You can find my photos in cards, prints and my most recent book "Creeks and Peaks", at larsphotography.com/.
You can also find me on Etsy at larsphotography.etsy.com/
Most of my digital shots are either with a Nikon D700, D300, D200, D70s, or Fujifilm Finepix S502 zoom. Film was either a Nikon F5 or a Canon AE1, Pentax P3, or Penta ME. Most of the other information can be found in the Exif data. If you have any further questions feel free to ask.
I was born on Mile 0 of the Alaska Highway and have been exploring the wilds of western Canada ever since. I spent many of my formative years in Northern British Columbia in the Mackenzie area before living on the edge of Jasper National Park in Hinton Alberta. I spent a short stint out east while attending Queen's University but I was lured back to the west by the call of the Rockies and moved to Lethbridge to complete my studies at the University of Lethbridge. I presently reside in Lethbridge Alberta where I have lived for just over twenty years.
Living in Lethbridge has given me the ability to explore the Canadian Rockies on a regular basis and a majority of that time is spent photographing Southern Alberta and the wilds of Waterton National Park. While Waterton provides an opportunity to exercise my photography on a regular basis, Banff, Jasper and Northern BC are visited and explored on a regular basis also, as is most of Western Canada. In the past few years travel has taken me to Africa, Europe, the Carribean, South America and China.
Learning to develop black and white photography while a teenager led to an interest in the digital darkroom when Adobe Photoshop first emerged and has led to an expertise in the "Digital Darkroom". I am available for and have taught seminars and courses on post production, LAB colour mode editing, digitalworkflow, as well as general photography workshops.
- Javelin 34 photos, 9 members
- Photographers on Etsy 8,043 photos, 736 members
- Lonely Planet Photo Challenges 150,984 photos, 16,226 members
- Aves del mundo / Birds of the world 67,796 photos, 3,126 members
- Our Memories, Our Times 136,968 photos, 3,433 members
- "Winged Wonders"-- Birds Only-- Invite Only (Post 1, Award 2) 40,581 photos, 5,036 members
- Flickr's Best Landscape Photographers (Post 1 Award 2) 18,187 photos, 2,246 members
- This stands out! - add 1, invite 1, comment 1 - VOTING is open 35,408 photos, 2,205 members
- ArtisticSouls (invitation) -- Comment on photos, please! 1,201 photos, 49 members
- VOICES IN THE WILDERNESS: A Prayer for Wild Things 94,081 photos, 3,524 members
- *ABW* Gallery - by invitation only 1,030 photos, 1,479 members
- Platinum Photography Group ~ "Quality Photography" 299,508 photos, 32,811 members
- In Fine Style 41,127 photos, 4,563 members
- Amazing Alberta 88,890 photos, 2,160 members
- *THE PERFECT PHOTOGRAPHER (P1/A2) 1,288,932 photos, 60,283 members
- Better Than Good - Level 1 (p1/a3) 606,422 photos, 46,924 members
- Take a Bow!***INVITE ONLY***~Post 1 Comment 2 8,609 photos, 2,670 members
- Fishing For Fun 3,045 photos, 381 members
- closed for some time 34,721 photos, 4,709 members
- Leviathor's Labyrinth: Lobotomy Laboratory 2,992 photos, 493 members
- Nothing But The Best 31,782 photos, 1,627 members
- QEMD "Finch" 78,614 photos, 2,023 members
- Bird Watching Group (BWG): Post 1 : Award 2 221,121 photos, 9,408 members
- *Nature* (2 Comments/Photo W/Code) 397,069 photos, 25,650 members
- The Unforgettable Pictures ~ Post 1, Comment 3 ~ NEW RULES!! 346,711 photos, 31,329 members
- One Of A Kind 796,237 photos, 21,503 members
- Excellent Photographer Awards ADMIN INVITE only / Post1/ Award3 61,637 photos, 12,212 members
- Born Free, Living Free 127,928 photos, 3,028 members
- Wings Of The World 41,616 photos, 999 members
- Jeff Corwin - Animal Planet | Animals only | Animais somente 30,682 photos, 1,749 members
- Avian Art 8,076 photos, 145 members
- SPORTS ACTION 460,624 photos, 29,964 members
- Sports Photography 417,273 photos, 28,659 members
- FLOWER-POWER 363,461 photos, 19,150 members
- Make it a Mega Shot 7,407 photos, 990 members
- Bridges and Tunnels 191,139 photos, 18,170 members
- 3:1 Landscape 20,417 photos, 2,626 members
- Super Shots - Post 1 - Award 2 280,477 photos, 40,604 members
- Trophy 40,885 photos, 4,945 members
- Only your best shots Post 1 - Comment on 3 99,189 photos, 4,421 members
- Avian Photography (Plz Comment). 25,001 photos, 856 members
- Natures Finest (Invited Images Only) 323,241 photos, 39,939 members
- Beautiful Earth 843,956 photos, 19,151 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 283,380 photos, 41,851 members
- Excellence In Avian Photography (EIAP) -- INVITED IMAGES ONLY !! 87,528 photos, 9,087 members
- WILDLIFE OF THE WORLD 44,105 photos, 1,509 members
- Welcome To My World (WTMW) 245,727 photos, 5,623 members
- I Saw You First- Invited images only, post 1, invite 1 33,966 photos, 14,038 members
- Color Photo Award - PREMIER -- Post 1: Give 2 - Get 5: Go BRONZE 253,281 photos, 32,713 members
- PHOTOSHO magazine 18,142 photos, 751 members
Geyser Gary says:
"In real life, Lars is a lucky guy. In real life I guess you get to make your own luck sometimes. Lars lives in a great place that is near to a lot of other great places. He not only knows how to take great photos with great light, composition and style, but he really knows how to process them as well. The result is a striking image nearly every time. And the best part is that Lars shares his knowledge. Mark this guy as a contact and you are bound to learn something."
April 10th, 2007
"Folks, mark Lars as a contact! He's always out shooting and adding new images to his photo stream. And they're always great! Technically, Lars is outstanding. He know the light, he knows his equipment and he knows post processing as well as any photographer out there.I don't know where he finds the time, but Lars is always eager to help another photographer out with his vast knowledge and expertise.
As Lars would say, Cheers!
January 15th, 2007
- Lawrence (Lars/Larry) Steinke
- October 2006
- Lethbridge, Canada