My name is Kristal Armendariz and I work in an office by day, go to graduate school by night and am mom/wife 24/7. Between us, my husband and I have nine kids ~ five still at home.
I use flickr as a dumping ground for all my photos. Think stream of consciousness. If you want the story behind the photos, check out my blog. If you want to see dozens of pictures a day, including all the silly things I shoot with my cameraphone you are in the right place!
Find me here: blog, twitter, facebook, gmail
- dubble 793 photos, 34 members
- Half Burned 133 photos, 17 members
- One Million Acts of Kindness 55 photos, 11 members
- Educators on Flickr 1,098 photos, 89 members
- Hipstamatic D-Series (Disposable) 593 photos, 89 members
- Flickr Ideas 1 photo, 11,650 members
- I shoot paper 3,756 photos, 568 members
- Diptychs - two is better than one! 124,608 photos, 27,642 members
- Diptic App 9,955 photos, 2,889 members
- Instagram 145,186 photos, 8,312 members
- Reflected light 719 photos, 314 members
- Vanishing point videos 367 photos, 158 members
- Pork ~ the other flickr meat 7,550 photos, 907 members
- Solargraphy 3,445 photos, 802 members
- !Drive By Shooting 68,573 photos, 3,398 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,290 photos, 22,260 members
- I Voted Stickers!! 36 photos, 20 members
- New Mexico - the Land of Enchantment 7,290 photos, 261 members
- Las Cruces, New Mexico 749 photos, 73 members
- Las Cruces Flickr Group 1,028 photos, 55 members
- NPR Look At This 158,492 photos, 6,278 members
- Wait-Wait, don't look at me 2,731 photos, 826 members
- ~WORLD TOY CAMERA DAY~ 8,952 photos, 925 members
- 101010 - Flickr Project 5,812 photos, 1,755 members
- Flickr 10-10-10 3,893 photos, 1,538 members
- World Toy Camera Day 101010 46 photos, 51 members
- Freelensing 9,932 photos, 3,712 members
- Photojojo Browser Tab Photo Museum! 96 photos, 59 members
- Photojojo! The Book 157 photos, 258 members
- Ricoh 500G 3,838 photos, 690 members
- owl friday 490 photos, 182 members
- October 10, 2010 1,757 photos, 2,465 members
- Cloud Junkie 396,097 photos, 40,747 members
- Atrocious Apostrophe's 3,438 photos, 1,213 members
- Disderi Robot Style 3 Lenses Camera 2,653 photos, 375 members
- Faceyourpockets.com 48 photos, 49 members
- lovely blinding sun 151 photos, 50 members
- Don't Hurry and Be Happy 687 photos, 58 members
- THE IMPOSSIBLE PROJECT 138,610 photos, 9,240 members
- 'Roid Week 2010 5,262 photos, 1,614 members
- Say Chuck E Cheese! 4 photos, 2 members
- Shutter Sisters 365 161,628 photos, 2,681 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 15,131 photos, 18,653 members
- FILM SWAP 7,414 photos, 1,389 members
- Postcards: KRISTYK 30 photos, 5 members
- Split-Cam 1,401 photos, 267 members
- a day in the life of 4 November 291 photos, 301 members
- Portrait within a Portrait 267 photos, 172 members
- Shutter Sisters One Word Project 36,631 photos, 3,813 members
- Graffiti of the Gods (Cloud Porn) 1,154 photos, 155 members
"Kristy K has a unique talent for capturing value in things most of us just pass by without a thought. She also captures the true grit of living in a large and noisy family, showing life as it really is -before makeup. I treasure her photostream because it allows me to watch my grandkids living life and I am somehow a part of it all. My thanks to you for taking the time, every day, to share slices of life with us all."
March 30th, 2009
weaker vessel says:
"Kristal Armendariz, a photographer based in Las Cruces, New Mexico, likes to document the often-overlooked flashes of beauty and meaning that drift across the landscape of everyday life. The mother of seven, she’s had plenty of opportunities to hone the fine art of lining up shots with a fussy baby balanced on one hip. When she’s not counting kids or experimenting with one of her cameras, you’ll probably find her sketching out plans for the family’s next road trip.
Thanks, Kristy, for the wonderful peephole into the lives of your beautiful family, and for the loving, creative, masterful documentation of the very unique town you call home!"
January 28th, 2008
"Kristal is the mother of seven and wife of one. Her big family adventures and sense of humor are documented on her website, kristyk.org. Her love for life and ability to see the beauty in the mundane is captured in her photography collection at Flickr. Kristal inspires me to see the world as though everything is deserving of a photograph. Kristal is the blogger I would most like to meet in person."
January 26th, 2008
"Kristal's photostream is candy for the eyes and senses. Her photos are bright, vibrant and so full of life. They are a testament to her passions and it shows in every shot."
March 18th, 2007
Mattie & Den says:
leads you into her
and expertly captured
Thank you for sharing..."
March 16th, 2006
jon madison says:
"i can't even explain...i can go through dozens of shots at a time (well, because she's that prolific anyway:) because i know i'm going to get hit with something wonderful.
there's a real realness about her photos that's...just...uh...yeah. it's dope."
January 5th, 2006
"Kristal's photos are amazing. They are unique and give the viewers an incredibly beautiful peek into her very rich and love filled world. She inspires me to be more creative and to find beauty in all of the little things that surround me."
August 17th, 2005
- Kristal Armendariz
- August 2004
- Las Cruces
- New Mexico, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- kristyk.org [at] gmail.com