6th, 2006
Matt "Linus" Ottosen says:
"Awe-inspiring, the best way to describe Leviathor's photostream! He truly knows how to capture amazing photographs; with the right mix of color, lighting, and a great subject. I always find myself looking forward to his next photo."
October 9th, 2006
Gail Orenstein says:
"truely beautiful work-a wonderful photo journey-one that is well worth taking-great job."
October 1st, 2006
"Amazing. A term that is hackneyed and overused, but not in his case. I am twice Paul's age and he is three times the photographer I will ever be. Every time I look at his photostream, I am awestruck at his use of lighting, framing and perpective. He also lets me know a thing or two about what I am looking at.
I look forward to every shot that he uploads and am quite thankful that Flickr has his talents constantly showcased."
September 30th, 2006
"Leviathor is one of my favorite photographers here on flickr and I am proud that he is a fellow Wisconsinite as well:) I believe I discovered Leviathor's beautiful photostream after seeing some of his work in a Wisconsin flickr group several months ago. Since, then I have been thoroughly impressed with his work and admire and look up to him as an expert photographer. His work is very diverse, ranging from beautiful rural scenes here in Wisconsin, unique angles of sports cars, birds in flight, his impressive road trip to the Western United States this summer, and of course his famous photo "Framed!" which is now a legendary photo here on flickr. It is definitely a pleasure to see the world through Leviathor's eyes. Not only is he an impressive photographer, but he is very honest but helpful with the comments he leaves on other people's photos. His comments are always very thoughtful and I appreciate the time he takes to make suggestions on how to improve a photo. I respect his constructive input since I know that it comes from an expert. Leviathor, thank you very much for being a friend, and I look forward to admiring your future work!"
September 10th, 2006
"In my 34 years there are only four people I have known that I can label with the word “dynamic” and Leviathor is one. He has integrity, a love of knowledge, a desire to help and a real sense of communication. His eye for perfection is a gift.
Coming to flickr with less than amateur knowledge about photography, my pictures were met with grounded constructive comments from Leviathor. When questioned about his comments or asked to elaborate, he will explain exactly what he is talking about in terms that anyone could understand. He was willing to take his time to help me (and others) understand some points of photography he had already mastered. Something I cannot thank him enough for.
He will never back down from challenging a picture or slap on a “good job” comment to make you feel good. He is honest and critical, a necessity if we are to improve. Leviathor is the sort of friend I can really appreciate. He is the kind of person that makes me better for knowing him.
Thank you for everything, L."
May 12th, 2006
"What to say about Leviathor? I encountered his picturs as well as his way to look at pictures of others in MiRea's Realm.
Being a great photographer himself, he is a judge not easy to overcome. Does this sound bad to you? Well then you have to understand that my way to look at things is different. I love it to be challenged. I love it to be pushed over the borders. Sometimes it hurts, but it always helps in the long run. He is one of the view that really go into the picture, look at it, think about what to improve and tells you - unvarnished. Great thing - exactly what I need.
He can take critique either well. This is a personality I really appreciate. Honest and demanding honesty.
Were he close enough to meet him personally I would consider him a real (in opposition to virtual) friend. Thanks Leviathor, whose real name I don't even know and neither where he's from, and still I think that I know him well - flickr is a great thing, obviously."
April 20th, 2006
"There's more to Leviathor than someone with a great eye for an image, more to him than the obvious talent his work displays, his awareness of the image in the moment.
If you want someone to tell you how to get the effect you want, hes your man, if you want advice, just ask, if you want to get new directions, look to his mind.
Its not just talent that defines a photographer its their willingness to share and help, to encourage and teach that makes a great photographer and Leviathor has it in buckets.
Look at his stream, discover what his wonderful images hold, you will never be bored or dissapointed."
April 15th, 2006
"Looking through Leviathor's photostream is like looking into a kaliedoscope... it's ever changing, but always beautiful."
March 25th, 2006
- December 2005
- I am:
- Paul Omernik Photography