You can find my photos in cards, prints and my most recent book "Creeks and Peaks", at larsphotography.com/.
You can also find me on Etsy at larsphotography.etsy.com/
Most of my digital shots are either with a Nikon D700, D300, D200, D70s, or Fujifilm Finepix S502 zoom. Film was either a Nikon F5 or a Canon AE1, Pentax P3, or Penta ME. Most of the other information can be found in the Exif data. If you have any further questions feel free to ask.
I was born on Mile 0 of the Alaska Highway and have been exploring the wilds of western Canada ever since. I spent many of my formative years in Northern British Columbia in the Mackenzie area before living on the edge of Jasper National Park in Hinton Alberta. I spent a short stint out east while attending Queen's University but I was lured back to the west by the call of the Rockies and moved to Lethbridge to complete my studies at the University of Lethbridge. I presently reside in Lethbridge Alberta where I have lived for just over twenty years.
Living in Lethbridge has given me the ability to explore the Canadian Rockies on a regular basis and a majority of that time is spent photographing Southern Alberta and the wilds of Waterton National Park. While Waterton provides an opportunity to exercise my photography on a regular basis, Banff, Jasper and Northern BC are visited and explored on a regular basis also, as is most of Western Canada. In the past few years travel has taken me to Africa, Europe, the Carribean, South America and China.
Learning to develop black and white photography while a teenager led to an interest in the digital darkroom when Adobe Photoshop first emerged and has led to an expertise in the "Digital Darkroom". I am available for and have taught seminars and courses on post production, LAB colour mode editing, digitalworkflow, as well as general photography workshops.
- Javelin 34 photos, 9 members
- Photographers on Etsy 8,434 photos, 738 members
- Lonely Planet Photo Challenges -- 'Best' (contest theme) 146,105 photos, 16,087 members
- Aves del mundo / Birds of the world 63,792 photos, 3,038 members
- Our Memories, Our Times 130,938 photos, 3,419 members
- "Winged Wonders"-- Birds Only-- Invite Only (Post 1, Award 2) 40,719 photos, 5,011 members
- Flickr's Best Landscape Photographers (Post 1 Award 2) 17,510 photos, 2,029 members
- This stands out! - add 1, invite 1, comment 1 - VOTING is open 33,914 photos, 2,204 members
- ArtisticSouls (invitation) -- Comment on photos, please! 1,201 photos, 49 members
- VOICES IN THE WILDERNESS: A Prayer for Wild Things 93,901 photos, 3,514 members
- *ABW* Gallery - by invitation only 1,029 photos, 1,473 members
- Platinum Photography Group ~ "Quality Photography" 293,699 photos, 32,633 members
- In Fine Style 41,495 photos, 4,571 members
- Amazing Alberta 87,187 photos, 2,135 members
- *THE PERFECT PHOTOGRAPHER (P1/A2) 1,244,767 photos, 59,679 members
- Better Than Good - Level 1 (p1/a3) 595,375 photos, 46,825 members
- Take a Bow!***INVITE ONLY***~Post 1 Comment 2 8,647 photos, 2,680 members
- Fishing For Fun 2,936 photos, 362 members
- EMPYREAN FLORA 34,715 photos, 4,741 members
- Leviathor's Labyrinth: Lobotomy Laboratory 2,983 photos, 494 members
- Nothing But The Best 30,762 photos, 1,621 members
- QEMD "Finch" 78,408 photos, 2,022 members
- Bird Watching Group (BWG): Post 1 : Award 2 215,500 photos, 9,342 members
- *Nature* (2 Comments/Photo W/Code) 390,254 photos, 25,466 members
- The Unforgettable Pictures ~ Post 1, Comment 3 ~ NEW RULES!! 337,363 photos, 31,239 members
- One Of A Kind 778,131 photos, 21,440 members
- Excellent Photographer Awards ADMIN INVITE only / Post1/ Award3 61,802 photos, 12,244 members
- Born Free, Living Free 123,478 photos, 2,983 members
- Wings Of The World 34,130 photos, 731 members
- Jeff Corwin - Animal Planet | Animals only | Animais somente 30,486 photos, 1,754 members
- Avian Art 8,031 photos, 145 members
- SPORTS ACTION 451,556 photos, 29,686 members
- Sports Photography 408,639 photos, 28,410 members
- FLOWER-POWER 358,894 photos, 19,063 members
- Make it a Mega Shot 7,487 photos, 989 members
- Bridges and Tunnels 187,818 photos, 18,087 members
- 3:1 Landscape 20,384 photos, 2,606 members
- Super Shots - Post 1 - Award 2 275,880 photos, 40,569 members
- Trophy 39,996 photos, 4,941 members
- Only your best shots Post 1 - Comment on 3 96,884 photos, 4,386 members
- Avian Photography (Plz Comment). 24,756 photos, 857 members
- Natures Finest (Invited Images Only) 320,094 photos, 39,892 members
- Beautiful Earth 783,695 photos, 18,477 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 283,515 photos, 41,915 members
- Excellence In Avian Photography (EIAP) -- INVITED IMAGES ONLY !! 87,311 photos, 9,044 members
- WILDLIFE OF THE WORLD 42,348 photos, 1,517 members
- Welcome To My World (WTMW) 233,291 photos, 5,570 members
- I Saw You First- Invited images only, post 1, invite 1 34,131 photos, 14,080 members
- Color Photo Award - PREMIER -- Post 1: Give 2 - Get 5: Go BRONZE 246,718 photos, 32,632 members
- PHOTOSHO magazine 17,727 photos, 746 members
Geyser Gary says:
"In real life, Lars is a lucky guy. In real life I guess you get to make your own luck sometimes. Lars lives in a great place that is near to a lot of other great places. He not only knows how to take great photos with great light, composition and style, but he really knows how to process them as well. The result is a striking image nearly every time. And the best part is that Lars shares his knowledge. Mark this guy as a contact and you are bound to learn something."
April 10th, 2007
"Folks, mark Lars as a contact! He's always out shooting and adding new images to his photo stream. And they're always great! Technically, Lars is outstanding. He know the light, he knows his equipment and he knows post processing as well as any photographer out there.I don't know where he finds the time, but Lars is always eager to help another photographer out with his vast knowledge and expertise.
As Lars would say, Cheers!
January 15th, 2007
- Lawrence (Lars/Larry) Steinke
- October 2006
- Lethbridge, Canada