Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
I invite you to join my group:
The Definitive Guide to Realistic High Dynamic Range Images
The Black and White Guide to Monochrome Conversions
¤ ¤ ¤
Other great groups:
Bokeh: Smooth and Silky
True Tone HDR
¤ ¤ ¤
My most interesting pictures, according to Flickr.
My stream in widescreen.
¤ ¤ ¤
All my images are ©opyright by me. I do sell prints, if you have a request, just mail me.
- artland 602,821 photos, 30,708 members
- EMPYREAN FLORA 32,376 photos, 4,721 members
- **Platinum Heart Awards** (Only with 8+Heart Awards Invitation!) 196,977 photos, 14,817 members
- The Gallery Of Fine Photography [DISCONTINUED] 42,815 photos, 5,212 members
- S♥per ♥ Hearts - 10 Pink - Post 1 & Give 3 Super Hearts 68,061 photos, 10,188 members
- Photographic Excellence (Post 1 Award 1) 40,629 photos, 3,457 members
- Fl♥ckr Hearts -- Post 1 & Give 3 Hearts - Sweeper Active! 700,565 photos, 35,263 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 2,905,029 photos, 144,975 members
- 1-2-3 449,041 photos, 16,399 members
- ! !^FreedomHawk "Post1/AW3/ MANDATORY - PLEASE NEW CODES 116,103 photos, 9,111 members
- **Heart Awards** (P.1 Award 5) 1,087,923 photos, 35,640 members
- Something Blue (Only Blue) 299,681 photos, 35,906 members
- Cloud Junkie 304,198 photos, 28,712 members
- Better Than Good - Level 1 (p1/a5) 496,668 photos, 45,148 members
- U.S. National Parks 134,669 photos, 12,799 members
- **Brilliant~Eye~Jewels** INVITED PICS ONLY! P1/C2 182,082 photos, 22,002 members
- In Fine Style 42,685 photos, 4,668 members
- Stuck in Customs' Brilliant Cabal - My Cool and Clever Friends 107,184 photos, 4,051 members
- Strobist.com 588,249 photos, 117,587 members
- Galen Rowell Tribute 2,942 photos, 242 members
- Super Shots - Only Invited Photos - Nominate Now 257,395 photos, 40,522 members
- Bratanesque (invited pics only) 3,339 photos, 654 members
- The 25% MagicDonkey Solution 2,085 photos, 464 members
- MagicDonkey 9,715 photos, 1,069 members
- FlickrsBest the original 98,217 photos, 14,789 members
- Natures Finest (Invited Images Only) 299,261 photos, 39,392 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 284,177 photos, 42,418 members
- Critique Portfolio Pro - Photo Critiques and Discussions 3,046 photos, 1,652 members
- Animal Kingdom (YOUR IMAGE MUST HAVE AN INVITE) 22,376 photos, 5,805 members
- *****FIVE STARS GALLERY***** (invitation only by Admins) 3,819 photos, 1,000 members
- An Awesome Shot! Invited Photos ONLY!! 371,707 photos, 50,372 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 329,607 photos, 19,490 members
- LeggNet's Contacts 25,477 photos, 1,347 members
- Shield Of Excellence - Level 1 (p1/a5) 412,204 photos, 39,425 members
- Excellence in Floral Photography_INVITED IMAGES ONLY 34,079 photos, 7,535 members
- Outstanding Shots - Invite Only 22,041 photos, 8,554 members
- ╠Art Libre-Free Art-Arte Libre-Freie Kunst-INVITED PIX ONLY 49,617 photos, 7,890 members
- Spectacular Objects - Invited Photos Only 935 photos, 639 members
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only)-Post 1/Fave or Comment 2 494,131 photos, 63,135 members
- MY Winners Closing, now post to BLINK P1/A2 986,940 photos, 86,453 members
- Flickr Hacks 444 photos, 18,484 members
- Beautiful Clouds 250,148 photos, 17,657 members
- Spectacular Animals-Invited Photos Only 84,920 photos, 9,910 members
- Leviathor's Labyrinth: Lobotomy Laboratory 2,929 photos, 493 members
- Scientist Photographers 15,747 photos, 3,162 members
- TTHDR (True Tone High Dynamic Range) 29,213 photos, 2,558 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Weekend Showcase *Open* 3,410,020 photos, 97,495 members
- Bokeh: Smooth & Silky 1,029,260 photos, 61,020 members
- The Best: BRAVO (INVITED images only) 60,877 photos, 7,623 members
- Utata 417,312 photos, 24,185 members
johopo (john) says:
"Sit back, relax, take your time and enjoy Paul's photostream!
What you will encounter is a talented photographer who has captured a variety of subjects with great skill and style! Images to delight us!
He is also a person who likes to share and educate. I remember reading his write-up on HDR when I first got introduced to the technique and it was very helpful!
Thanks, Paul, for the support and friendship!"
1st November, 2007
Giuseppe Parisi says:
"Hey if your visiting this photostream it's sure the you've already been struck by this amazing photographer!
He's Paul and he's great!
