My name is Kristal Armendariz and I work in an office by day, go to graduate school by night and am mom/wife 24/7. Between us, my husband and I have nine kids ~ five still at home.
I use flickr as a dumping ground for all my photos. Think stream of consciousness. If you want the story behind the photos, check out my blog. If you want to see dozens of pictures a day, including all the silly things I shoot with my cameraphone you are in the right place!
Find me here: blog, twitter, facebook, gmail
- The Museum of Found Photographs 93,833 photos, 2,583 members
- dubble 793 photos, 33 members
- Half Burned 145 photos, 26 members
- One Million Acts of Kindness 56 photos, 10 members
- Educators on Flickr 1,097 photos, 90 members
- Hipstamatic D-Series (Disposable) 577 photos, 86 members
- Flickr Ideas 1 photo, 11,547 members
- I shoot paper 4,144 photos, 587 members
- Diptychs - two is better than one! 125,611 photos, 28,676 members
- Diptic App 10,091 photos, 2,842 members
- Instagram 148,599 photos, 8,352 members
- Reflected light 723 photos, 316 members
- Vanishing point videos 366 photos, 156 members
- Pork ~ the other flickr meat 7,721 photos, 913 members
- Solargraphy 3,735 photos, 846 members
- Drive By Shooting! 68,703 photos, 3,405 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,115 photos, 22,011 members
- I Voted Stickers!! 33 photos, 20 members
- New Mexico - the Land of Enchantment 8,475 photos, 285 members
- Las Cruces, New Mexico 814 photos, 76 members
- Las Cruces Flickr Group 953 photos, 54 members
- NPR Look At This 159,757 photos, 6,328 members
- Wait-Wait, don't look at me 2,687 photos, 838 members
- ~WORLD TOY CAMERA DAY~ 8,890 photos, 927 members
- 101010 - Flickr Project 5,981 photos, 1,741 members
- Flickr 10-10-10 3,830 photos, 1,521 members
- World Toy Camera Day 101010 47 photos, 51 members
- Freelensing 9,993 photos, 3,496 members
- Photojojo Browser Tab Photo Museum! 95 photos, 58 members
- Photojojo! The Book 153 photos, 256 members
- Ricoh 500G 4,128 photos, 718 members
- owl friday 493 photos, 184 members
- October 10, 2010 1,735 photos, 2,443 members
- Cloud Junkie 462,564 photos, 46,122 members
- Atrocious Apostrophe's 3,509 photos, 1,220 members
- Disderi Robot Style 3 Lenses Camera 2,713 photos, 376 members
- Faceyourpockets.com 48 photos, 49 members
- lovely blinding sun 150 photos, 48 members
- Don't Hurry and Be Happy 752 photos, 59 members
- THE IMPOSSIBLE PROJECT 145,760 photos, 9,572 members
- 'Roid Week 2010 5,215 photos, 1,605 members
- Say Chuck E Cheese! 4 photos, 2 members
- Shutter Sisters 365 162,173 photos, 2,661 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 15,003 photos, 18,456 members
- FILM SWAP 7,727 photos, 1,462 members
- Postcards: KRISTYK 30 photos, 5 members
- Split-Cam 1,417 photos, 271 members
- a day in the life of 4 November 279 photos, 296 members
- Portrait within a Portrait 266 photos, 183 members
- Shutter Sisters One Word Project 36,269 photos, 3,780 members
"Kristy K has a unique talent for capturing value in things most of us just pass by without a thought. She also captures the true grit of living in a large and noisy family, showing life as it really is -before makeup. I treasure her photostream because it allows me to watch my grandkids living life and I am somehow a part of it all. My thanks to you for taking the time, every day, to share slices of life with us all."
March 30th, 2009
weaker vessel says:
"Kristal Armendariz, a photographer based in Las Cruces, New Mexico, likes to document the often-overlooked flashes of beauty and meaning that drift across the landscape of everyday life. The mother of seven, she’s had plenty of opportunities to hone the fine art of lining up shots with a fussy baby balanced on one hip. When she’s not counting kids or experimenting with one of her cameras, you’ll probably find her sketching out plans for the family’s next road trip.
Thanks, Kristy, for the wonderful peephole into the lives of your beautiful family, and for the loving, creative, masterful documentation of the very unique town you call home!"
January 28th, 2008
"Kristal is the mother of seven and wife of one. Her big family adventures and sense of humor are documented on her website, kristyk.org. Her love for life and ability to see the beauty in the mundane is captured in her photography collection at Flickr. Kristal inspires me to see the world as though everything is deserving of a photograph. Kristal is the blogger I would most like to meet in person."
January 26th, 2008
"Kristal's photostream is candy for the eyes and senses. Her photos are bright, vibrant and so full of life. They are a testament to her passions and it shows in every shot."
March 18th, 2007
Mattie & Den says:
leads you into her
and expertly captured
Thank you for sharing..."
March 16th, 2006
jon madison says:
"i can't even explain...i can go through dozens of shots at a time (well, because she's that prolific anyway:) because i know i'm going to get hit with something wonderful.
there's a real realness about her photos that's...just...uh...yeah. it's dope."
January 5th, 2006
"Kristal's photos are amazing. They are unique and give the viewers an incredibly beautiful peek into her very rich and love filled world. She inspires me to be more creative and to find beauty in all of the little things that surround me."
August 17th, 2005
- Kristal Armendariz
- August 2004
- Las Cruces
- New Mexico, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- kristyk.org [at] gmail.com