I am a vegan and I aim to change the world in positive ways. I live in Chicago but love to travel. I am an avid reader, fan of independent music, love a challenge and great films, too.
I work very hard on my photos and have made a significant financial investment. Please do not take any photos without crediting me with both my full name (Kirstie Shanley) and a link back. Please also ask me for permission for use. It is very very sad to me when I come upon a photo of my own someone is claiming as their own. Create for yourself!
For contacts/other photographers...I work a full time job during the day and have limited time most nights due to the time I need to spend covering shows and photoediting. I have a really hard time keeping up with everyone's photos try as I might. One thing I promise to do is return the favor if you comment or favorite one of my photos. (I do this even for photographers who are not contacts but have photos up.) I am very interested in a sense of community where feedback is exchanged on both sides. Also, I am not interested in just collecting contacts unless you are interested in this element of community.
Also check out my website:
(and if you forget what the address is...you can always google search: Kirstiecat)
Please contact me if you are interested in these photos at email@example.com
- ALL CATS ALLOWED!!! 312,507 photos, 21,112 members
- Street Photographers Community 7,003 photos, 532 members
- Scenes From The Street 382,264 photos, 7,849 members
- Toronto night photography 615 photos, 86 members
- Toronto Graffiti and Street Art 5,517 photos, 153 members
- Toronto graffity 692 photos, 37 members
- Toronto photography 344 photos, 17 members
- Toronto the Good 4,986 photos, 142 members
- Toronto And It's People ! 70 photos, 8 members
- Urban Toronto 43,865 photos, 1,134 members
- Beauty in Toronto 1,467 photos, 71 members
- Toronto Photo 14,897 photos, 288 members
- I ♥ Toronto 4,024 photos, 113 members
- Toronto in your eyes 4,022 photos, 61 members
- Toronto underground 289 photos, 88 members
- Toronto Photobloggers 12,067 photos, 438 members
- Toronto Night 7,534 photos, 499 members
- Toronto Transit Camp 374 photos, 53 members
- Toronto Photography Enthusiasts Club 16,530 photos, 601 members
- Toronto Unlimited 128,277 photos, 2,814 members
- Toronto: Street 265 photos, 300 members
- Toronto Lovers 104,057 photos, 2,102 members
- Toronto Photographic 21,684 photos, 872 members
- Toronto, Ontario 17,027 photos, 1,066 members
- Toronto in winter 2,453 photos, 286 members
- Toronto, ON 40,346 photos, 2,045 members
- Chicago ~ City of Beauty 21,743 photos, 353 members
- I love Chicago 30,717 photos, 765 members
- Nature as Abstract Artist 72,570 photos, 6,718 members
- CAT~ 21,854 photos, 1,276 members
- Pets, Pets, Pets!!! 16,024 photos, 989 members
- Petaholics 5,066 photos, 205 members
- Cats and Dogs Fan 30,539 photos, 1,835 members
- The Best of Black & White ☯ 305,740 photos, 11,717 members
- Cat Motivation 20,346 photos, 3,117 members
- Cats of the World 307,166 photos, 31,877 members
- Cat Faces and Eyes 131,701 photos, 16,863 members
- *Montréal (Québec)* 3,840 photos, 165 members
- Contemporary urban sculptures - No limit 8,707 photos, 645 members
- Chats - Fenêtres 1,763 photos, 242 members
- Women who ♥ Photography 260,968 photos, 6,272 members
- Better in Black & White 61,272 photos, 1,415 members
- people world 31,790 photos, 1,081 members
- Animals looking at You 194,415 photos, 18,281 members
- For The Love of Furry Animals 2,713 photos, 62 members
- Creative Street Photography 9,977 photos, 860 members
- I love Lisbon 264 photos, 26 members
- OK Portugal photos 1,275 photos, 36 members
- Portugrafia 61,811 photos, 1,234 members
- PORTUGUESE PEOPLE / Pessoas Portuguesas 6,772 photos, 359 members
"Je l'adore !!!!"
March 31st, 2018
"She is always in a creative mode"
June 4th, 2018
Minh thuận 85 says:
Your photo shows a lot of emotions about people. I love your photos"
August 16th, 2018
"She is a photographer. Many story of human ve society in her camera on the street. In her impressive frames, the reflection of modern life in the street; family, women, men, children, equality, freedom are capturing with a never-ending passion. A realistic approach to the question of what people are doing and how they live; how to fun, how to protest, how to share, how to live? She dreams of a good, kind world.. and always the supporter of oppressed people. She is a critically thinker.. Thank you Kirstie..."
