Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
I invite you to join my group:
The Definitive Guide to Realistic High Dynamic Range Images
The Black and White Guide to Monochrome Conversions
¤ ¤ ¤
Other great groups:
Bokeh: Smooth and Silky
True Tone HDR
¤ ¤ ¤
My most interesting pictures, according to Flickr.
My stream in widescreen.
¤ ¤ ¤
All my images are ©opyright by me. I do sell prints, if you have a request, just mail me.
- Landscape 966,508 photos, 95,178 members
- artland 894,899 photos, 39,085 members
- EMPYREAN FLORA 32,980 photos, 4,699 members
- **Platinum Heart Awards** (Only with 8+Heart Awards Invitation!) 211,621 photos, 15,155 members
- The Gallery Of Fine Photography [DISCONTINUED] 41,349 photos, 5,120 members
- CLOSED! S♥per ♥ Hearts - 10 Pink Hearts 64,186 photos, 9,786 members
- Photographic Excellence (Post 1 Award 1) 49,046 photos, 3,492 members
- CLOSED Fl♥ckr Hearts -- Post 1 & Give 3 Hearts 675,541 photos, 34,623 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 3,972,105 photos, 175,330 members
- 1-2-3 474,396 photos, 16,955 members
- ! !^FreedomHawk Level 1 130,987 photos, 9,760 members
- **Heart Awards** (P.1 Award 5) 1,181,576 photos, 36,474 members
- Something Blue (Only Blue) 407,083 photos, 50,048 members
- Cloud Junkie 410,697 photos, 42,374 members
- Better Than Good - Level 1 (p1/a3) 568,969 photos, 46,533 members
- U.S. National Parks 176,563 photos, 15,695 members
- **Brilliant~Eye~Jewels** INVITED PICS ONLY! P1/C2 189,461 photos, 21,824 members
- In Fine Style 41,609 photos, 4,588 members
- Stuck in Customs' Brilliant Cabal - My Cool and Clever Friends 115,110 photos, 4,076 members
- Strobist.com 604,882 photos, 122,660 members
- Galen Rowell Tribute 3,004 photos, 236 members
- Super Shots - Post 1 - Award 2 265,469 photos, 40,426 members
- Bratanesque (invited pics only) 3,229 photos, 641 members
- The 25% MagicDonkey Solution 2,017 photos, 462 members
- MagicDonkey 9,453 photos, 1,051 members
- **FlickrsBest** 146,761 photos, 15,950 members
- Natures Finest (Invited Images Only) 313,002 photos, 39,762 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 282,659 photos, 42,011 members
- Critique Portfolio Pro - Photo Critiques and Discussions 3,252 photos, 1,701 members
- Animal Kingdom (YOUR IMAGE MUST HAVE AN INVITE) 22,040 photos, 5,759 members
- *****FIVE STARS GALLERY***** (invitation only by Admins) 3,735 photos, 996 members
- An Awesome Shot! Invited Photos ONLY!! 402,413 photos, 50,785 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 418,813 photos, 21,034 members
- LeggNet's Contacts 25,569 photos, 1,317 members
- Shield Of Excellence - Level 1 (p1/a3) 474,803 photos, 40,355 members
- Excellence in Floral Photography_INVITED IMAGES ONLY 33,179 photos, 7,443 members
- Outstanding Shots - Invite Only 21,525 photos, 8,499 members
- ╠Art Libre-Free Art-Arte Libre 50,496 photos, 8,468 members
- Spectacular Objects - Invited Photos Only 913 photos, 627 members
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only) 489,045 photos, 63,618 members
- Flickr Hacks 426 photos, 20,972 members
- Beautiful Clouds 291,695 photos, 21,203 members
- Spectacular Animals-Invited Photos Only 89,255 photos, 9,884 members
- Leviathor's Labyrinth: Lobotomy Laboratory 2,968 photos, 495 members
- Scientist Photographers 18,763 photos, 3,312 members
- TTHDR (True Tone High Dynamic Range) 33,867 photos, 2,607 members
- The World Through My Eyes - TGIF *OPEN* 4,031,194 photos, 112,655 members
- Bokeh: Smooth & Silky 1,283,006 photos, 70,256 members
- The Best: BRAVO (INVITED images only) 60,826 photos, 7,539 members
- Utata 449,749 photos, 26,693 members
johopo (john) says:
"Sit back, relax, take your time and enjoy Paul's photostream!
What you will encounter is a talented photographer who has captured a variety of subjects with great skill and style! Images to delight us!
He is also a person who likes to share and educate. I remember reading his write-up on HDR when I first got introduced to the technique and it was very helpful!
Thanks, Paul, for the support and friendship!"
November 1st, 2007
Giuseppe Parisi says:
"Hey if your visiting this photostream it's sure the you've already been struck by this amazing photographer!
He's Paul and he's great!
He has a great technical skill infact he touches every photographic style and always amaze us with shots that are truely pieces of art
As big fan of HDR, I can easyly say that Paul's HDR are the few I like among all Flickr tone mappers!
