You can find my photos in cards, prints and my most recent book "Creeks and Peaks", at larsphotography.com/.
You can also find me on Etsy at http://larsphotography.etsy.com/
Most of my digital shots are either with a Nikon D700, D300, D200, D70s, or Fujifilm Finepix S502 zoom. Film was either a Nikon F5 or a Canon AE1, Pentax P3, or Penta ME. Most of the other information can be found in the Exif data. If you have any further questions feel free to ask.
I was born on Mile 0 of the Alaska Highway and have been exploring the wilds of western Canada ever since. I spent many of my formative years in Northern British Columbia in the Mackenzie area before living on the edge of Jasper National Park in Hinton Alberta. I spent a short stint out east while attending Queen's University but I was lured back to the west by the call of the Rockies and moved to Lethbridge to complete my studies at the University of Lethbridge. I presently reside in Lethbridge Alberta where I have lived for just over twenty years.
Living in Lethbridge has given me the ability to explore the Canadian Rockies on a regular basis and a majority of that time is spent photographing Southern Alberta and the wilds of Waterton National Park. While Waterton provides an opportunity to exercise my photography on a regular basis, Banff, Jasper and Northern BC are visited and explored on a regular basis also, as is most of Western Canada. In the past few years travel has taken me to Africa, Europe, the Carribean, South America and China.
Learning to develop black and white photography while a teenager led to an interest in the digital darkroom when Adobe Photoshop first emerged and has led to an expertise in the "Digital Darkroom". I am available for and have taught seminars and courses on post production, LAB colour mode editing, digitalworkflow, as well as general photography workshops.
- Javelin 34 photos, 9 members
- Photographers on Etsy 8,311 photos, 761 members
- Lonely Planet: Photo Challenges -- 'Dusty' 106,597 photos, 14,370 members
- Aves del mundo / Birds of the world 36,235 photos, 2,122 members
- Our Memories, Our Times 91,112 photos, 3,103 members
- "Winged Wonders"-- Birds Only-- Invite Only (Post 1, Award 2) 40,764 photos, 4,983 members
- Flickr's Best Landscape Photographers 12,056 photos, 395 members
- This stands out! - add 1, invite 1, comment 1 - VOTING is open 29,986 photos, 2,174 members
- ArtisticSouls (invitation) -- Comment on photos, please! 1,193 photos, 52 members
- VOICES IN THE WILDERNESS: A Prayer for Wild Things 77,253 photos, 3,421 members
- *ABW* Gallery ~ by invitation only 1,087 photos, 1,407 members
- Platinum Photography Group ~ High Quality~Queue -P1/C3 253,569 photos, 31,561 members
- In Fine Style 42,685 photos, 4,668 members
- Amazing Alberta 66,463 photos, 1,870 members
- *THE PERFECT PHOTOGRAPHER (P1/A2) 909,749 photos, 53,349 members
- Better Than Good - Level 1 (p1/a5) 496,668 photos, 45,148 members
- Take a Bow!***INVITE ONLY***~Post 1 Comment 2 8,863 photos, 2,725 members
- Fishing For Fun 2,509 photos, 208 members
- EMPYREAN FLORA 32,376 photos, 4,721 members
- Leviathor's Labyrinth: Lobotomy Laboratory 2,929 photos, 493 members
- Nothing But The Best 22,468 photos, 1,544 members
- QEMD "Finch" 72,805 photos, 2,035 members
- Bird Watching Group (BWG): Post 1 : Award 2 173,289 photos, 8,978 members
- *Nature* (2 Comments/Photo W/Code) 340,769 photos, 24,165 members
- The Unforgettable Pictures ~ Post 1, Comment 3 ~ NEW RULES!! 265,199 photos, 30,338 members
- One Of A Kind 641,218 photos, 20,404 members
- Excellent Photographer Awards ADMIN INVITE only / Post1/ Award3 63,950 photos, 12,428 members
- Born Free, Living Free 92,669 photos, 2,740 members
- Wings Of The World 10,639 photos, 360 members
- Jeff Corwin - Animal Planet | Animals only | Animais somente 28,088 photos, 1,739 members
- Avian Art 7,391 photos, 147 members
- Birds of Prey (incl owls) 105,562 photos, 9,244 members
- SPORTS ACTION 345,241 photos, 24,526 members
- Sports Photography 324,970 photos, 24,471 members
- FLOWER-POWER 312,111 photos, 18,223 members
- Make it a Mega Shot 7,772 photos, 1,003 members
- Bridges and Tunnels 154,715 photos, 16,881 members
- 3:1 Landscape 19,970 photos, 2,576 members
- Super Shots - Only Invited Photos - Nominate Now 257,397 photos, 40,523 members
- Trophy 30,635 photos, 5,010 members
- Only your best shots Post 1 - Comment on 3 80,085 photos, 4,215 members
- Avian Photography (Plz Comment). 22,090 photos, 875 members
- Natures Finest (Invited Images Only) 299,260 photos, 39,392 members
- Beautiful Earth 354,420 photos, 11,298 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 284,177 photos, 42,418 members
- Excellence In Avian Photography (EIAP) -- INVITED IMAGES (2/day) 68,471 photos, 8,285 members
- WILDLIFE OF THE WORLD 29,092 photos, 1,359 members
- Welcome To My World (WTMW) 152,075 photos, 4,799 members
- I Saw You First- Invited images only, post 1, invite 1 35,105 photos, 14,364 members
- Color Photo Award - PREMIER -- Post 1: Give 2 - Get 5: Go BRONZE 214,094 photos, 31,821 members
Geyser Gary says:
"In real life, Lars is a lucky guy. In real life I guess you get to make your own luck sometimes. Lars lives in a great place that is near to a lot of other great places. He not only knows how to take great photos with great light, composition and style, but he really knows how to process them as well. The result is a striking image nearly every time. And the best part is that Lars shares his knowledge. Mark this guy as a contact and you are bound to learn something."
10th April, 2007
"Folks, mark Lars as a contact! He's always out shooting and adding new images to his photo stream. And they're always great! Technically, Lars is outstanding. He know the light, he knows his equipment and he knows post processing as well as any photographer out there.I don't know where he finds the time, but Lars is always eager to help another photographer out with his vast knowledge and expertise.
As Lars would say, Cheers!
15th January, 2007
- Lawrence (Lars/Larry) Steinke
- October 2006
- Lethbridge, Canada