Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
I invite you to join my group:
The Definitive Guide to Realistic High Dynamic Range Images
The Black and White Guide to Monochrome Conversions
¤ ¤ ¤
Other great groups:
Bokeh: Smooth and Silky
True Tone HDR
¤ ¤ ¤
My most interesting pictures, according to Flickr.
My stream in widescreen.
¤ ¤ ¤
All my images are ©opyright by me. I do sell prints, if you have a request, just mail me.
- Landscape 1,020,238 photos, 100,003 members
- artland 1,022,433 photos, 40,741 members
- EMPYREAN FLORA 34,701 photos, 4,742 members
- **Platinum Heart Awards** (Only with 8+Heart Awards Invitation!) 216,474 photos, 15,164 members
- The Gallery Of Fine Photography [DISCONTINUED] 41,053 photos, 5,106 members
- CLOSED! S♥per ♥ Hearts - 10 Pink Hearts 63,714 photos, 9,669 members
- Photographic Excellence (Post 1 Award 1) 51,830 photos, 3,490 members
- CLOSED Fl♥ckr Hearts -- Post 1 & Give 3 Hearts 669,966 photos, 34,357 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 4,348,805 photos, 181,864 members
- 1-2-3 484,451 photos, 17,066 members
- ! !^FreedomHawk Level 1 (Post 1:Award/Fave 3) 137,858 photos, 9,945 members
- **Heart Awards** (P.1 Award 5) 1,213,616 photos, 36,623 members
- Something Blue (Only Blue) 434,778 photos, 53,308 members
- Cloud Junkie 462,121 photos, 46,066 members
- Better Than Good - Level 1 (p1/a3) 594,884 photos, 46,833 members
- U.S. National Parks 192,705 photos, 16,944 members
- **Brilliant~Eye~Jewels** INVITED PICS ONLY! P1/C2 192,662 photos, 21,779 members
- In Fine Style 41,495 photos, 4,572 members
- Stuck in Customs' Brilliant Cabal - My Cool and Clever Friends 118,463 photos, 4,073 members
- Strobist.com 608,973 photos, 123,409 members
- Galen Rowell Tribute 3,026 photos, 235 members
- Super Shots - Post 1 - Award 2 275,660 photos, 40,564 members
- Bratanesque (invited pics only) 3,197 photos, 637 members
- The 25% MagicDonkey Solution 1,998 photos, 459 members
- MagicDonkey 9,313 photos, 1,044 members
- **FlickrsBest** 180,495 photos, 16,426 members
- Natures Finest (Invited Images Only) 319,928 photos, 39,891 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 283,488 photos, 41,922 members
- Critique Portfolio Pro - Photo Critiques and Discussions 3,331 photos, 1,697 members
- Animal Kingdom (YOUR IMAGE MUST HAVE AN INVITE) 21,961 photos, 5,721 members
- *****FIVE STARS GALLERY***** (invitation only by Admins) 3,739 photos, 1,000 members
- An Awesome Shot! Invited Photos ONLY!! 422,185 photos, 50,974 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 457,234 photos, 21,291 members
- LeggNet's Contacts 25,482 photos, 1,311 members
- Shield Of Excellence - Level 1 (p1/a3) 498,178 photos, 40,573 members
- Excellence in Floral Photography_INVITED IMAGES ONLY 33,084 photos, 7,420 members
- Outstanding Shots - Invite Only 21,358 photos, 8,475 members
- ╠Art Libre-Free Art-Arte Libre/Challenge13 DARKNESS PREVAILS 50,780 photos, 8,624 members
- Spectacular Objects - Invited Photos Only 906 photos, 622 members
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only) 488,856 photos, 63,744 members
- Flickr Hacks 424 photos, 21,864 members
- Beautiful Clouds 299,309 photos, 21,786 members
- Spectacular Animals-Invited Photos Only 91,474 photos, 9,881 members
- Leviathor's Labyrinth: Lobotomy Laboratory 2,982 photos, 494 members
- Scientist Photographers 19,944 photos, 3,353 members
- TTHDR (True Tone High Dynamic Range) 34,964 photos, 2,596 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Monochrome Mondays *OPEN* 4,260,882 photos, 115,998 members
- Bokeh: Smooth & Silky 1,354,186 photos, 72,409 members
- The Best: BRAVO (INVITED images only) 60,790 photos, 7,521 members
- Utata 457,767 photos, 27,420 members
johopo (john) says:
"Sit back, relax, take your time and enjoy Paul's photostream!
What you will encounter is a talented photographer who has captured a variety of subjects with great skill and style! Images to delight us!
He is also a person who likes to share and educate. I remember reading his write-up on HDR when I first got introduced to the technique and it was very helpful!
Thanks, Paul, for the support and friendship!"
November 1st, 2007
Giuseppe Parisi says:
"Hey if your visiting this photostream it's sure the you've already been struck by this amazing photographer!
He's Paul and he's great!
He has a great technical skill infact he touches every photographic style and always amaze us with shots that are truely pieces of art
As big fan of HDR, I can easyly say that Paul's HDR are the few I like among all Flickr tone mappers!
