My name is Kristal Armendariz and I work in an office by day, go to graduate school by night and am mom/wife 24/7. Between us, my husband and I have nine kids ~ five still at home.
I use flickr as a dumping ground for all my photos. Think stream of consciousness. If you want the story behind the photos, check out my blog. If you want to see dozens of pictures a day, including all the silly things I shoot with my cameraphone you are in the right place!
Find me here: blog, twitter, facebook, gmail
- dubble 153 photos, 26 members
- Half Burned 121 photos, 14 members
- One Million Acts of Kindness 55 photos, 11 members
- Educators on Flickr 1,094 photos, 83 members
- Hipstamatic D-Series (Disposable) 589 photos, 95 members
- Flickr Ideas 1 photo, 11,856 members
- I shoot paper 3,092 photos, 502 members
- Diptychs - two is better than one! 123,226 photos, 25,115 members
- Diptic App 9,808 photos, 2,955 members
- Instagram 136,895 photos, 8,220 members
- Reflected light 697 photos, 308 members
- Vanishing point videos 340 photos, 150 members
- Pork ~ the other flickr meat 7,033 photos, 893 members
- Solargraphy 2,847 photos, 679 members
- !Drive By Shooting 58,154 photos, 3,297 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,772 photos, 22,952 members
- I Voted Stickers!! 35 photos, 20 members
- New Mexico - the Land of Enchantment 5,702 photos, 217 members
- Las Cruces, New Mexico 384 photos, 51 members
- Las Cruces Flickr Group 880 photos, 49 members
- NPR Picture Show 134,963 photos, 5,969 members
- Wait-Wait, don't look at me 2,909 photos, 812 members
- ~WORLD TOY CAMERA DAY~ 8,946 photos, 897 members
- 101010 - Flickr Project 5,314 photos, 1,784 members
- Flickr 10-10-10 3,941 photos, 1,586 members
- World Toy Camera Day 101010 39 photos, 50 members
- Freelensing 8,282 photos, 3,326 members
- Photojojo Browser Tab Photo Museum! 102 photos, 59 members
- Photojojo! The Book 143 photos, 259 members
- Ricoh 500G 3,403 photos, 602 members
- owl friday 434 photos, 174 members
- October 10, 2010 1,812 photos, 2,527 members
- Cloud Junkie 304,030 photos, 28,688 members
- Atrocious Apostrophe's 3,283 photos, 1,201 members
- Disderi Robot Style 3 Lenses Camera 2,514 photos, 376 members
- Faceyourpockets.com 51 photos, 50 members
- lovely blinding sun 151 photos, 48 members
- Don't Hurry and Be Happy 618 photos, 57 members
- THE IMPOSSIBLE PROJECT 120,589 photos, 8,334 members
- 'Roid Week 2010 5,454 photos, 1,647 members
- Say Chuck E Cheese! 4 photos, 2 members
- Shutter Sisters 365 152,558 photos, 2,659 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 15,495 photos, 19,122 members
- FILM SWAP 7,156 photos, 1,305 members
- Postcards: KRISTYK 30 photos, 5 members
- Split-Cam 1,328 photos, 259 members
- a day in the life of 4 November 292 photos, 305 members
- Portrait within a Portrait 253 photos, 124 members
- Shutter Sisters One Word Project 37,662 photos, 3,922 members
- Graffiti of the Gods (Cloud Porn) 803 photos, 142 members
"Kristy K has a unique talent for capturing value in things most of us just pass by without a thought. She also captures the true grit of living in a large and noisy family, showing life as it really is -before makeup. I treasure her photostream because it allows me to watch my grandkids living life and I am somehow a part of it all. My thanks to you for taking the time, every day, to share slices of life with us all."
30th March, 2009
weaker vessel says:
"Kristal Armendariz, a photographer based in Las Cruces, New Mexico, likes to document the often-overlooked flashes of beauty and meaning that drift across the landscape of everyday life. The mother of seven, she’s had plenty of opportunities to hone the fine art of lining up shots with a fussy baby balanced on one hip. When she’s not counting kids or experimenting with one of her cameras, you’ll probably find her sketching out plans for the family’s next road trip.
Thanks, Kristy, for the wonderful peephole into the lives of your beautiful family, and for the loving, creative, masterful documentation of the very unique town you call home!"
28th January, 2008
"Kristal is the mother of seven and wife of one. Her big family adventures and sense of humor are documented on her website, kristyk.org. Her love for life and ability to see the beauty in the mundane is captured in her photography collection at Flickr. Kristal inspires me to see the world as though everything is deserving of a photograph. Kristal is the blogger I would most like to meet in person."
26th January, 2008
"Kristal's photostream is candy for the eyes and senses. Her photos are bright, vibrant and so full of life. They are a testament to her passions and it shows in every shot."
18th March, 2007
Mattie & Den says:
leads you into her
and expertly captured
Thank you for sharing..."
16th March, 2006
jon madison says:
"i can't even explain...i can go through dozens of shots at a time (well, because she's that prolific anyway:) because i know i'm going to get hit with something wonderful.
there's a real realness about her photos that's...just...uh...yeah. it's dope."
5th January, 2006
"Kristal's photos are amazing. They are unique and give the viewers an incredibly beautiful peek into her very rich and love filled world. She inspires me to be more creative and to find beauty in all of the little things that surround me."
17th August, 2005
- Kristal Armendariz
- August 2004
- Las Cruces
- New Mexico, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- kristyk.org [at] gmail.com