My name is Kristal Armendariz and I work in an office by day, go to graduate school by night and am mom/wife 24/7. Between us, my husband and I have nine kids ~ five still at home.
I use flickr as a dumping ground for all my photos. Think stream of consciousness. If you want the story behind the photos, check out my blog. If you want to see dozens of pictures a day, including all the silly things I shoot with my cameraphone you are in the right place!
Find me here: blog, twitter, facebook, gmail
- dubble 781 photos, 34 members
- Half Burned 130 photos, 15 members
- One Million Acts of Kindness 55 photos, 11 members
- Educators on Flickr 1,099 photos, 86 members
- Hipstamatic D-Series (Disposable) 582 photos, 91 members
- Flickr Ideas 1 photo, 11,726 members
- I shoot paper 3,478 photos, 540 members
- Diptychs - two is better than one! 124,126 photos, 26,288 members
- Diptic App 9,969 photos, 2,915 members
- Instagram 143,885 photos, 8,289 members
- Reflected light 720 photos, 307 members
- Vanishing point videos 360 photos, 156 members
- Pork ~ the other flickr meat 7,357 photos, 900 members
- Solargraphy 3,208 photos, 754 members
- !Drive By Shooting 64,297 photos, 3,365 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,456 photos, 22,457 members
- I Voted Stickers!! 36 photos, 20 members
- New Mexico - the Land of Enchantment 6,675 photos, 238 members
- Las Cruces, New Mexico 551 photos, 65 members
- Las Cruces Flickr Group 981 photos, 54 members
- NPR Look At This 149,689 photos, 6,159 members
- Wait-Wait, don't look at me 2,855 photos, 824 members
- ~WORLD TOY CAMERA DAY~ 8,914 photos, 903 members
- 101010 - Flickr Project 5,465 photos, 1,764 members
- Flickr 10-10-10 3,910 photos, 1,558 members
- World Toy Camera Day 101010 45 photos, 51 members
- Freelensing 9,471 photos, 3,602 members
- Photojojo Browser Tab Photo Museum! 96 photos, 59 members
- Photojojo! The Book 149 photos, 260 members
- Ricoh 500G 3,681 photos, 662 members
- owl friday 437 photos, 176 members
- October 10, 2010 1,774 photos, 2,490 members
- Cloud Junkie 351,936 photos, 34,518 members
- Atrocious Apostrophe's 3,408 photos, 1,209 members
- Disderi Robot Style 3 Lenses Camera 2,635 photos, 376 members
- Faceyourpockets.com 48 photos, 49 members
- lovely blinding sun 151 photos, 50 members
- Don't Hurry and Be Happy 659 photos, 57 members
- THE IMPOSSIBLE PROJECT 132,715 photos, 8,930 members
- 'Roid Week 2010 5,287 photos, 1,622 members
- Say Chuck E Cheese! 4 photos, 2 members
- Shutter Sisters 365 157,885 photos, 2,680 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 15,246 photos, 18,827 members
- FILM SWAP 7,319 photos, 1,367 members
- Postcards: KRISTYK 30 photos, 5 members
- Split-Cam 1,373 photos, 263 members
- a day in the life of 4 November 293 photos, 301 members
- Portrait within a Portrait 263 photos, 159 members
- Shutter Sisters One Word Project 36,757 photos, 3,842 members
- Graffiti of the Gods (Cloud Porn) 1,023 photos, 146 members
"Kristy K has a unique talent for capturing value in things most of us just pass by without a thought. She also captures the true grit of living in a large and noisy family, showing life as it really is -before makeup. I treasure her photostream because it allows me to watch my grandkids living life and I am somehow a part of it all. My thanks to you for taking the time, every day, to share slices of life with us all."
March 30th, 2009
weaker vessel says:
"Kristal Armendariz, a photographer based in Las Cruces, New Mexico, likes to document the often-overlooked flashes of beauty and meaning that drift across the landscape of everyday life. The mother of seven, she’s had plenty of opportunities to hone the fine art of lining up shots with a fussy baby balanced on one hip. When she’s not counting kids or experimenting with one of her cameras, you’ll probably find her sketching out plans for the family’s next road trip.
Thanks, Kristy, for the wonderful peephole into the lives of your beautiful family, and for the loving, creative, masterful documentation of the very unique town you call home!"
January 28th, 2008
"Kristal is the mother of seven and wife of one. Her big family adventures and sense of humor are documented on her website, kristyk.org. Her love for life and ability to see the beauty in the mundane is captured in her photography collection at Flickr. Kristal inspires me to see the world as though everything is deserving of a photograph. Kristal is the blogger I would most like to meet in person."
January 26th, 2008
"Kristal's photostream is candy for the eyes and senses. Her photos are bright, vibrant and so full of life. They are a testament to her passions and it shows in every shot."
March 18th, 2007
Mattie & Den says:
leads you into her
and expertly captured
Thank you for sharing..."
March 16th, 2006
jon madison says:
"i can't even explain...i can go through dozens of shots at a time (well, because she's that prolific anyway:) because i know i'm going to get hit with something wonderful.
there's a real realness about her photos that's...just...uh...yeah. it's dope."
January 5th, 2006
"Kristal's photos are amazing. They are unique and give the viewers an incredibly beautiful peek into her very rich and love filled world. She inspires me to be more creative and to find beauty in all of the little things that surround me."
August 17th, 2005
- Kristal Armendariz
- August 2004
- Las Cruces
- New Mexico, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- kristyk.org [at] gmail.com