Real, Clean, Elegant, Precise... stunning!
This is the way to define Leviathor!"
April 20th, 2007
"Paul is definitely a superb photographer. I am honoured to be a contact of his. His words are always encouraging and his dedication to groups is wonderful.
"Thank you for taking the time."
Keep in touch. You are always welcome!
April 20th, 2007
Jeff Clow says:
"Paul (aka Leviathor) is a world class photographer, and one quick dash through his most recent photos posted will confirm that fact. His use of color, composition and light is some of the best you'll see here - or anywhere.
What you may not know about this talented human being is that he is also a world class gentleman.... who is always quick to praise others and always quick to help out if an individual has a question at the site.
Flickr is a much better place because of Paul's involvement, and I'm proud to be able to call him a friend."
December 29th, 2006
"The constant quality of work that Leviathor posts on Flickr is simply amazing. He is able to capture the remarkable color of his subjects and present them in a way that is true art.
Leviathor is a definite asset to the Flickr community."
November 6th, 2006
Matt "Linus" Ottosen says:
"Awe-inspiring, the best way to describe Leviathor's photostream! He truly knows how to capture amazing photographs; with the right mix of color, lighting, and a great subject. I always find myself looking forward to his next photo."
October 9th, 2006
Gail Orenstein says:
"truely beautiful work-a wonderful photo journey-one that is well worth taking-great job."
October 1st, 2006
"Amazing. A term that is hackneyed and overused, but not in his case. I am twice Paul's age and he is three times the photographer I will ever be. Every time I look at his photostream, I am awestruck at his use of lighting, framing and perpective. He also lets me know a thing or two about what I am looking at.
I look forward to every shot that he uploads and am quite thankful that Flickr has his talents constantly showcased."
September 30th, 2006
"Leviathor is one of my favorite photographers here on flickr and I am proud that he is a fellow Wisconsinite as well:) I believe I discovered Leviathor's beautiful photostream after seeing some of his work in a Wisconsin flickr group several months ago. Since, then I have been thoroughly impressed with his work and admire and look up to him as an expert photographer. His work is very diverse, ranging from beautiful rural scenes here in Wisconsin, unique angles of sports cars, birds in flight, his impressive road trip to the Western United States this summer, and of course his famous photo "Framed!" which is now a legendary photo here on flickr. It is definitely a pleasure to see the world through Leviathor's eyes. Not only is he an impressive photographer, but he is very honest but helpful with the comments he leaves on other people's photos. His comments are always very thoughtful and I appreciate the time he takes to make suggestions on how to improve a photo. I respect his constructive input since I know that it comes from an expert. Leviathor, thank you very much for being a friend, and I look forward to admiring your future work!"
September 10th, 2006
"In my 34 years there are only four people I have known that I can label with the word “dynamic” and Leviathor is one. He has integrity, a love of knowledge, a desire to help and a real sense of communication. His eye for perfection is a gift.
Coming to flickr with less than amateur knowledge about photography, my pictures were met with grounded constructive comments from Leviathor. When questioned about his comments or asked to elaborate, he will explain exactly what he is talking about in terms that anyone could understand. He was willing to take his time to help me (and others) understand some points of photography he had already mastered. Something I cannot thank him enough for.
He will never back down from challenging a picture or slap on a “good job” comment to make you feel good. He is honest and critical, a necessity if we are to improve. Leviathor is the sort of friend I can really appreciate. He is the kind of person that makes me better for knowing him.
Thank you for everything, L."
May 12th, 2006
"What to say about Leviathor? I encountered his picturs as well as his way to look at pictures of others in MiRea's Realm.
Being a great photographer himself, he is a judge not easy to overcome. Does this sound bad to you? Well then you have to understand that my way to look at things is different. I love it to be challenged. I love it to be pushed over the borders. Sometimes it hurts, but it always helps in the long run. He is one of the view that really go into the picture, look at it, think about what to improve and tells you - unvarnished. Great thing - exactly what I need.
He can take critique either well. This is a personality I really appreciate. Honest and demanding honesty.
Were he close enough to meet him personally I would consider him a real (in opposition to virtual) friend. Thanks Leviathor, whose real name I don't even know and neither where he's from, and still I think that I know him well - flickr is a great thing, obviously."
April 20th, 2006
"There's more to Leviathor than someone with a great eye for an image, more to him than the obvious talent his work displays, his awareness of the image in the moment.
If you want someone to tell you how to get the effect you want, hes your man, if you want advice, just ask, if you want to get new directions, look to his mind.
Its not just talent that defines a photographer its their willingness to share and help, to encourage and teach that makes a great photographer and Leviathor has it in buckets.
Look at his stream, discover what his wonderful images hold, you will never be bored or dissapointed."
April 15th, 2006
"Looking through Leviathor's photostream is like looking into a kaliedoscope... it's ever changing, but always beautiful."
March 25th, 2006
- December 2005
- I am:
- Paul Omernik Photography