Environmental and landscape photographer Tom Gill captures the natural and man made wonders of the southeastern portion of Lake Michigan, particularly lighthouses, the National Lakeshore, barns, and small town nostalgia. Tom is a blogger on the Huffington Post, and has earned international recognition for his photography, with publication on the Weather Channel, The Australian, Melbourne and Victoria Herald Sun, Adelaide Now, The Daily Mail, The Huffington Post, and other major newspapers and magazines. Tom holds a Fine Arts Degree in design from the University of Illinois at Chicago, and aside from photography, enjoys woodworking, sketching, painting, and hiking with his family.
To purchase prints of the photographs featured on Tom's blog, on his flickr pages, or on his Google + pages, contact the photographer directly at
Please contact Tom by flickr mail or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to use his photos. In many cases, Tom permits non-commercial use of his images, but only with the proper attribution.
Commercial use of the images displayed on Tom's Flickr page, and tens of thousands of others in his portfolio, may be obtained by contacting him at: email@example.com.
Visit Tom's Personal Blog for the stories behind his photographs.
Vist Tom's Huffington Post Blog Archive
Taken by my son Chris Gill
Recent Gallery Exhibits
Photos of Tom Gill. (1)
- Landscape 1,028,778 photos, 100,253 members
- Along the Hennepin Canal 29 photos, 3 members
- Indiana DNR Fish & Wildlife 15 photos, 21 members
- goRiver Chicago 344 photos, 49 members
- Venus Transit 2012 248 photos, 94 members
- The Planet Venus 428 photos, 161 members
- Your Best Shot 2011 12,089 photos, 13,574 members
- Project Weather 641,697 photos, 94,036 members
- Lighthouses worldwide 13,140 photos, 953 members
- I&M Canal Fans 725 photos, 28 members
- Michigan Cottage Life 90 photos, 14 members
- Indiana Audubon Society's Flora and Fauna Gallery 5,300 photos, 150 members
- Indiana State Parks and Reservoirs 3,575 photos, 460 members
- The Lighthouses of Wisconsin 970 photos, 134 members
- *******LUIZA'S LIGHTHOUSE GALLERY******* 8,989 photos, 323 members
- Kapok Tree Restaurant 79 photos, 14 members
- Montrose Point 4,701 photos, 56 members
- Visit Indiana 17,820 photos, 485 members
- Tinley Park, IL 231 photos, 29 members
- Visit Northern Illinois 4,880 photos, 69 members
- Traditional Skyscrapers 4,368 photos, 478 members
- Railroad Coaling Towers 827 photos, 192 members
- Naturally Indiana 6,983 photos, 581 members
- Not a lighthouse photo 1,167 photos, 132 members
- Fairport Harbor 466 photos, 29 members
- A Christmas Story - The Movie 387 photos, 114 members
- Ohio lighthouses 983 photos, 147 members
- Panoramic Lighthouses 686 photos, 226 members
- Florida Lighthouses ~ Beautiful Beacons 1,123 photos, 225 members
- Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore 1,748 photos, 143 members
- Lake Michigan Weather 6,867 photos, 443 members
- Flickr 5.25 1,043 photos, 1,346 members
- Tulip Time Festival 1,525 photos, 296 members
- Holland, Michigan 5,954 photos, 350 members
- CreativeClouds 1,856 photos, 392 members
- DANGER! 6,383 photos, 871 members
- silhouette 385,741 photos, 61,099 members
- Explore Northeastern Illinois 14,908 photos, 173 members
- Abandoned Illinois. 9,748 photos, 509 members
- Lemont IL 532 photos, 50 members
- FlickrCentral 9,428,610 photos, 261,045 members
- Awesome Snowflakes 4,218 photos, 641 members
- Lighthouse Trek 17,511 photos, 1,790 members
- Drifted Snow 379 photos, 47 members
- North Central Illinois 5,586 photos, 149 members
- Indiana's Lake Michigan Beaches 622 photos, 47 members
- Geotagged: Illinois 6,981 photos, 92 members
- Illinois Wilderness 20,035 photos, 534 members
- Marshall Field's 155 photos, 49 members
- AROUND ILLINOIS 48,223 photos, 447 members
D. Rogers Photography says:
"Tom is an amazing photographer ! Not fraid to take risks for that perfect shot! He has a great eye! He is also a great role model for his little photographer :) Tom is definately a fun guy with a great spirit and love of photography and life!"
January 15th, 2009
gregor H says:
"Thank you Tom for showing your amazing world. In your huge stream I like especially the seaside and of course the lighthouse pictures. Here I am fascinated on the beauty of natural forces. The natural touch is your trade mark. And I like it that you are uncompromised beside new techniques like pattern layers or hdr.
Have a good light, Gregor"
August 9th, 2009
aplseed photography says:
"Tom is a great supportive contact. he sees th world much as I see it, making the ordinary scenes stand out and seem so much more interesting.
I imagine his family will grow to also enjoy the family time spent on these photoshoots. There are many beautiful images that will be timeless and family treasures over the years. I can't wait to see his young boys start to take on his artistry when they begin to take up cameras of their own."
April 13th, 2008
"Lapstrake's midwest images are pure Americana. He's capturing the sights we don't pay enough attention to and are in danger of losing. Remember, Tom climbed rocks, and waded in river beds for those shots!
Tom's a great guy to go shooting with; his mix of kindness and humor make him a true friend. I feel like I've known him forever."
April 4th, 2008
"Tom has a great eye not only for the obvious,but for all those little snippets of things most of us do not see. He stops at nothing to get the shot! His knowledge of many different subjects is amazing,and that shows in his shots. Easy going to a fault, he's a lot of fun to go out and shoot with. I'm glad I have him as a contact and a friend!!"
March 24th, 2008
- Tom Gill
- July 2006
- Chicago Illinois
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Visit my web site here