My name is Kristal Armendariz and I work in an office by day, go to graduate school by night and am mom/wife 24/7. Between us, my husband and I have nine kids ~ five still at home.
I use flickr as a dumping ground for all my photos. Think stream of consciousness. If you want the story behind the photos, check out my blog. If you want to see dozens of pictures a day, including all the silly things I shoot with my cameraphone you are in the right place!
Find me here: blog, twitter, facebook, gmail
- dubble 793 photos, 34 members
- Half Burned 130 photos, 17 members
- One Million Acts of Kindness 55 photos, 11 members
- Educators on Flickr 1,099 photos, 87 members
- Hipstamatic D-Series (Disposable) 594 photos, 89 members
- Flickr Ideas 1 photo, 11,689 members
- I shoot paper 3,576 photos, 548 members
- Diptychs - two is better than one! 124,258 photos, 26,949 members
- Diptic App 10,042 photos, 2,902 members
- Instagram 145,027 photos, 8,301 members
- Reflected light 719 photos, 313 members
- Vanishing point videos 360 photos, 157 members
- Pork ~ the other flickr meat 7,446 photos, 904 members
- Solargraphy 3,311 photos, 781 members
- !Drive By Shooting 66,415 photos, 3,390 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,381 photos, 22,356 members
- I Voted Stickers!! 36 photos, 20 members
- New Mexico - the Land of Enchantment 6,976 photos, 245 members
- Las Cruces, New Mexico 697 photos, 70 members
- Las Cruces Flickr Group 1,001 photos, 53 members
- NPR Look At This 154,422 photos, 6,226 members
- Wait-Wait, don't look at me 2,784 photos, 826 members
- ~WORLD TOY CAMERA DAY~ 8,885 photos, 903 members
- 101010 - Flickr Project 5,655 photos, 1,759 members
- Flickr 10-10-10 3,909 photos, 1,545 members
- World Toy Camera Day 101010 46 photos, 51 members
- Freelensing 9,756 photos, 3,661 members
- Photojojo Browser Tab Photo Museum! 96 photos, 59 members
- Photojojo! The Book 158 photos, 261 members
- Ricoh 500G 3,712 photos, 677 members
- owl friday 483 photos, 180 members
- October 10, 2010 1,767 photos, 2,477 members
- Cloud Junkie 369,991 photos, 37,541 members
- Atrocious Apostrophe's 3,419 photos, 1,210 members
- Disderi Robot Style 3 Lenses Camera 2,644 photos, 377 members
- Faceyourpockets.com 48 photos, 49 members
- lovely blinding sun 151 photos, 50 members
- Don't Hurry and Be Happy 673 photos, 57 members
- THE IMPOSSIBLE PROJECT 135,711 photos, 9,086 members
- 'Roid Week 2010 5,293 photos, 1,618 members
- Say Chuck E Cheese! 4 photos, 2 members
- Shutter Sisters 365 159,654 photos, 2,678 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 15,198 photos, 18,747 members
- FILM SWAP 7,262 photos, 1,374 members
- Postcards: KRISTYK 30 photos, 5 members
- Split-Cam 1,393 photos, 265 members
- a day in the life of 4 November 293 photos, 302 members
- Portrait within a Portrait 270 photos, 169 members
- Shutter Sisters One Word Project 36,677 photos, 3,827 members
- Graffiti of the Gods (Cloud Porn) 1,067 photos, 150 members
"Kristy K has a unique talent for capturing value in things most of us just pass by without a thought. She also captures the true grit of living in a large and noisy family, showing life as it really is -before makeup. I treasure her photostream because it allows me to watch my grandkids living life and I am somehow a part of it all. My thanks to you for taking the time, every day, to share slices of life with us all."
March 30th, 2009
weaker vessel says:
"Kristal Armendariz, a photographer based in Las Cruces, New Mexico, likes to document the often-overlooked flashes of beauty and meaning that drift across the landscape of everyday life. The mother of seven, she’s had plenty of opportunities to hone the fine art of lining up shots with a fussy baby balanced on one hip. When she’s not counting kids or experimenting with one of her cameras, you’ll probably find her sketching out plans for the family’s next road trip.
Thanks, Kristy, for the wonderful peephole into the lives of your beautiful family, and for the loving, creative, masterful documentation of the very unique town you call home!"
January 28th, 2008
"Kristal is the mother of seven and wife of one. Her big family adventures and sense of humor are documented on her website, kristyk.org. Her love for life and ability to see the beauty in the mundane is captured in her photography collection at Flickr. Kristal inspires me to see the world as though everything is deserving of a photograph. Kristal is the blogger I would most like to meet in person."
January 26th, 2008
"Kristal's photostream is candy for the eyes and senses. Her photos are bright, vibrant and so full of life. They are a testament to her passions and it shows in every shot."
March 18th, 2007
Mattie & Den says:
leads you into her
and expertly captured
Thank you for sharing..."
March 16th, 2006
jon madison says:
"i can't even explain...i can go through dozens of shots at a time (well, because she's that prolific anyway:) because i know i'm going to get hit with something wonderful.
there's a real realness about her photos that's...just...uh...yeah. it's dope."
January 5th, 2006
"Kristal's photos are amazing. They are unique and give the viewers an incredibly beautiful peek into her very rich and love filled world. She inspires me to be more creative and to find beauty in all of the little things that surround me."
August 17th, 2005
- Kristal Armendariz
- August 2004
- Las Cruces
- New Mexico, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- kristyk.org [at] gmail.com