I was born and brought up in Iran, a beautiful country that is full of history. I started taking photos at an early age of my life with a Lubitel, a Russian twin lenses camera. Most of my photos in those days were black and white. It was a very nice camera that my parents gave me when I was 15 years old.
I always loved to see images. I remember that I would spend time in the library for hours and hours looking at the different photos in Life Magazine, National Geographic and other photographic journals and books. Also I always loved nature, and the different patterns made in it. I remember because of my Entomology studies, I would spend hours in the laboratory looking into microscopes at those beautiful and perfect structures that God created in those different tiny flowers, plants, tiny nematods, animals and insects. Then after I finished university in Iran, I left to do on my M.Sc. in California, the Golden State. There I was witness to even more of the beauties that nature held in each different moments of time. I remember I was always walking and trying to absorb all the scenes in my mind and memory as well as recording them on film. I forgot to say that I received another precious gift from my parents. That was a Canon camera with a fixed lens (G-III QL17). Then after I finished my studies, I returned to Iran for work. I consider myself an artist photographer.
At present I have a lovely Minolta Dynax 7, Mamiya 7 II with few lenses. I still love and adore nature and all aspects of it. As a result I love macro photography, landscape, architecture (old and new), and many other categories like artistic abstracts, travel, portrait, people, fashion, and photo journalism. Recently I became fond of EPA.
In February 2008, I was delighted to be one of the Amateur UK Photographers short-listed in the Sony World Photography Competition Cannes 2008.
In March 2009, I was conferred the title of Nominee in Abstract by the Photography Masters Cup International Color Awards in America. In February 2010, I received news that my image is published in the premier issue of The Photo Paper magazine launched by World Photographic Arts (Master Cup Nominee in Abstract).
I have a vast numbers of printed photos, slides and thousands of negatives which all are archived in many folders.
I love to share my observations through my photos with those people who love and appreciate.
Photos that made Explore, however briefly
Every minute, 5000 or more images are uploaded to flickr. That's about 7 million photos a day. The engineers at flickr have a process that chooses 500 images for any given day, to be included in something called "Explore". About .007% of the total images for the day make the cut. The link above represents work I have produced that at one point or another was deemed worthy enough to make, "Explore." Sorry for the grievous self promotion. I am ashamed … :)
kombizz's Flickr DNA
Scan QR Code
All of the pictures are © copyright by kombizz kashani "All rights are reserved" worldwide. Please do not use them without permission.
Please do not use, copy or edit any of my photographs. However please feel free to contact with me if you are interested in using any of my images.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- visit the world - the travel guide 3,400,218 photos, 86,059 members
- Flickr Travel & Eco_photos 151,346 photos, 4,027 members
- CHURCHES & HOUSES OF WORSHIP 202,677 photos, 12,179 members
- » Islamic Heritage « 390 photos, 64 members
- WORLD TRAVEL : Your traveling experience (50 photos@day) 202,347 photos, 3,195 members
- Religions 11,425 photos, 887 members
- Fraction Magazine 25,884 photos, 2,930 members
- Flickr Addicts 8,927,334 photos, 119,534 members
- Beautiful Capture 4,523,306 photos, 112,220 members
- Amateur Photographer Magazine 447,152 photos, 8,780 members
- iClick! 174,076 photos, 2,718 members
- MEN POOL of the world 15,201 photos, 1,489 members
- Again and Again and Again - Post 1, Award 2 6,120 photos, 510 members
- Red Rule 634,902 photos, 56,056 members
- Blue is my favorite color 124,357 photos, 5,909 members
- BLUE BLUE BLUE 172,047 photos, 8,889 members
- Parks, Arboretums, Botanical Gardens 173,425 photos, 6,503 members
- Urban Abstracts 177,392 photos, 8,053 members
- **The Most Interesting People (portraits)** 124,732 photos, 3,646 members
- United Kingdom 142,490 photos, 1,271 members
- LONDON CALLING - no big ben please. 114,149 photos, 2,764 members
- Swiss Photographers 71,543 photos, 1,835 members
- 中途半端な写真好き☆ 205,349 photos, 2,142 members
- * Taiwan Flickr * Favorite Club 69,124 photos, 3,269 members
- 恋爱写真 | Love Foto 58,275 photos, 1,868 members
- Diagonal Love Affair 24,587 photos, 1,647 members
- Silhouettes & Shadows 119,894 photos, 7,505 members
- Photos of Photographers Taking Photos 2,233 photos, 290 members
- flickr (unofficial) 4,960,428 photos, 107,660 members
- Wisconsin 110,763 photos, 3,339 members
- Group for all users of FLICKR 230,793 photos, 6,247 members
- ROUGE. 29,646 photos, 2,175 members
- Young... photographers 199,689 photos, 7,263 members
- Young Photographers Magazine 51,248 photos, 1,590 members
- show me the art 69,235 photos, 1,885 members
- pavement 81,171 photos, 21,761 members
- Traveler's Photos 261,177 photos, 4,431 members
- Columns and Columns 16,039 photos, 1,166 members
- shadows 207,799 photos, 21,334 members
- ₪ ZEN`sational World ₪ Please Award 2 Photos! 371,641 photos, 11,331 members
- Yellow Mania 9,463 photos, 923 members
- peace, love and YELLOW 23,195 photos, 2,788 members
- fotografíabd 51,571 photos, 2,191 members
- SLR Adventure: Amateur / Semi pro / Professional / Photography 18,738 photos, 975 members
- **AMERICA, AMERICA! ~ Add 1 / Comment 1 191,644 photos, 5,356 members
- haphazart! Abstractions 110,882 photos, 3,806 members
- artland 1,041,855 photos, 41,024 members
- !!Perfect Composition!! 980,998 photos, 21,241 members
- iPhone Freaks 317,296 photos, 9,290 members
- IPhone Photography Awards 29,207 photos, 678 members
Kombizz doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Kombizz Kashani
- November 2004
- Mother Earth
- I am:
- Artist Photographer
- Kombizz's Observations