You can find my photos in cards, prints and my most recent book "Creeks and Peaks", at larsphotography.com/.
You can also find me on Etsy at larsphotography.etsy.com/
Most of my digital shots are either with a Nikon D700, D300, D200, D70s, or Fujifilm Finepix S502 zoom. Film was either a Nikon F5 or a Canon AE1, Pentax P3, or Penta ME. Most of the other information can be found in the Exif data. If you have any further questions feel free to ask.
I was born on Mile 0 of the Alaska Highway and have been exploring the wilds of western Canada ever since. I spent many of my formative years in Northern British Columbia in the Mackenzie area before living on the edge of Jasper National Park in Hinton Alberta. I spent a short stint out east while attending Queen's University but I was lured back to the west by the call of the Rockies and moved to Lethbridge to complete my studies at the University of Lethbridge. I presently reside in Lethbridge Alberta where I have lived for just over twenty years.
Living in Lethbridge has given me the ability to explore the Canadian Rockies on a regular basis and a majority of that time is spent photographing Southern Alberta and the wilds of Waterton National Park. While Waterton provides an opportunity to exercise my photography on a regular basis, Banff, Jasper and Northern BC are visited and explored on a regular basis also, as is most of Western Canada. In the past few years travel has taken me to Africa, Europe, the Carribean, South America and China.
Learning to develop black and white photography while a teenager led to an interest in the digital darkroom when Adobe Photoshop first emerged and has led to an expertise in the "Digital Darkroom". I am available for and have taught seminars and courses on post production, LAB colour mode editing, digitalworkflow, as well as general photography workshops.
- Javelin 34 photos, 9 members
- Photographers on Etsy 8,359 photos, 750 members
- Lonely Planet: Photo Challenges -- 'Danger' 127,007 photos, 15,389 members
- Aves del mundo / Birds of the world 48,328 photos, 2,629 members
- Our Memories, Our Times 105,894 photos, 3,237 members
- "Winged Wonders"-- Birds Only-- Invite Only (Post 1, Award 2) 41,279 photos, 4,993 members
- Flickr's Best Landscape Photographers 20+ Faves 12,331 photos, 677 members
- This stands out! - add 1, invite 1, comment 1 - VOTING is open 29,879 photos, 2,175 members
- ArtisticSouls (invitation) -- Comment on photos, please! 1,194 photos, 50 members
- VOICES IN THE WILDERNESS: A Prayer for Wild Things 86,405 photos, 3,484 members
- *ABW* Gallery - by invitation only 1,038 photos, 1,454 members
- Platinum Photography Group ~ "Monitored Queue" 265,616 photos, 32,042 members
- In Fine Style 42,266 photos, 4,610 members
- Amazing Alberta 78,197 photos, 2,037 members
- *THE PERFECT PHOTOGRAPHER (P1/A2) 1,068,481 photos, 57,007 members
- Better Than Good - Level 1 (p1/a5) 549,331 photos, 46,163 members
- Take a Bow!***INVITE ONLY***~Post 1 Comment 2 8,756 photos, 2,698 members
- Fishing For Fun 2,637 photos, 276 members
- EMPYREAN FLORA 32,071 photos, 4,676 members
- Leviathor's Labyrinth: Lobotomy Laboratory 2,947 photos, 493 members
- Nothing But The Best 26,742 photos, 1,576 members
- QEMD "Finch" 77,349 photos, 2,014 members
- Bird Watching Group (BWG): Post 1 : Award 2 193,818 photos, 9,118 members
- *Nature* (2 Comments/Photo W/Code) 359,866 photos, 24,658 members
- The Unforgettable Pictures ~ Post 1, Comment 3 ~ NEW RULES!! 299,314 photos, 30,794 members
- One Of A Kind 705,628 photos, 20,940 members
- Excellent Photographer Awards ADMIN INVITE only / Post1/ Award3 62,813 photos, 12,292 members
- Born Free, Living Free 107,815 photos, 2,862 members
- Wings Of The World 18,154 photos, 503 members
- Jeff Corwin - Animal Planet | Animals only | Animais somente 29,358 photos, 1,750 members
- Avian Art 7,723 photos, 149 members
- Birds of Prey (incl owls) 110,476 photos, 9,506 members
- SPORTS ACTION 401,410 photos, 27,619 members
- Sports Photography 365,077 photos, 26,528 members
- FLOWER-POWER 334,083 photos, 18,596 members
- Make it a Mega Shot 7,349 photos, 993 members
- Bridges and Tunnels 171,732 photos, 17,517 members
- 3:1 Landscape 20,482 photos, 2,596 members
- Super Shots - Monthly Contest - Nominate Now 257,632 photos, 40,196 members
- Trophy 35,706 photos, 4,959 members
- Only your best shots Post 1 - Comment on 3 87,492 photos, 4,274 members
- Avian Photography (Plz Comment). 23,543 photos, 867 members
- Natures Finest (Invited Images Only) 307,950 photos, 39,584 members
- Beautiful Earth 544,865 photos, 15,333 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 282,088 photos, 42,070 members
- Excellence In Avian Photography (EIAP) -- INVITED IMAGES ONLY !! 78,326 photos, 8,638 members
- WILDLIFE OF THE WORLD 36,944 photos, 1,462 members
- Welcome To My World (WTMW) 187,088 photos, 5,200 members
- I Saw You First- Invited images only, post 1, invite 1 34,539 photos, 14,195 members
- Color Photo Award - PREMIER -- Post 1: Give 2 - Get 5: Go BRONZE 220,261 photos, 32,034 members
Geyser Gary says:
"In real life, Lars is a lucky guy. In real life I guess you get to make your own luck sometimes. Lars lives in a great place that is near to a lot of other great places. He not only knows how to take great photos with great light, composition and style, but he really knows how to process them as well. The result is a striking image nearly every time. And the best part is that Lars shares his knowledge. Mark this guy as a contact and you are bound to learn something."
April 10th, 2007
"Folks, mark Lars as a contact! He's always out shooting and adding new images to his photo stream. And they're always great! Technically, Lars is outstanding. He know the light, he knows his equipment and he knows post processing as well as any photographer out there.I don't know where he finds the time, but Lars is always eager to help another photographer out with his vast knowledge and expertise.
As Lars would say, Cheers!
January 15th, 2007
- Lawrence (Lars/Larry) Steinke
- October 2006
- Lethbridge, Canada