My name is Kristal Armendariz and I work in an office by day, go to graduate school by night and am mom/wife 24/7. Between us, my husband and I have nine kids ~ five still at home.
I use flickr as a dumping ground for all my photos. Think stream of consciousness. If you want the story behind the photos, check out my blog. If you want to see dozens of pictures a day, including all the silly things I shoot with my cameraphone you are in the right place!
Find me here: blog, twitter, facebook, gmail
- dubble 781 photos, 34 members
- Half Burned 131 photos, 18 members
- One Million Acts of Kindness 55 photos, 11 members
- Educators on Flickr 1,099 photos, 87 members
- Hipstamatic D-Series (Disposable) 591 photos, 89 members
- Flickr Ideas 1 photo, 11,716 members
- I shoot paper 3,515 photos, 540 members
- Diptychs - two is better than one! 124,124 photos, 26,525 members
- Diptic App 10,007 photos, 2,910 members
- Instagram 144,144 photos, 8,290 members
- Reflected light 720 photos, 308 members
- Vanishing point videos 358 photos, 156 members
- Pork ~ the other flickr meat 7,376 photos, 901 members
- Solargraphy 3,252 photos, 767 members
- !Drive By Shooting 64,968 photos, 3,368 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,423 photos, 22,401 members
- I Voted Stickers!! 36 photos, 20 members
- New Mexico - the Land of Enchantment 6,799 photos, 242 members
- Las Cruces, New Mexico 613 photos, 68 members
- Las Cruces Flickr Group 998 photos, 53 members
- NPR Look At This 151,756 photos, 6,170 members
- Wait-Wait, don't look at me 2,837 photos, 823 members
- ~WORLD TOY CAMERA DAY~ 8,884 photos, 903 members
- 101010 - Flickr Project 5,607 photos, 1,760 members
- Flickr 10-10-10 3,905 photos, 1,552 members
- World Toy Camera Day 101010 45 photos, 51 members
- Freelensing 9,557 photos, 3,618 members
- Photojojo Browser Tab Photo Museum! 96 photos, 59 members
- Photojojo! The Book 150 photos, 260 members
- Ricoh 500G 3,700 photos, 663 members
- owl friday 437 photos, 176 members
- October 10, 2010 1,771 photos, 2,484 members
- Cloud Junkie 357,899 photos, 35,661 members
- Atrocious Apostrophe's 3,394 photos, 1,208 members
- Disderi Robot Style 3 Lenses Camera 2,641 photos, 377 members
- Faceyourpockets.com 48 photos, 49 members
- lovely blinding sun 151 photos, 50 members
- Don't Hurry and Be Happy 664 photos, 57 members
- THE IMPOSSIBLE PROJECT 134,461 photos, 8,991 members
- 'Roid Week 2010 5,297 photos, 1,620 members
- Say Chuck E Cheese! 4 photos, 2 members
- Shutter Sisters 365 158,728 photos, 2,682 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 15,226 photos, 18,788 members
- FILM SWAP 7,366 photos, 1,377 members
- Postcards: KRISTYK 30 photos, 5 members
- Split-Cam 1,382 photos, 264 members
- a day in the life of 4 November 293 photos, 301 members
- Portrait within a Portrait 273 photos, 165 members
- Shutter Sisters One Word Project 36,731 photos, 3,836 members
- Graffiti of the Gods (Cloud Porn) 1,040 photos, 147 members
"Kristy K has a unique talent for capturing value in things most of us just pass by without a thought. She also captures the true grit of living in a large and noisy family, showing life as it really is -before makeup. I treasure her photostream because it allows me to watch my grandkids living life and I am somehow a part of it all. My thanks to you for taking the time, every day, to share slices of life with us all."
March 30th, 2009
weaker vessel says:
"Kristal Armendariz, a photographer based in Las Cruces, New Mexico, likes to document the often-overlooked flashes of beauty and meaning that drift across the landscape of everyday life. The mother of seven, she’s had plenty of opportunities to hone the fine art of lining up shots with a fussy baby balanced on one hip. When she’s not counting kids or experimenting with one of her cameras, you’ll probably find her sketching out plans for the family’s next road trip.
Thanks, Kristy, for the wonderful peephole into the lives of your beautiful family, and for the loving, creative, masterful documentation of the very unique town you call home!"
January 28th, 2008
"Kristal is the mother of seven and wife of one. Her big family adventures and sense of humor are documented on her website, kristyk.org. Her love for life and ability to see the beauty in the mundane is captured in her photography collection at Flickr. Kristal inspires me to see the world as though everything is deserving of a photograph. Kristal is the blogger I would most like to meet in person."
January 26th, 2008
"Kristal's photostream is candy for the eyes and senses. Her photos are bright, vibrant and so full of life. They are a testament to her passions and it shows in every shot."
March 18th, 2007
Mattie & Den says:
leads you into her
and expertly captured
Thank you for sharing..."
March 16th, 2006
jon madison says:
"i can't even explain...i can go through dozens of shots at a time (well, because she's that prolific anyway:) because i know i'm going to get hit with something wonderful.
there's a real realness about her photos that's...just...uh...yeah. it's dope."
January 5th, 2006
"Kristal's photos are amazing. They are unique and give the viewers an incredibly beautiful peek into her very rich and love filled world. She inspires me to be more creative and to find beauty in all of the little things that surround me."
August 17th, 2005
- Kristal Armendariz
- August 2004
- Las Cruces
- New Mexico, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- kristyk.org [at] gmail.com