Pictures taken from an "optimystical" point of view.
I have a photoblog, which features different photos than the ones seen here on flickr. See the link below and feel free to visit "Ladybug's Leaf".
Unless otherwise noted, all images at www.flickr.com/photos/ladybugsleaf/ are the property of the creator, Lisa Ruokis. They are protected under copyright laws and may not be used in any form without written permission. Do not distribute, publish, or share the images online or offline. Legal action will be taken against copyright violations.
I now have a fan page on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Ladybugs-Leaf-Photography/19535166... Please join!
Thank you for stopping by!
Photos of Lady-bug (7)
- QuakerVille 851 photos, 35 members
- Prisma Photography 1,939 photos, 129 members
- Goats! Goats! Goats! 17,580 photos, 3,521 members
- Universal Hub 17,682 photos, 414 members
- The X Project (for the quirky, the unusual and the plain weird) 547 photos, 47 members
- For Garnite! 657 photos, 135 members
- October 10, 2010 1,687 photos, 2,376 members
- PetaPixel.com 124,750 photos, 4,494 members
- coffee and tea lexicon 1,035 photos, 186 members
- !In Memory 4,399 photos, 259 members
- Not a real group 2,438 photos, 679 members
- RAW - New England's Amateur Photographers 6,104 photos, 309 members
- Colors of Fall 2,531 photos, 174 members
- GARDENS ✿ Creative ✿ Secret ~*~ Inspirational 15,794 photos, 1,566 members
- Shapes in the Clouds 2,205 photos, 501 members
- * F l o r / Admin Invite 7,481 photos, 289 members
- *Official Boston Photo Mob Meetup Collection* 1,372 photos, 261 members
- Massachusetts Architecture 10,399 photos, 460 members
- Stony Brook Wildlife Sanctuary / Mass Audubon 417 photos, 34 members
- SJohnson's Fauna ~ Add 1 foto, Award 2! ~ 175,414 photos, 8,068 members
- New England Street Photography 6,533 photos, 497 members
- Flickr Frappucino 2,631 photos, 336 members
- Why Beer? 7,780 photos, 270 members
- Cambridge, Massachusetts 15,492 photos, 854 members
- Quotografie 699 photos, 91 members
- BIRTHDAY CAKES ★ Aglow With Candles★Magical 812 photos, 598 members
- Boston, Massachusetts 62,802 photos, 6,049 members
- [ s e l f - p o r t r a i t s ] 125,025 photos, 8,205 members
- Medicinal, Aromatic and Wild (or rare) Edible Plants 22,737 photos, 1,992 members
- *SILLY* Saturday (Funny animal photos only please) 7,239 photos, 837 members
- Massachusetts Monuments and Memorials 1,229 photos, 113 members
- Garnite's Cheerleaders!!! 404 photos, 209 members
- Flickr Can Has Cheezburger 4,087 photos, 1,916 members
- Boston Photo Mob Meetup 37 photos, 3 members
- For the Love of Yellow 30,312 photos, 2,220 members
- Bostonist 34,580 photos, 829 members
- Saints and their symbols 10,580 photos, 442 members
- Annunciation 3,287 photos, 156 members
- These are a few of my favorite things 2,715 photos, 151 members
- Photos of QUALITY to Smile About ~ International ~ (moderated) 231,690 photos, 14,471 members
- lolcats, cat macros 1,308 photos, 749 members
- Friends of the Blue Hills 1,411 photos, 102 members
- Labyrinth & Maze (Icarus, Daedalus, Minotaur, Theseus, Ariadne) 2,798 photos, 615 members
- Fantasy Stone faces on buildings in cities! 2,343 photos, 189 members
- Rocks & Water 86,592 photos, 6,013 members
- Pumpkin & Spice, All things Fall are nice! 13,834 photos, 1,528 members
- Passionately Pink for the Cure 65,368 photos, 12,844 members
- Black and White (Photography) 206,180 photos, 8,777 members
- Mini Kaleids - KrazyDad Style 2,545 photos, 195 members
- BEER 90,693 photos, 9,609 members
Hello, It's Me says:
"Lady-bug was one of the first people who checked out my photos and made encouraging comments. This was and continues to be a source of wonder (or amusement), since her photography is far superior and one of my many sources of inspiration. When I joined flickr, I did so with the goal of becoming a better photographer, both technically and artistically. Lady-bug is one of the 'real' photographers who has helped and encouraged me. Thanks."
September 20th, 2008
knotty ring says:
""your photographs really leaves me speechless each time i view them! with each photo a story is told and left to the mind of the viewer to imagine... not all photographers can achieve this element of mystery in their work! but i congratulate you because you are gifted with this talent!
i love all your works! your just so amazing! ^_^ "
February 1st, 2008
"Lisa is such a lovely person and a fine photograhper. I like her own view of different things in life but most of all I love her sence of humor and her sensetivity."
January 17th, 2007
truculent condition says:
"I was so glad to meet Lisa on flickr - she is a very talented artist, and her work is amazingly beautiful - but beyond that, Lisa is a very sensitive and wonderful person, very generous and supportive to all of her flickr friends. She has a special vision and a great love of nature, which is very clear in the stunning photographs she has in her photostream. The way she presents the photos as well, with excellent quotes and perspectives, is very interesting and endearing. I am proud to call Lisa a contact! :)"
January 16th, 2007
Winged Foot says:
"From the first day I found Lisa's photographs on Flickr, Lisa has always impressed me with her ability to transcend the scene or subject she has photographed for her compositions; she looks beyond and above what she's captured. 90% of the art is seeing the final result before and during the act of photographing. I really admire all her work as a photographer, and her intellect, thoughtfulness, and heart-felt intutition for finding the proper presentation, right words and thoughts to perfectly match her intended composition. Just awesome and uplifting work that makes one's spirit soar. I'm great fan of her work and appreciate and am grateful for her very kind and thoughtful support of my work as well. Keep up the wonderful work, Lisa!"
