Pictures taken from an "optimystical" point of view.
I have a photoblog, which features different photos than the ones seen here on flickr. See the link below and feel free to visit "Ladybug's Leaf".
Unless otherwise noted, all images at www.flickr.com/photos/ladybugsleaf/ are the property of the creator, Lisa Ruokis. They are protected under copyright laws and may not be used in any form without written permission. Do not distribute, publish, or share the images online or offline. Legal action will be taken against copyright violations.
I now have a fan page on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Ladybugs-Leaf-Photography/19535166... Please join!
Thank you for stopping by!
Photos of Lady-bug (7)
- Universal Hub 16,423 photos, 403 members
- The X Project (for the quirky, the unusual and the plain weird) 395 photos, 46 members
- For Garnite! 570 photos, 136 members
- October 10, 2010 1,757 photos, 2,465 members
- PetaPixel.com 99,138 photos, 4,369 members
- coffee and tea lexicon 336 photos, 116 members
- !In Memory 2,169 photos, 236 members
- Not a real group 2,451 photos, 690 members
- RAW - New England's Amateur Photographers 5,096 photos, 307 members
- Colors of Fall 865 photos, 102 members
- GARDENS ✿ Creative ✿ Secret ~*~ Inspirational 5,963 photos, 720 members
- Shapes in the Clouds 2,027 photos, 494 members
- * F l o r / Admin Invite 7,483 photos, 294 members
- *Official Boston Photo Mob Meetup Collection* 1,393 photos, 269 members
- Massachusetts Architecture 7,556 photos, 393 members
- Stony Brook Wildlife Sanctuary / Mass Audubon 416 photos, 31 members
- S Johnson's Fauna A1/ C 2. Surgery/come back slow 105,238 photos, 6,758 members
- New England Street Photography 4,802 photos, 458 members
- Flickr Frappucino 1,603 photos, 341 members
- Why Beer? 5,138 photos, 259 members
- Cambridge, Massachusetts 13,982 photos, 801 members
- Quotografie 702 photos, 94 members
- Birthday Cakes ★ Aglow With Candles★Magical 817 photos, 521 members
- Boston, Massachusetts 54,105 photos, 5,523 members
- [ s e l f - p o r t r a i t s ] 117,415 photos, 7,846 members
- Medicinal, Aromatic and Wild (or rare) Edible Plants 22,179 photos, 1,920 members
- Zakim Bunker Hill Bridge 729 photos, 194 members
- *SILLY* Saturday (Funny animal photos only please) 7,312 photos, 846 members
- Massachusetts Monuments and Memorials 1,183 photos, 109 members
- Garnite's Cheerleaders!!! 427 photos, 214 members
- Flickr Can Has Cheezburger 3,185 photos, 1,988 members
- Boston Photo Mob Meetup 37 photos, 3 members
- For the Love of Yellow 23,814 photos, 2,094 members
- Bostonist 32,905 photos, 812 members
- Saints and their symbols 8,634 photos, 384 members
- Annunciation 2,546 photos, 130 members
- These are a few of my favorite things 2,275 photos, 141 members
- Photos of QUALITY to Smile About ~ International ~ (moderated) 224,340 photos, 14,797 members
- lolcats, cat macros 1,448 photos, 770 members
- Friends of the Blue Hills 1,348 photos, 92 members
- Labyrinth & Maze (Icarus, Daedalus, Minotaur, Theseus, Ariadne) 2,787 photos, 614 members
- Fantasy Stone faces on buildings in cities! 1,947 photos, 179 members
- Rocks & Water 64,578 photos, 5,402 members
- Pumpkin & Spice, All things Fall are nice! 12,067 photos, 1,445 members
- Passionately Pink for the Cure 66,274 photos, 13,083 members
- Black and White (Photography) 138,906 photos, 7,472 members
- Mini Kaleids - KrazyDad Style 2,545 photos, 197 members
- BEER 75,604 photos, 9,672 members
- Tomato! 7,244 photos, 1,861 members
- LOTUS Flowers 3,913 photos, 686 members
Hello, It's Me says:
"Lady-bug was one of the first people who checked out my photos and made encouraging comments. This was and continues to be a source of wonder (or amusement), since her photography is far superior and one of my many sources of inspiration. When I joined flickr, I did so with the goal of becoming a better photographer, both technically and artistically. Lady-bug is one of the 'real' photographers who has helped and encouraged me. Thanks."
September 20th, 2008
""your photographs really leaves me speechless each time i view them! with each photo a story is told and left to the mind of the viewer to imagine... not all photographers can achieve this element of mystery in their work! but i congratulate you because you are gifted with this talent!
i love all your works! your just so amazing! ^_^ "
February 1st, 2008
"Lisa is such a lovely person and a fine photograhper. I like her own view of different things in life but most of all I love her sence of humor and her sensetivity."
January 17th, 2007
"I was so glad to meet Lisa on flickr - she is a very talented artist, and her work is amazingly beautiful - but beyond that, Lisa is a very sensitive and wonderful person, very generous and supportive to all of her flickr friends. She has a special vision and a great love of nature, which is very clear in the stunning photographs she has in her photostream. The way she presents the photos as well, with excellent quotes and perspectives, is very interesting and endearing. I am proud to call Lisa a contact! :)"
January 16th, 2007
Winged Foot says:
"From the first day I found Lisa's photographs on Flickr, Lisa has always impressed me with her ability to transcend the scene or subject she has photographed for her compositions; she looks beyond and above what she's captured. 90% of the art is seeing the final result before and during the act of photographing. I really admire all her work as a photographer, and her intellect, thoughtfulness, and heart-felt intutition for finding the proper presentation, right words and thoughts to perfectly match her intended composition. Just awesome and uplifting work that makes one's spirit soar. I'm great fan of her work and appreciate and am grateful for her very kind and thoughtful support of my work as well. Keep up the wonderful work, Lisa!"