Real, Clean, Elegant, Precise... stunning!
This is the way to define Leviathor!"
April 20th, 2007
"Paul is definitely a superb photographer. I am honoured to be a contact of his. His words are always encouraging and his dedication to groups is wonderful.
"Thank you for taking the time."
Keep in touch. You are always welcome!
April 20th, 2007
Jeff Clow says:
"Paul (aka Leviathor) is a world class photographer, and one quick dash through his most recent photos posted will confirm that fact. His use of color, composition and light is some of the best you'll see here - or anywhere.
What you may not know about this talented human being is that he is also a world class gentleman.... who is always quick to praise others and always quick to help out if an individual has a question at the site.
Flickr is a much better place because of Paul's involvement, and I'm proud to be able to call him a friend."
December 29th, 2006
"The constant quality of work that Leviathor posts on Flickr is simply amazing. He is able to capture the remarkable color of his subjects and present them in a way that is true art.
Leviathor is a definite asset to the Flickr community."
November 6th, 2006
Matt "Linus" Ottosen says:
"Awe-inspiring, the best way to describe Leviathor's photostream! He truly knows how to capture amazing photographs; with the right mix of color, lighting, and a great subject. I always find myself looking forward to his next photo."
October 9th, 2006
Gail Orenstein says:
"truely beautiful work-a wonderful photo journey-one that is well worth taking-great job."
October 1st, 2006
"Amazing. A term that is hackneyed and overused, but not in his case. I am twice Paul's age and he is three times the photographer I will ever be. Every time I look at his photostream, I am awestruck at his use of lighting, framing and perpective. He also lets me know a thing or two about what I am looking at.
I look forward to every shot that he uploads and am quite thankful that Flickr has his talents constantly showcased."
September 30th, 2006
"Leviathor is one of my favorite photographers here on flickr and I am proud that he is a fellow Wisconsinite as well:) I believe I discovered Leviathor's beautiful photostream after seeing some of his work in a Wisconsin flickr group several months ago. Since, then I have been thoroughly impressed with his work and admire and look up to him as an expert photographer. His work is very diverse, ranging from beautiful rural scenes here in Wisconsin, unique angles of sports cars, birds in flight, his impressive road trip to the Western United States this summer, and of course his famous photo "Framed!" which is now a legendary photo here on flickr. It is definitely a pleasure to see the world through Leviathor's eyes. Not only is he an impressive photographer, but he is very honest but helpful with the comments he leaves on other people's photos. His comments are always very thoughtful and I appreciate the time he takes to make suggestions on how to improve a photo. I respect his constructive input since I know that it comes from an expert. Leviathor, thank you very much for being a friend, and I look forward to admiring your future work!"
September 10th, 2006
"In my 34 years there are only four people I have known that I can label with the word “dynamic” and Leviathor is one. He has integrity, a love of knowledge, a desire to help and a real sense of communication. His eye for perfection is a gift.
Coming to flickr with less than amateur knowledge about photography, my pictures were met with grounded constructive comments from Leviathor. When questioned about his comments or asked to elaborate, he will explain exactly what he is talking about in terms that anyone could understand. He was willing to take his time to help me (and others) understand some points of photography he had already mastered. Something I cannot thank him enough for.
He will never back down from challenging a picture or slap on a “good job” comment to make you feel good. He is honest and critical, a necessity if we are to improve. Leviathor is the sort of friend I can really appreciate. He is the kind of person that makes me better for knowing him.
Thank you for everything, L."
May 12th, 2006
"What to say about Leviathor? I encountered his picturs as well as his way to look at pictures of others in MiRea's Realm.
Being a great photographer himself, he is a judge not easy to overcome. Does this sound bad to you? Well then you have to understand that my way to look at things is different. I love it to be challenged. I love it to be pushed over the borders. Sometimes it hurts, but it always helps in the long run. He is one of the view that really go into the picture, look at it, think about what to improve and tells you - unvarnished. Great thing - exactly what I need.
He can take critique either well. This is a personality I really appreciate. Honest and demanding honesty.
Were he close enough to meet him personally I would consider him a real (in opposition to virtual) friend. Thanks Leviathor, whose real name I don't even know and neither where he's from, and still I think that I know him well - flickr is a great thing, obviously."
April 20th, 2006
"There's more to Leviathor than someone with a great eye for an image, more to him than the obvious talent his work displays, his awareness of the image in the moment.
If you want someone to tell you how to get the effect you want, hes your man, if you want advice, just ask, if you want to get new directions, look to his mind.
Its not just talent that defines a photographer its their willingness to share and help, to encourage and teach that makes a great photographer and Leviathor has it in buckets.
Look at his stream, discover what his wonderful images hold, you will never be bored or dissapointed."
April 15th, 2006
"Looking through Leviathor's photostream is like looking into a kaliedoscope... it's ever changing, but always beautiful."
March 25th, 2006
- December 2005
- I am:
- Paul Omernik Photography