February 1st, 2018
George Fournaris says:
"Quite often you may find photographers in flickr that you like their style or their technique, etc.
You don't get to find photographers like Kirstie often, period.
Not with her passion, strong focus and devotion that come out from pure love for what she does.
Professionalism is there too, but not a cold, detached one.
What I see behind her work is a good, educated and very very talented person with high values.
That, and the bath tub photo with Tim Buckley, Leonard Cohen and the rest made me sit and browse through almost all of her work at once :)
Keep shooting Kirstie :)"
December 30th, 2017
"Excellent work! Very very nice! :)"
November 28th, 2015
"Kirstie is a great source of inspiration for me. Her pictures are full of emotions, her portraits show the full bandwidth of human feelings, regardless if the object is a celebrity on stage or the man on the street. Kirstie has a refreshing different style from mainstream photography and has developed her own and unique approach to art. Looking forward to see her next works."
August 2nd, 2017
"One of the major influences on my own photography, Kirstie's photos are always vibrant colourful and full of emotion. An amazing body of work, fantasic music shots and a constant inspiration"
February 9th, 2011
"to the photographer who photographs people and sound,
to the photographer who makes music through pictures,
thank you for showing me the potential of the shutter box."
February 10th, 2009
confused wealth says:
"What shines through the most with Kirstie's is her honest passion for music and how she can express this through her words and more importantly her photography. I thought I knew a lot about music, but following Kirstie's stream, I realise I only knew a part of what is out there and available.
She is well known on Flickr for her concert work, however do not overlook her street shots, or her portrait work. It shows what an artist she really is. Kirstie is one of the reasons I am glad I joined Flickr, she is a wonderful photographer, but more importantly a wonderful person."
January 4th, 2009
ablaze sugar says:
"You never know what to expect from kirstiecat, except consistently fantastic concert photography. It's clear music is a real passion for her and this is reflected in the portraits she takes of performing acts. Every now and then, something utterly amazing will appear on her stream that has nothing to do with concerts and musicians but is mindblowing in some way. Kirstiecat has been a Flickr friend of mine for over a year and I think it's wonderful that we continue to grow together as photographers. Thanks for everything, kirstiecat!"
November 16th, 2008
"kirstie has an amazing eye for photography. her concert photos speak for themselves, but her fine-art work shows that she's much more than a girl with a press pass."
October 24th, 2008
Ashley Aguirre says:
"where have you been all my life?"
August 6th, 2008
little morning says:
"Kirstie’s pictures are a jewel. She captures vibrant moments and she has a great way to combine them with beautiful words too. Besides, I can tell without any doubt that she is a beautiful woman and person. She is endless kindness and always has lovely stories to tell us. I am happy to find her and her pictures. If I was a musician, I am sure I’d choose her as my personal photographer :)
Please, take a look to her inspiring shots!"
June 1st, 2008
excellent friend says:
"My most vivid memory of Kirstie will be standing in line for a show - in Wintertime while she was ill and remembering how her face would lit up while talking about music and while inside, she was energetic and alert, taking photographs and being nice to everyone. People who take photographs should be more like her, passionate not only when it comes to taking a good shot, but also passionate about life and about enjoying the moment and the music, in spite of all the things that might be or go wrong."
April 3rd, 2008
"Kirstie's concert photos are often amazing, which makes it a pleasure to come and come back on her stream. And not only is she a great photographer, she also has a true sense of sharing; I enjoy reading her as much as I enjoy viewing her pictures. She is definitly one of the contact I was the happiest to "meet" here on flickr."
March 13th, 2008
lovely pets says:
"both her concert and urban photography are truly an inspiration for me. read her music reviews too! they're awesome!"
March 5th, 2008
Shahab Zargari says:
"fantastic photography here! you will be amazed and enlightened! :) keep up the great work!!"
January 3rd, 2008
"Not only does Kirstie take wonderful concert images she has a great eye for urban landscapes and street scenes, a wonderful imagination and an engaging sense of humor. Her reading and play lists will expand your horizon if you let them. Highly recommended as an addition to your contact list."
December 29th, 2007
"keep up the good work! you continue to deliver exciting photos of lots of music that is new to me sprinkled with some of my very favorites."
March 19th, 2007
"The Tigress of Rock Concert Photography! You only need to see her work to feel her bite. She rocks!"
October 3rd, 2006
- Kirstie Shanley
- March 2006
- I am:
- Female and Taken