I was born and brought up in Iran, a beautiful country that is full of history. I started taking photos at an early age of my life with a Lubitel, a Russian twin lenses camera. Most of my photos in those days were black and white. It was a very nice camera that my parents gave me when I was 15 years old.
I always loved to see images. I remember that I would spend time in the library for hours and hours looking at the different photos in Life Magazine, National Geographic and other photographic journals and books. Also I always loved nature, and the different patterns made in it. I remember because of my Entomology studies, I would spend hours in the laboratory looking into microscopes at those beautiful and perfect structures that God created in those different tiny flowers, plants, tiny nematods, animals and insects. Then after I finished university in Iran, I left to do on my M.Sc. in California, the Golden State. There I was witness to even more of the beauties that nature held in each different moments of time. I remember I was always walking and trying to absorb all the scenes in my mind and memory as well as recording them on film. I forgot to say that I received another precious gift from my parents. That was a Canon camera with a fixed lens (G-III QL17). Then after I finished my studies, I returned to Iran for work. I consider myself an artist photographer.
At present I have a lovely Minolta Dynax 7, Mamiya 7 II with few lenses. I still love and adore nature and all aspects of it. As a result I love macro photography, landscape, architecture (old and new), and many other categories like artistic abstracts, travel, portrait, people, fashion, and photo journalism. Recently I became fond of EPA.
In February 2008, I was delighted to be one of the Amateur UK Photographers short-listed in the Sony World Photography Competition Cannes 2008.
In March 2009, I was conferred the title of Nominee in Abstract by the Photography Masters Cup International Color Awards in America. In February 2010, I received news that my image is published in the premier issue of The Photo Paper magazine launched by World Photographic Arts (Master Cup Nominee in Abstract).
I have a vast numbers of printed photos, slides and thousands of negatives which all are archived in many folders.
I love to share my observations through my photos with those people who love and appreciate.
Photos that made Explore, however briefly
Every minute, 5000 or more images are uploaded to flickr. That's about 7 million photos a day. The engineers at flickr have a process that chooses 500 images for any given day, to be included in something called "Explore". About .007% of the total images for the day make the cut. The link above represents work I have produced that at one point or another was deemed worthy enough to make, "Explore." Sorry for the grievous self promotion. I am ashamed … :)
kombizz's Flickr DNA
Scan QR Code
All of the pictures are © copyright by kombizz kashani "All rights are reserved" worldwide. Please do not use them without permission.
Please do not use, copy or edit any of my photographs. However please feel free to contact with me if you are interested in using any of my images.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- Photographer Salary)) 2,355 photos, 533 members
- Tehran / تهران 4,161 photos, 1,014 members
- visit the world - the travel guide 3,514,878 photos, 87,580 members
- Flickr Travel & Eco_photos 160,513 photos, 4,098 members
- CHURCHES & HOUSES OF WORSHIP 206,271 photos, 12,290 members
- » Islamic Heritage « 418 photos, 66 members
- WORLD TRAVEL : Your traveling experience (50 photos@day) 216,102 photos, 3,306 members
- Religions 11,918 photos, 904 members
- Flickr Addicts 9,304,261 photos, 123,123 members
- Beautiful Capture 4,696,481 photos, 114,260 members
- Amateur Photographer Magazine 514,041 photos, 10,051 members
- iClick! 198,921 photos, 2,801 members
- MEN POOL of the world 14,320 photos, 1,516 members
- Red Rule 638,924 photos, 56,559 members
- Blue is my favorite color 127,053 photos, 5,969 members
- BLUE BLUE BLUE 173,864 photos, 8,921 members
- Parks, Arboretums, Botanical Gardens 177,199 photos, 6,578 members
- Urban Abstracts 180,792 photos, 8,144 members
- **The Most Interesting People (portraits)** 129,503 photos, 3,711 members
- United Kingdom 148,819 photos, 1,319 members
- LONDON CALLING - no big ben please. 117,355 photos, 2,779 members
- Swiss Photographers 74,560 photos, 1,855 members
- 中途半端な写真好き☆ 211,615 photos, 2,179 members
- * Taiwan Flickr * Favorite Club 72,126 photos, 3,352 members
- 恋爱写真 | Love Foto 60,984 photos, 1,880 members
- Diagonal Love Affair 24,537 photos, 1,646 members
- Silhouettes & Shadows 123,050 photos, 7,584 members
- Photos of Photographers Taking Photos 2,288 photos, 289 members
- flickr (unofficial) 5,209,635 photos, 109,853 members
- Wisconsin 112,272 photos, 3,360 members
- ROUGE. 29,869 photos, 2,183 members
- Young... photographers 202,396 photos, 7,282 members
- Young Photographers Magazine 55,382 photos, 1,680 members
- show me the art 72,680 photos, 1,928 members
- pavement 82,715 photos, 21,914 members
- Traveler's Photos 278,186 photos, 4,608 members
- Columns and Columns 16,540 photos, 1,175 members
- shadows 211,574 photos, 21,446 members
- ₪ ZEN`sational World ₪ Please Award 2 Photos! 375,866 photos, 11,312 members
- Yellow Mania 9,788 photos, 937 members
- peace, love and YELLOW 23,356 photos, 2,789 members
- fotografíabd 59,136 photos, 2,209 members
- SLR Adventure: Amateur / Semi pro / Professional / Photography 19,814 photos, 979 members
- **AMERICA, AMERICA! ~ Add 1 / Comment 1 191,813 photos, 5,347 members
- haphazart! Abstractions 112,014 photos, 3,838 members
- artland 1,079,672 photos, 41,659 members
- !!Perfect Composition!! 1,032,437 photos, 22,395 members
- iPhone Freaks 322,173 photos, 9,437 members
- IPhone Photography Awards 29,897 photos, 679 members
- iPhoneographers 53,798 photos, 912 members
Kombizz doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Kombizz Kashani
- November 2004
- Mother Earth
- I am:
- Artist Photographer
- Kombizz's Observations