Hi, after 36 years of hectic life in the Government, finally I have time for my hobbies! I am into birdwatching, history, photography, travel, reading, music, food, art and astrology! Revisited my old hobby of photography in 2005 with the purchase of my first DSLR, a Nikon D70. Joined Flickr around the same time and I am now hopelessly addicted to it. I have made many friends from the world over, enjoyed learning from all those wonderful photos, joined many groups which have taught me so much about photography and shared views and ideas with so many wonderful people! thank you Flickr!
My current equipment:
Panasonic Lumix MZ20 (Retired)
Nikon D70 (Gave away)
Nikon D300 (Gave away)
Nikon 18-70 f/3.5 - 4.5 AF S (Gave Away)
Nikon AFS 16-35 f/4 VR
Nikon AFS 24-120 f/4 VR
Nikon 70-300 f/4.5 - 5.6 AF-S VR (Gave away)
Nikon AF-S 80-400 f/4.5-5.6 ED VR
Nikon AFS 500 f/4
Sigma 10-20 f/4 - 5.6 DX
Sigma 105 f/2.8 EX Macro
Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 (Sold)
Nikon SB 600 Speedlight
Nikon SB900 Speedlight
create your own visited countries map
or vertaling Duits Nederlands
- Nikon D500 User's Group 25,503 photos, 1,586 members
- D500 Club 18,984 photos, 1,219 members
- Nikon Digital SLRs 633,963 photos, 8,513 members
- ★★ Nikon D800 - Nikon D800E - Images 192,311 photos, 4,307 members
- Field Guide To Uttarakhand Birds 37 photos, 7 members
- The Sunshine Group (by invitaton) post 1/award 2 40,373 photos, 2,059 members
- Colors Of The Heart! *Invited Images Only*! 103,626 photos, 8,762 members
- World of Birds 200,956 photos, 3,442 members
- Royal Group - Have a Good Light ! 880,134 photos, 30,979 members
- Best 25000 Free Pictures 25,250 photos, 1,400 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 283,415 photos, 41,843 members
- Old Masters (photos inpired by painting and painters) 1,336 photos, 441 members
- Himalayas 39,611 photos, 2,171 members
- Randonnées du monde entier 5,965 photos, 221 members
- Tiger Conservation 2,243 photos, 375 members
- BIRDS BIRDS only Birds - Post 1/ A 3 Admin Moderated 54,142 photos, 4,062 members
- Around the Earth / Rund um die Erde 30,108 photos, 839 members
- Everything food 447 photos, 305 members
- ! ART & PHOTOGRAPHY ! No rules, No comments, Just Post 1,180,866 photos, 20,749 members
- INDO INDIAN RELICS 10,940 photos, 889 members
- Birdshare 514,352 photos, 8,197 members
- visit the world - the travel guide 3,514,636 photos, 87,577 members
- MONUMENT 48,917 photos, 2,407 members
- Born for fly level 2 green - P1/C4 (sweeper active) 6,780 photos, 974 members
- Born for fly level 3 blue - P1/C4 (sweeper active) 4,362 photos, 730 members
- Unique Nature (P1/A2) ~ Invitation Only! 14,898 photos, 1,852 members
- Motor - Bikes 23,052 photos, 1,015 members
- MOTORCYCLE PICTURES バイク 35,365 photos, 610 members
- Wild Bird Photography 204,171 photos, 2,560 members
- ***[Art with passion] P1-C2 respect the Group Guidelines! 83,034 photos, 2,974 members
- NATURE'S SPIRIT (by invitation) (award 2) 30,856 photos, 1,822 members
- ANIMAL MAGIC. 52,662 photos, 827 members
- VILLAGES 3 24,480 photos, 843 members
- Rapaces del mundo 16,171 photos, 772 members
- MOUNTAIN 107,910 photos, 10,278 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 99,546 photos, 4,680 members
- WATCH INDIA WIDE 51 photos, 35 members
- Girls Girls Girls from around the World 168,101 photos, 6,899 members
- The Best Of Ships And Boats 81,392 photos, 2,186 members
- Nikon D4 Professionals 45,681 photos, 1,374 members
- Nikon D4S - Official Group 16,222 photos, 423 members
- flickr Black Day 1,860 photos, 972 members
- Digital ArtFX2 (Post 1 ~ Award 1) 56,042 photos, 2,445 members
- #FlickrFail 3,425 photos, 195 members
- Origins - Stunning Nature 1,937 photos, 26,025 members
- Photographing Birds 157,771 photos, 2,599 members
- From You to Us 35,891 photos, 931 members
- Anything you like - Post 1- Comment 5 64,448 photos, 4,788 members
- Photoffee 42,899 photos, 2,304 members
- Sunsets & Sunrises I love them all ! 22,745 photos, 2,012 members
Captain Suresh Sharma says:
"Koshy Sahab, as I call him out of respect which he greatly deserves. The man who has inspired me a lot in life, encouraged me so much, he has been my mentor and Guru. He has done so much for me, like a father does for son. A man who has unique nature of supporting anyone who gets into his books and needs support. Its he who is responsible for my significant improvement in photography. We met when he was posted here in my town, as the top boss of the vigilance bureau. I was quite amazed that inspite of his post and rank in the Police, he had no air about, a thorough gentleman in real terms. A keen birder and more spirited for field work than the younger lot of this generation.
I give 100% credit to him for my photography, weekend outdoors were like a ritual. If it was not this kind of inspiring support, I would have lived with a very basic skill of photography.
His support to my photography has no parallel. I have seen people doing lip-service, but he is unique.
Without his support, it wouldn't have been possible to achieve what I have done in this short span of three year of my photography.
His passion for photography and birding certainly inspires the young."
May 31st, 2008
Dilip Muralidaran says:
"I have known Koshy from the time i joined flickr. His photography is very inspiring and interesting as well, however that is a fact given that everybody knows. I wish to talk about his patience and concern for fellow photographers whom he has utmost love, respect and dedication towards... I would never forget the tips he gave me on me purchasing my first DSLR, on changing lenses to cooking the glaxo color changing silica gel to protect your gear. It is this quality of helping others when in dire need that differentiates koshy from other ordinary people. I'm glad to have made koshy a contact and more than that call him a personal friend. I yearn to see more of the wonderful colors and light he paints with his lens everyday in his photostream. Love you more, Koshy. You rock on as always!"
January 21st, 2007
I have spend some time in India in the 80's, then later I only have brief stop over . I have never have a chnace to meet Koshyk. Thanks is due to www.flickr.com
I have notice that he is a fan of mine, I believe he have visited most of my post when i post sometime he do comments sometime he don't.
What I found is he is very generous & kind in giving encouragement to sites that he visited including me.
One thing for sure, he have acquire many many knowledge in his journey. & so kind to share his investment in time energy & resources with us here on this site.
I am totally impress with his master piece of arts, I consider him as a great digital imaging artist.
Please visit him more often, so that you would discover more.....
You are great my friend....."
September 19th, 2006
- Koshy Koshy
- July 2005
- Trivandrum, Kerala, India
- Faridabad, Haryana, India
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Finally free from the shackles of a job!
- The Rambler