I was born and brought up in Iran, a beautiful country that is full of history. I started taking photos at an early age of my life with a Lubitel, a Russian twin lenses camera. Most of my photos in those days were black and white. It was a very nice camera that my parents gave me when I was 15 years old.
I always loved to see images. I remember that I would spend time in the library for hours and hours looking at the different photos in Life Magazine, National Geographic and other photographic journals and books. Also I always loved nature, and the different patterns made in it. I remember because of my Entomology studies, I would spend hours in the laboratory looking into microscopes at those beautiful and perfect structures that God created in those different tiny flowers, plants, tiny nematods, animals and insects. Then after I finished university in Iran, I left to do on my M.Sc. in California, the Golden State. There I was witness to even more of the beauties that nature held in each different moments of time. I remember I was always walking and trying to absorb all the scenes in my mind and memory as well as recording them on film. I forgot to say that I received another precious gift from my parents. That was a Canon camera with a fixed lens (G-III QL17). Then after I finished my studies, I returned to Iran for work. I consider myself an artist photographer.
At present I have a lovely Minolta Dynax 7, Mamiya 7 II with few lenses. I still love and adore nature and all aspects of it. As a result I love macro photography, landscape, architecture (old and new), and many other categories like artistic abstracts, travel, portrait, people, fashion, and photo journalism. Recently I became fond of EPA.
In February 2008, I was delighted to be one of the Amateur UK Photographers short-listed in the Sony World Photography Competition Cannes 2008.
In March 2009, I was conferred the title of Nominee in Abstract by the Photography Masters Cup International Color Awards in America. In February 2010, I received news that my image is published in the premier issue of The Photo Paper magazine launched by World Photographic Arts (Master Cup Nominee in Abstract).
I have a vast numbers of printed photos, slides and thousands of negatives which all are archived in many folders.
I love to share my observations through my photos with those people who love and appreciate.
Photos that made Explore, however briefly
Every minute, 5000 or more images are uploaded to flickr. That's about 7 million photos a day. The engineers at flickr have a process that chooses 500 images for any given day, to be included in something called "Explore". About .007% of the total images for the day make the cut. The link above represents work I have produced that at one point or another was deemed worthy enough to make, "Explore." Sorry for the grievous self promotion. I am ashamed … :)
kombizz's Flickr DNA
Scan QR Code
All of the pictures are © copyright by kombizz kashani "All rights are reserved" worldwide. Please do not use them without permission.
Please do not use, copy or edit any of my photographs. However please feel free to contact with me if you are interested in using any of my images.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- Rain 44,115 photos, 9,819 members
- Rain in the city... and in the country 28,521 photos, 5,848 members
- Again and Again and Again - Post 1, Award 2 4,897 photos, 426 members
- Red Rule 631,634 photos, 55,846 members
- Superportraits 46,758 photos, 2,916 members
- Magic of photography 374,691 photos, 8,446 members
- Abstract_ photo (post 1 / com 2) 50,054 photos, 2,296 members
- Blue is my favorite color 122,714 photos, 5,880 members
- BLUE BLUE BLUE 170,959 photos, 8,870 members
- Parks, Arboretums, Botanical Gardens 171,171 photos, 6,456 members
- WALLS Only WALLS ! 29,619 photos, 6,583 members
- Urban Abstracts 175,506 photos, 7,994 members
- **The Most Interesting People (portraits)** 122,889 photos, 3,613 members
- SOMETHING DIFFERENT (post 1, comment 1) 34,378 photos, 1,840 members
- United Kingdom 138,479 photos, 1,247 members
- Londoners Street Photography 11,745 photos, 1,582 members
- LONDON CALLING - no big ben please. 112,468 photos, 2,753 members
- Swiss Photographers 69,873 photos, 1,809 members
- 中途半端な写真好き☆ 204,160 photos, 2,118 members
- * Taiwan Flickr * Favorite Club 67,663 photos, 3,227 members
- 恋爱写真 | Love Foto 56,845 photos, 1,867 members
- Diagonal Love Affair 24,519 photos, 1,648 members
- Silhouettes & Shadows 118,240 photos, 7,472 members
- More Than Portraits 19,308 photos, 1,357 members
- Photos of Photographers Taking Photos 2,226 photos, 291 members
- flickr (unofficial) 4,827,224 photos, 106,627 members
- Wisconsin 109,948 photos, 3,327 members
- Group for all users of FLICKR 145,898 photos, 5,369 members
- ROUGE. 29,544 photos, 2,170 members
- A.C.M C. . 27,781 photos, 3,056 members
- Young... photographers 198,203 photos, 7,256 members
- Young Photographers Magazine 48,730 photos, 1,542 members
- show me the art 67,868 photos, 1,867 members
- Flickr's Best Faces 4,826 photos, 2,430 members
- Green Eden - GREEN must be DOMINANT color, please! 52,893 photos, 4,078 members
- pavement 80,386 photos, 21,706 members
- Traveler's Photos 252,818 photos, 4,337 members
- Street Photography 754,840 photos, 29,798 members
- Columns and Columns 15,870 photos, 1,161 members
- shadows 206,320 photos, 21,283 members
- ₪ ZEN`sational World ₪ Please Award 2 Photos! 369,062 photos, 11,330 members
- Yellow Mania 9,285 photos, 920 members
- peace, love and YELLOW 23,087 photos, 2,787 members
- fotografíabd 47,037 photos, 2,170 members
- SLR Adventure: Amateur / Semi pro / Professional / Photography 18,074 photos, 974 members
- **AMERICA, AMERICA! ~ Add 1 / Comment 1 190,737 photos, 5,345 members
- haphazart! Abstractions 110,045 photos, 3,797 members
- artland 1,022,617 photos, 40,740 members
- !!Perfect Composition!! 954,407 photos, 20,831 members
- iPhone Freaks 314,899 photos, 9,218 members
Kombizz doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Kombizz Kashani
- November 2004
- Mother Earth
- I am:
- Artist Photographer
- Kombizz's Observations