Environmental and landscape photographer Tom Gill captures the natural and man made wonders of the southeastern portion of Lake Michigan, particularly lighthouses, the National Lakeshore, barns, and small town nostalgia. Tom is a blogger on the Huffington Post, and has earned international recognition for his photography, with publication on the Weather Channel, The Australian, Melbourne and Victoria Herald Sun, Adelaide Now, The Daily Mail, The Huffington Post, and other major newspapers and magazines. Tom holds a Fine Arts Degree in design from the University of Illinois at Chicago, and aside from photography, enjoys woodworking, sketching, painting, and hiking with his family.
To purchase prints of the photographs featured on Tom's blog, on his flickr pages, or on his Google + pages, contact the photographer directly at
Please contact Tom by flickr mail or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to use his photos. In many cases, Tom permits non-commercial use of his images, but only with the proper attribution.
Commercial use of the images displayed on Tom's Flickr page, and tens of thousands of others in his portfolio, may be obtained by contacting him at: email@example.com.
Visit Tom's Personal Blog for the stories behind his photographs.
Vist Tom's Huffington Post Blog Archive
Taken by my son Chris Gill
Recent Gallery Exhibits
Photos of Tom Gill. (1)
- Landscape 1,037,159 photos, 100,680 members
- Along the Hennepin Canal 29 photos, 3 members
- Indiana DNR Fish & Wildlife 15 photos, 21 members
- goRiver Chicago 346 photos, 49 members
- Venus Transit 2012 247 photos, 94 members
- The Planet Venus 431 photos, 163 members
- Your Best Shot 2011 12,068 photos, 13,522 members
- Project Weather 640,670 photos, 94,091 members
- Lighthouses worldwide 13,264 photos, 964 members
- I&M Canal Fans 733 photos, 28 members
- Michigan Cottage Life 90 photos, 14 members
- Indiana Audubon Society's Flora and Fauna Gallery 5,316 photos, 150 members
- Indiana State Parks and Reservoirs 3,633 photos, 461 members
- The Lighthouses of Wisconsin 968 photos, 135 members
- *******LUIZA'S LIGHTHOUSE GALLERY******* 9,106 photos, 322 members
- Kapok Tree Restaurant 79 photos, 14 members
- Montrose Point 4,636 photos, 56 members
- Visit Indiana 18,016 photos, 485 members
- Tinley Park, IL 231 photos, 29 members
- Visit Northern Illinois 4,998 photos, 69 members
- Traditional Skyscrapers 4,355 photos, 474 members
- Railroad Coaling Towers 830 photos, 193 members
- Naturally Indiana 6,979 photos, 580 members
- Not a lighthouse photo 1,171 photos, 132 members
- Fairport Harbor 471 photos, 29 members
- A Christmas Story - The Movie 405 photos, 115 members
- Ohio lighthouses 988 photos, 148 members
- Panoramic Lighthouses 701 photos, 230 members
- Florida Lighthouses ~ Beautiful Beacons 1,126 photos, 227 members
- Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore 1,781 photos, 145 members
- Lake Michigan Weather 6,882 photos, 445 members
- Flickr 5.25 1,042 photos, 1,347 members
- Tulip Time Festival 1,513 photos, 297 members
- Holland, Michigan 5,964 photos, 351 members
- CreativeClouds 1,883 photos, 392 members
- DANGER! 6,399 photos, 867 members
- silhouette 388,475 photos, 61,468 members
- Explore Northeastern Illinois 15,032 photos, 173 members
- Abandoned Illinois. 9,824 photos, 514 members
- Lemont IL 536 photos, 50 members
- FlickrCentral 9,425,896 photos, 262,998 members
- Awesome Snowflakes 4,424 photos, 650 members
- Lighthouse Trek 17,714 photos, 1,806 members
- Drifted Snow 378 photos, 47 members
- North Central Illinois 5,617 photos, 146 members
- Indiana's Lake Michigan Beaches 626 photos, 47 members
- Geotagged: Illinois 6,981 photos, 92 members
- Illinois Wilderness 20,168 photos, 538 members
- Marshall Field's 155 photos, 49 members
- AROUND ILLINOIS 48,903 photos, 449 members
D. Rogers Photography says:
"Tom is an amazing photographer ! Not fraid to take risks for that perfect shot! He has a great eye! He is also a great role model for his little photographer :) Tom is definately a fun guy with a great spirit and love of photography and life!"
January 15th, 2009
gregor H says:
"Thank you Tom for showing your amazing world. In your huge stream I like especially the seaside and of course the lighthouse pictures. Here I am fascinated on the beauty of natural forces. The natural touch is your trade mark. And I like it that you are uncompromised beside new techniques like pattern layers or hdr.
Have a good light, Gregor"
August 9th, 2009
aplseed photography says:
"Tom is a great supportive contact. he sees th world much as I see it, making the ordinary scenes stand out and seem so much more interesting.
I imagine his family will grow to also enjoy the family time spent on these photoshoots. There are many beautiful images that will be timeless and family treasures over the years. I can't wait to see his young boys start to take on his artistry when they begin to take up cameras of their own."
April 13th, 2008
"Lapstrake's midwest images are pure Americana. He's capturing the sights we don't pay enough attention to and are in danger of losing. Remember, Tom climbed rocks, and waded in river beds for those shots!
Tom's a great guy to go shooting with; his mix of kindness and humor make him a true friend. I feel like I've known him forever."
April 4th, 2008
"Tom has a great eye not only for the obvious,but for all those little snippets of things most of us do not see. He stops at nothing to get the shot! His knowledge of many different subjects is amazing,and that shows in his shots. Easy going to a fault, he's a lot of fun to go out and shoot with. I'm glad I have him as a contact and a friend!!"
March 24th, 2008
- Tom Gill
- July 2006
- Chicago Illinois
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Visit my web site here