December 31st, 2006
jon fobes says:
"The range of Lisa's subjects is exceeded only by her ability to capture them with creativity and freshness that continues to delight. If her self-described "optimystical" point of view is the engine of all this creativity, then more of us should adopt it. Keep up the good work, Lisa!"
September 22nd, 2006
" I like Lady-bug's photos. You can find a lot interested frames. Also, the most pictures give me tranquil feeling. I've had many photos to be my fave. Lady-bug own great view that lead us to see more different world. ."
August 25th, 2006
"Lisa captures two of my passions in her photostream - images and quotations! I absolutely love her stunning photography and text couplings which never cease to edify and instigate a moment's pause in the busyness of the day. Thank you Lisa for being so brilliant at capturing in word AND picture the beauty that awaits us. – Colin."
July 11th, 2006
""Lisa is one of the nicest persons I met on Flickr just a few weeks ago. I had a lot of doubts about how things work here and she was always helpful when I needed her.
Her comments are lovely and encouraging all the time. Can´t wait to read them every day.
Lisa has a beautiful soul. She loves nature and her photos, combined to amazing quotations, show that so well.
Spend some time on her photo stream and give yourself some moments of delight.
Lisa, I also feel so blessed to have met you, my dear friend.
Thank you so much for your pacience, for your help and for being the way you are."
June 1st, 2006
"If it was possible to "FAV" a whole PERSON, and/or a Photostream, I think I'd start with Lisa's!
From her use of quotes with her work, I have learned a lot about both photography AND the human spirit - my own, in particular.
Keep 'em coming, Lisa! You can't know how many times something from you has "made my day"!
April 22nd, 2006
Laurence & Annie says:
"Lisa has wonderful pictures with wise quotes. This is a quiet place for your soul. Enjoy them!"
March 26th, 2006
"Optimystical is the perfect word for Lisa! Not only does she have an eye for great shots, but her photos shine with an appreciation for the world around us and a true generosity of spirit. I love seeing the world through Lisa's perspective!"
February 5th, 2006
Patrick Houlihan says:
"Lisa was the first person to add a comment to one of my Flickr photos. I didn't yet know what Flickr was about, but getting a Lady-bug comment taught me how friendly and encouraging Flickr members are. It also showed me that Flickr isn't merely a site, but a community.
Before long, I discovered Lisa's photos and those wonderful quotations. Her photographic skill is extraordinary, her images offer an uncommon serenity and optimism, and her ability to find just the right quote for a photo is nothing short of amazing. Lisa is one of those members who makes Flickr special."
January 9th, 2006
"Few can combine image and text with Lisa's skill, and she does it time after time, and each time she brings calm, serenity and peace to our sometimes frazzled lives. Thank you, Lisa, for doing that and for being so supportive and encouraging in your comments. Flickr is lucky to have you as a member of the community."
December 26th, 2005
"Lisa's art is one of Flickr's true treasures. Her poetic combinations of word and image never fails to move me; sometimes to laugh, sometimes to cry, but always with an inward smile for guiding me to learn something, to SEE something in a more wonder-ful way. I cannot thank her enough for sharing her sight and soul so openly, and pray she realizes how much her visions influence our lives every day, always giving us some new treasure to learn from."
October 31st, 2005
dave witmer says:
"Lisa is a great asset here on Flickr. Her pictures are well shot and always a pleasure to look at. Also, she seems to be one of the nicest people You could "meet". Whenever i upload pictures, no matter how bad i think they are, Lisa is usually the first to leave a comment and always points out the good things about them and is just overall encouraging. While i've never met her, i could easily consider Lisa to be a true friend."
October 2nd, 2005
"Lady-bug's work gives me a feeling of complete serenity and peace. In our everyday world of stress and "hecticness" (is that a word?) I find myself longing for the calm that Lady-bug offers."
September 27th, 2005
"I've had an opportunity to review many of the photos that Lady-bug has posted on flickr.
I'm not a professional photography reviewer, but I know what I like and I like Lady-bug's photos.
I particularly enjoy her nature selections. The unique views and wonderful vantage points are pleasing to the eye. They make you want to be there!
And.......to top it off......she likes White Mountain hiking!
Tell me she is a Red Sox fan and she goes straight to my Hall of Fame!
September 23rd, 2005
Duck Parade Comics says:
"It's rare that you find great talent, sensitivity and a wonderful personality in one person, but Lisa possesses all of these attributes and more. Her photographs are always excellent, and she has a knack for finding interesting and intriguing quotations to go with them."
September 13th, 2005
"as sweet as candy!!
I love her photo-stream it always draws a wide smile on my face, not forgetting her sweet presence.
Keep shining Lady-bug *_*"
June 13th, 2005
Buddha's Elf says:
"I like to think of the internet as my real family, my biological one is so corrupt. I like to think of this wonderful collection of flickr friends very special to me. I get around even though I am disabled, and all of my wonderful friends at flickr have rewarded me with love and friendship, but none more than Lady-Bug, who, with her stunning collection of masterful pictures, and her kind heart, has given all of us hours of endless entertainment, wonder, and truly artistically high-end work.
I just felt the sudden urge to tell everyone at flickr what kindness and artistic excellence make up the person we love to call Lady-Bug.
Thank you forever..."
April 19th, 2005
- Lisa Ruokis
- September 2004
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Ladybug's Leaf