You can find my photos in cards, prints and my most recent book "Creeks and Peaks", at larsphotography.com/.
You can also find me on Etsy at larsphotography.etsy.com/
Most of my digital shots are either with a Nikon D700, D300, D200, D70s, or Fujifilm Finepix S502 zoom. Film was either a Nikon F5 or a Canon AE1, Pentax P3, or Penta ME. Most of the other information can be found in the Exif data. If you have any further questions feel free to ask.
I was born on Mile 0 of the Alaska Highway and have been exploring the wilds of western Canada ever since. I spent many of my formative years in Northern British Columbia in the Mackenzie area before living on the edge of Jasper National Park in Hinton Alberta. I spent a short stint out east while attending Queen's University but I was lured back to the west by the call of the Rockies and moved to Lethbridge to complete my studies at the University of Lethbridge. I presently reside in Lethbridge Alberta where I have lived for just over twenty years.
Living in Lethbridge has given me the ability to explore the Canadian Rockies on a regular basis and a majority of that time is spent photographing Southern Alberta and the wilds of Waterton National Park. While Waterton provides an opportunity to exercise my photography on a regular basis, Banff, Jasper and Northern BC are visited and explored on a regular basis also, as is most of Western Canada. In the past few years travel has taken me to Africa, Europe, the Carribean, South America and China.
Learning to develop black and white photography while a teenager led to an interest in the digital darkroom when Adobe Photoshop first emerged and has led to an expertise in the "Digital Darkroom". I am available for and have taught seminars and courses on post production, LAB colour mode editing, digitalworkflow, as well as general photography workshops.
- Javelin 34 photos, 9 members
- Photographers on Etsy 8,388 photos, 749 members
- Lonely Planet: Photo Challenges -- 'Turn' 130,301 photos, 15,503 members
- Aves del mundo / Birds of the world 50,130 photos, 2,693 members
- Our Memories, Our Times 109,809 photos, 3,282 members
- "Winged Wonders"-- Birds Only-- Invite Only (Post 1, Award 2) 41,124 photos, 4,984 members
- Flickr's Best Landscape Photographers 13,396 photos, 974 members
- This stands out! - add 1, invite 1, comment 1 - VOTING is open 30,373 photos, 2,175 members
- ArtisticSouls (invitation) -- Comment on photos, please! 1,194 photos, 50 members
- VOICES IN THE WILDERNESS: A Prayer for Wild Things 87,931 photos, 3,499 members
- *ABW* Gallery - by invitation only 1,038 photos, 1,456 members
- Platinum Photography Group ~ "High Quality" Post 1 Award 3 268,473 photos, 32,138 members
- In Fine Style 42,209 photos, 4,603 members
- Amazing Alberta 80,133 photos, 2,060 members
- *THE PERFECT PHOTOGRAPHER (P1/A2) 1,094,263 photos, 57,583 members
- Better Than Good - Level 1 (p1/a5) 555,486 photos, 46,310 members
- Take a Bow!***INVITE ONLY***~Post 1 Comment 2 8,733 photos, 2,691 members
- Fishing For Fun 2,671 photos, 294 members
- EMPYREAN FLORA 32,388 photos, 4,691 members
- Leviathor's Labyrinth: Lobotomy Laboratory 2,952 photos, 494 members
- Nothing But The Best 27,450 photos, 1,589 members
- QEMD "Finch" 77,766 photos, 2,014 members
- Bird Watching Group (BWG): Post 1 : Award 2 196,273 photos, 9,142 members
- *Nature* (2 Comments/Photo W/Code) 364,250 photos, 24,828 members
- The Unforgettable Pictures ~ Post 1, Comment 3 ~ NEW RULES!! 304,740 photos, 30,889 members
- One Of A Kind 715,728 photos, 21,025 members
- Excellent Photographer Awards ADMIN INVITE only / Post1/ Award3 62,190 photos, 12,287 members
- Born Free, Living Free 110,847 photos, 2,884 members
- Wings Of The World 19,817 photos, 525 members
- Jeff Corwin - Animal Planet | Animals only | Animais somente 29,608 photos, 1,751 members
- Avian Art 7,801 photos, 147 members
- Birds of Prey (incl Owls ) 110,555 photos, 9,484 members
- SPORTS ACTION 410,482 photos, 28,077 members
- Sports Photography 371,462 photos, 26,969 members
- FLOWER-POWER 338,228 photos, 18,685 members
- Make it a Mega Shot 7,377 photos, 993 members
- Bridges and Tunnels 174,540 photos, 17,643 members
- 3:1 Landscape 20,575 photos, 2,602 members
- Super Shots - Monthly Contest - Nominate Now 259,388 photos, 40,279 members
- Trophy 36,556 photos, 4,949 members
- Only your best shots Post 1 - Comment on 3 88,539 photos, 4,278 members
- Avian Photography (Plz Comment). 23,784 photos, 868 members
- Natures Finest (Invited Images Only) 309,882 photos, 39,658 members
- Beautiful Earth 582,046 photos, 15,981 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 282,194 photos, 42,022 members
- Excellence In Avian Photography (EIAP) -- INVITED IMAGES ONLY !! 80,277 photos, 8,717 members
- WILDLIFE OF THE WORLD 37,679 photos, 1,486 members
- Welcome To My World (WTMW) 194,350 photos, 5,267 members
- I Saw You First- Invited images only, post 1, invite 1 34,482 photos, 14,172 members
- Color Photo Award - PREMIER -- Post 1: Give 2 - Get 5: Go BRONZE 223,801 photos, 32,143 members
Geyser Gary says:
"In real life, Lars is a lucky guy. In real life I guess you get to make your own luck sometimes. Lars lives in a great place that is near to a lot of other great places. He not only knows how to take great photos with great light, composition and style, but he really knows how to process them as well. The result is a striking image nearly every time. And the best part is that Lars shares his knowledge. Mark this guy as a contact and you are bound to learn something."
April 10th, 2007
"Folks, mark Lars as a contact! He's always out shooting and adding new images to his photo stream. And they're always great! Technically, Lars is outstanding. He know the light, he knows his equipment and he knows post processing as well as any photographer out there.I don't know where he finds the time, but Lars is always eager to help another photographer out with his vast knowledge and expertise.
As Lars would say, Cheers!
January 15th, 2007
- Lawrence (Lars/Larry) Steinke
- October 2006
- Lethbridge, Canada