You can find my photos in cards, prints and my most recent book "Creeks and Peaks", at larsphotography.com/.
You can also find me on Etsy at larsphotography.etsy.com/
Most of my digital shots are either with a Nikon D700, D300, D200, D70s, or Fujifilm Finepix S502 zoom. Film was either a Nikon F5 or a Canon AE1, Pentax P3, or Penta ME. Most of the other information can be found in the Exif data. If you have any further questions feel free to ask.
I was born on Mile 0 of the Alaska Highway and have been exploring the wilds of western Canada ever since. I spent many of my formative years in Northern British Columbia in the Mackenzie area before living on the edge of Jasper National Park in Hinton Alberta. I spent a short stint out east while attending Queen's University but I was lured back to the west by the call of the Rockies and moved to Lethbridge to complete my studies at the University of Lethbridge. I presently reside in Lethbridge Alberta where I have lived for just over twenty years.
Living in Lethbridge has given me the ability to explore the Canadian Rockies on a regular basis and a majority of that time is spent photographing Southern Alberta and the wilds of Waterton National Park. While Waterton provides an opportunity to exercise my photography on a regular basis, Banff, Jasper and Northern BC are visited and explored on a regular basis also, as is most of Western Canada. In the past few years travel has taken me to Africa, Europe, the Carribean, South America and China.
Learning to develop black and white photography while a teenager led to an interest in the digital darkroom when Adobe Photoshop first emerged and has led to an expertise in the "Digital Darkroom". I am available for and have taught seminars and courses on post production, LAB colour mode editing, digitalworkflow, as well as general photography workshops.
- Javelin 34 photos, 9 members
- Photographers on Etsy 8,428 photos, 739 members
- Lonely Planet Photo Challenges -- 'Contemplation' (this week) 144,867 photos, 16,028 members
- Aves del mundo / Birds of the world 62,544 photos, 3,009 members
- Our Memories, Our Times 129,161 photos, 3,413 members
- "Winged Wonders"-- Birds Only-- Invite Only (Post 1, Award 2) 40,725 photos, 5,009 members
- Flickr's Best Landscape Photographers (Admin Invite Only) 17,297 photos, 1,965 members
- This stands out! - add 1, invite 1, comment 1 - VOTING is open 33,604 photos, 2,205 members
- ArtisticSouls (invitation) -- Comment on photos, please! 1,199 photos, 49 members
- VOICES IN THE WILDERNESS: A Prayer for Wild Things 93,391 photos, 3,520 members
- *ABW* Gallery - by invitation only 1,029 photos, 1,466 members
- Platinum Photography Group ~ "Quality Photography" 290,220 photos, 32,577 members
- In Fine Style 41,407 photos, 4,577 members
- Amazing Alberta 86,620 photos, 2,127 members
- *THE PERFECT PHOTOGRAPHER (P1/A2) 1,232,640 photos, 59,530 members
- Better Than Good - Level 1 (p1/a3) 592,126 photos, 46,814 members
- Take a Bow!***INVITE ONLY***~Post 1 Comment 2 8,646 photos, 2,681 members
- Fishing For Fun 2,900 photos, 353 members
- EMPYREAN FLORA 34,528 photos, 4,738 members
- Leviathor's Labyrinth: Lobotomy Laboratory 2,979 photos, 494 members
- Nothing But The Best 30,429 photos, 1,621 members
- QEMD "Finch" 78,256 photos, 2,023 members
- Bird Watching Group (BWG): Post 1 : Award 2 213,967 photos, 9,330 members
- *Nature* (2 Comments/Photo W/Code) 387,825 photos, 25,420 members
- The Unforgettable Pictures ~ Post 1, Comment 3 ~ NEW RULES!! 334,559 photos, 31,205 members
- One Of A Kind 772,471 photos, 21,410 members
- Excellent Photographer Awards ADMIN INVITE only / Post1/ Award3 61,811 photos, 12,260 members
- Born Free, Living Free 122,222 photos, 2,975 members
- Wings Of The World 33,234 photos, 717 members
- Jeff Corwin - Animal Planet | Animals only | Animais somente 30,353 photos, 1,754 members
- Avian Art 8,017 photos, 145 members
- SPORTS ACTION 448,138 photos, 29,567 members
- Sports Photography 405,983 photos, 28,320 members
- FLOWER-POWER 357,452 photos, 19,037 members
- Make it a Mega Shot 7,476 photos, 987 members
- Bridges and Tunnels 186,674 photos, 18,065 members
- 3:1 Landscape 20,326 photos, 2,603 members
- Super Shots - Post 1 - Award 2 274,280 photos, 40,553 members
- Trophy 39,639 photos, 4,942 members
- Only your best shots Post 1 - Comment on 3 96,149 photos, 4,385 members
- Avian Photography (Plz Comment). 24,709 photos, 858 members
- Natures Finest (Invited Images Only) 318,756 photos, 39,882 members
- Beautiful Earth 765,972 photos, 18,284 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 283,137 photos, 41,941 members
- Excellence In Avian Photography (EIAP) -- INVITED IMAGES ONLY !! 87,162 photos, 9,026 members
- WILDLIFE OF THE WORLD 41,845 photos, 1,516 members
- Welcome To My World (WTMW) 229,759 photos, 5,549 members
- I Saw You First- Invited images only, post 1, invite 1 34,153 photos, 14,089 members
- Color Photo Award - PREMIER -- Post 1: Give 2 - Get 5: Go BRONZE 244,528 photos, 32,595 members
- PHOTOSHO magazine 17,560 photos, 746 members
Geyser Gary says:
"In real life, Lars is a lucky guy. In real life I guess you get to make your own luck sometimes. Lars lives in a great place that is near to a lot of other great places. He not only knows how to take great photos with great light, composition and style, but he really knows how to process them as well. The result is a striking image nearly every time. And the best part is that Lars shares his knowledge. Mark this guy as a contact and you are bound to learn something."
April 10th, 2007
"Folks, mark Lars as a contact! He's always out shooting and adding new images to his photo stream. And they're always great! Technically, Lars is outstanding. He know the light, he knows his equipment and he knows post processing as well as any photographer out there.I don't know where he finds the time, but Lars is always eager to help another photographer out with his vast knowledge and expertise.
As Lars would say, Cheers!
January 15th, 2007
- Lawrence (Lars/Larry) Steinke
- October 2006
- Lethbridge, Canada