You can find my photos in cards, prints and my most recent book "Creeks and Peaks", at larsphotography.com/.
You can also find me on Etsy at larsphotography.etsy.com/
Most of my digital shots are either with a Nikon D700, D300, D200, D70s, or Fujifilm Finepix S502 zoom. Film was either a Nikon F5 or a Canon AE1, Pentax P3, or Penta ME. Most of the other information can be found in the Exif data. If you have any further questions feel free to ask.
I was born on Mile 0 of the Alaska Highway and have been exploring the wilds of western Canada ever since. I spent many of my formative years in Northern British Columbia in the Mackenzie area before living on the edge of Jasper National Park in Hinton Alberta. I spent a short stint out east while attending Queen's University but I was lured back to the west by the call of the Rockies and moved to Lethbridge to complete my studies at the University of Lethbridge. I presently reside in Lethbridge Alberta where I have lived for just over twenty years.
Living in Lethbridge has given me the ability to explore the Canadian Rockies on a regular basis and a majority of that time is spent photographing Southern Alberta and the wilds of Waterton National Park. While Waterton provides an opportunity to exercise my photography on a regular basis, Banff, Jasper and Northern BC are visited and explored on a regular basis also, as is most of Western Canada. In the past few years travel has taken me to Africa, Europe, the Carribean, South America and China.
Learning to develop black and white photography while a teenager led to an interest in the digital darkroom when Adobe Photoshop first emerged and has led to an expertise in the "Digital Darkroom". I am available for and have taught seminars and courses on post production, LAB colour mode editing, digitalworkflow, as well as general photography workshops.
- Javelin 34 photos, 9 members
- Photographers on Etsy 8,399 photos, 748 members
- Lonely Planet: Photo Challenges -- 'Expanse' 131,818 photos, 15,576 members
- Aves del mundo / Birds of the world 51,645 photos, 2,729 members
- Our Memories, Our Times 112,271 photos, 3,307 members
- "Winged Wonders"-- Birds Only-- Invite Only (Post 1, Award 2) 41,106 photos, 4,988 members
- Flickr's Best Landscape Photographers 14,046 photos, 1,180 members
- This stands out! - add 1, invite 1, comment 1 - VOTING is open 30,753 photos, 2,187 members
- ArtisticSouls (invitation) -- Comment on photos, please! 1,198 photos, 50 members
- VOICES IN THE WILDERNESS: A Prayer for Wild Things 88,559 photos, 3,504 members
- *ABW* Gallery - by invitation only 1,035 photos, 1,459 members
- Platinum Photography Group ~ "High Quality" Post 1 Award 3 271,459 photos, 32,208 members
- In Fine Style 42,210 photos, 4,593 members
- Amazing Alberta 80,885 photos, 2,072 members
- *THE PERFECT PHOTOGRAPHER (P1/A2) 1,111,237 photos, 57,933 members
- Better Than Good - Level 1 (p1/a5) 560,541 photos, 46,415 members
- Take a Bow!***INVITE ONLY***~Post 1 Comment 2 8,709 photos, 2,690 members
- Fishing For Fun 2,680 photos, 297 members
- EMPYREAN FLORA 32,638 photos, 4,699 members
- Leviathor's Labyrinth: Lobotomy Laboratory 2,958 photos, 495 members
- Nothing But The Best 27,852 photos, 1,591 members
- QEMD "Finch" 77,961 photos, 2,016 members
- Bird Watching Group (BWG): Post 1 : Award 2 198,383 photos, 9,173 members
- *Nature* (2 Comments/Photo W/Code) 367,114 photos, 24,932 members
- The Unforgettable Pictures ~ Post 1, Comment 3 ~ NEW RULES!! 308,709 photos, 30,950 members
- One Of A Kind 722,076 photos, 21,083 members
- Excellent Photographer Awards ADMIN INVITE only / Post1/ Award3 62,172 photos, 12,272 members
- Born Free, Living Free 112,805 photos, 2,903 members
- Wings Of The World 21,177 photos, 547 members
- Jeff Corwin - Animal Planet | Animals only | Animais somente 29,731 photos, 1,753 members
- Avian Art 7,838 photos, 146 members
- Birds of Prey (incl Owls ) 112,004 photos, 9,546 members
- SPORTS ACTION 415,789 photos, 28,269 members
- Sports Photography 377,047 photos, 27,159 members
- FLOWER-POWER 340,005 photos, 18,713 members
- Make it a Mega Shot 7,396 photos, 992 members
- Bridges and Tunnels 176,369 photos, 17,708 members
- 3:1 Landscape 20,353 photos, 2,609 members
- Super Shots - Monthly Contest - Nominate Now 261,763 photos, 40,345 members
- Trophy 36,980 photos, 4,948 members
- Only your best shots Post 1 - Comment on 3 89,164 photos, 4,282 members
- Avian Photography (Plz Comment). 23,934 photos, 870 members
- Natures Finest (Invited Images Only) 311,377 photos, 39,693 members
- Beautiful Earth 607,101 photos, 16,345 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 282,373 photos, 42,014 members
- Excellence In Avian Photography (EIAP) -- INVITED IMAGES ONLY !! 81,191 photos, 8,754 members
- WILDLIFE OF THE WORLD 38,335 photos, 1,488 members
- Welcome To My World (WTMW) 198,775 photos, 5,311 members
- I Saw You First- Invited images only, post 1, invite 1 34,433 photos, 14,154 members
- Color Photo Award - PREMIER -- Post 1: Give 2 - Get 5: Go BRONZE 226,634 photos, 32,226 members
Geyser Gary says:
"In real life, Lars is a lucky guy. In real life I guess you get to make your own luck sometimes. Lars lives in a great place that is near to a lot of other great places. He not only knows how to take great photos with great light, composition and style, but he really knows how to process them as well. The result is a striking image nearly every time. And the best part is that Lars shares his knowledge. Mark this guy as a contact and you are bound to learn something."
April 10th, 2007
"Folks, mark Lars as a contact! He's always out shooting and adding new images to his photo stream. And they're always great! Technically, Lars is outstanding. He know the light, he knows his equipment and he knows post processing as well as any photographer out there.I don't know where he finds the time, but Lars is always eager to help another photographer out with his vast knowledge and expertise.
As Lars would say, Cheers!
January 15th, 2007
- Lawrence (Lars/Larry) Steinke
- October 2006
- Lethbridge, Canada