I was born and brought up in Iran, a beautiful country that is full of history. I started taking photos at an early age of my life with a Lubitel, a Russian twin lenses camera. Most of my photos in those days were black and white. It was a very nice camera that my parents gave me when I was 15 years old.
I always loved to see images. I remember that I would spend time in the library for hours and hours looking at the different photos in Life Magazine, National Geographic and other photographic journals and books. Also I always loved nature, and the different patterns made in it. I remember because of my Entomology studies, I would spend hours in the laboratory looking into microscopes at those beautiful and perfect structures that God created in those different tiny flowers, plants, tiny nematods, animals and insects. Then after I finished university in Iran, I left to do on my M.Sc. in California, the Golden State. There I was witness to even more of the beauties that nature held in each different moments of time. I remember I was always walking and trying to absorb all the scenes in my mind and memory as well as recording them on film. I forgot to say that I received another precious gift from my parents. That was a Canon camera with a fixed lens (G-III QL17). Then after I finished my studies, I returned to Iran for work. I consider myself an artist photographer.
At present I have a lovely Minolta Dynax 7, Mamiya 7 II with few lenses. I still love and adore nature and all aspects of it. As a result I love macro photography, landscape, architecture (old and new), and many other categories like artistic abstracts, travel, portrait, people, fashion, and photo journalism. Recently I became fond of EPA.
In February 2008, I was delighted to be one of the Amateur UK Photographers short-listed in the Sony World Photography Competition Cannes 2008.
In March 2009, I was conferred the title of Nominee in Abstract by the Photography Masters Cup International Color Awards in America. In February 2010, I received news that my image is published in the premier issue of The Photo Paper magazine launched by World Photographic Arts (Master Cup Nominee in Abstract).
I have a vast numbers of printed photos, slides and thousands of negatives which all are archived in many folders.
I love to share my observations through my photos with those people who love and appreciate.
Photos that made Explore, however briefly
Every minute, 5000 or more images are uploaded to flickr. That's about 7 million photos a day. The engineers at flickr have a process that chooses 500 images for any given day, to be included in something called "Explore". About .007% of the total images for the day make the cut. The link above represents work I have produced that at one point or another was deemed worthy enough to make, "Explore." Sorry for the grievous self promotion. I am ashamed … :)
kombizz's Flickr DNA
Scan QR Code
All of the pictures are © copyright by kombizz kashani "All rights are reserved" worldwide. Please do not use them without permission.
Please do not use, copy or edit any of my photographs. However please feel free to contact with me if you are interested in using any of my images.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- Textures 146,106 photos, 8,768 members
- Bangladesh Photographic Society 52,664 photos, 2,305 members
- Bangladesh Creative (curated) 4,717 photos, 719 members
- colors, colori, couleurs, kleuren, цветa, farger, цвето 88,536 photos, 2,044 members
- ******W a s s e r ====== Lebenselixier****** 32,962 photos, 677 members
- Water, water, water 388,512 photos, 17,416 members
- **** knackig bunt *** 97,227 photos, 701 members
- Wow! : ) 131,315 photos, 4,163 members
- FlickrCentral 9,433,573 photos, 256,767 members
- Utah 73,066 photos, 3,869 members
- Utah Photographers 51,154 photos, 917 members
- ` FLICKR ´ 1,052,505 photos, 17,743 members
- *ARTISTIC* Photosworld* 60,198 photos, 1,641 members
- Artistic Photography 3,990,411 photos, 119,286 members
- ! Excellent !!! 28,111 photos, 1,093 members
- *****Conceptual Photography***** 122,478 photos, 8,100 members
- *Flickr's BEST* - SERIOUS Photographers - Post 1/Comment 3 264,466 photos, 7,450 members
- ***FOTOGRAFIA EMOCION ♥ EMOTIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY*** 180,022 photos, 2,468 members
- pict*re mag 35,071 photos, 2,160 members
- * * Nossas Vidas / Nosso Mundo * Our Life / Our World * * 183,183 photos, 3,530 members
- Skyline Junkies 28,459 photos, 2,358 members
- Trees 344,266 photos, 21,864 members
- Árvores / Trees 29,261 photos, 1,871 members
- la casa di Nadia & Valerio 80,645 photos, 1,428 members
- Monde de la photo *niveau 2* (P1-A3) 30,294 photos, 2,351 members
- Aerials 41,168 photos, 3,547 members
- Flickr Photographer 380,467 photos, 7,209 members
- IPhone in your hands! 35,037 photos, 3,025 members
- iPhoneography 424,058 photos, 13,113 members
- ! LO MEJOR DE MI... ARTE Y CREACIÓN ARTÍSTICA !. 149,528 photos, 3,075 members
- Fotolog to Flickr 12,698 photos, 325 members
- From You to Us 28,712 photos, 776 members
- Fuel Your Photography 17,394 photos, 735 members
- GUINNESS WORLD RECORD: The largest group in the world. 35,648 photos, 2,629 members
- Shop Fronts 32,523 photos, 2,773 members
- A symmetry A 8,823 photos, 728 members
- Urban photos 24,209 photos, 745 members
- Anti Gravity 18,286 photos, 1,417 members
- Travel photos by tips4travels 29,652 photos, 837 members
- ±100 AШΑRĐZ for the «5000+» ♥Best♥ Photogs on Flickr!! 198,286 photos, 5,524 members
- United states of america USA 20,282 photos, 565 members
- Landscapes with an unlimited beauty 35,021 photos, 1,657 members
- Anything fantastic - 1 pic / day 189,632 photos, 5,553 members
- ** ALL MOUNTAINS 45,327 photos, 3,198 members
- Geometrie, Geometry 80,867 photos, 4,693 members
- Chicago Reader 206,263 photos, 4,361 members
- Photographic Possibilities 40,645 photos, 1,783 members
- Eastern Europe 125,913 photos, 2,055 members
- MOSCOW / МОСКВА 49,127 photos, 4,542 members
- Russia 130,332 photos, 5,273 members
Kombizz doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Kombizz Kashani
- November 2004
- Mother Earth
- I am:
- Artist Photographer
- Kombizz's Observations