You can find my photos in cards, prints and my most recent book "Creeks and Peaks", at larsphotography.com/.
You can also find me on Etsy at larsphotography.etsy.com/
Most of my digital shots are either with a Nikon D700, D300, D200, D70s, or Fujifilm Finepix S502 zoom. Film was either a Nikon F5 or a Canon AE1, Pentax P3, or Penta ME. Most of the other information can be found in the Exif data. If you have any further questions feel free to ask.
I was born on Mile 0 of the Alaska Highway and have been exploring the wilds of western Canada ever since. I spent many of my formative years in Northern British Columbia in the Mackenzie area before living on the edge of Jasper National Park in Hinton Alberta. I spent a short stint out east while attending Queen's University but I was lured back to the west by the call of the Rockies and moved to Lethbridge to complete my studies at the University of Lethbridge. I presently reside in Lethbridge Alberta where I have lived for just over twenty years.
Living in Lethbridge has given me the ability to explore the Canadian Rockies on a regular basis and a majority of that time is spent photographing Southern Alberta and the wilds of Waterton National Park. While Waterton provides an opportunity to exercise my photography on a regular basis, Banff, Jasper and Northern BC are visited and explored on a regular basis also, as is most of Western Canada. In the past few years travel has taken me to Africa, Europe, the Carribean, South America and China.
Learning to develop black and white photography while a teenager led to an interest in the digital darkroom when Adobe Photoshop first emerged and has led to an expertise in the "Digital Darkroom". I am available for and have taught seminars and courses on post production, LAB colour mode editing, digitalworkflow, as well as general photography workshops.
- Javelin 34 photos, 9 members
- Photographers on Etsy 8,050 photos, 737 members
- Lonely Planet Photo Challenges -- The 'Ultimate' Final 149,540 photos, 16,197 members
- Aves del mundo / Birds of the world 66,640 photos, 3,103 members
- Our Memories, Our Times 135,506 photos, 3,432 members
- "Winged Wonders"-- Birds Only-- Invite Only (Post 1, Award 2) 40,602 photos, 5,034 members
- Flickr's Best Landscape Photographers (Post 1 Award 2) 18,026 photos, 2,198 members
- This stands out! - add 1, invite 1, comment 1 - VOTING is open 35,063 photos, 2,204 members
- ArtisticSouls (invitation) -- Comment on photos, please! 1,201 photos, 49 members
- VOICES IN THE WILDERNESS: A Prayer for Wild Things 93,506 photos, 3,521 members
- *ABW* Gallery - by invitation only 1,030 photos, 1,478 members
- Platinum Photography Group ~ "Quality Photography" 298,788 photos, 32,775 members
- In Fine Style 41,161 photos, 4,568 members
- Amazing Alberta 88,418 photos, 2,151 members
- *THE PERFECT PHOTOGRAPHER (P1/A2) 1,278,569 photos, 60,111 members
- Better Than Good - Level 1 (p1/a3) 603,660 photos, 46,885 members
- Take a Bow!***INVITE ONLY***~Post 1 Comment 2 8,619 photos, 2,672 members
- Fishing For Fun 3,031 photos, 381 members
- closed for some time 34,756 photos, 4,717 members
- Leviathor's Labyrinth: Lobotomy Laboratory 2,992 photos, 493 members
- Nothing But The Best 31,541 photos, 1,628 members
- QEMD "Finch" 78,404 photos, 2,024 members
- Bird Watching Group (BWG): Post 1 : Award 2 219,470 photos, 9,381 members
- *Nature* (2 Comments/Photo W/Code) 396,062 photos, 25,595 members
- The Unforgettable Pictures ~ Post 1, Comment 3 ~ NEW RULES!! 344,277 photos, 31,294 members
- One Of A Kind 791,978 photos, 21,491 members
- Excellent Photographer Awards ADMIN INVITE only / Post1/ Award3 61,645 photos, 12,219 members
- Born Free, Living Free 126,699 photos, 3,013 members
- Wings Of The World 39,358 photos, 938 members
- Jeff Corwin - Animal Planet | Animals only | Animais somente 30,632 photos, 1,750 members
- Avian Art 8,059 photos, 145 members
- SPORTS ACTION 458,278 photos, 29,898 members
- Sports Photography 415,139 photos, 28,591 members
- FLOWER-POWER 361,997 photos, 19,126 members
- Make it a Mega Shot 7,393 photos, 989 members
- Bridges and Tunnels 190,392 photos, 18,142 members
- 3:1 Landscape 20,458 photos, 2,620 members
- Super Shots - Post 1 - Award 2 279,031 photos, 40,585 members
- Trophy 40,640 photos, 4,940 members
- Only your best shots Post 1 - Comment on 3 98,626 photos, 4,416 members
- Avian Photography (Plz Comment). 24,938 photos, 856 members
- Natures Finest (Invited Images Only) 322,403 photos, 39,924 members
- Beautiful Earth 829,270 photos, 18,989 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 283,234 photos, 41,871 members
- Excellence In Avian Photography (EIAP) -- INVITED IMAGES ONLY !! 87,412 photos, 9,088 members
- WILDLIFE OF THE WORLD 43,656 photos, 1,511 members
- Welcome To My World (WTMW) 242,354 photos, 5,611 members
- I Saw You First- Invited images only, post 1, invite 1 33,988 photos, 14,050 members
- Color Photo Award - PREMIER -- Post 1: Give 2 - Get 5: Go BRONZE 251,432 photos, 32,692 members
- PHOTOSHO magazine 18,073 photos, 751 members
Geyser Gary says:
"In real life, Lars is a lucky guy. In real life I guess you get to make your own luck sometimes. Lars lives in a great place that is near to a lot of other great places. He not only knows how to take great photos with great light, composition and style, but he really knows how to process them as well. The result is a striking image nearly every time. And the best part is that Lars shares his knowledge. Mark this guy as a contact and you are bound to learn something."
April 10th, 2007
"Folks, mark Lars as a contact! He's always out shooting and adding new images to his photo stream. And they're always great! Technically, Lars is outstanding. He know the light, he knows his equipment and he knows post processing as well as any photographer out there.I don't know where he finds the time, but Lars is always eager to help another photographer out with his vast knowledge and expertise.
As Lars would say, Cheers!
January 15th, 2007
- Lawrence (Lars/Larry) Steinke
- October 2006
- Lethbridge, Canada