You can find my photos in cards, prints and my most recent book "Creeks and Peaks", at larsphotography.com/.
You can also find me on Etsy at larsphotography.etsy.com/
Most of my digital shots are either with a Nikon D700, D300, D200, D70s, or Fujifilm Finepix S502 zoom. Film was either a Nikon F5 or a Canon AE1, Pentax P3, or Penta ME. Most of the other information can be found in the Exif data. If you have any further questions feel free to ask.
I was born on Mile 0 of the Alaska Highway and have been exploring the wilds of western Canada ever since. I spent many of my formative years in Northern British Columbia in the Mackenzie area before living on the edge of Jasper National Park in Hinton Alberta. I spent a short stint out east while attending Queen's University but I was lured back to the west by the call of the Rockies and moved to Lethbridge to complete my studies at the University of Lethbridge. I presently reside in Lethbridge Alberta where I have lived for just over twenty years.
Living in Lethbridge has given me the ability to explore the Canadian Rockies on a regular basis and a majority of that time is spent photographing Southern Alberta and the wilds of Waterton National Park. While Waterton provides an opportunity to exercise my photography on a regular basis, Banff, Jasper and Northern BC are visited and explored on a regular basis also, as is most of Western Canada. In the past few years travel has taken me to Africa, Europe, the Carribean, South America and China.
Learning to develop black and white photography while a teenager led to an interest in the digital darkroom when Adobe Photoshop first emerged and has led to an expertise in the "Digital Darkroom". I am available for and have taught seminars and courses on post production, LAB colour mode editing, digitalworkflow, as well as general photography workshops.
- Javelin 34 photos, 9 members
- Photographers on Etsy 8,038 photos, 737 members
- Lonely Planet Photo Challenges -- 'Quandary' (new theme) 147,534 photos, 16,150 members
- Aves del mundo / Birds of the world 64,596 photos, 3,062 members
- Our Memories, Our Times 132,845 photos, 3,428 members
- "Winged Wonders"-- Birds Only-- Invite Only (Post 1, Award 2) 40,633 photos, 5,026 members
- Flickr's Best Landscape Photographers (Post 1 Award 2) 17,707 photos, 2,102 members
- This stands out! - add 1, invite 1, comment 1 - VOTING is open 34,382 photos, 2,203 members
- ArtisticSouls (invitation) -- Comment on photos, please! 1,201 photos, 49 members
- VOICES IN THE WILDERNESS: A Prayer for Wild Things 94,427 photos, 3,521 members
- *ABW* Gallery - by invitation only 1,030 photos, 1,476 members
- Platinum Photography Group ~ "Quality Photography" 293,522 photos, 32,661 members
- In Fine Style 41,201 photos, 4,572 members
- Amazing Alberta 87,689 photos, 2,145 members
- *THE PERFECT PHOTOGRAPHER (P1/A2) 1,259,252 photos, 59,848 members
- Better Than Good - Level 1 (p1/a3) 598,753 photos, 46,858 members
- Take a Bow!***INVITE ONLY***~Post 1 Comment 2 8,623 photos, 2,678 members
- Fishing For Fun 2,977 photos, 368 members
- EMPYREAN FLORA 34,763 photos, 4,740 members
- Leviathor's Labyrinth: Lobotomy Laboratory 2,984 photos, 495 members
- Nothing But The Best 31,084 photos, 1,622 members
- QEMD "Finch" 78,106 photos, 2,024 members
- Bird Watching Group (BWG): Post 1 : Award 2 216,666 photos, 9,347 members
- *Nature* (2 Comments/Photo W/Code) 392,593 photos, 25,513 members
- The Unforgettable Pictures ~ Post 1, Comment 3 ~ NEW RULES!! 339,757 photos, 31,250 members
- One Of A Kind 784,191 photos, 21,447 members
- Excellent Photographer Awards ADMIN INVITE only / Post1/ Award3 61,697 photos, 12,233 members
- Born Free, Living Free 124,778 photos, 2,997 members
- Wings Of The World 35,988 photos, 810 members
- Jeff Corwin - Animal Planet | Animals only | Animais somente 30,540 photos, 1,752 members
- Avian Art 8,030 photos, 145 members
- SPORTS ACTION 454,135 photos, 29,775 members
- Sports Photography 411,480 photos, 28,492 members
- FLOWER-POWER 360,134 photos, 19,089 members
- Make it a Mega Shot 7,386 photos, 988 members
- Bridges and Tunnels 188,868 photos, 18,113 members
- 3:1 Landscape 20,415 photos, 2,607 members
- Super Shots - Post 1 - Award 2 276,929 photos, 40,568 members
- Trophy 40,231 photos, 4,939 members
- Only your best shots Post 1 - Comment on 3 97,370 photos, 4,390 members
- Avian Photography (Plz Comment). 24,808 photos, 857 members
- Natures Finest (Invited Images Only) 320,973 photos, 39,908 members
- Beautiful Earth 803,102 photos, 18,694 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 283,177 photos, 41,899 members
- Excellence In Avian Photography (EIAP) -- INVITED IMAGES ONLY !! 86,919 photos, 9,073 members
- WILDLIFE OF THE WORLD 42,840 photos, 1,515 members
- Welcome To My World (WTMW) 237,145 photos, 5,573 members
- I Saw You First- Invited images only, post 1, invite 1 34,063 photos, 14,068 members
- Color Photo Award - PREMIER -- Post 1: Give 2 - Get 5: Go BRONZE 248,283 photos, 32,655 members
- PHOTOSHO magazine 17,894 photos, 749 members
Geyser Gary says:
"In real life, Lars is a lucky guy. In real life I guess you get to make your own luck sometimes. Lars lives in a great place that is near to a lot of other great places. He not only knows how to take great photos with great light, composition and style, but he really knows how to process them as well. The result is a striking image nearly every time. And the best part is that Lars shares his knowledge. Mark this guy as a contact and you are bound to learn something."
April 10th, 2007
"Folks, mark Lars as a contact! He's always out shooting and adding new images to his photo stream. And they're always great! Technically, Lars is outstanding. He know the light, he knows his equipment and he knows post processing as well as any photographer out there.I don't know where he finds the time, but Lars is always eager to help another photographer out with his vast knowledge and expertise.
As Lars would say, Cheers!
January 15th, 2007
- Lawrence (Lars/Larry) Steinke
- October 2006
- Lethbridge, Canada