Environmental and landscape photographer Tom Gill captures the natural and man made wonders of the southeastern portion of Lake Michigan, particularly lighthouses, the National Lakeshore, barns, and small town nostalgia. He has earned international recognition for his photography, with publication on the Weather Channel, The Australian, Melbourne and Victoria Herald Sun, Adelaide Now, The Daily Mail, The Huffington Post, and other major newspapers and magazines. Tom holds a Fine Arts Degree in design from the University of Illinois at Chicago, and aside from photography, enjoys woodworking, sketching, painting, and hiking with his family.
To purchase prints of the photographs featured on Tom's blog, on his flickr pages, or on his Google + pages, contact the photographer directly at
Please contact Tom by flickr mail or at email@example.com if you wish to use his photos. In many cases, Tom permits non-commercial use of his images, but only with the proper attribution.
Commercial use of the images displayed on Tom's Flickr page, and tens of thousands of others in his portfolio, may be obtained by contacting him at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit Tom's Blog for the stories behind his photographs.
Taken by my son Chris Gill
Recent Gallery Exhibits
Photos of Tom Gill. (1)
- Along the Hennepin Canal 23 photos, 2 members
- Indiana DNR Fish & Wildlife 14 photos, 15 members
- goRiver Chicago 246 photos, 49 members
- Venus Transit 2012 249 photos, 94 members
- The Planet Venus 384 photos, 159 members
- Your Best Shot 2011 12,594 photos, 14,482 members
- Project Weather 157,909 photos, 38,369 members
- Lighthouses worldwide 9,380 photos, 689 members
- I&M Canal Fans 424 photos, 26 members
- Michigan Cottage Life 90 photos, 13 members
- Indiana Audubon Society's Flora and Fauna Gallery 4,652 photos, 133 members
- Indiana State Parks and Reservoirs 2,686 photos, 385 members
- The Lighthouses of Wisconsin 769 photos, 113 members
- *******LUIZA'S LIGHTHOUSE GALLERY******* 5,999 photos, 306 members
- Kapok Tree Restaurant 79 photos, 10 members
- Montrose Point 3,096 photos, 42 members
- Visit Indiana 14,362 photos, 448 members
- Tinley Park, IL 197 photos, 26 members
- Visit Northern Illinois 2,813 photos, 48 members
- Traditional Skyscrapers 4,423 photos, 444 members
- Railroad Coaling Towers 602 photos, 140 members
- Naturally Indiana 7,122 photos, 541 members
- Not a lighthouse photo 1,041 photos, 128 members
- Fairport Harbor 409 photos, 23 members
- A Christmas Story- the movie 394 photos, 99 members
- Ohio lighthouses 836 photos, 121 members
- Panoramic Lighthouses 374 photos, 125 members
- Florida Lighthouses ~ Beautiful Beacons 902 photos, 188 members
- Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore 1,350 photos, 99 members
- Lake Michigan Weather 6,240 photos, 432 members
- Flickr 5.25 1,073 photos, 1,373 members
- Tulip Time Festival 1,096 photos, 220 members
- Holland, Michigan 5,213 photos, 310 members
- CreativeClouds 1,530 photos, 381 members
- DANGER! 5,591 photos, 813 members
- silhouette 321,366 photos, 45,282 members
- Explore Northeastern Illinois 11,891 photos, 162 members
- Abandoned Illinois. 7,741 photos, 389 members
- Lemont IL 453 photos, 47 members
- FlickrCentral 7,139,431 photos, 206,865 members
- Awesome Snowflakes 2,988 photos, 557 members
- Lighthouse Trek 12,805 photos, 1,348 members
- Drifted Snow 368 photos, 46 members
- North Central Illinois 4,237 photos, 141 members
- Indiana's Lake Michigan Beaches 526 photos, 34 members
- Geotagged: Illinois 5,930 photos, 85 members
- Illinois Wilderness 15,282 photos, 464 members
- Marshall Field's 143 photos, 47 members
- AROUND ILLINOIS 35,928 photos, 388 members
- Intrigued by ICE 3,255 photos, 739 members
D. Rogers Photography says:
"Tom is an amazing photographer ! Not fraid to take risks for that perfect shot! He has a great eye! He is also a great role model for his little photographer :) Tom is definately a fun guy with a great spirit and love of photography and life!"
15th January, 2009
gregor H says:
"Thank you Tom for showing your amazing world. In your huge stream I like especially the seaside and of course the lighthouse pictures. Here I am fascinated on the beauty of natural forces. The natural touch is your trade mark. And I like it that you are uncompromised beside new techniques like pattern layers or hdr.
Have a good light, Gregor"
9th August, 2009
aplseed photography says:
"Tom is a great supportive contact. he sees th world much as I see it, making the ordinary scenes stand out and seem so much more interesting.
I imagine his family will grow to also enjoy the family time spent on these photoshoots. There are many beautiful images that will be timeless and family treasures over the years. I can't wait to see his young boys start to take on his artistry when they begin to take up cameras of their own."
13th April, 2008
"Lapstrake's midwest images are pure Americana. He's capturing the sights we don't pay enough attention to and are in danger of losing. Remember, Tom climbed rocks, and waded in river beds for those shots!
Tom's a great guy to go shooting with; his mix of kindness and humor make him a true friend. I feel like I've known him forever."
4th April, 2008
"Tom has a great eye not only for the obvious,but for all those little snippets of things most of us do not see. He stops at nothing to get the shot! His knowledge of many different subjects is amazing,and that shows in his shots. Easy going to a fault, he's a lot of fun to go out and shoot with. I'm glad I have him as a contact and a friend!!"
24th March, 2008
- Tom Gill
- July 2006
- Chicago Illinois
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Visit my web site here