I was born and brought up in Iran, a beautiful country that is full of history. I started taking photos at an early age of my life with a Lubitel, a Russian twin lenses camera. Most of my photos in those days were black and white. It was a very nice camera that my parents gave me when I was 15 years old.
I always loved to see images. I remember that I would spend time in the library for hours and hours looking at the different photos in Life Magazine, National Geographic and other photographic journals and books. Also I always loved nature, and the different patterns made in it. I remember because of my Entomology studies, I would spend hours in the laboratory looking into microscopes at those beautiful and perfect structures that God created in those different tiny flowers, plants, tiny nematods, animals and insects. Then after I finished university in Iran, I left to do on my M.Sc. in California, the Golden State. There I was witness to even more of the beauties that nature held in each different moments of time. I remember I was always walking and trying to absorb all the scenes in my mind and memory as well as recording them on film. I forgot to say that I received another precious gift from my parents. That was a Canon camera with a fixed lense (G-III QL17). Then after I finished my studies, I returned to Iran for work. I consider myself an artist photographer.
At present I have a lovely Minolta Dynax 7, Mamiya 7 II with few lenses. I still love and adore nature and all aspects of it. As a result I love macro photography, landscape, architecture (old and new), and many other categories like artistic abstracts, travel, people, fashion, and photo journalism.
In February 2008, I was delighted to be one of the Amateur UK Photographers short-listed in the Sony World Photography Competition Cannes 2008.
In March 2009, I was conferred the title of Nominee in Abstract by the Photography Masters Cup International Color Awards in America. In February 2010, I received news that my image is published in the premier issue of The Photo Paper magazine launched by World Photographic Arts (Master Cup Nominee in Abstract).
I have a vast numbers of printed photos, slides and thousands of negatives which all are archived in many folders.
I love to share my observations through my photos with those people who love and appreciate.
Photos that made Explore, however briefly
Every minute, 5000 or more images are uploaded to flickr. That's about 7 million photos a day. The engineers at flickr have a process that chooses 500 images for any given day, to be included in something called "Explore". About .007% of the total images for the day make the cut. The link above represents work I have produced that at one point or another was deemed worthy enough to make, "Explore." Sorry for the grievous self promotion. I am ashamed … :)
kombizz's Flickr DNA
Scan QR Code
All of the pictures are © copyright by kombizz kashani "All rights are reserved" worldwide. Please do not use them without permission.
Please do not use, copy or edit any of my photographs. However please feel free to contact with me if you are interested in using any of my images.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- Surrealist pictures 67,343 photos, 3,776 members
- Street Photography & Candid Street Portrait (The Very Best) 11,191 photos, 6,721 members
- HUMANS BEING 42,846 photos, 961 members
- Candid Corporation HQ 10,017 photos, 2,676 members
- Faces and portraits ( Only street shots) 6,496 photos, 427 members
- Cover of a Magazine 9,692 photos, 1,316 members
- MODERNISM 31,839 photos, 2,446 members
- T-Shirts 18,520 photos, 5,049 members
- *Travelling around the World ~ (Clearly state which town/ countr 28,698 photos, 1,141 members
- Level:Travel 15,932 photos, 2,486 members
- 1-2-3 architecture 25,849 photos, 1,788 members
- ROAD of the WORLD 12,003 photos, 914 members
- gREEN cLOTHES 17,416 photos, 1,095 members
- Strobist.com 608,007 photos, 123,268 members
- Salidas y puestas de Sol ( Sunrises and sunsets) 31,092 photos, 3,400 members
- a b s t r a X i o n 1,555 photos, 98 members
- Flickerites-NO PEOPLE PLEASE 232,143 photos, 7,259 members
- Beautiful girls and legs 5,242 photos, 722 members
- Women in Shorts 3,884 photos, 1,290 members
- ..food and drink 🍝☕🍷 2,459 photos, 565 members
- the good eye 5,341 photos, 129 members
- Bare Minimum (P1 = C2) 36,005 photos, 1,487 members
- Ambient Light 45,146 photos, 1,064 members
- ...a glitch in the system. An abstract view of daily life. 25,450 photos, 622 members
- ::Illumination + Obscurity:: [In The Shadow] 31,650 photos, 1,179 members
- A Benign Eye 17,566 photos, 211 members
- Histoires d'Ô 5,703 photos, 419 members
- Less 9,250 photos, 427 members
- Art of fragments 13,828 photos, 301 members
- Steps 'n' Stairs **NO PEOPLE** 19,050 photos, 4,543 members
- Escaleras/Stairs 55,550 photos, 8,214 members
- PURE color and shape 12,698 photos, 1,057 members
- *¨*•.¸A colorful life - VIVID COLORS ONLY - P1/C2 23,014 photos, 1,281 members
- ---- Red Mania ---- 3,355 photos, 428 members
- ㋡ LUDI FOTO LOCO ⍨ PHOTO CRAZY PHOTO ㋡ 15,058 photos, 810 members
- Red and Blue/Comment on 2 24,116 photos, 3,033 members
- Pattern 8,662 photos, 646 members
- Patterns 18,177 photos, 1,528 members
- Patterns and Designs 90,144 photos, 6,791 members
- *please repeat: we ♥ patterns :-) 11,250 photos, 1,476 members
- REPEATING PATTERNS 13,694 photos, 912 members
- curvy 14,772 photos, 1,049 members
- Patterns As We See Them 5,581 photos, 502 members
- Algorithmic Abstracts 5,151 photos, 453 members
- Abstract Art 21,512 photos, 672 members
- (Digital) Paint Creations 54,808 photos, 1,563 members
- : abstract AND minimal : 36,588 photos, 1,538 members
- Folk Art 35,132 photos, 2,385 members
- Drawing: We do it everyday 182,948 photos, 6,414 members
- Jumble Doodles 591 photos, 39 members
Kombizz doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Kombizz Kashani
- November 2004
- Mother Earth
- I am:
- Artist Photographer
- Kombizz's Observations