December 31st, 2006
jon fobes says:
"The range of Lisa's subjects is exceeded only by her ability to capture them with creativity and freshness that continues to delight. If her self-described "optimystical" point of view is the engine of all this creativity, then more of us should adopt it. Keep up the good work, Lisa!"
September 22nd, 2006
" I like Lady-bug's photos. You can find a lot interested frames. Also, the most pictures give me tranquil feeling. I've had many photos to be my fave. Lady-bug own great view that lead us to see more different world. ."
August 25th, 2006
"Lisa captures two of my passions in her photostream - images and quotations! I absolutely love her stunning photography and text couplings which never cease to edify and instigate a moment's pause in the busyness of the day. Thank you Lisa for being so brilliant at capturing in word AND picture the beauty that awaits us. – Colin."
July 11th, 2006
""Lisa is one of the nicest persons I met on Flickr just a few weeks ago. I had a lot of doubts about how things work here and she was always helpful when I needed her.
Her comments are lovely and encouraging all the time. Can´t wait to read them every day.
Lisa has a beautiful soul. She loves nature and her photos, combined to amazing quotations, show that so well.
Spend some time on her photo stream and give yourself some moments of delight.
Lisa, I also feel so blessed to have met you, my dear friend.
Thank you so much for your pacience, for your help and for being the way you are."
June 1st, 2006
"If it was possible to "FAV" a whole PERSON, and/or a Photostream, I think I'd start with Lisa's!
From her use of quotes with her work, I have learned a lot about both photography AND the human spirit - my own, in particular.
Keep 'em coming, Lisa! You can't know how many times something from you has "made my day"!
April 22nd, 2006
Laurence & Annie says:
"Lisa has wonderful pictures with wise quotes. This is a quiet place for your soul. Enjoy them!"
March 26th, 2006
"Optimystical is the perfect word for Lisa! Not only does she have an eye for great shots, but her photos shine with an appreciation for the world around us and a true generosity of spirit. I love seeing the world through Lisa's perspective!"
February 5th, 2006
Patrick Houlihan says:
"Lisa was the first person to add a comment to one of my Flickr photos. I didn't yet know what Flickr was about, but getting a Lady-bug comment taught me how friendly and encouraging Flickr members are. It also showed me that Flickr isn't merely a site, but a community.
Before long, I discovered Lisa's photos and those wonderful quotations. Her photographic skill is extraordinary, her images offer an uncommon serenity and optimism, and her ability to find just the right quote for a photo is nothing short of amazing. Lisa is one of those members who makes Flickr special."
January 9th, 2006
"Few can combine image and text with Lisa's skill, and she does it time after time, and each time she brings calm, serenity and peace to our sometimes frazzled lives. Thank you, Lisa, for doing that and for being so supportive and encouraging in your comments. Flickr is lucky to have you as a member of the community."
December 26th, 2005
quaint thumb says:
"Lisa's art is one of Flickr's true treasures. Her poetic combinations of word and image never fails to move me; sometimes to laugh, sometimes to cry, but always with an inward smile for guiding me to learn something, to SEE something in a more wonder-ful way. I cannot thank her enough for sharing her sight and soul so openly, and pray she realizes how much her visions influence our lives every day, always giving us some new treasure to learn from."
October 31st, 2005
dave witmer says:
"Lisa is a great asset here on Flickr. Her pictures are well shot and always a pleasure to look at. Also, she seems to be one of the nicest people You could "meet". Whenever i upload pictures, no matter how bad i think they are, Lisa is usually the first to leave a comment and always points out the good things about them and is just overall encouraging. While i've never met her, i could easily consider Lisa to be a true friend."
October 2nd, 2005
steady observation says:
"Lady-bug's work gives me a feeling of complete serenity and peace. In our everyday world of stress and "hecticness" (is that a word?) I find myself longing for the calm that Lady-bug offers."
September 27th, 2005
"I've had an opportunity to review many of the photos that Lady-bug has posted on flickr.
I'm not a professional photography reviewer, but I know what I like and I like Lady-bug's photos.
I particularly enjoy her nature selections. The unique views and wonderful vantage points are pleasing to the eye. They make you want to be there!
And.......to top it off......she likes White Mountain hiking!
Tell me she is a Red Sox fan and she goes straight to my Hall of Fame!
September 23rd, 2005
impartial slip says:
"It's rare that you find great talent, sensitivity and a wonderful personality in one person, but Lisa possesses all of these attributes and more. Her photographs are always excellent, and she has a knack for finding interesting and intriguing quotations to go with them."
September 13th, 2005
"as sweet as candy!!
I love her photo-stream it always draws a wide smile on my face, not forgetting her sweet presence.
Keep shining Lady-bug *_*"
June 13th, 2005
Buddha's Elf says:
"I like to think of the internet as my real family, my biological one is so corrupt. I like to think of this wonderful collection of flickr friends very special to me. I get around even though I am disabled, and all of my wonderful friends at flickr have rewarded me with love and friendship, but none more than Lady-Bug, who, with her stunning collection of masterful pictures, and her kind heart, has given all of us hours of endless entertainment, wonder, and truly artistically high-end work.
I just felt the sudden urge to tell everyone at flickr what kindness and artistic excellence make up the person we love to call Lady-Bug.
Thank you forever..."
April 19th, 2005
- Lisa Ruokis
- September 2004
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Ladybug's Leaf