Visit Tom's Personal Blog for the stories behind his photographs.
Follow Tom on Facebook
Vist Tom's Huffington Post Blog Archive
Environmental and landscape photographer Tom Gill captures the natural and man made wonders of the southeastern portion of Lake Michigan, particularly lighthouses, the National Lakeshore, barns, and small town nostalgia. Tom is a blogger on the Huffington Post, and has earned international recognition for his photography, with publication on the Weather Channel, The Huffington Post, and other major newspapers and magazines. Tom holds a Fine Arts Degree in design from the University of Illinois at Chicago, and aside from photography, enjoys woodworking, sketching, painting, and hiking with his family.
To purchase prints of the photographs featured on Tom's blog, on his flickr pages, or on his Google + pages, contact the photographer directly at
Please contact Tom by flickr mail or at email@example.com if you wish to use his photos. In many cases, Tom permits non-commercial use of his images, but only with the proper attribution.
Commercial use of the images displayed on Tom's Flickr page, and tens of thousands of others in his portfolio, may be obtained by contacting him at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taken by my son Chris Gill
Recent Gallery Exhibits
Photos of Tom Gill. (1)
- Beach life 5,844 photos, 411 members
- Friends of Nachusa Grasslands 70 photos, 15 members
- Flora of the Indiana Dunes 89 photos, 15 members
- Landscape 1,051,776 photos, 101,675 members
- Along the Hennepin Canal 42 photos, 4 members
- Indiana DNR Fish & Wildlife 15 photos, 23 members
- Venus Transit 2012 245 photos, 92 members
- The Planet Venus 422 photos, 164 members
- Project Weather 613,291 photos, 92,521 members
- Lighthouses worldwide 14,887 photos, 1,090 members
- I&M Canal Fans 881 photos, 29 members
- Michigan Cottage Life 91 photos, 14 members
- Indiana Audubon Society's Flora and Fauna Gallery 5,886 photos, 161 members
- Indiana State Parks and Reservoirs 4,073 photos, 478 members
- The Lighthouses of Wisconsin 1,020 photos, 142 members
- *******LUIZA'S LIGHTHOUSE GALLERY******* 9,847 photos, 327 members
- Kapok Tree Restaurant 77 photos, 14 members
- Visit Indiana 22,409 photos, 509 members
- Tinley Park, IL 238 photos, 29 members
- Visit Northern Illinois 7,311 photos, 70 members
- Naturally Indiana 6,781 photos, 575 members
- Not a lighthouse photo 1,201 photos, 126 members
- Fairport Harbor, Ohio 517 photos, 37 members
- Ohio lighthouses 1,031 photos, 152 members
- Panoramic Lighthouses 1,001 photos, 287 members
- Florida Lighthouses ~ Beautiful Beacons 1,246 photos, 242 members
- Indiana Dunes National Park 1,959 photos, 159 members
- Lake Michigan Weather 7,084 photos, 450 members
- Tulip Time Festival 1,937 photos, 338 members
- Holland, Michigan 6,047 photos, 354 members
- silhouette 393,877 photos, 64,638 members
- Explore Northeastern Illinois 18,261 photos, 172 members
- Abandoned Illinois. 10,963 photos, 551 members
- Lemont IL 578 photos, 50 members
- FlickrCentral 9,324,779 photos, 288,800 members
- Lighthouse Trek 21,943 photos, 2,212 members
- Drifted Snow 405 photos, 46 members
- North Central Illinois 6,016 photos, 144 members
- Indiana's Lake Michigan Beaches 678 photos, 51 members
- Geotagged: Illinois 10,514 photos, 96 members
- Illinois Wilderness 22,197 photos, 565 members
- Marshall Field's 94 photos, 49 members
- AROUND ILLINOIS 59,259 photos, 481 members
- Intrigued by ICE 3,945 photos, 746 members
- Enjoy Illinois 51,804 photos, 838 members
- Beach Universe 4,516 photos, 279 members
- Southwest Michigan 7,317 photos, 121 members
- The PERFECT Lighthouse (20+ Faves, Explore or Invite only!) 4,581 photos, 1,368 members
- panoramas 451,183 photos, 59,937 members
- CSSS: US: Illinois Thunderstorms 3,182 photos, 354 members
royal talk says:
"Tom is an amazing photographer ! Not fraid to take risks for that perfect shot! He has a great eye! He is also a great role model for his little photographer :) Tom is definately a fun guy with a great spirit and love of photography and life!"
January 15th, 2009
gregor H says:
"Thank you Tom for showing your amazing world. In your huge stream I like especially the seaside and of course the lighthouse pictures. Here I am fascinated on the beauty of natural forces. The natural touch is your trade mark. And I like it that you are uncompromised beside new techniques like pattern layers or hdr.
Have a good light, Gregor"
August 9th, 2009
aplseed photography says:
"Tom is a great supportive contact. he sees th world much as I see it, making the ordinary scenes stand out and seem so much more interesting.
I imagine his family will grow to also enjoy the family time spent on these photoshoots. There are many beautiful images that will be timeless and family treasures over the years. I can't wait to see his young boys start to take on his artistry when they begin to take up cameras of their own."
April 13th, 2008
"Lapstrake's midwest images are pure Americana. He's capturing the sights we don't pay enough attention to and are in danger of losing. Remember, Tom climbed rocks, and waded in river beds for those shots!
Tom's a great guy to go shooting with; his mix of kindness and humor make him a true friend. I feel like I've known him forever."
April 4th, 2008
"Tom has a great eye not only for the obvious,but for all those little snippets of things most of us do not see. He stops at nothing to get the shot! His knowledge of many different subjects is amazing,and that shows in his shots. Easy going to a fault, he's a lot of fun to go out and shoot with. I'm glad I have him as a contact and a friend!!"
March 24th, 2008
- Tom Gill
- July 2006
- Chicago Illinois
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Visit my web site here