Environmental and landscape photographer Tom Gill captures the natural and man made wonders of the southeastern portion of Lake Michigan, particularly lighthouses, the National Lakeshore, barns, and small town nostalgia. Tom is a blogger on the Huffington Post, and has earned international recognition for his photography, with publication on the Weather Channel, The Australian, Melbourne and Victoria Herald Sun, Adelaide Now, The Daily Mail, The Huffington Post, and other major newspapers and magazines. Tom holds a Fine Arts Degree in design from the University of Illinois at Chicago, and aside from photography, enjoys woodworking, sketching, painting, and hiking with his family.
To purchase prints of the photographs featured on Tom's blog, on his flickr pages, or on his Google + pages, contact the photographer directly at
Please contact Tom by flickr mail or at email@example.com if you wish to use his photos. In many cases, Tom permits non-commercial use of his images, but only with the proper attribution.
Commercial use of the images displayed on Tom's Flickr page, and tens of thousands of others in his portfolio, may be obtained by contacting him at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit Tom's Personal Blog for the stories behind his photographs.
Vist Tom's Huffington Post Blog Archive
Taken by my son Chris Gill
Recent Gallery Exhibits
Photos of Tom Gill. (1)
- Landscape 1,014,265 photos, 99,842 members
- Along the Hennepin Canal 29 photos, 3 members
- Indiana DNR Fish & Wildlife 15 photos, 21 members
- goRiver Chicago 336 photos, 49 members
- Venus Transit 2012 248 photos, 94 members
- The Planet Venus 428 photos, 161 members
- Your Best Shot 2011 12,125 photos, 13,614 members
- Project Weather 643,793 photos, 93,896 members
- Lighthouses worldwide 12,785 photos, 939 members
- I&M Canal Fans 720 photos, 28 members
- Michigan Cottage Life 90 photos, 14 members
- Indiana Audubon Society's Flora and Fauna Gallery 5,231 photos, 150 members
- Indiana State Parks and Reservoirs 3,489 photos, 460 members
- The Lighthouses of Wisconsin 958 photos, 130 members
- *******LUIZA'S LIGHTHOUSE GALLERY******* 8,688 photos, 322 members
- Kapok Tree Restaurant 79 photos, 14 members
- Montrose Point 4,460 photos, 56 members
- Visit Indiana 17,397 photos, 485 members
- Tinley Park, IL 230 photos, 29 members
- Visit Northern Illinois 4,642 photos, 67 members
- Traditional Skyscrapers 4,369 photos, 478 members
- Railroad Coaling Towers 819 photos, 187 members
- Naturally Indiana 6,967 photos, 580 members
- Not a lighthouse photo 1,162 photos, 133 members
- Fairport Harbor 464 photos, 29 members
- A Christmas Story - The Movie 387 photos, 110 members
- Ohio lighthouses 977 photos, 144 members
- Panoramic Lighthouses 661 photos, 217 members
- Florida Lighthouses ~ Beautiful Beacons 1,111 photos, 222 members
- Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore 1,716 photos, 140 members
- Lake Michigan Weather 6,817 photos, 445 members
- Flickr 5.25 1,048 photos, 1,347 members
- Tulip Time Festival 1,502 photos, 294 members
- Holland, Michigan 5,913 photos, 347 members
- CreativeClouds 1,824 photos, 389 members
- DANGER! 6,356 photos, 867 members
- silhouette 382,220 photos, 60,513 members
- Explore Northeastern Illinois 14,756 photos, 174 members
- Abandoned Illinois. 9,582 photos, 502 members
- Lemont IL 528 photos, 50 members
- FlickrCentral 9,433,217 photos, 258,293 members
- Awesome Snowflakes 4,206 photos, 640 members
- Lighthouse Trek 17,089 photos, 1,749 members
- Drifted Snow 379 photos, 47 members
- North Central Illinois 5,506 photos, 147 members
- Indiana's Lake Michigan Beaches 621 photos, 46 members
- Geotagged: Illinois 6,981 photos, 92 members
- Illinois Wilderness 20,176 photos, 530 members
- Marshall Field's 155 photos, 49 members
- AROUND ILLINOIS 47,139 photos, 439 members
D. Rogers Photography says:
"Tom is an amazing photographer ! Not fraid to take risks for that perfect shot! He has a great eye! He is also a great role model for his little photographer :) Tom is definately a fun guy with a great spirit and love of photography and life!"
January 15th, 2009
gregor H says:
"Thank you Tom for showing your amazing world. In your huge stream I like especially the seaside and of course the lighthouse pictures. Here I am fascinated on the beauty of natural forces. The natural touch is your trade mark. And I like it that you are uncompromised beside new techniques like pattern layers or hdr.
Have a good light, Gregor"
August 9th, 2009
aplseed photography says:
"Tom is a great supportive contact. he sees th world much as I see it, making the ordinary scenes stand out and seem so much more interesting.
I imagine his family will grow to also enjoy the family time spent on these photoshoots. There are many beautiful images that will be timeless and family treasures over the years. I can't wait to see his young boys start to take on his artistry when they begin to take up cameras of their own."
April 13th, 2008
"Lapstrake's midwest images are pure Americana. He's capturing the sights we don't pay enough attention to and are in danger of losing. Remember, Tom climbed rocks, and waded in river beds for those shots!
Tom's a great guy to go shooting with; his mix of kindness and humor make him a true friend. I feel like I've known him forever."
April 4th, 2008
"Tom has a great eye not only for the obvious,but for all those little snippets of things most of us do not see. He stops at nothing to get the shot! His knowledge of many different subjects is amazing,and that shows in his shots. Easy going to a fault, he's a lot of fun to go out and shoot with. I'm glad I have him as a contact and a friend!!"
March 24th, 2008
- Tom Gill
- July 2006
- Chicago Illinois
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Visit my web site here