He has a great technical skill infact he touches every photographic style and always amaze us with shots that are truely pieces of art
As big fan of HDR, I can easyly say that Paul's HDR are the few I like among all Flickr tone mappers!
Real, Clean, Elegant, Precise... stunning!
This is the way to define Leviathor!"
20th April, 2007
"Paul is definitely a superb photographer. I am honoured to be a contact of his. His words are always encouraging and his dedication to groups is wonderful.
"Thank you for taking the time."
Keep in touch. You are always welcome!
20th April, 2007
Jeff Clow says:
"Paul (aka Leviathor) is a world class photographer, and one quick dash through his most recent photos posted will confirm that fact. His use of color, composition and light is some of the best you'll see here - or anywhere.
What you may not know about this talented human being is that he is also a world class gentleman.... who is always quick to praise others and always quick to help out if an individual has a question at the site.
Flickr is a much better place because of Paul's involvement, and I'm proud to be able to call him a friend."
29th December, 2006
"The constant quality of work that Leviathor posts on Flickr is simply amazing. He is able to capture the remarkable color of his subjects and present them in a way that is true art.
Leviathor is a definite asset to the Flickr community."
6th November, 2006
Matt "Linus" Ottosen says:
"Awe-inspiring, the best way to describe Leviathor's photostream! He truly knows how to capture amazing photographs; with the right mix of color, lighting, and a great subject. I always find myself looking forward to his next photo."
9th October, 2006
Gail Orenstein says:
"truely beautiful work-a wonderful photo journey-one that is well worth taking-great job."
1st October, 2006
"Amazing. A term that is hackneyed and overused, but not in his case. I am twice Paul's age and he is three times the photographer I will ever be. Every time I look at his photostream, I am awestruck at his use of lighting, framing and perpective. He also lets me know a thing or two about what I am looking at.
I look forward to every shot that he uploads and am quite thankful that Flickr has his talents constantly showcased."
30th September, 2006
"Leviathor is one of my favorite photographers here on flickr and I am proud that he is a fellow Wisconsinite as well:) I believe I discovered Leviathor's beautiful photostream after seeing some of his work in a Wisconsin flickr group several months ago. Since, then I have been thoroughly impressed with his work and admire and look up to him as an expert photographer. His work is very diverse, ranging from beautiful rural scenes here in Wisconsin, unique angles of sports cars, birds in flight, his impressive road trip to the Western United States this summer, and of course his famous photo "Framed!" which is now a legendary photo here on flickr. It is definitely a pleasure to see the world through Leviathor's eyes. Not only is he an impressive photographer, but he is very honest but helpful with the comments he leaves on other people's photos. His comments are always very thoughtful and I appreciate the time he takes to make suggestions on how to improve a photo. I respect his constructive input since I know that it comes from an expert. Leviathor, thank you very much for being a friend, and I look forward to admiring your future work!"
10th September, 2006
"In my 34 years there are only four people I have known that I can label with the word “dynamic” and Leviathor is one. He has integrity, a love of knowledge, a desire to help and a real sense of communication. His eye for perfection is a gift.
Coming to flickr with less than amateur knowledge about photography, my pictures were met with grounded constructive comments from Leviathor. When questioned about his comments or asked to elaborate, he will explain exactly what he is talking about in terms that anyone could understand. He was willing to take his time to help me (and others) understand some points of photography he had already mastered. Something I cannot thank him enough for.
He will never back down from challenging a picture or slap on a “good job” comment to make you feel good. He is honest and critical, a necessity if we are to improve. Leviathor is the sort of friend I can really appreciate. He is the kind of person that makes me better for knowing him.
Thank you for everything, L."
12th May, 2006
"What to say about Leviathor? I encountered his picturs as well as his way to look at pictures of others in MiRea's Realm.
Being a great photographer himself, he is a judge not easy to overcome. Does this sound bad to you? Well then you have to understand that my way to look at things is different. I love it to be challenged. I love it to be pushed over the borders. Sometimes it hurts, but it always helps in the long run. He is one of the view that really go into the picture, look at it, think about what to improve and tells you - unvarnished. Great thing - exactly what I need.
He can take critique either well. This is a personality I really appreciate. Honest and demanding honesty.
Were he close enough to meet him personally I would consider him a real (in opposition to virtual) friend. Thanks Leviathor, whose real name I don't even know and neither where he's from, and still I think that I know him well - flickr is a great thing, obviously."
20th April, 2006
"There's more to Leviathor than someone with a great eye for an image, more to him than the obvious talent his work displays, his awareness of the image in the moment.
If you want someone to tell you how to get the effect you want, hes your man, if you want advice, just ask, if you want to get new directions, look to his mind.
Its not just talent that defines a photographer its their willingness to share and help, to encourage and teach that makes a great photographer and Leviathor has it in buckets.
Look at his stream, discover what his wonderful images hold, you will never be bored or dissapointed."
15th April, 2006
"Looking through Leviathor's photostream is like looking into a kaliedoscope... it's ever changing, but always beautiful."
25th March, 2006
- December 2005
- I am:
- Paul Omernik Photography